How to Beat General RAAM

This topic is locked from further discussion.

captainoctopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 captainoctopus
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts

this may sound a very noobish question but how do u beat Raam.

I've tried everything, but he just advances and owns me

Help would be appreciated

thanks for reading, MattĀ 

Bungholio55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Bungholio55
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
Read my older blog. My story is on there.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
Most people I know go into the fight with a longshot (sniper), and either a lancer or torque bow.Ā  When it starts, take cover behind that concrete wall in front of you.Ā  Take shots at him with the lancer/bow until his kryll shield flies off, then snipe away at him.Ā  When he gets close, wait until he walks almost to the side of the wall as you are, and then run. Run to the other side of the platform, and repeat.Ā  Don't stay out of cover for too long or he'll shoot your head off (as you probably already know).
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

Go to www.nextgenwalkthroughs.comĀ should be a lot of help

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts

Man I died at least 5 timesĀ with my buddy on that last fight, you can do it by yourself just get the torque bow and just keep on shooting those things at him and he should go down with about 5 or 6 of those shots directly on his body or head.

whosgotthe311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whosgotthe311
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
I ran down to the end and got the stationary chain gun.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

Gargh! **** gamespot ate my post.

My suggestion is (if playing by yourself) equip the sniper and torque bow. Hit him with a fully charged bow shot to ward off the kryll, then focus on headshots with the sniper rifle. Active Reloads are your friend in this battle, especially when you have to play solo.

If you've got someone that can co-op with you, it may not be a bad idea to try and have one person distract him, while the other (when the kryll are off him) to stick a grenade on him. Takes off a HUGE chunk of RAAM's health, if not killing him instantly. :)

comthitnuong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 comthitnuong
Member since 2005 • 10093 Posts
Play it with another person. Easy as pie.
hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hachiman128
Member since 2007 • 779 Posts

I ran down to the end and got the stationary chain gun.whosgotthe311

Ā It's in the dark, so no, you didn't.

Anyway, when I did it alone, I shot him with a torque bow while the Kryll were around and used a sniper when the Kryll left. Killed him eventually.Ā 

dunit13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dunit13
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts

[QUOTE="whosgotthe311"]I ran down to the end and got the stationary chain gun.hachiman128

It's in the dark, so no, you didn't.

Anyway, when I did it alone, I shot him with a torque bow while the Kryll were around and used a sniper when the Kryll left. Killed him eventually.

actually its dark all around it but right on the turret i tried it as a desperation atempt. (didnt work though) but anyways i did it with a friend i had longshot and shotgun he had lancer and torque bow. he went down eventually just torque him when the shield is on him focus on headshots and then when he gets close run away. also when he is right in front of your block you are hiding against pummel him with the blind fire shotgun works wonders! and that was also on insane.Ā 

Xx_Azure_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xx_Azure_xX
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

He is nearly impossible on Insane by yourself, so me and my friend decided to play..Ā  We freakin' killed the hell out of him.

It was crazy as hell.. but if you just stay in the light and stay away from RAAM It'll be fairly easy.Ā 

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
if your playing online co-op. one person needs to get the torque and one person needs ot get the sniper. have the torque guy either throw a grenades to scare away the kirll that shield RAAM or shoot him with the T-bow to scare away the krill. after the krill are flying off of him active reload snipe him in the head over and over, then the other guy with the T-bow should keep firing away at him. when the kryll come back over his body..care them off again with a grenade or torque bow and keep repeating that process until he dies.
ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts

He is nearly impossible on Insane by yourself, so me and my friend decided to play..Ā  We freakin' killed the hell out of him.

It was crazy as hell.. but if you just stay in the light and stay away from RAAM It'll be fairly easy.Ā 

Xx_Azure_xX

its not even close to impossible on insane by yourself....I beat it on insane by myself and I'm not even that good at it....

sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
[QUOTE="Xx_Azure_xX"]

ipath4life

its not even close to impossible on insane by yourself....I beat it on insane by myself and I'm not even that good at it....

obviously you are good
captainoctopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 captainoctopus
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
thkz for all the replies
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mother_farter

thkz for all the repliescaptainoctopus

no problem, glad to helpĀ 

MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#17 MorkkiTH
Member since 2005 • 828 Posts
Killing RAAM at the easiest level is piece of cake, but at the Insane level killing RAAM is much much harder.
danciu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 danciu
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
longshot+headshot+run
sarahalderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sarahalderson
Member since 2002 • 194 Posts
I still can't beat that mofo.Ā  I've become fed up and haven't touched the game in months because of that.
goku234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 goku234
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts

Well I beat it by my on my friends hate gears and so the easiest way to beat him i s to Grab a Sniper and 4 G. And the Torque bow

when his close throw your 1 Grenade the kryll will go off then shoot active reloed on his head the faster you can then when you run out of grenades repeting the process (G) use your pistol with active reloadto take the kryll then use Torque with actie reloed (Work on Insane

Ā 

I accept eery friend:gAMERCARD ManagedCornĀ 

ipath4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ipath4life
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts
[QUOTE="ipath4life"][QUOTE="Xx_Azure_xX"]

sonofabear17

obviously you are good

really, I get my ass kicked alot online, but that might just be because online is played so much differently from the single player....inĀ my opinion, the mp killed the game, it took the focus off stop and pop shooting and more on run and gun....

