I am SO SICK of Aliens.......

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tonyandsteff
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts
Is this really all we have to look forward to in gaming is these rediculously repetitive Alien FPS??? Gears of War - Awesome. Halo - Awesome. Mass Effect - Awesome. Bioshock is where I draw the line. I know, they're not *really aliens, but what are they??? Those other games games did it, and did it well, however, in the future I'd like to see some more creativity rather than people repeating all this interstellar garbage. I'm tired of the good exclusive titles all having something to do with aliens. I'd like to see a good exclusive western title (Sorry but Call of Juarez is crap) or a good dark ages one like Oblivion. Two Worlds sucks too. We can all agree that although there are a few companies that can successfully make games for both the 360 and the PS3 (Oblivion, CoD4...) the best games are exclusive. Let's be done with this alien crap already... How about a cop game that isn't a horror??? Condemned is good but I'm not all about the horror games.
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
So your tired of Aliens, but not tired of Goblins, Sorcery and Knights? Next to WWII shooters they are the most over-used monsters in games.
swizzlar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 swizzlar
Member since 2005 • 638 Posts
seems like im not alone. im so sick of FPS & aliens game come on we need more variety
duckykay2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 duckykay2
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts

I hear what you're saying. I'm not a big fan of the horror genre of games either. You get tired of defeating the same enemies over and over again. Unfortunately, there isn't that much diversity in our knowledge of other beings besides humans so I'm sure the trend will continue unless you get a puzzle game or a platformer. I can deal with the aliens but I get tired of the zombies as I've said before in here :)

Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

The Splicers in Bioshock aren't aliens at all. I consider them more underwater zombies than anything else.

And the main army you are fighting in Mass Effect, the Geth, are robots... not necessarily aliens either.

skivit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skivit
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

I hear what you're saying. I'm not a big fan of the horror genre of games either. You get tired of defeating the same enemies over and over again. Unfortunately, there isn't that much diversity in our knowledge of other beings besides humans so I'm sure the trend will continue unless you get a puzzle game or a platformer. I can deal with the aliens but I get tired of the zombies as I've said before in here :)

duckykay2

My god how can you ever get bored of zombies. Killing endless hordes of zombies is like a dream come true.

duckykay2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 duckykay2

My god how can you ever get bored of zombies. Killing endless hordes of zombies is like a dream come true.

Heh zombies just give me the creeps which they are supposed to do but I just can't handle them.

cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts

The Splicers in Bioshock aren't aliens at all. I consider them more underwater zombies than anything else.

Tsunami23

But they aren't the living dead, they are real people who just used too many Splicers.. and the reason they are so hostile is because there is a Pheremone released in Rapture by Andrew Ryan, to increase their violence and end your life.

tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tonyandsteff
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts
I really like CoD4 and GRAW 2. Rainbow 6 would have been a much better game had it came out at a later date, but i don't think it really shows off the capabilities of the consoles you play it on. WWII shooters are redundant as well... I don't care for them that much either. I mean, Gears has a great storyline to it, it's graphics and controls are good, everything is cool about it except in my opinion, it would have been better if it was just NOT aliens. I'm going to consider Resistance: Fall of Man in this too, since I also own a PS3. It's just another exclusive title done right with aliens in it. I am really hoping to be impressed by GTAIV. And Turok, because dinosaurs is something totally different. Turok is really the only game going to Dinosaurs. DMC will be a good one too.
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kobewars87
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts

Did you even listen to the story line in Bioshock? they arn't aliens at all....not even close. They were humans who wanted to be perfect or had disfigurements and were going through a process of fixing that when it all went bad, leaving them ugly and many went crazy. As for Alien FPS I agree, i am tired of them, but they are still very fun. Except Blacksite....that game was crap.

Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kobewars87
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts
[QUOTE="Tsunami23"]

cleotis_max

Word, my previous post was premature as i had just started the game. i just learned that now.

But they aren't the living dead, they are real people who just used too many Splicers.. and the reason they are so hostile is because there is a Pheremone released in Rapture by Andrew Ryan, to increase their violence and end your life.

andyrae11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 andyrae11
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts

Zombies then? Which is more believeable? Aliens or Zombies? How about pirates? Wait, they are human. How about animals?

