how many people need to report my gamertag for it to change?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jack_michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jack_michael
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts
ive had a few friends ask me to complain about their gamertag so they are allowed to change it free of charge. how many people do you need to report you in order for it to work?
Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts

So you are gonna go this far for just a name?

I dont even know if this will work

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
a lot
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
The name has to look bad it can't just be "Joe1212"
Dead_Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dead_Prophecy
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
How are we supposed to know? We are not Xbox Live moderators.
equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
if enoug ppl complain you get a mssg saying to change it it doesnt matter what it looks like my friend did it
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
Just one. Each complaint is looked at by a human being. If they deem the complaint valid they'll make you change your name. If they don't think it needs to be changed I don't think 1,000 complaints against it would do any good. I could be wrong though.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts
exactly. if your name is safe like "mr kittens" i doubt they will force you to change your name. however, someone that had the name "kittennipples" had to chang there name, lol
cheetfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cheetfreak
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts
Or how about you guys stop being cheap and you forkout the 800 MS points. Seriously its not alot of money.
druchebag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 druchebag
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Not true. First gamertag I had for over 3 years: Druchebag. Not offensive (even all Xbox live employees/agents/moderators agreed). Changed it a couple more times forcibly. Oh No Dru Didnt. Not offensive. Now I'm stuck with Alright Lets Go, because that's the mindframe I was stuck in. I would just make people report me for a free forced change, but I'm wondering how many forced changes until you get entirely banned.
druchebag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 druchebag
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
You'd like to think with all the money they make that they would have someone for every department. But that's simply not the case. Gamertag bans are just a number of complaints in a short amount of time. Unfortunately it's just an automated service, and is irreversible.
Trixta92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Trixta92
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
lol the amount of time you spend asking people to file a complaint against it, it would make more sense going and earing the money, walk down to you local gameshop, and buying the 800msp to chang it :lol: also you could get banned maybe ... just buy the points lol
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

[QUOTE="cheetfreak"]Or how about you guys stop being cheap and you forkout the 800 MS points. Seriously its not alot of money.RavageGT

lol spoiled brat

how about honest consumer... or "not a thief"? Those seem like more apt titles then yours...
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

[QUOTE="cheetfreak"]Or how about you guys stop being cheap and you forkout the 800 MS points. Seriously its not alot of money.RavageGT

lol spoiled brat

If you own a system that costs $200+ and pay $50 a year for gold, $10 isn't a lot of money. Whether or not it is worth it is something else.
Th3-UnS33n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Th3-UnS33n
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts
You realize that 90% of the time instead of making you change it they just ban you right?
sylvanmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sylvanmartin
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
help get this guy banned on xboxlive he is stocking me calling me name's and others and he is cheating a lot. gamer tag iNWOi INFERNO80 his name is Shelton Davis
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

Or how about you guys stop being cheap and you forkout the 800 MS points. Seriously its not alot of money.cheetfreak

I beg to differ, $10 for a for simply the name that every time you change a name. I have friends whoo have litlerally changed their name over 10 times (over $100) . I could understand paying $5 ONE TIME, But these people who constantly change it. Why not take that money and do somthing good with it. If your chnaging yur name for a clan, dont. Almost every game out there has clan tags now. use those and dontate that $10 to feed 25 people in africa. When i started my xbl account I came up with a name that i liked. Ive had that name for about 4 years now.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

it takes 0 thats right, one more time? 0. Why do i know this? because there is a name changer on the dash. BUT get ready make microsoft richer. In a way it's good think. People isn't changeing their name every 5 mins.

i have changed my name once and thats the last. way back on first xbox i had joe vs you, but i lost pass and email to the GT. so i had to use numbers for o's. BUT once microsoft came out and said they was deleteing all the old gts that havn't been active. i jumped right in and got my old name back.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="cheetfreak"]Or how about you guys stop being cheap and you forkout the 800 MS points. Seriously its not alot of money.scouttrooperbob

I beg to differ, $10 for a for simply the name that every time you change a name. I have friends whoo have litlerally changed their name over 10 times (over $100) . I could understand paying $5 ONE TIME, But these people who constantly change it. Why not take that money and do somthing good with it. If your chnaging yur name for a clan, dont. Almost every game out there has clan tags now. use those and dontate that $10 to feed 25 people in africa. When i started my xbl account I came up with a name that i liked. Ive had that name for about 4 years now.

Why play video games? It's an expensive hobby. You could use the money to do something useful.

Why? If they want to spend $XXX to change their gamertag, then that's their choice.

On a practical level, trying to get a name reported so they can change it? Really? Might as well just spend the 800 points instead of expending the time and effort for something that might not happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

help get this guy banned on xboxlive he is stocking me calling me name's and others and he is cheating a lot. gamer tag iNWOi INFERNO80 his name is Shelton Davissylvanmartin

Extremely bad trolling attempt.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="sylvanmartin"]help get this guy banned on xboxlive he is stocking me calling me name's and others and he is cheating a lot. gamer tag iNWOi INFERNO80 his name is Shelton Davis_TheJoker_

Fixed your post

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scouttrooperbob

[QUOTE="scouttrooperbob"]

[QUOTE="cheetfreak"]Or how about you guys stop being cheap and you forkout the 800 MS points. Seriously its not alot of money.VoodooHak

Why play video games? It's an expensive hobby. You could use the money to do something useful.

Why? If they want to spend $XXX to change their gamertag, then that's their choice.

On a practical level, trying to get a name reported so they can change it? Really? Might as well just spend the 800 points instead of expending the time and effort for something that might not happen.

lol Ive been waiting for someone to post on my exream post. I have a job, I dont really give a care what other people do about their money. They earn it somehow they can do what ever the hell they want. IMO I do find changing gamertags constantly is a waste of money, but i am a cheap a$$. I pulled in the feeding of people in africa just to be a jerk by the way.

On another note, I find video games to be a vary affordable hobby compare to others. I do a few other activities, such as archery and cycling, but i cant really go too far without thealot of cash. So as a cheap ass, video game fits my personality... :P

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 scouttrooperbob

[QUOTE="_TheJoker_"]

[QUOTE="sylvanmartin"]help get this guy banned on xboxlive he is stocking me calling me name's and others and he is cheating a lot. gamer tag iNWOi INFERNO80 his name is Shelton Davisk2theswiss

Fixed your post

didnt even see this guys troll post untill you put this giant picture here.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

[QUOTE="_TheJoker_"]

scouttrooperbob

Fixed your post

didnt even see this guys troll post untill you put this giant picture here.

Ahh the power of "troll be gone!". It gets every one looking to help fight.