Halo Reach Betrayal Boot System

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

The boot system is terrible. I was just on BTB snipers and someone walked in front of me (point blank) right as I fired at an enemy and he got killed.

Insta-booted. One betrayal and I get instantly booted.

I had this happen when I fired a tank at an enemy, granted, I probably should have waited because I had a teammate nearby and they got killed, but I got booted for that one betrayal.

It's rare I get betrayals because I shy away from explosives in team matches (for the TK reason), but it is ridiculous you get booted after one accidental TK.

Is the booting automatic or do the "victims" decide if to boot you? Either way the system needs tweaking. It needs to be 2 or 3 betrayals before getting booted, you know, like MANY PC games. This should be a standard in gaming by now, jeez.

/rant :(

Snavles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Snavles
Member since 2010 • 122 Posts

I've been killed by teamates a few times in firefight and it straight away gives you the option to forgive or boot. I haven't booted anyone yet as I knew it was accidental but It seems a bit harsh to be able to boot someone after one team kill. There's a few things in online multiplayer where I'm like "who's the dickhead that came up with this idea?"

LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
aw man thats not fair, its totally his fault for jumping in your way, i've had that happen a couple times now too
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

i got bored in a game, so i killed my teammate. insta-booted 8)

damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts

Team mates kill me plenty and i never boot them because its always clearly an accident but as soon as i kill someone once they boot me instantly.This happened twice in a row recently and then it put me on a 15 minute matchmaking probation saying i quit too many games...hopefully this gets tweaked so its after like 2 kills.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
I don't know how it goes in Matchmaking, but I know you get the option to boot a betrayer in Custom Games.
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

The boot system is terrible. I was just on BTB snipers and someone walked in front of me (point blank) right as I fired at an enemy and he got killed.

Insta-booted.

cametall
This exact thing happened to me the other day but I was lucky enough not to get booted, I guess because he realised his mistake. The betrayed player gets to choose whether they boot you. I've been really lucky as I have had these kind of things happen to me but have never been booted. Some people are either jerks or can't tell the difference between a genuine team-kill and a mistake. Or both.
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

I thought there was an option to boot or forgive...?

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cametall

Zophar87
Seems no one is of the forgiving type online.
nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts
i got a few accidental TK's yesterday, but i use a mic so i just said "oh sh*t my bad"...never been booted.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

I'll never boot unless it happens a bunch of times, like 3 or so by the same person. Then it's kinda like okay this guy/girl is doing it on purpose. I agree allowing it on one single kill is unfair.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Zophar87
There is an option to boot or forgive, but I haven't had one person forgive me yet. 0/2 :P
Delta055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Delta055
Member since 2003 • 1024 Posts

Yeah it's kinda wrong that it gives the option after one betrayal, they should increase it to two or three imo, because like you said, alot of the time it's accidental.

ImprovedMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ImprovedMind
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts

I encountered this issue a few times. I never choose the option to boot someone unless I am 100% sure that it was intentional. I just hate it when it happens in the middle of a big battle and then I am kicked which puts out team at a major disadvantage. It needs to be 2 or 3 betrayals before the option to kick is granted.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

Insta-booted. One betrayal and I get instantly booted.

I had this happen when I fired a tank at an enemy, granted, I probably should have waited because I had a teammate nearby and they got killed, but I got booted for that one betrayal.

It's rare I get betrayals because I shy away from explosives in team matches (for the TK reason), but it is ridiculous you get booted after one accidental TK.

Is the booting automatic or do the "victims" decide if to boot you? Either way the system needs tweaking. It needs to be 2 or 3 betrayals before getting booted, you know, like MANY PC games. This should be a standard in gaming by now, jeez.

/rant :(

cametall

Happens to me sometimes as well. You get idiots in the game that walk in front of people that have guns... I hope those people really dont go hunting in real life or dick cheney would have a field day. Another good one is when you throw a grenade with no one around and after you throw it someone runs in and blows themself up. The game counts it as betrayal i count it as idiot team mates.

