How to play xbox original games on 360 console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 sivasiva
Member since 2007 • 1101 Posts

How do i play xbox original games(not xbox 360 games) such as Gta san andreas on the 360 console?

Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
Okay, if you have your console in the horizontal position, first press the far left button on the same side as the controller port. How this part is key: in the tray that is now protruding from the console, insert your xbox game disc. You must then proceed to once again press the far left button on the same side of the console as the controller ports. This is not to be confused with the side into which you insert the plug and component cables. For this step, you must make sure your television is turned on and tuned to the mode to which you connected your xbox 360 console to it by way of the previously mentioned component cable. You must then connect a controller to your console in order to operate the game. An original xbox controller will not work for this. If this method does not work, you are either using a console placed in the vertical position, or the game you selected is not supported for backwards compatibility.
Carroll-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Carroll-06
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
Well when I first got Xbox Live I downloaded an update and then just put in a Xbox game and it worked, I dont know if you need the update but I just didn't want to risk it.
mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts

How do i play xbox original games(not xbox 360 games) such as Gta san andreas on the 360 console?

sivasiva

you need an XBOX 360 hard drive to play original XBOX games

Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
[QUOTE="sivasiva"]

mike4realz

you need an XBOX 360 hard drive to play original XBOX games

and a simple update from live, that's all, and preferrably on a SD tv, heh, doesn't look too good on HD tv's.
kiddykatrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kiddykatrox
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I have the hard drive and the update from live yet i still can't get the game to work(Halo 1) wat do i do
l0ve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7 l0ve
Member since 2005 • 3178 Posts
Maybe your screen resolution is set wrong in your xbox settings or something? I dont even know if that would cause a problem though.
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts
You need to get an update in order to play original Xbox games. If you are connected to Xbox live then it will pop up telling you to update. Here is a list of the backward compatible games.
kiddykatrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kiddykatrox
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Ive done both the settings are right and yes i hav updated my xbox 360 so i can play xbox originals on my 360
maxmax1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 maxmax1234
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts
I just put halo2 in the tray, and it started after a quick update.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

not all xbox games work...

check here for compatible games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts
Okay, if you have your console in the horizontal position, first press the far left button on the same side as the controller port. How this part is key: in the tray that is now protruding from the console, insert your xbox game disc. You must then proceed to once again press the far left button on the same side of the console as the controller ports. This is not to be confused with the side into which you insert the plug and component cables. For this step, you must make sure your television is turned on and tuned to the mode to which you connected your xbox 360 console to it by way of the previously mentioned component cable. You must then connect a controller to your console in order to operate the game. An original xbox controller will not work for this. If this method does not work, you are either using a console placed in the vertical position, or the game you selected is not supported for backwards compatibility.Food_Nipple
lol you're such a jerk