how do i use an mp3 player with my xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TarzanTheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TarzanTheMan
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts
it doesn't seem to work. i hook my mp3 player up (it's a crappy best buy one that i got for like $80) and my xbox plays around the first ~6 seconds of any given song, then switches to the next. all my friends have had this problem (except one with a zune), so it's not just me. i haven't read anything from microsoft on it so i'm a little bit confused. anyone know how to fix this problem?
TarzanTheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TarzanTheMan
sorry to bump but it fell off the first page.
Dune571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dune571
Member since 2004 • 448 Posts
it worked well way back with my ipod video, but now with the ipod touch it doesn't work. bummer to I want to rock out to Turok. You need to dl an optional ipod support kit from live. Forgot where.
Polarskill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Polarskill
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts
not sure, but u can burn the songs off your computer onto a CD and then burn it on ur Xbox 360
shortys1803

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shortys1803
Member since 2003 • 36 Posts
I think i remember reading somewhere that it wasnt campitable with all mp3 players i had a sandisk and it never played a song then i got a nano the slim one before this new crappy small nano video came out and it works great you should have saved and and extra 120 bucks and got a ipod
TarzanTheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TarzanTheMan

not sure, but u can burn the songs off your computer onto a CD and then burn it on ur Xbox 360Polarskill

i want to listen to music while i'm playing games.

I think i remember reading somewhere that it wasnt campitable with all mp3 players i had a sandisk and it never played a song then i got a nano the slim one before this new crappy small nano video came out and it works great you should have saved and and extra 120 bucks and got a ipodshortys1803

microsoft says it's compatible with all mp3 players and i would rather not get an ipod.

processedkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 processedkill
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

[QUOTE="Polarskill"]not sure, but u can burn the songs off your computer onto a CD and then burn it on ur Xbox 360TarzanTheMan

I think i remember reading somewhere that it wasnt campitable with all mp3 players i had a sandisk and it never played a song then i got a nano the slim one before this new crappy small nano video came out and it works great you should have saved and and extra 120 bucks and got a ipodshortys1803

microsoft says it's compatible with all mp3 players and i would rather not get an ipod.

You can... when you put a music CD in your XBox, it asks you if you want to copy the music to your hard drive, then you play it from there.

And have you thought that it could be the music format? What is the format of the music that isn't working?

TarzanTheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TarzanTheMan
[QUOTE="TarzanTheMan"]

[QUOTE="Polarskill"]not sure, but u can burn the songs off your computer onto a CD and then burn it on ur Xbox 360processedkill

You can... when you put a music CD in your XBox, it asks you if you want to copy the music to your hard drive, then you play it from there.

And have you thought that it could be the music format? What is the format of the music that isn't working?

thanks for the cd advice!

they're mp3 format, by the way. that doesn't really matter now though.