How to wreck the Xbox 360 from the 2008-2009 time period?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

User Lists: 0

#1 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

So I have an Xbox 360 from the 2008/2009 year, and it was one of those models back when the Core and the other one with the wireless controller were still being sold. I have the one that is better than the core, with the wireless controller, 150 GB HD...and I want to wreck it, but legitimately, so my parents will get me a Slim. Anyone have any idea on how to go about wrecking it legitimately? I searched google....found nothing.

Twizlerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Twizlerr
Member since 2010 • 109 Posts

Well this wasn't intentionally, but one of my friends left a huge pile of clothes on top of his power brick and his Xbox broke :P

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Just get a job and buy your own..

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
You want to **** up your perfectly fine video game system so that your parents will buy you a new one just b/c it is the new model that does the same things as the old one :? Anyone else see something wrong with this... I mean seriously man
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
I have some advice for you, which are as follows 1. Thank your mom for not having an abortion 2. Thank your parents for providing you a home, food, and clothing free of charge 3. Stop trying to con the people who were nice enough to do #1 and #2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 000000000111
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

You want to **** up your perfectly fine video game system so that your parents will buy you a new one just b/c it is the new model that does the same things as the old one :? Anyone else see something wrong with this... I mean seriously manrawsavon

It's your typical high school drama bs. He wants to look cool in front of his friends for having the new 360 instead of just being thankful he has a 360 that works. TC some advice be more appreciative of your parents and their willingness to actually buy you the current gen system. When I was in school I was just getting N64 and Playstation a good while after Xbox and PS2 were released. I had to get a summer job to get an Xbox and didn't get a 360 until after I graduated High School...so man up is my advice.

killakill615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 killakill615
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts

well i wont tell you how because it should be obvious ...with that said even if you cant get a job legally do stuff around the house and mow the yard ad stuff for a little change and put it in your savings so you dont spend it on ...candy and such lol

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]You want to **** up your perfectly fine video game system so that your parents will buy you a new one just b/c it is the new model that does the same things as the old one :? Anyone else see something wrong with this... I mean seriously man000000000111

It's your typical high school drama bs. He wants to look cool in front of his friends for having the new 360 instead of just being thankful he has a 360 that works. TC some advice be more appreciative of your parents and their willingness to actually buy you the current gen system. When I was in school I was just getting N64 and Playstation a good while after Xbox and PS2 were released. I had to get a summer job to get an Xbox and didn't get a 360 until after I graduated High School...so man up is my advice.

also it seems like it would be better to trade in your current xbox and ask your parents to provide the difference instead of breaking yours and getting them to buy a new one.

I fi were your parents i would refuse to buy a system that just breaks over and over.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="000000000111"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]You want to **** up your perfectly fine video game system so that your parents will buy you a new one just b/c it is the new model that does the same things as the old one :? Anyone else see something wrong with this... I mean seriously manGen007

also it seems like it would be better to trade in your current xbox and ask your parents to provide the difference instead of breaking yours and getting them to buy a new one.

I fi were your parents i would refuse to buy a system that just breaks over and over.

Wait, I can trade in my 360? I thought only the Arcade could be traded in for the Slim?

And for the rest of you out there, my family is weird like that. I have a job. I get my own cash, but they prefer me to not use it. If I go out and buy something by myself, they always look weird at me. I walk around with $900 in my pockets...and rarely get to spend it. The only thing is though, my parents believe in this break before buy rule. To get something new, all other possible alternative items must not exist in our house. I have this broken, 2-bit t.v in my room, and I do not get a new one simply because I can USE this one.

And for the record...I am not in high school. I am 18, and I am in my 2nd year Undergrad school.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

So you let your parents control YOUR money? Anyway you could probably mess it up by putting it in a freezer or pour water on it. I'm not sure why it is hard to destroy just google how to destroy a console.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Eternal-Entity

So you let your parents control YOUR money? Anyway you could probably mess it up by putting it in a freezer or pour water on it. I'm not sure why it is hard to destroy just google how to destroy a console.

craigalan23

Key word: Legitimately.

I need it to break the way the first Xbox 360s broke, by heat or over use, or the RROD, or the disk reader.