I got a new idea for a game. haha

Your'e a tribal african, floppy boobied tribe or whatever, your clan needs food, so you run around the plains of africa fighting lions and hyenas, what the heck, throw in a good old north american wolverine for a WTF?! experience! Cross crocodile infested rivers, fighting off dengi fever in a puzzle mini-game! Upgrade your spears and heal yourself with witch doctor herbs! I smell GOTY!!

jrobinow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jrobinow
Member since 2005 • 418 Posts
What would you prefer to shoot at in FPS?
duckykay2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 duckykay2

Zombies then? Which is more believeable? Aliens or Zombies? How about pirates? Wait, they are human. How about animals?

I got a new idea for a game. haha

Your'e a tribal african, floppy boobied tribe or whatever, your clan needs food, so you run around the plains of africa fighting lions and hyenas, what the heck, throw in a good old north american wolverine for a WTF?! experience! Cross crocodile infested rivers, fighting off dengi fever in a puzzle mini-game! Upgrade your spears and heal yourself with witch doctor herbs! I smell GOTY!!

andyrae11

Ah...it takes a lot to make me laugh this early in the morning. I like the way you think!

Walker34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Walker34
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts
you basically do that in World of Warcraft in the barrens. It's been done. Wow basically did everything that hasn't been done and ruined games forever. You even fight giraffes if you want.
Avatar image for gibson-les-rick
gibson-les-rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gibson-les-rick
Member since 2007 • 798 Posts

seems like im not alone. im so sick of FPS & aliens game come on we need more varietyswizzlar

How is your Gamerscore 9701????? how did you get 1?

Walker34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Walker34
GTA needs to come out with a rural, backwoods version or something.
Breesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Breesy
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts

Which reminds me.

COD5 is going to take place in space where you have to kill aliens....and zombies.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#19 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

Gears of War doesn't have anything to do with aliens either (yet)

If all these creatures came from underground, they're terrestrial just like the "humans" in the game.

it would be like our planet getting attacked by angry mole men and huge underground spiders... we wouldn't call them aliens because they came from this planet

Avatar image for Marionette_Lime
Marionette_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Marionette_Lime
Member since 2003 • 182 Posts
I understand what you're saying, but what would you kill other then Aliens and Zombies, lol, all the FPS's where you kill humans are just WWII games
Impulse1195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Impulse1195
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts
It sounds like your fed up with games from a literary standpoint more than anything else. Not all space games deal with aliens, and not all fantasy games deal with elves and trolls. But MOST do.. those things are just part of what makes that genre. Honestly it just sounds like you arent much of a sci-fi fan, because "intersellar garbage" as you put it, is what most sci-fi fans look for.. and as such, is what game developers market to. Maybe just try finding some different types of games, like ones that maybe weren't being praised as highly as Gears of War, or Mass Effect. Theres sure to be ones that suit your interests better, and GTA 4 will be out later this year too! No aliens in that.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
one of the lead designers at bungie has actually been quoted in saying that eventually ppl will get sick and tired of killing aliens, zombies, and terrorists and so the "S" in FPS will just have to leave, and the games maybe have to be centered around something els entirly.
Impulse1195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Impulse1195
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts

one of the lead designers at bungie has actually been quoted in saying that eventually ppl will get sick and tired of killing aliens, zombies, and terrorists and so the "S" in FPS will just have to leave, and the games maybe have to be centered around something els entirly.wreak

I look forward to this day, because it means hope for the adventure game genre again.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#24 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

Is this really all we have to look forward to in gaming is these rediculously repetitive Alien FPS???tonyandsteff

Yes. And like someone else already pointed out, GoW didn't include aliens. They were a race of beings that emerged from underground.

