I am DONE with xbox 360

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ryanryan2525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ryanryan2525
Member since 2005 • 602 Posts

This has got to be the biggest piece of **** console ever built. Seriously, what the hell? I've lost too many games to this piece of **** This system cracks my games. Litteraly, it crackes them down the middle so they no longer work. Lost Planet, Resident Evil 5, Gears of War 2, and now my favorite game Dead Rising. The disk plays perfectly fine, no scratches, no finger prints, no nothing. I play it, randomly my 360 says disk is unreadable. I take the disk out, boom, another crack. They no longer work. Like seriously..Whats the solution to this?

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

After it happened once I'd be suspicious. But if it happened twice I'd call tech support and get it looked at. That's what common sense tells me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2371bc3e374
deactivated-5f2371bc3e374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5f2371bc3e374
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts

Peace out foolio.

LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts

a new xbox

cloudwarrior79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cloudwarrior79
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts

Indeed i have to agree you console is broken i would attempt to get it fixed not just keep putting games in it just to give it one more chance

pentamaroonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pentamaroonis
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

why wouldnt you just call microsoft after it cracked one of your discs....?

pzpzpz

dukerav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dukerav
Member since 2003 • 2029 Posts
K, cya. Honestly though, why did you not have that checked out after the first cracked disc ?
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Lol dude. What you thought the console would magicaly stop breaking your discs after the 2nd one?
And isnt this one of the X360s problems? That the DVD player is loose or something like that?

Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Remora133
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts
why do you feel the need to tell everyone?
ryanryan2525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ryanryan2525

I love how everyone just assumes I did nothing the first time. When i'm in fact already on my 3rd console

dukerav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dukerav

I love how everyone just assumes I did nothing the first time. When i'm in fact already on my 3rd console

ryanryan2525
Maybe mention that in your original post, dunno.
Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Remora133
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts

ryanryan2525
im on my third too. free everytime
ryanryan2525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ryanryan2525

[QUOTE="ryanryan2525"]

dukerav

I apologize.

dukerav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dukerav

[QUOTE="dukerav"][QUOTE="ryanryan2525"]

ryanryan2525

I apologize.

No offense meant, it just would make things a little clearer, so nobody would assume.
Blackbase88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blackbase88
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

I admit if the disc broke the 1st time i would think it was just an accident. the 2nd time ide probably think i should microsoft.

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

im on my 3rd 360. in any case my 1st on cracked my Gears disc. i always had the game in the tray or in the case. at the time i only had that and hitman BM. so i came to the conclusion that leaving the game in the tray while the system is off will case games to crack. that may not be the case but i havent had any cracked games since then...you def. have to call microsoft tho. i wonder what they will/would say to a situation like this? this isnt the 1st time ive heard of this issue :?

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

im on my 3rd 360. in any case my 1st on cracked my Gears disc. i always had the game in the tray or in the case. at the time i only had that and hitman BM. so i came to the conclusion that leaving the game in the tray while the system is off will case games to crack. that may not be the case but i havent had any cracked games since then...you def. have to call microsoft tho. i wonder what they will/would say to a situation like this? this isnt the 1st time ive heard of this issue :?

lil_d_mack_314
I'm on my 5th console, however never have had issues with damaged discs. I have left games in console while its off for days & no problems. I've heard of the circular scratch from tilting console while powered, but not just randomly cracking discs. That's a first for me.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

i have a fantastic idea TC...CALL MICROSOFT!!!

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
The problem isn`t with the 360, it is with how you remove your games from the cases. On most game cases, you have to depress the center area to "release" the disc, instead of "popping" it from the case. Take a look at the cases with the games that broke and you will see I`m right. I look forward to your apology to the awesome and almighty King of Consoles.
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
[QUOTE="lil_d_mack_314"]

shawn7324
I'm on my 5th console, however never have had issues with damaged discs. I have left games in console while its off for days & no problems. I've heard of the circular scratch from tilting console while powered, but not just randomly cracking discs. That's a first for me.

meh idk, guess it was either my 1st console that cracked the disc, or it was already cracking? but to this day i still dont leave games in the console while not playing em. even in the op. manual its says dont leave games in the 360 while the console is inactive. havent had any more cracked games so its a 50/50 chance imo and i dont feel like buying a game i already had or getting the run around from MS to replace it. a simple precaution that takes a few secs.
Rdav1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rdav1109
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts
YDI for continuing to use the defective system. Why didn't you call tech support the very second it broke your first game?
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

You can take whatever precaution you wish, I have not taken that one & over 3 years without an issue. Also while everyone is on the disc scratching rant they can check this out:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=496320

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#26 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Don't get a new 360, the people telling you that are WRONG. What you need to do is put even more games in your 360, after some time and a few more broken disks, the 360 will grow tired of putting cracks in your disks and will work once more. You just got to show it that you are the boss and that you won't give in to threats.
HumanoMexicano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 HumanoMexicano
Member since 2006 • 382 Posts

Don't get a new 360, the people telling you that are WRONG. What you need to do is put even more games in your 360, after some time and a few more broken disks, the 360 will grow tired of putting cracks in your disks and will work once more. You just got to show it that you are the boss and that you won't give in to threats.Legolas_Katarn

