how to keep care of xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thdstrbd1360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thdstrbd1360
Member since 2005 • 506 Posts
I have a question, what are some things you can do that might make your Xbox 360 last longer? Does any of the fan stands work well. I had the intercooler, but people said that it can mess up your system. I had madden freezing all the time and then I got the intercooler and the fan stand and I never had the problem again. Some people also told me that if the 360 is plugged into a power bar then that is bad. any suggestions to make my 360 last longer?
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
dont use it in the bath tub
ragincoley86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ragincoley86
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts
Here are a few things i try to do to keeping the system going the extra mile.Never tilt the system when its on, Lay it horizonal instead of vertical, Take the games out when I'm done with them, and I keep the power brick off the floor.
Marine152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Marine152
Member since 2005 • 922 Posts

Well I keep my 360 in a min refrigerator. I havent had any problems yet.

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
Keep it all in a nice open, well ventilated place. Don't lock it away in a stereo or TV cabinet. I try not to play it for more than a couple hours a day. And I don't even play it every day. Not that I don't want to, I just don't have time. Those 8 hour sessions won't keep it cool. Don't use it if you have the means not to. I still have my original Xbox and quite a few games. I never use Backwards Compatibility. First of all, the emulation is not always perfect. And that's less time to work my 360 if I'm using the original one. Same thing with DVD's. Use a separate DVD player.
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
i keep mine near a window that is almost always open, didnt have any problems so far
Thdstrbd1360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thdstrbd1360
Member since 2005 • 506 Posts
do the fans help at all? like the fan stand? I have heard bad things about the intercooler and I almost think it is why my last one got 3ROD.
Carpe_Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Carpe_Noctum
Member since 2002 • 1369 Posts
There is nothing special that you need to do other than don't drop it or kick it around. I left my first 360 on for almost a year 1/2, never turned it off and it worked just fine when I traded it in for an Elite; also left on 24/7 and have no problems.
Avatar image for jimboboklashaur
jimboboklashaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 jimboboklashaur
Member since 2003 • 503 Posts
My 360 is plugged into a power brick, the brick for the 360 itself is sitting on my floor, it's in a tv stand, I have an intercooler that I don't use, and it's still running strong. I don't play it that much though, so that could contribute to why it's still living, but still. The intercooler is pointless and extremely loud. My friend had a fan stand and that is a piece because it didn't make the temperature any different AND it's louder than the intercooler. Just don't play it 24 hours a day and you'll be fine.