The way I see it they just screw themselves over because then it is 4vs3. The booting isn't automatic they have to choose to boot you most the time i dont get a betrayal but i play quite a bit so it is bound to happen. If I hear it say i betrayed someone i instantly say sorry total accident most the time people are cool with it but sometimes you get the rejects...

1500 POSTS WOOOOOOT!

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

I forgive about 99% of the time, unless I know it's intentional. Remember, you're playing with a bunch of whiny kids.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

It's funny cause the one time I was booted it was clearly an accident (tank shot). I've forgiven at least 5 or 6 times though. It would have to be habitual for a boot.

Zeus89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zeus89x
Member since 2010 • 127 Posts

I agree. My teammate spawned in front of my as soon as I went to shoot and I killed him, then he betrayed me.

It's not really the systems' fault, it's the terrible fkn community. I love Halo, don't get me wrong, but I hate this community more than anything. It's the worst community by far.

It's not that hard to tell if someone betrayed you by accident, what's the point of booting him? Nothing is gained or lost for both sides. The guy getting booting doesn't lose his credits and the guy who did the booting doesn't gain anything. If anything, he's just going to die more due to being down a man thus lowering his perfomance credits at the end of the game.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#19 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Bungie's said they'll be fixing it in their matchmaking update in October. Till then try and not shoot your buddies. Personally I haven't actually had this problem myself, but after many years of Halo playing I'm probably less prone to accidentally shooting team mates than those who frequent other shooters more often.
tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

ive been team killed a couple of times, afew on purpose but i always forgive, its just a game after all. i must just have a team killable face :P

guitarshr3dd3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 guitarshr3dd3r
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts
best fix:turn off friendly fire (Bungie's behalf) lol
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I forgive about 99% of the time, unless I know it's intentional. Remember, you're playing with a bunch of whiny kids.

Zophar87
I have forgiven 100% of the time. Not exaggerating. I'm not there to ruin people's fun especially if it was all accidental. Sometimes, I would walk into someone's precision shot (DMR or Sniper Rifle). Today, I was battling two Elites in Invasion by myself until a teammate ran behind to try and help me but melee'ed me instead. I did manage to get them both them which was a rare moment for me. Btw, I love assassinations. Not on me LOL, but I love giving them out. :P
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

It does seem a bit strict doesnt it but after halo 3 where so many times ive entered a team match only to find idiot kids on my own team shooting at me I can understand exactly why it is now so strict. The problem is that some people dont think about what may have happened and certainly dont turn on their mics and ask...

for example I was in a close quarters gun fight with a player, one from my team spotted the other teams member from the other side of the map and promptly aimmed his scorpions main gun at him not noticing that I was fighting him practically point blank because I was obscured by the wall next to me. I just happen to walk out from behind it as he fires and BOOM the shell scores a direct hit on me...I got the option to kick...i asked what he was playing at...he explained...problem sorted

More people need to ask and stop just kicking players

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I was playing Reach with my friend on Live today, and he was telling me how the same thing happened to him. I also think it should be after 3-4 times. I wouldn't boot someone if i knew it was a mistake, but there are always some idiots out there ruining the experience for others.

charleswbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 charleswbrown
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

I've been killed by teamates a few times in firefight and it straight away gives you the option to forgive or boot. I haven't booted anyone yet as I knew it was accidental but It seems a bit harsh to be able to boot someone after one team kill. There's a few things in online multiplayer where I'm like "who's the dickhead that came up with this idea?"

Snavles

It should definitely be after 2 or more kills by the same person, not after one kill. And more than often the person who killed you or who you killed is cool about it... just say sorry. No need to boot. Halo Matchmaking is slow enough... I don't need to re-matchmake.. that'd piss me off something rotten!