DON'T DO IT! :D

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
That's too bad. Clearly your disc drive is messed up.
crazywayne287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 crazywayne287
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts

This has got to be the biggest piece of **** console ever built. Seriously, what the hell? I've lost too many games to this piece of **** This system cracks my games. Litteraly, it crackes them down the middle so they no longer work. Lost Planet, Resident Evil 5, Gears of War 2, and now my favorite game Dead Rising. The disk plays perfectly fine, no scratches, no finger prints, no nothing. I play it, randomly my 360 says disk is unreadable. I take the disk out, boom, another crack. They no longer work. Like seriously..Whats the solution to this?

ryanryan2525

First of all no, you're system couldn't crack the disc w/ out making any noise. You probably bumped into your xbox. Second of all you're not done, you're still complaining. Third of all, sorry to loose you. bye.

Gabez_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Gabez_R
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts
one question. Witch xbox do you have?
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Call and get it fixed. =-)

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
if you don't have the wits to replace a broken console it's not our fault.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#33 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

i've had the console since launch and not once did it scratch my discs.

you got a bad console...plain and simple.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Yeah... obviously your console. Ever since Christmas 2006, I got RROD once after 1 year. That's all... I also have a new Xbox 360, but that's because I changed rooms... used to share with my brother). I have never even heard of your problem...
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I'm on my 3rd console as well, which is why I picked up a PS3 last year as a backup and for exclusives.
Bread_Face_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bread_Face_Man
Member since 2009 • 561 Posts
Not my problem.
facetious_ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 facetious_ca
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

ryanryan2525
In my experience, Microsoft will not only replace your console, but they will also replace all destroyed games. You should have contacted support long before you got this angry about it.. It's common sense.
ryanryan2525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ryanryan2525

[QUOTE="ryanryan2525"]

facetious_ca

In my experience, Microsoft will not only replace your console, but they will also replace all destroyed games. You should have contacted support long before you got this angry about it.. It's common sense.

Well, I've had 3 consoles. It's just my luck that even my newest one cracks the disk at the most random of times, also, no, they do NOT REPLACE YOUR GAMES. When I told them my problem, they said they would not replace the games, but would replace the console. What would make a new console so different from my last 3? What kind of system do you have to send in multiple times because it destroys your games? It's sad.

boltzcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 boltzcom
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
[QUOTE="ryanryan2525"]

[QUOTE="facetious_ca"][QUOTE="ryanryan2525"]

Well, I've had 3 consoles. It's just my luck that even my newest one cracks the disk at the most random of times, also, no, they do NOT REPLACE YOUR GAMES. When I told them my problem, they said they would not replace the games, but would replace the console. What would make a new console so different from my last 3? What kind of system do you have to send in multiple times because it destroys your games? It's sad.

\ Ever thought about user error?? You are probably in the 1% of people who have ever had an issue with cracked games? I mean, the 360 isn't just going to crack a game unless you do something stupid with it. Don't always assume it's someone or something else's fault... PS---I still have a working day one launch console but use my Elite for obvious reasons...
Poissons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Poissons
Member since 2009 • 961 Posts
If this is true I would talk to Microsoft about this.
hawksie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hawksie
Member since 2008 • 188 Posts
That's the TCs fault for continuing to put discs into a machine that he knew cracks discs. All I can say is lol.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

That sucks for you I guess I haven't experienced any troubles so far.

astreets1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 astreets1
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

I own both consoles and all I can say is that if you go to Sony, you will regret your decision...I haven't played mine in almost a month and a half and I just got it in July...

ikn3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ikn3z
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

Why do people feel the need to post "see you later" or critisize him for putting in more disks? His system cracks his games! That sucks! Can you imagine if a car manufacturer creates a car with a 20% failure rate? Or when you buy candy from a store, you have a 20% chance of eating a rotton candy bar? If it happened to you, you'd complain too.

But I agree, it took you 3 times?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#46 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I've never had problems with games getting cracked or even scratched except for FNR4, the system gave it this weird abrasion out of nowhere and it had been installed, so it wasn't spinning in the first place. That was months ago, and I haven't had any other problems. But then again, I never move my console while a disc is in it or it's powered, and I install games so they won't spin while playing.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Buy a new one, specifically one of the new Jasper models.
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

Can the XBOX crack the discs....?How the hell can do that..?Maybe some scratch with the old models but not a crack disc,i don't think that the 360 can do that.I have my 360 2,5 years and i never have any problem with any scratch.I don't think that is true.:?

AntonSaidWhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AntonSaidWhat
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

It hapenned to me once, and it was because my niece passed by and moved the 360 while playing, and the disc jumped out and started to scratch like hell, it was trash after that lol.

But, if it hapenned more than 1 time, u shouldve gotten anther 360.

HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HipYoungster42
Member since 2009 • 1892 Posts

You probably had your system standing vertically, which is NEVER a good idea. The 360 is known to tamper with discs if the disc drive is even moved the slightest cm, which can happen when the 360 is moved. More than likely your 360 has been moved about all those times your discs were broken, nad it was severe enough to break your disc.

Another possibility is that your system is just plain faulty. This could possibly be more likely, and you should at least call Microsoft to see what you can do about it.

Hope that helps!:D:P