How to Report Boosters?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintend-man86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 nintend-man86
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts

Ok, i have these friends that boost, some modd, and there just cheaters. I want them to get busted. Ive tried filing complaints(i file complaitns on all boosters i see) but nothing seems to happen. Whats the best way to make sure all cheaters i come across get caught?

famoussasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 famoussasjohn
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts

Ok, i have these friends that boost, some modd, and there just cheaters. I want them to get busted. Ive tried filing complaints(i file complaitns on all boosters i see) but nothing seems to happen. Whats the best way to make sure all cheaters i come across get caught?

nintend-man86
they need a certain amount of reports before they get in trouble. keep on doing it. nothing you really can do about it except kill them with an rpg and nades.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

nintend-man86
Wow, that's kinda like being a snake don't you think? Anyways, just file 1 complaint on each of them that's cheating and leave the rest for other people and Microsoft. Nothing else you can do really. Filing multiple complaints does not help, it just computes to one complaint.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Boosting isn't against the rules so no matter how much you report someone it makes no difference. Only things people can get in trouble for are modding / hacking, harassment and offensive bio / gamertag.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Boosting isn't against the rules so no matter how much you report someone it makes no difference. Only things people can get in trouble for are modding / hacking, harassment and offensive bio / gamertag.

Darkslayer16
bingo, you can give them bad rep, but they cant be banned for boosting
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Reporting friends usually gets ignored.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts

who cares... how does boosting affect you? just remove them from your friends list and move on with your life.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Wow, that's kinda like being a snake don't you think? gamer082009

Doing the right thing makes you a snake?

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer082009"]Wow, that's kinda like being a snake don't you think? Jaysonguy

Apparently.

In addition, while MS may not ban for boosting - I've heard reports of Bungie giving out 3-day bans for boosting in Halo 3.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="gamer082009"]Wow, that's kinda like being a snake don't you think? Cwagmire21

Apparently.

In addition, while MS may not ban for boosting - I've heard reports of Bungie giving out 3-day bans for boosting in Halo 3.

Has absolutely nothing to do with being reported tho.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cwagmire21

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Darkslayer16

Apparently.

Has absolutely nothing to do with being reported tho.

I know; it's quite nice that Bungie has set up a system to keep cheaters at bay. Many developers could learn from them.

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

Boosting isn't wrong, why would you report them?

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cwagmire21

Boosting isn't wrong, why would you report them?

Fredrick2003x

Boosting isn't wrong? How so?

Boosting messes up leaderboards, skews game statistics and ruins online matches.

corb77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 corb77
Member since 2003 • 464 Posts

Question: Whats boosting? int that just ranking up as fast as they can or am i missing what it really means?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Question: Whats boosting? int that just ranking up as fast as they can or am i missing what it really means?

corb77
using friends to rank up usually, essentially artificially raising your score/rank/KD ratio
apathyambition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 apathyambition
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts

This is why me and my friends have a "BOOSTER JUSTICE" class! Run really fast and knife them or rpg them if they even try to do it! :D

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

There's nothing wrong with boosting if done right. Most people boost for achievements or trophies. My only argument is, if you're going to boost, open your own room or make a private room and let everyone know before the game starts.

People who log onto a live game and start boosting are disruptive to that gameplay and I agree in those cases.

colt1831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 colt1831
Member since 2009 • 587 Posts
I approve if it's in third person cage match so no one is affected
kriptonzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 kriptonzz
Member since 2004 • 3637 Posts

Killjoy

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

There's nothing wrong with boosting if done right. Most people boost for achievements or trophies. My only argument is, if you're going to boost, open your own room or make a private room and let everyone know before the game starts.

People who log onto a live game and start boosting are disruptive to that gameplay and I agree in those cases.

Chickan_117

I basically agree with this guy. Describing boosting as "wrong," as if it's some ethical issue, seems kinda silly.

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
you sell your copy of mw2 and buy battlefieldBC2. Thats the best way to stop boosting. (long term) IW will have to stop counting money and start fixing there game .
Kokuya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kokuya
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts

Just to clear up some myths about reporting (this was all released recently by the xbox "police" team's leaderStephen Toulouse).

"They just ignore friends reporting" - The xbox team have just released an announcement to say that they do infact look over every single report they get, and review it by hand. They currently have enough staff that they can completely every report within 24 hours of receiving it. However, they do need some evidence and don't take things out of context - for example, if it's a voice message, they can listen to it; but they'll also listen to the messages you sent to see if you provoked them.

"Just keep reporting" - There is a system which prevents multiple reports from even showing up - if there are two duplicate reports from the same person, only one of them actually goes to the xbox team: don't waste your time by spamming the button.

"They need a certain number of reports before they do anything" - Unlike other services, xbox live DOES NOT use a set number of reports to ban somebody - they review them all and so if a single one shows somebody is in breach of the TOS, they will punish the offender. You don't more than a single report for action to be taken.

"Boosting isn't cheating" - According to the xbox TOS, it is. Anything which involves gaining an unfair advantage or exploiting the game in such a way that it is detrimental to another player's experience is considered a violation and can get you banned. However, it is extremely difficult to tell the difference between boosting and a player who has just pwned the match (when all you see are the numbers, not a recording).

"Boosting isn't wrong" - Seriously? Get the hell of these forums, and burn your xbox. You don't deserve an opinion.

Hope that clears some stuff up - here's one of the official releases that explains it as well:http://kotaku.com/362810/the-xbox-live-police

jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#23 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
Not sure if you would classify this as Boosting but I played MW2 a few times and I got knifed by a guy several times that just runs up on you knifing....It has happened to me many times in MW2..I will say I was super annoyed and hated it. Who would play like that. If thats boosting they are idiots.