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="Snavles"]

charleswbrown

It should definitely be after 2 or more kills by the same person, not after one kill. And more than often the person who killed you or who you killed is cool about it... just say sorry. No need to boot. Halo Matchmaking is slow enough... I don't need to re-matchmake.. that'd piss me off something rotten!

yeah id say the optimal number for booting is 2. Because its often a mistake but there's always those sick puppies that do it on purpose and if you give them 3 or 4 that's enough to hand the other team the victory.

charleswbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 charleswbrown
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

[QUOTE="charleswbrown"]

[QUOTE="Snavles"]

Gen007

yeah id say the optimal number for booting is 2. Because its often a mistake but there's always those sick puppies that do it on purpose and if you give them 3 or 4 that's enough to hand the other team the victory.

yeah, you're right... I suppose there should be intra-team invincibility a' la' Call of Duty... you can only kill your team mates on Hardcore mode... maybe there should be something like that in Halo.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

it needs to be a 2-strike or 3-strike system for the boot option to come up.

1-strike is bogus, you're not doing any damage to your team, but there's that kid who just kicks you for the laugh.

jarvis008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 jarvis008
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts

I've not been kicked myself and I've always forgiven people when I've been given the choice becasuse they've all been accidents. I agree the system needs tweaking though to make it 2 or 3 TKs before being kicked. I was playing Team Slayer the other day, we were winning and then one guy punished another guy on my team for an accidental team kill, we went down to 3 players and then lost the match.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

I think there are a lot of occasions where the person reacts to being killedand boots you before they realize what they did. The boot screen pops up so fast. In the BETA it counts towards your quit meter because I ended up getting suspended. It needs to be fixed like Halo 3

kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts
I agree, its bs when its accidental. Especially bc im usually keeping the team up.
ImprovedMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ImprovedMind
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts

I have still yet to run into someone who is betraying people intentionally, thus I haven't kicked anyone. I especially hate when I throw a grenade and then someone with sprint just runs right over it, and then kicks me. Fix this now Bungie.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

I have still yet to run into someone who is betraying people intentionally, thus I haven't kicked anyone. I especially hate when I throw a grenade and then someone with sprint just runs right over it, and then kicks me. Fix this now Bungie.

ImprovedMind
This is the main problem. I throw a grenade at 3 guys then a teammate decides he should rush them look like an idiot and die. I get 2 kills & booted because of his idiocy. Its not right. there needs to be a tally of 3 betrayls i would say before players have the option to boot. my other issue is if your goona allow booting then people need to able to join games in progress. sometimes matches turn in 2 vs 4 or 6 vs 4 ect... and there is just no way to compete
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cametall
[QUOTE="ImprovedMind"]

Zemus
This is the main problem. I throw a grenade at 3 guys then a teammate decides he should rush them look like an idiot and die. I get 2 kills & booted because of his idiocy. Its not right. there needs to be a tally of 3 betrayls i would say before players have the option to boot. my other issue is if your goona allow booting then people need to able to join games in progress. sometimes matches turn in 2 vs 4 or 6 vs 4 ect... and there is just no way to compete

I had a match of 8 v 2 once. I don't know if it was because of booting or just because the other team was losing and they decided to all drop besides the one split-screen person. Once again PC games (and even some console games I believe) are light years ahead of Halo with a team-evening system. Halo should automatically move a player or two (or more) to the other team to even it out. Or as you said allow players to join games in progress.
Fiotwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Fiotwo
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts
i just get pissed when I get put on probation after I quit two games because I am left with a 1v4 and a 2v4....my teammates leave...why do i have to stay there and get destroyed by 4 people for 10 minutes....why can't I leave without penalty?
Lauqhter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lauqhter
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
So easy to betray someone on accident in mult.....imagine what would happen in a RPG only game
wired4stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wired4stuff
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
i take a quick look at the scoreboard, and if the person who killed me isn't getting a lot of kills, they get the boot.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

it is nice to have the option, but the one time i wanted to boot someone the option never came up haha.

