How/What I need to connect speakers to my 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kane135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kane135
Member since 2004 • 383 Posts

Well I'm still planning on buying a 360, and I don't own an HDTV (and probably will not for quite a while...)
So I've set my eyes on the VGA HD/AV cables. Now, I've read a ton about how to connect 360 to a monitor. Problem is, I don't have a speaker ON the monitor, I do have a speaker though, but am wondering how to connect it so that I get the sound. The White + Red cables that comes with VGA HD package cannot go in to my monitor, and I'm told to buy an optical cable.

So my question is, what exactly do I need (Links would be lovely too) so I can get sound and how do I go about connecting them?

kane135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 kane135
Member since 2004 • 383 Posts
Bump before I go to sleep :) Any help would be much appreciated.
Pablo_Aimar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Pablo_Aimar
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts
Has your monitor got an audio out socket?
lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 lotr_2003
Member since 2003 • 2096 Posts
You're going to have to buy a set of speakers that allows line in for video games console...that's what I have...it should say on the box if it's compatible with a console...it let's me plug my red and white cable right into the line in of my speakers.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

Here's what I use:

Altec Lansing XA2021 (these are some of the best 2.1 speakers I've ever owned! I only paid $24.99 at Fry's Electronics)

It also comes with a R/W audio connect for the VGA cable.

Hope this helps you out.

Conveant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Conveant
Member since 2008 • 539 Posts
For this type of help you would of possibly got a faster answer in the "Audio/Visual" forum just for the record, which is dedicated to these sorts of questions with users who browse it that can offer you answers for most of your Tech needs.

Be sure to read the stickied posts on Page one of the forums to know the rules of what should be posted and what is frowned upon. Thank you