Halo is soo much better than gears. no question

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Theshottedoftwo
Theshottedoftwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Theshottedoftwo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

gears isnt that good. pretty graphics some ok play, thats it

halo is way better, 1, 2, and 3

halo has way better controls, maps, and items. gears doesnt take nearly as much skill as halo. halo as a wider variety and combinations of battle tatics, items to use, and moves to use. gears is very annoying and bad to play. gears is not well planned and does have anything extrordinary good about it. the weapons are bad, the reload thing is stupid, the a to take cover and run is annoying. in halo 3 so many factors go into playing, as where gears there may be some but nearly enough as halo. in halo al,most everything you and your opponent does effects the outcome of a battle. it takes skill weild some guns in halo. i think that halo is a perfectly balanced weapon damge ratio. all weapons even out in the end. the are way more varieties of games to play in halo. the campaign is much butter. the HUD is a ton better. graphics are btter than gears. controls are expertly designed and chose and easy. the online play is WAY better. the maps are soooo much better in the fact that they are so well designed, whether is weapon placement, barrier place, or where everything is the maps are so well planned.

gears is an extremely and unescesarily violent, poor quality game. whois with me

beachbob1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 beachbob1
Member since 2007 • 518 Posts

gears is an extremely and unescesarily violent, poor quality game. whois with me

BEACHBOB CHAINSAWS Theshottedoft in Half with his rad azz lancer then begins to eat his inards...

sportivoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 sportivoo
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts

well I will tell you which one is better >>>>> both of them is better :lol:

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

From someone who just got a 360 again and hadnt played gears or Halo since the first one....

I like gears better.. I havent played online on either one yet though, but the single player is more fun and intense than on Halo3. These are the only 2 games I had (although I picked up FFXI for the 360 today since I have played it for a few years I figured I might as well get the acheivements for it lol).

I think a lot of my situation is that I am not much into the FPS games.. Halo and Resistance are the only 2 I have ever played the single player and completed the game. I like the fact that Gears is a 3rd person shooter.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Different strokes for different folks.

I prefer Gears of War. I loved the single player of Gears, where as I only liked Halo's campaign. I don't care for either game too much online, but that's in large part to me enjoying a good single player experience more then online play.

polsci1503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 polsci1503
Member since 2003 • 3246 Posts
me like both
niwom510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 niwom510
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts
Halo 3 blows it out of the water. Gears had a weak storyline with a fun campaign. After awhile Multi-player became a joke w/ 8 yr olds glitching. Any game with no one glitching is basically a "who can no-aim shotgun you first" match.
MrNib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 MrNib
Member since 2004 • 1731 Posts

Halo 3>Gears

Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts
why do people keep making topics like this. nobody cares what u, or anyone else that makes a post like "gears is better than halo" or vice versa, thinks. these topics r stupid. u like halo better than gears, who cares, u dont have to make a thread to say that.
aching546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aching546
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts
i concur....halo is better. gears was supposed to be "the halo-killer." i don't think so. it was fun for a couple months, and then it just got really old. halo never gets old. halo weapons are much more creative, unlike gears with names like "long-shot" and "lancer." long-shot is such a generic name for a weapon and "lancer" was originally from ratchet and clank. gears should really be called "Glitches of War." there are so many glitches in this game it's not even funny. im sorry gears, but you suck. HALO OWNS
the_monkey_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 the_monkey_god
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
Halo 3 is better but it is close. Gears has way better graphics. Gears also has the coolist guns. (lancer) But halo 3 has a better single player campaign and I think it has a better multiplayer.Why? Well halo allows8 players on one teamrather than 4 it makes things a little more even. In Gears if one guy sucks at the game in multiplayer your team is doomed. And halo has more epic battles. While gears has a realy short (finish in 4 hours) battles.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
Gears is gorgeous, has an excellent cover system, has in-depth tactical play that is easy to pick up but hard to master, and has crazy good multiplayer replay value. Halo is great, and I do think it's a better game overall, but you can't say that Gears has absolutely nothing going for it.
beachbob1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 beachbob1

why do people keep making topics like this. nobody cares what u, or anyone else that makes a post like "gears is better than halo" or vice versa, thinks. these topics r stupid. u like halo better than gears, who cares, u dont have to make a thread to say that.Soul_to_Squeeze

If you think this thread is so stupid, don;t you think your post is even more useless and pathetic. You even wasted time to edit it. Ha ha wait,,,,guess that makes my post the most idiotic of all...Dam you dragged me down here with you....