We were playing stock pile, and as i was collecting flags, a teammate would camp there and remove them all, so before the timer went down, he would drop em all back in and he killed me during the process.... it was the only time ive been pissed ..... people caring for their score that much that they ruin the game for others.....

But news has it that Bungie is reviewing the Booting mechanic... as it really does depend , on the persons mood while theyre playing.

I wish there was a Team Kill Cam, so I could see what really happened before making a decision :P

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
What I HATE is how you get betrayed 2 or 3 times but cant boot the player who did it to you or someone else on your team.
Stuffed_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Stuffed_Monkey
Member since 2007 • 1436 Posts

I wish they had a system that could detect whether your betrayal was done on purpose or on accident.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Already been booted 5 times. I always forgive my teammates. Seems like karma is not working over here. Anyways, I'm not a reckless player. My betrayals usually come from a teammate running into the person I sticked with a plasma.
luc11044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 luc11044
Member since 2004 • 4606 Posts

I'm hoping they fix this with a future update. It's ridiculous that after one team kill you could get booted.... One time, the system should let it slide...if it happens a second time in a match, they should give the option for the player to boot or forgive.

Stormuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stormuser
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts

I totally agree with this, The boot system is horrible! One accidental betrayal and some dick can just kick you out of the game, Now thats BS! Hopefully this will be solved by Bungie around October since everyone is saying they'll update/tweak the game on that month.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I've got booted in a fire fight match too. :?
stairway802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 stairway802
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I had the same thing happen except with a rocket launcher. It was so stupid because the same guy betrayed me eariler in the game and I let it go, but when I did it, he booted me. And what's worse is that we only needed 2 more kills to win the game and he acts stupid and takes away another gun for the team.

What I want to know is if the credits earned in the match still go to your overall credits. I got one of the daily challenges and I dont know if they counted the points. It still says that i completed it, but i dont know if the challenge points or commendation points are added. Anyone know?

SirKotake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SirKotake
Member since 2010 • 274 Posts

I was driving a scorpion, someteamate jumped on the tank and kept shooting me.I decided to ignore it and a few seconds laterI tried to shoot and enemy and apparently the teamate who was trying to kill me, was to close to the cannon and I ended up killing him and me. Got booted a second later. I screamed BUNGIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Immortal--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Immortal--
Member since 2010 • 1415 Posts
I haven't been booted yet even though I betrayed a total of 3-4 teammates. I usually don't boot unless the guy betraying me is doing it on purpose (I haven't booted anyone yet)
o0Pwnzorz0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 o0Pwnzorz0o
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts

Well, so far this glitched up (if that is the correct word/statement) boot system is working in my favor, I was in a game and this guy was talking trash to everyone in the lobby before the game, I muted him and went on with myself. We got in the game and I went up and grabbed the sniper, the guy comes up and starts shooting at me to get the sniper and while i tried to run away I died and immediately a box popped up saying do I want to put up with this losers crap or get him the heck out of this game, obviously I booted him right out of the game lol.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

cametall
Seems no one is of the forgiving type online.

so why are you blaming bungie for this when its obviously the other players fault?
Wiffle_Snuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Wiffle_Snuff
Member since 2010 • 1123 Posts
I hate this system, especially in firefight. More so when it's rocket arena! If you die from my rocket blast it is not because I aimed at you and thought, "omg I'll tk this guy so I can lose -300 points" It's because you ran into my shot or you're too close to the enemy! I always forgive. But one time I was in a match with 2 other people and it was Rocket Arena. I saw one guy fairly close to an elite and the second player fired a rocket. The first guy ran in close to melee the elite, and the rocket killed them both. Wait... game freezes. Player X was kicked connecting to new host. So we can now see the REAL jerk is the player who chose to kick. So I repay him the favor and run in front of his next rocket and kick him from the match. Karma! Eat it *****!