-K

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

If all these creatures came from underground, they're terrestrial just like the "humans" in the game.

it would be like our planet getting attacked by angry mole men and huge underground spiders... we wouldn't call them aliens because they came from this planet

smerlus
WRONG, because that isn't Earth. Gears of War takes place on a planet called Sera.
Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts
Technically the Locust aren't aliens, they are indigenous to the planet so they would just be creepy bugs bent on our destruction.
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
BioShock. Aliens. TC over-stretches his argument and loses.
jrobinow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jrobinow
I love arguing semantics so here goes...technically the term alien does not mean the same thing as extra-terrestrial. Anything that is foreign is alien (hence the term illegal aliens). So creatures from within the Earth's core or some such could be characterized as aliens.
specs777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 specs777
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

duckykay2
I LOVE HORROR GAMES I only wish there were more horror games that did'nt have strong language or sexual themes in it!!!!
pageiszepplin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 pageiszepplin
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts
[QUOTE="duckykay2"]

skivit

I know i love killing zombies...if there was only an exclusive game aboout getting locked in a mall with 50000 zombies i would be in heaven...especially if the main character was a photographer.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sarmini
Member since 2007 • 2420 Posts

I love games with Aliens...

At first I thought you were going to rant about how most, if not all sci-fi entertainment draws on the Alien series for ideas.

Speaking of that, I cant wait for the new Alien game to come out :D

Anyway, I would like some more games like Oblivion but still, if it looks good Ill buy it.

Also, wouldnt the demons from Oblivion count as Aliens since theyre not from Cyradil (I think thats the city...

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sarmini
Member since 2007 • 2420 Posts
[QUOTE="Tsunami23"]

cleotis_max

Splicers are basically heavy addicts that will do anything to get their next fix IMO
chappy4310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chappy4310
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

At first I thought you were going to rant about how most, if not all sci-fi entertainment draws on the Alien series for ideas.

Anyway, I would like some more games like Oblivion but still, if it looks good Ill buy it.

Also, wouldnt the demons from Oblivion count as Aliens since theyre not from Cyradil (I think thats the city...

sarmini

There's a new Alien game coming out? Sweet! I love the Alien series. I just watched Alien 3 today for the first time in years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 190586385885857957282413308806
[QUOTE="smerlus"]

msjr78

WRONG, because that isn't Earth. Gears of War takes place on a planet called Sera.

actually you're wrong because Gears of War doesn't say anywhere that the"humans" on that planet came from another planet and populated that one and the creatures in that game are native to that planet.... once again making them not aliens either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 190586385885857957282413308806

I love arguing semantics so here goes...technically the term alien does not mean the same thing as extra-terrestrial. Anything that is foreign is alien (hence the term illegal aliens). So creatures from within the Earth's core or some such could be characterized as aliens. jrobinow

actual alien the legal term alien only applies to people and companies... if i bring a dog over from Japan, it's not an alien dog or an illegal alien.

seeing as the creatures in Gears of War aren't people, they wouldn't fall under that term.

contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
Try Team Fortress 2 it may not have a singleplayer story line but it is definably the most refreshing FPS of 2007
Xx-CLOUD-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 Xx-CLOUD-xX
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
Is this really all we have to look forward to in gaming is these rediculously repetitive Alien FPS??? Gears of War - Awesome. Halo - Awesome. Mass Effect - Awesome. Bioshock is where I draw the line. I know, they're not *really aliens, but what are they??? Those other games games did it, and did it well, however, in the future I'd like to see some more creativity rather than people repeating all this interstellar garbage. I'm tired of the good exclusive titles all having something to do with aliens. I'd like to see a good exclusive western title (Sorry but Call of Juarez is crap) or a good dark ages one like Oblivion. Two Worlds sucks too. We can all agree that although there are a few companies that can successfully make games for both the 360 and the PS3 (Oblivion, CoD4...) the best games are exclusive. Let's be done with this alien crap already... How about a cop game that isn't a horror??? Condemned is good but I'm not all about the horror games.tonyandsteff
jrobinow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jrobinow

actual alien the legal term alien only applies to people and companies... if i bring a dog over from Japan, it's not an alien dog or an illegal alien.

seeing as the creatures in Gears of War aren't people, they wouldn't fall under that term.

smerlus

Okay, I'll grant you that the legal term only applies to people, but colloquially the term means anything foreign, like when someone says "that concept is totally alien to me".

ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
I really like CoD4 and GRAW 2. Rainbow 6 would have been a much better game had it came out at a later date, but i don't think it really shows off the capabilities of the consoles you play it on. WWII shooters are redundant as well... I don't care for them that much either. I mean, Gears has a great storyline to it, it's graphics and controls are good, everything is cool about it except in my opinion, it would have been better if it was just NOT aliens. I'm going to consider Resistance: Fall of Man in this too, since I also own a PS3. It's just another exclusive title done right with aliens in it. I am really hoping to be impressed by GTAIV. And Turok, because dinosaurs is something totally different. Turok is really the only game going to Dinosaurs. DMC will be a good one too.tonyandsteff
The Turok series has been around for a while, buddy. Plus there have been dinosaur games such as the Dino Crysis series or Dino Stalker.
ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
[QUOTE="sarmini"]

chappy4310

There's a new Alien game coming out? Sweet! I love the Alien series. I just watched Alien 3 today for the first time in years.

The "demons" you are talking about are called Daedra and Cyrodiil is the province.
Walker34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Walker34
There just need to be more mutated cyborg cows and stuff like that. Not necessarily aliens but just mutations in teh future. Mutated cyborg squirrels or things you wouldn't necessarily expect. I'd want to fight an army of mutated cyborg wolverines or jackrabbits or something like that.
marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

Is this really all we have to look forward to in gaming is these rediculously repetitive Alien FPS??? Gears of War - Awesome. Halo - Awesome. Mass Effect - Awesome. Bioshock is where I draw the line. I know, they're not *really aliens, but what are they??? Those other games games did it, and did it well, however, in the future I'd like to see some more creativity rather than people repeating all this interstellar garbage. I'm tired of the good exclusive titles all having something to do with aliens. I'd like to see a good exclusive western title (Sorry but Call of Juarez is crap) or a good dark ages one like Oblivion. Two Worlds sucks too. We can all agree that although there are a few companies that can successfully make games for both the 360 and the PS3 (Oblivion, CoD4...) the best games are exclusive. Let's be done with this alien crap already... How about a cop game that isn't a horror??? Condemned is good but I'm not all about the horror games.tonyandsteff

The way I see it the aliens haveit coming. I mean, they stomp all over the galaxy reaking havoc on peaceful races and thinking they are the baddest thing out there untilyou put them in their place withsome granades and blaster/rifle fire.

Seriously. I don't mind aliens that much. Kind of like them actually. Without aliens we would probably be shooting humanoids andTHAT gets boring. I mean two arms, two legs, torso, head, looks like you and me?? Nomatter how you dress them they more or less look the same and bleed red. With aliensyouhave an infinite amount of creativity. They can be big or small, purple or orange, multi limbed or even tentacled! Plus, they can bleed green or yellow or any combination of horrible stuff. Properly designed they can be a lot of fun to blow apart.

And I am afraid I don't see your correlation between aliens and BioShock's splicers. Splicers are a bunch of citizens of ome dystopic city that had a little too much fun messing with genetics and such. They are a genre all their own and I felt they were an original idea.

Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 Madbhal402
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts
splicers arent zombies. think of them as drug addictis that have gone insane;)
Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Madbhal402

the difference between aliens and humans is that aliens you can twist their look. You cant do that with humans;)

and all devs need to do is become creative and change the look of ALIENS.

Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Madbhal402

[QUOTE="swizzlar"]seems like im not alone. im so sick of FPS & aliens game come on we need more varietyZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Go shoot some towl heads on call of duty 4 that should get your mind off of aliens...

dont call arabs towel heads thats raceist

1vgfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 1vgfan
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts
Splicers are human beings, and Bioshock is extremely original.
Djinnator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Djinnator
Member since 2007 • 645 Posts

Its not so much the aliens, but rather the story-lines and game play that get old and boring. Half-life had "aliens," though they refer to them as sub-humans, but the story line is different from "Humanity is doomed unless you blow up millions of non-humans." Maybe a game set in the future with humans and non-humans coexisting, that way you can have variety and maybe a unique storyline

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
yea thats one reason i like CoD 4 so much
Avatar image for master-renagade
master-renagade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 master-renagade
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts

so true, my favourite game is dead rising. i cant get enough of killing zombies with whatever i can find in a mall.