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
I prefer Halo 3 as well, but Gears was still a great game...
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
TOB>halo3>gears
beachbob1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 beachbob1

BEACHBOBCurb StompsTheshottedoft's headwith his radboots then begins to eat his brains...

slyfox25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slyfox25
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
i own both but gears has awesome graphics and halo has really aweosme multiplayer
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
the orange box makes this topic irrelevant to me.
BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BlindEffekt
Member since 2007 • 897 Posts
i personally think gears has much better graphics then halo, but i dont care about that. so far iv had more fun with halo.
pjoasil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pjoasil
Member since 2004 • 188 Posts

I think you guys think gears of war isn't as good of halo because the game is now old. When gears of war came out last november, the wow factor was incredible. The game revolutionized and made shooters even more popular. Now that in time gamers found so many glitches in the game, and patches from epic made weapons unbalanced, the game now sucks. Halo 3 glitches will appear with time.

In my opinion, Halo 3 didn't live up to the hype. The single player campaign is fun because of the 4 player coop, but you can't just jump in to your friends game which is already in progress like gears. You also can't matchmake a random coop game with any stranger like gears of war. The levels on campaign mode follows the same formula as halo 1 and 2. You fight the covenent in the begin and then the flood towards the end. The last board always has to be in the jeep before the place explodes. How predictable. This is not a good campaign mode.

Online multipler is okay but all you have to do is run around and shoot people in the back and melee. You will get a ton of kills with this strategy. So I scratch my head and Lol at the guy that said Halo requires skill. It takes alot of practice to use a sniper rifle, torque bow effectively in gears.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
Halo is fun, but it left me a bit 'meh'.
Gears on the other hand... God that game is so pure ownage!
Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

[QUOTE="Soul_to_Squeeze"]why do people keep making topics like this. nobody cares what u, or anyone else that makes a post like "gears is better than halo" or vice versa, thinks. these topics r stupid. u like halo better than gears, who cares, u dont have to make a thread to say that.beachbob1

If you think this thread is so stupid, don;t you think your post is even more useless and pathetic. You even wasted time to edit it. Ha ha wait,,,,guess that makes my post the most idiotic of all...Dam you dragged me down here with you....

lol i win

litttlejohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 litttlejohn
Member since 2006 • 2247 Posts

id easily take gears over halo right now.

For one gears requires for the most part some semblence of stratedgy, to aquire weapons, to just stay alive, to get to your teamates. Halo on the other hand is largely doing your own thing runnin around out in the open enviroments running up to kids and punching them.

The one thing halo has over gears is that it has variety and different types of gameplay whereas gearsis the same ol same ol.

BUt in the end i cant move past the fact that in gears the majority of kids had mics to communicate and now in gears its a crapshoot. Most of the games i get into have like one kid on my team with a mic and that includes big team battles. Im really waiting for a game that requires a mic for online play.

beachbob1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 beachbob1

the orange box makes this topic irrelevant to me.paullywog

Orange Box is not even in the same class as gears and halo3 when it comes to multi-player. TF2 is a old mod game with pretty new skins and will fade away.......(great deal though alot of games there if you haven't played most of them already on PC)

Avatar image for liquid_courage_
liquid_courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 liquid_courage_
well gears is a first you can not even compare the two becuse of gameplay. its like these retards that try to compare ps3 and 360
Avatar image for liquid_courage_
liquid_courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 liquid_courage_
well gears is a first you can not even compare the two becuse of gameplay. its like these retards that try to compare ps3 and 360
HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts
i think there both great...but to me there totally different games...gears to me has a lot more team oriented stuff...cause once u die thats the round...but i do think halo has better weapons and the vehicles u can use make it alotta fun...but truly there both great...and dude..learn how to spell and learn how to type...dude that was horrible and it made me sick readin that awful post...and maybe u just suck at gears and not halo...i gotta friend who sucks at halo but is great at gears and he doesn't like halo...but at least he appreciates halo somewhat
beachbob1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 beachbob1
[QUOTE="beachbob1"]

