have you guys tried Outrun on XBLA?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

racastro65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 racastro65
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts

I downloaded the demo and felt good to play it again after all those hours at the arcade in the 90's...

What do you guys think about it?

Aurey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Aurey
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts

Nope. I love the game but I'm still not sure if I'll buy it, I already have Outrun 2 and Outrun 2006 for the original Xbox. Is the XBLA version any different? Does it offer any extras not seen in the previous versions?

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
its a retro hd remake of the old classic arcade game with new cars and game modes. so gameplay is similar to the arcade than last xbox games. try the demo
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#4 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I played the trial, I thought it was pretty fun. The controls weren't ultra realistic so it's actually playable for the average gamer. It had a nice old school feel to it. I liked the music.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Oldschool gameplay with updated visuals. I think it's pretty cool and like what Sega's done with it. I wouldn't pay $10 for it, though.
Avatar image for deactivated-58534dd71e87f
deactivated-58534dd71e87f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-58534dd71e87f
Member since 2006 • 972 Posts

Yeah, I bought it. Its a pretty funny game, nice with some smooth driving without the constant crashes (just played Burnout) sometimes. I'd say its worth it.

Aurey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Aurey

Couldn't resist the urge to buy it. It's the same Outrun 2006 I played on the original Xbox, unfortunately it only includes the 15 courses of the Outrun 2SP arcade version, the other 15 courses of Outrun 2 are not in the game (which is a shame, since most of them were quite nice). It's strange, even the PSP version has all the 30 stages.

The weirdest thing is that Outrun 2 looks a bit better, and please don't go thinking I'm nuts, I actually put my Outrun 2 disc on the 360 and played through it three times. Maybe the guys at SEGA and Sumo had to cut some effects and stuff in order to make the game size smaller than 350 MB, don't know.

In any case,Outrun 2006 for any of the platforms it was released (Xbox, PS2, PSP and PC) there will be nothing new for you in this XBLA version of Outrun, but stll is a wonderful and fun game.

Aurey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Aurey

You mean you ran out of time? It's just a matter of practice, but it is a difficult game, especially if you decide to take the Hard Route or if youre playing the 15 stage time trial. A good way to hone your skills is to play the heart attack mode.

cockneyscouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cockneyscouse
Member since 2007 • 732 Posts

Nope. I love the game but I'm still not sure if I'll buy it, I already have Outrun 2 and Outrun 2006 for the original Xbox. Is the XBLA version any different? Does it offer any extras not seen in the previous versions?

Aurey
cockneyscouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cockneyscouse
Member since 2007 • 732 Posts

Aurey

No it doesn't, but it's great fun, best 800 points I have spent I think :)

i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
I am just playing the demo outrun mode. I was driving on gear6 automatic almost all the way. Out of time on stage2 62%. This doesn't make sense. Also you said the game is only half of Outrun2, arggg, feels like getting ripped off.magicalclick
You know that the demo states that you don't get the time extensions like you do in the full version, right? So of course you always run out of time... that's kind of the point.
SlykReviewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 SlykReviewin
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts

No. Is it a cool game? I don't feel like putting my ethernet cable into the XBOX in the other room right now.

sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

I downloaded the demo and felt good to play it again after all those hours at the arcade in the 90's...

What do you guys think about it?

racastro65

Yep played the demo and it's Great,but realised i need a lot of practice in my driving games!

impl0sion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 impl0sion
Member since 2006 • 851 Posts
Not afan of the outrun series, i prefer ridge racer. I haven't played either on the 360 but on other consoles.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
I love it! Playing it right now! Well not right now RIGHT now. The graphics are awesome, but they were still awesome back on the XBOX. Worth the 800 IMO.
DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

I used to love OutRun on the old arcade machines with the steering wheel and peddles! :) - This game is okay, but nothing compared to the old OutRun!