Yes, I let my parents control MY money simply because all of their money, which is like a thousand fold more than mine, is free for me to use (unless I try to UPGRADE technology...and then the wallet closes).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 000000000111

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="000000000111"]

Eternal-Entity

Wait, I can trade in my 360? I thought only the Arcade could be traded in for the Slim?

And for the rest of you out there, my family is weird like that. I have a job. I get my own cash, but they prefer me to not use it. If I go out and buy something by myself, they always look weird at me. I walk around with $900 in my pockets...and rarely get to spend it. The only thing is though, my parents believe in this break before buy rule. To get something new, all other possible alternative items must not exist in our house. I have this broken, 2-bit t.v in my room, and I do not get a new one simply because I can USE this one.

And for the record...I am not in high school. I am 18, and I am in my 2nd year Undergrad school.

Please excuse me for the insinuation. If you are 18 years old, have $900 in pocket, have no bills, and nothing more important to be buying such as a car...why are you letting your parents tell you what do with your money??? Sorry if I'm sounding like a total ass but sounds like you need to bring up the fact that you don't tell them how to spend the money that they earn so why should they tell you? I went through the same thing before getting an apartment with my older brother, sometimes you have to say **** it and do what you want, that's the only way you will learn any of life's wonderful lessons.

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

in all honesty, if you have a perfectly fine working xbox, why do you want to upgrade anyway?

its just a massive waste of money

and if you have $900 dollars regularly free to spend on whatever then why are you worried about access to your parents money you have plenty of your own, man up and use it

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Please excuse me for the insinuation. If you are 18 years old, have $900 in pocket, have no bills, and nothing more important to be buying such as a car...why are you letting your parents tell you what do with your money??? Sorry if I'm sounding like a total ass but sounds like you need to bring up the fact that you don't tell them how to spend the money that they earn so why should they tell you? I went through the same thing before getting an apartment with my older brother, sometimes you have to say **** it and do what you want, that's the only way you will learn any of life's wonderful lessons.

I have thought about that...but then I lose this wonderfully big home (that will take me at least 10 years to fully own and pay of loans), I lose my car, and most importantly...I lose the infinite amount of money they have for gaming... (sure $900 is a lot, but if I buy enough games, that is gone...kapposh, even faster if I start paying for my own stuff, while they have already spent close to $100,000 on my gaming needs not to mention my school fees) That...and B.C has a 19+ age limit...so no Credit Card for me.

And just for the record...we are totally off topic. You guys were supposed to help me get RROD...not help me get kicked out of the house.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Make it overheat by wrapping it in towels or look up how to mess up the disc drive. There are plenty of forums in which people ask the same exact thing so just use Google to find some good ideas. By the way sticking it in the freezer will mess it up a lot and give you the RROD. Freeze it, overheat it ,and then keep doing it.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eternal-Entity

Make it overheat by wrapping it in towels or look up how to mess up the disc drive. There are plenty of forums in which people ask the same exact thing so just use Google to find some good ideas. By the way sticking it in the freezer will mess it up a lot and give you the RROD. Freeze it, overheat it ,and then keep doing it.

craigalan23

But...won't that be noticable? I do not want to be overly overt with this. This is like a total covert operation. Now the towels idea is a good one.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

Just take it apart and grab a hammer and just hit the mother board repeatedly and then put back together

But i would prefer you not break it why waste cash on a new thing when the old one works fine especially if it does not change your gaming experience

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eternal-Entity

Ok...GOD SAVE ME! Alright...just forget it. Legitimacy is not a word in your dictionaries. I get it. Sheesh. I get everything and every answer from you guys except for how to do it legitimately. I give up. Just stop posting here before you get me framed for spam or something....

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rawsavon
No reason to get upset TC :? You asked for help to break your Xbox just b/c you want a slim. What kind of responses did you expect here?
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Eternal-Entity

No reason to get upset TC :? You asked for help to break your Xbox just b/c you want a slim. What kind of responses did you expect here?rawsavon

Actually, I want a new 360. It can be a Slim or an Elite. I just said Slim because it is getting $25 and is new in Best Buy Canada.