[QUOTE="Soul_to_Squeeze"]why do people keep making topics like this. nobody cares what u, or anyone else that makes a post like "gears is better than halo" or vice versa, thinks. these topics r stupid. u like halo better than gears, who cares, u dont have to make a thread to say that.Soul_to_Squeeze

lol i win

No you lose if you wasted time with another post....oohh crap I lost....unless you post again then I WIN!!

kambion313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kambion313
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts
different kind of shooters, a subjective opinion, who caaaaaarreeeeees
XMONSTER13X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 XMONSTER13X
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
gotta love halo 3 :D
LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#31 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts
i think they are pretty equal in their storyline, none was better than the other. but i think halo 3 have better multiplayer.
urine72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 urine72
Member since 2003 • 1043 Posts

halo has way better controls, maps, and items. gears doesnt take nearly as much skill as halo. halo as a wider variety and combinations of battle tatics, items to use, and moves to use. gears is very annoying and bad to play. gears is not well planned and does have anything extrordinary good about it. the weapons are bad, the reload thing is stupid, the a to take cover and run is annoying. in halo 3 so many factors go into playing, as where gears there may be some but nearly enough as halo. in halo al,most everything you and your opponent does effects the outcome of a battle. it takes skill weild some guns in halo. i think that halo is a perfectly balanced weapon damge ratio. all weapons even out in the end. the are way more varieties of games to play in halo. the campaign is much butter. the HUD is a ton better. graphics are btter than gears. controls are expertly designed and chose and easy. the online play is WAY better. the maps are soooo much better in the fact that they are so well designed, whether is weapon placement, barrier place, or where everything is the maps are so well planned.

Theshottedoftwo

I hope you are joking, I feel like im taking crazy pills!!

Lets start with this. gears takes less skill? That must explain why i got my MVP achievment in halo 3the 2nd game i ever played in my life, and it took me months and months of practice to get me dont hate the player achievment in gears.

then you go on to bash the active reload, the weapons, the damage from the weapons so on and so forth. active reloads add a whole new level of depth to the genre running out of ammo in a clipwhile being chased by an enimie is on thing jamming your gun causing you to take twice as long to reload is antother. now we are on to damage ratio in halo a melee with any weaponwill talk all of your life and all of your sheild on shot will kill you. in gears a melee with certain weapons will only take half you life others will take 1/3.

and to the other guy on the bottom of page one about the stupid names for weapons. I must have forgot. rocket launcher, assualt rifle, smg, spiker ( which shoots spikes), needler ( which shoots needles), shotgun, and sniper are very original. you are right gears guns have stupid names bultok pistol ( magnum ) , gnasher ( shotgun ), boomshot ( rocket launcher ) hammerburst ( automatic ) torque bow ( exploding arrowvertical cross bow) your right.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
wow, you cant really say one is so much better than the other and your not gonna tell people otherwise. they both have their own fantastic qualities which much them fun and addicting in their own right, but better no
goicotron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 goicotron
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
Halo 3 Sucks! Gears of War is way better!!
armedanddeadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 armedanddeadly
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

[QUOTE="Soul_to_Squeeze"]why do people keep making topics like this. nobody cares what u, or anyone else that makes a post like "gears is better than halo" or vice versa, thinks. these topics r stupid. u like halo better than gears, who cares, u dont have to make a thread to say that.beachbob1

He posted it because it doesnt matter what anybody thinks no one cares if you like halo 3 great if you like gears better no one cares. all these post do is start a fight between fanboys who like either game. they are both great games.

mikemd4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mikemd4eva
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts

After beating Halo 3 for the 3rd time and going back and playing Gears for the first time in awhile i gotta say for me its close but if i had to choose Gears of War for me barely though , Both are my favorite 360 games so far!

armedanddeadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 armedanddeadly
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
[QUOTE="Theshottedoftwo"]

urine72

Lets start with this. gears takes less skill? That must explain why i got my MVP achievment in halo 3the 2nd game i ever played in my life, and it took me months and months of practice to get me dont hate the player achievment in gears.

then you go on to bash the active reload, the weapons, the damage from the weapons so on and so forth. active reloads add a whole new level of depth to the genre running out of ammo in a clipwhile being chased by an enimie is on thing jamming your gun causing you to take twice as long to reload is antother. now we are on to damage ratio in halo a melee with any weaponwill talk all of your life and all of your sheild on shot will kill you. in gears a melee with certain weapons will only take half you life others will take 1/3.

