Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 HkRay
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

Hellos fellow gamers.

I picked up Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls a few days ago and can't seem to find where you look for open games? My Xbox live gold account is current and my account is linked with Battle.net.

Anyhow, I see where you make games open to the public but I don't see any form of lobby. I know my games are online since I get the occasional person joining. I just can't see or find where to join other existing games?

Thanks

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@hkray:

Use the quick match option, that's how you join other games. Once quick match locates a game for you you are placed in the lobby where you can see the other characters in the game. From there you can back out or enter the server and start playing. There is no lobby list if that is what you are looking for, but when using quick match you can narrow down your search preferences(by act, or random act, then by difficulty).

Additionally, there is also a region override setting in the options(cannot remember if it applies for hosting or searching games, or both) which allows you to play with others outside your region, hence expanding the search parameters, but potentially putting you in a laggy game due to larger geographic distance between you and the host.

HkRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 HkRay
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@hkray:

Use the quick match option, that's how you join other games. Once quick match locates a game for you you are placed in the lobby where you can see the other characters in the game. From there you can back out or enter the server and start playing. There is no lobby list if that is what you are looking for, but when using quick match you can narrow down your search preferences(by act, or random act, then by difficulty).

Additionally, there is also a region override setting in the options(cannot remember if it applies for hosting or searching games, or both) which allows you to play with others outside your region, hence expanding the search parameters, but potentially putting you in a laggy game due to larger geographic distance between you and the host.

Cool, Thanks!

I guess Blizzard did away with the lobby. They changed the game up so much since I last played it back when Diablo II was first released.

Thanks again.