And I expected something along the lines of: To overheat your disk drive or cpu, play this game for this many hours and it is sure to burn your 360. Or something like, turn your heater up to 50 degrees celcius..blah blah. Something that actually works that I have not thought off...you know? Legitimate...something a warranty can cover.

isephi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 isephi
Member since 2010 • 112 Posts
Honestly bro just over heat the 360 turn it on inside a cabinet or something that provides little or no air flow to it. problem solved.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]No reason to get upset TC :? You asked for help to break your Xbox just b/c you want a slim. What kind of responses did you expect here?Eternal-Entity

Actually, I want a new 360. It can be a Slim or an Elite. I just said Slim because it is getting $25 and is new in Best Buy Canada.

And I expected something along the lines of: To overheat your disk drive or cpu, play this game for this many hours and it is sure to burn your 360. Or something like, turn your heater up to 50 degrees celcius..blah blah. Something that actually works that I have not thought off...you know? Legitimate...something a warranty can cover.

It baffles me that you cannot see why people would be reluctant to help you
kaizerkakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 kaizerkakai
Member since 2003 • 113 Posts

You want to **** up your perfectly fine video game system so that your parents will buy you a new one just b/c it is the new model that does the same things as the old one :? Anyone else see something wrong with this... I mean seriously manrawsavon

i agree if you want it so bad sell it or something.pretty dumb of you to mess up a new system :| heck GIVE IT TO ME i need a new xbox,i still got the launch one :]

Urban_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Urban_Flow
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

Just get a job and buy your own..

Darkslayer16
jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

TC, just convince your parents you have the really old model and that the warranty is almost up, and to protect yourself and your investment you should sell/trade it now to salvage some of the value before it breaks completely.

otherwise put the xbox in a closed box or a sealed entertainment center, play a game with a lot of cutscenes/explosions until you get the favored RROD. but if it breaks and its still under warranty, won't your parents make you send that one in rather than get a new one?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 000000000111

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]No reason to get upset TC :? You asked for help to break your Xbox just b/c you want a slim. What kind of responses did you expect here?Eternal-Entity

Now I'm confused, you want a slim or elite but you want to "break" your white (just guessing here) 360 and it still be covered by warranty??? Please tell me if I'm not getting something here...

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Eternal-Entity

TC, just convince your parents you have the really old model and that the warranty is almost up, and to protect yourself and your investment you should sell/trade it now to salvage some of the value before it breaks completely.

otherwise put the xbox in a closed box or a sealed entertainment center, play a game with a lot of cutscenes/explosions until you get the favored RROD. but if it breaks and its still under warranty, won't your parents make you send that one in rather than get a new one?

jlevin860

Good idea. I guess. Best one so far.

To the guy below me, I have a 3 year warranty, and I want it to "overheat" like the old ones used to, so that it is covered. I do not want to break the 360 if it will not be covered, because that is a waste of money. So like I tried getting my heater to 50 degrees and also left the 360 on for several days, but it is withstanding all of that. Like it refuses to fall...

Suicide-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#29 Suicide-Panda
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]No reason to get upset TC :? You asked for help to break your Xbox just b/c you want a slim. What kind of responses did you expect here?rawsavon

It baffles me that you cannot see why people would be reluctant to help you

It baffles me also.....

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
Open disc tray.. cut drive belt.. close disc tray. Voila
rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Hes crazy!

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts

[QUOTE="jlevin860"]

Eternal-Entity

To the guy below me, I have a 3 year warranty, and I want it to "overheat" like the old ones used to, so that it is covered. I do not want to break the 360 if it will not be covered, because that is a waste of money. So like I tried getting my heater to 50 degrees and also left the 360 on for several days, but it is withstanding all of that. Like it refuses to fall...

You do realize that if it breaks under the warranty they will only give you the exact same model xbox back right.

wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts
Your relationship sounds wierd
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

[QUOTE="jlevin860"]

BaconB1ts123

You do realize that if it breaks under the warranty they will only give you the exact same model xbox back right.

Nope. Best Buy gives you a slightly better version of the 360 that was broken (covered under Best Buy warranty). I originally bought a Core Xbox 360, but because it broke, I got the Premium one. If it breaks now, like I went and asked them, they will give me a slim because it is cheaper for them rather than giving me the bundle Elite (splinter cell).