Magespell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Magespell
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts

There's a tiny glitch you could use to your advantage if you can't do it any other way...

There is a box that you can run up to and croutch behind. The glitch is that RAAM won't walk around the box and just stand there. He can still shoot you if you poke your head up, but if you time everything right, he'll be dead within a few minutes. I think you can go onto YouTube to see how people have done it.

whosgotthe311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 whosgotthe311
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts

[QUOTE="whosgotthe311"]I ran down to the end and got the stationary chain gun.hachiman128

Ā It's in the dark, so no, you didn't.

Anyway, when I did it alone, I shot him with a torque bow while the Kryll were around and used a sniper when the Kryll left. Killed him eventually.Ā 

Pretty sure you werent there when I did it. It might have been on easy mode but who cares, I made it happen.

Brandon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Brandon_
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts

I hit him 3 times with a sniper rifle in the head. As he advanced on me I unloaded all my machine gun bullets into his face. When he got to the other side of the barrier I hit him with the shotgun to the head 5 times and he went down.

madman5222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 madman5222
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts

I hit him 3 times with a sniper rifle in the head. As he advanced on me I unloaded all my machine gun bullets into his face. When he got to the other side of the barrier I hit him with the shotgun to the head 5 times and he went down.

Brandon_

How did you have 3 main weapons at a time?

Ā 

Take the sniper rifle (longshot) use grenades and wait for the krill to get away from him, then unload head-shots (he moves slow so it should be easy). Once he gets close jump the barricade and rodie run to the other end trying to stay in the light (don't get on the trokies the krill will get you). repeat the process till be dies. then try to kill him on insane. (takes a LONG time)

KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
did any one else find this harder on hardcore then insane?
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
I used the torque bow to get the bats off of him then just shoot him with anything, I used the chain gun. Takes a while but it works.
madman5222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 madman5222
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts

did any one else find this harder on hardcore then insane? KoRn_Eddy_88

Ā I never played hardcore only easy and insane. Its a Little harder because he had an extra 1,500 HP and the reavers who start harassing you have harder-hitting weapons. Well thats ram only,

it would be significantly harder. (trust me) If a drone gets a full 8 round burst off at close range your dead (if 8 out of 8 rounds hit) and they have an extra 150HP. The Ai is more aggressive (comparing easy to insane) often charging and jumps right over your barricades. All they need to do is hit you with anything and i mean ANYTHING, then jump your cover and melee you and your dead.

every weapon hits harder. locust are smarter often more then one charging you at a time (grenadiers mainly), Theron guards are a LOT smarter. and in act 2 some of then can actually run across a good amount of unlit-space getting hit by the krill and still melee you. Theron guards take about 4-6 shots with the shotgun (up-close) and 1 melee hit is deadly. They use the chainsaw faster then your Allys can meaning if an ally gets up close for melee they don't stand a chance.

Avatar image for N00bOfAllTrades
N00bOfAllTrades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 N00bOfAllTrades
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
Two torque bows can't be beaten.
kickickickick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kickickickick
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I've beat him with the turret also. so, way to be presumptuous, mean, and wrong.Ā 
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mother_farter
lol people are still posting in this thread? im pretty sure he's probably beat the boss by now
mrxb0x360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrxb0x360
Member since 2005 • 5253 Posts

this may sound a very noobish question but how do u beat Raam.

I've tried everything, but he just advances and owns me

Help would be appreciated

thanks for reading, MattĀ 

captainoctopus

Find freind, play co-op, own general raam.

valiotov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 valiotov
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

It's much than you think actualy.EspeciallyĀ  in Co-Op Mode.Marcus and Dom have to take Torquebow and Sniper rifle, and the hole fight shoudnt be long than 30 sec.Avcourse in single player on insane difficulty is not so easy to beat this him.The tactic is preety much the same, but then you have a choice of changing your weapons.I preffer Torquebow and Chainsaw lancer.Now you have to give him a hot ride until hi come near you, and then you have to run verry fast to the identycal rock behind RAAM.But watch out for the Krill.And you if got lucky, you might have a chance to beat him in your first load! :)

For aditional information go www.youtube.com