Halo: the greatest video game franchise of all time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dan_Pandolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dan_Pandolph
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts

And a new chapter in the saga has just been released today. I'm very giddy...

maniac-2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 maniac-2k7
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

Wait, there's a new Halo out today? Thank god you made this thread then, I hadn't noticed from the millions of tv ads, all the reviews on the internet and, of course, all of the threads in here today.

Dan_Pandolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dan_Pandolph
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts

Yes but I don't think people are giving the franchise as a whole enough credit for what it did to revolutionize gaming...

Sboud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sboud
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

Wait, there's a new Halo out today? Thank god you made this thread then, I hadn't noticed from the millions of tv ads, all the reviews on the internet and, of course, all of the threads in here today.

maniac-2k7
What's Halo, I've been to entertained with the amazing franchises that have been dominating the PC since the early 90's to even think it possible for consoles to have a franchise worth buying.
agentdandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 agentdandb
Member since 2006 • 5891 Posts

And a new chapter in the saga has just been released today. I'm very giddy...

Dan_Pandolph
You should add in your thread title, 'Halo: The greatest video game franchise of all time IMO!' I personally think it's overrated. But I love the games.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Never been a fan of Halo, but i think it is naive to call it greatest of all time. You know, for the XBOX community, HALO has the biggest impact i believe and it is the arguably the most popular or defining series in the XBOX's history.

beau_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 beau_x
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

"Halo: the greatest video game franchise of all time"

I wouldn't go that far. I think Mario has Halo beat by leaps and bounds.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

Calling it the greatest video game franchise is a bit of a stretch. Maybe the best online console shooter franchise...

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#9 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Calling it the greatest video game franchise is a bit of a stretch. Maybe the best online console shooter franchise...

bessy67

Man, i was about to disagree with you about the part where it says "the best online shooter franchise" but then i saw the "console" part and i completely agreed with you.:)

I was going to start yapping about Quake and Counter Strike and all other online shooter franchises.;)

killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

ya i think its overrated a little bit. but halo reach broke all the records and it deserves to be one of the best games

Sboud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sboud
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

ya i think its overrated a little bit. but halo reach broke all the records and it deserves to be one of the best games

killev
What records? I can't find anything yet that Reach has done that. I know that they have predicted that it will, and I wouldn't be surprised seeing as Halo 3 holds most current sales records, but as of yet I can't find anything saying it has. If you have a source please link cause I have been looking all day.
FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts

yeah i wouldnt go as far to say its the greatest, its very good and has done alot for the industy. but i personally believe that Final Fantasy is the greatest... but that is my opinion and I would never expect anyone to agree haha.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Greatest franchise of all time? No way. It's arguably the best thing to happen for Xbox, but not for the gaming industry as a whole.
SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

Yes but I don't think people are giving the franchise as a whole enough credit for what it did to revolutionize gaming...

Dan_Pandolph

i have to agree . I mean if it wasnt for halo FPS wouldnt be the Same when Halo 1 came out FPS on console was Rare especially a good one . We only Had Golden eye pretty much . Halo Upped the Bar For future shooters like COD and Battlefield to Leave PC and Try Console Gaming . Halo Reach is amazing You get so much for your buck .Congrats Bungie thank you for 10 years of Awesome .

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

[QUOTE="killev"]

Sboud

What records? I can't find anything yet that Reach has done that. I know that they have predicted that it will, and I wouldn't be surprised seeing as Halo 3 holds most current sales records, but as of yet I can't find anything saying it has. If you have a source please link cause I have been looking all day.

It has the most pre-orders of any single game (COD MW2 had more if you count 360 and PS3 together, but Reach surpassed the 360 version of MW2)

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Halo, the greatest video game franchise of all timeDan_Pandolph
No
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

Yea, I play Halo and other games too just think Halo is a good franchise. (Answer This: Will Halo be popular in the next 10 20 years? People are bound to forget it.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I like the Halo games, but I would not say that it is the best or greatest video game franchise of all time.

There are many other game series that are way better than Halo, like the Half-Life series and Mass Effect series and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series on pc and many others.

This is just my opinion of course.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

Yea, I play Halo and other games too just think Halo is a good franchise. (Answer This: Will Halo be popular in the next 10 20 years? People are bound to forget it.

MazehcS0ul

People Didnt Forget Mario and Halo Has a Massive Community as long as they Keep giving us Editing Tools like forge it will keep players i mean thats what really Drives halo in the End is its Multiplayer and its Customization to edit and Make cool new maps . make the game have more Longevity .

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

I dunno about the greatest video game franchise, but certainly one of the most influential.

MystikRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MystikRex
Member since 2010 • 324 Posts
The most overrated more like. That is my opinion of course so don't cut my testicles off for typing that...
icedout06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 icedout06
Member since 2003 • 305 Posts
halo 1 was awsome, halo 2 i enjoyed, 3 i barely played... imo rainbow six and ghost recon are better halo just been getting old to me when i get on its just people flying around in the air lobbing grenades, getting old tbh, i have more fun playing cnc renegade
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

[QUOTE="Dan_Pandolph"]Halo, the greatest video game franchise of all timeBlack_Knight_00
No

Agreed.

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

Did someone seriously claim that the Halo franchise doesn't get enough credit? I see these forums are still full of ignorant 13 year old fanboys. Maybe I'll check back in another few months.

nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts
Halo hasnt been around long enough to be considered the greatest franchise, its only been around for one generation of gamers, if its still popular in 10yrs then these claims could be made. But when you look at franchises like mario, sonic and FF, Halo doesnt compete.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

your entitled to what you think is the best franchise to you TC...no arguments here

spirit_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 spirit_777
Member since 2010 • 116 Posts

iv'e enjoyed halo since the first game was released and I must say the latest offering is the best one yet. Also I think the multiplayer is more engaging than even before. I dont think I'd call halo the best game of all time there a lot of games out there.

domajsxund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 domajsxund
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
If there is truth that there is honour among thieves, and also that many hands make light work, then why is there no Thieves' RS Guild? An 'entrepreneur' by the name of Darren Light finger had this very thought, and is now recruiting guild members to help him build a splendid subterranean guildhall. To this end he is tasking rogue adventurers with 'rescuing ' a valuable 'artifact' in our latest quest, Buyers and Cellars. Such a novice caper will be the perfect start to a long and illustrious career as a thief, but it's only the beginning of Darren's ambitions for his Thieves' RS Guild. Following on from the quest, he has a series of other capers planned to test the abilities of thieving community, each of which increases in complexity and requirements. As you complete these Thieves' Guild capers you will, of course, receive suitable rewards in the form of loot and XP, plus you'll also be contributing to the advancement of the guild, unlocking further facilities and opportunities for training Thieving.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
^beyond confused...
kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts

[QUOTE="killev"]

Sboud

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/15/halo-reach-grabs-200-million-day-one/ Halo 3 got $170 million

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i love halo series one of the best series ever maker
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points