And no, I do not understand why people would be reluctant to help me. Do you not want me to get a new 360 under the warranty? Are you people one of those people that have "moral values" or something? Like if it was child killing or something I would understand why you would not help me, but if it is related to a machine, who cares?

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

[QUOTE="BaconB1ts123"]

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

Eternal-Entity

Nope. Best Buy gives you a slightly better version of the 360 that was broken (covered under Best Buy warranty). I originally bought a Core Xbox 360, but because it broke, I got the Premium one. If it breaks now, like I went and asked them, they will give me a slim because it is cheaper for them rather than giving me the bundle Elite (splinter cell).

And no, I do not understand why people would be reluctant to help me. Do you not want me to get a new 360 under the warranty? Are you people one of those people that have "moral values" or something? Like if it was child killing or something I would understand why you would not help me, but if it is related to a machine, who cares?

Why should anyone try to help you? Like there are people that can't even afford a 360 that would be thankful for any model and then there are people like you that whine because it's not the newest one. You just made a topic yesterday or whenever saying you bought over 10000 Microsoft points so you can buy one you just wont. That or you are lying in the other topic. Best Buy won't give you a slim either. If you want a slim get a job and use your own money to buy one.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

[QUOTE="BaconB1ts123"] You do realize that if it breaks under the warranty they will only give you the exact same model xbox back right.

Darkslayer16

Why should anyone try to help you? Like there are people that can't even afford a 360 that would be thankful for any model and then there are people like you that whine because it's not the newest one. You just made a topic yesterday or whenever saying you bought over 10000 Microsoft points so you can buy one you just wont. That or you are lying in the other topic. Best Buy won't give you a slim either. If you want a slim get a job and use your own money to buy one.

Ok, so I want a new one simply because my parents paid for a $75 warranty for 3 years. I want to always maximize my profits. I do not sincerely expect everyone to help me, but I did not expect to have this many opponents. I have a job, I have my own money, but I am not allowed to use it (unless it is earned from a source they do not know off, and I like to save that source for games and microsoft points instead of pointless upgrades).

And just for a fact. If my parents had not bought that 3 year warranty for $75 and wasted that money, I would not care about a slim. But those $75 should not go as a profit to a buisness (getting money from me is super hard, almost near impossible). I already have to start paying taxes next year (age of majority), and that is enough of a waste of my money.

Anyways, if some of you do not want to help me, just do not post in this topic. I am not here for a debate...and you are making me go way off topic. I just know I am going to get moderated for this, and in the end, the blame will all fall on my head...sheesh. If you want to help, post, if not, get out.

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

you sound like a spoilt little 5 year old kid having a tantrum in the toy shop, one of those annoying ones that wont stop crying because their mum has refused to buy them that shiny new toy they just saw

you claim to be an adult how about you grow up and act like one, instead of like a spoilt brat

some people would love to just be able to afford a 360 yet you are trying to break a perfectly good one just so you can get the new shinny one, its pathetic

Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts

This is totally irrelevant, but can you stop with the light blue text, is is so **** annoying.

kid205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kid205
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

Key word buddy. You just said you dont want to waste your money on pointless upgrades. IM 18 AND STILL PLAY WITH MY OLD XBOX FROM 2007!!!! And I dont complain and whine because I dont have the newest coolest model. I appreciate that my parents were nice enough to buy me one and I treat it good. I dont try to overheat it and break it because mommy and daddy told me no. If you have 900 dollars in your pocket then GO BUY A NEW ONE. SCREW MOMMY AND DADDY!!!! YOUR A LEGAL ADULT!!!! If they kick you out.... maybe you deserve it. NOW GTFO OUT OF THIS THREAD AND MAN UP!!

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="000000000111"]

Eternal-Entity

Wow seriously dude? You are 18 with a job and you still ask your parents to buy you things? Screw what your parents think do what you want.

Trade in the old system for the slim.

although it is the EXACT same thing no point in getting the slim other than built in wifi which the ps3 has had forever now...

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Your parents have to work for their money, do you know that? Keep the console you have..