and to the other guy on the bottom of page one about the stupid names for weapons. I must have forgot. rocket launcher, assualt rifle, smg, spiker ( which shoots spikes), needler ( which shoots needles), shotgun, and sniper are very original. you are right gears guns have stupid names bultok pistol ( magnum ) , gnasher ( shotgun ), boomshot ( rocket launcher ) hammerburst ( automatic ) torque bow ( exploding arrowvertical cross bow) your right.

officially Owned

Jas282005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jas282005
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts

Look i own them both and gear of war is a much better game

and the graphics are better than halo,s. looks like they just rushed

it and didn,t even try. it is only 480p it can,t even run in 1080 p

high def so if you don,t believe me just look it up. GTA 4 will crush

Halo in sales you,ll see.......

deaethsymbolic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deaethsymbolic
Member since 2004 • 235 Posts

the orange box makes this topic irrelevant to me.paullywog

your comment is pretty much irrelevant. halo owns but gears was fun for a while

venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
why do people keep making topics like this. nobody cares what u, or anyone else that makes a post like "gears is better than halo" or vice versa, thinks. these topics r stupid. u like halo better than gears, who cares, u dont have to make a thread to say that.Soul_to_Squeeze
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chaoscougar1
wow this is an amazing topic, people are so blinded by their stupid fanyboyism that they cant see the brilliance of both the games
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#43 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
WTF? How can you cmpare Halo and GoW? And how does GoW takes no skill and Halo does? In Halo all you do is run and shoot. BTW graphics are better in GoW you must be blind if you can't tell.
ghostjga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ghostjga
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts
[QUOTE="Theshottedoftwo"]

urine72

Can't really say which is better. Halo 3 or Gears.

But one thing for sude urine72 pwned with that post.. lolz

Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts
seeing as that i havent played gears at all since ive had halo then i guess i do like halo more. gears is way awesome though so dont hate
Angryduck67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Angryduck67
Member since 2004 • 272 Posts

Hey TC I like how broken and inarticulate your entire paragraph is. First off lets talk about weapons, Gears takes no skill? You wanna talk about guns requiring no skill? Halo Sniper, rapid fire, no recoil, 4 bullet clips. The battle rifle gives you a little dot when you have a head shot. Then you have the rocket launcher, energy sword and gravity hammer.Give me a break, get a good weapon, get instant kills without trying.

The active reload system is "stupid"?, not really, it adds a fun element of timing to an otherwise empty and inactive aspect of gameplay. Not to mention the cover system is compatible with the health system, unlike Halo, which has a jaunted and uncomfortable feeling as a result of mixing a recharging health system with a run and gun shooter. Then you have the gawd-awful lunge attack with melee weapons, which does not even have a proper animation so I looks like people are teleporting a few yards to smash each other with outrageously overpowered melee attacks.

Then you have useless spike grenades, only good for sticking and even then you can throw a plasma grenade further so they are pretty much irrelevant, Bungie also forgot the fire grenades in multiplayer which leads me to believe the game was not even finished.

All of the most powerful weapons in gears, like the torque bow and the hammer of dawn require either very specific circumstances or delicacy and accuracy in order to be used effectively and safely. In laymen terms, if not used properly they can mess up the wielder as quickly as they can other people.

And what I find really fascinating about people like you, is that you are not content with two great games under your belt. One has to be better in every aspect than the other, and anyone who disagrees is stupid. Your not a real gamer because real gamers are in it for the love of gaming and trivial differences between games or what shooter people think is awesome should not even bother you. You just want another group or side to be on so you can attack people who think differently than you.

Learn to think for yourself and quit coming to forums like these for reassuring crap and validation. Someone out there thinks Gears is more fun and better than Halo 3. What are you really going to do about it? Prove me wrong? You can't, it's subjective and relative to the individual what features and aspects are important and meaningful in a game, hence the stupidity and pointlessness of even arguing about it.

And for the record, Gears got better reviews than Halo 3. Because other peoples opinions reinforce my own and make me right and you wrong. Beat that!

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#47 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

Theshottedoftwo

just pointing out a few things that i really disagree on you.....YOU ARE WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS...YOUR SAYING HALO 3 HAS BETTER GRAPHICS THEN GEARS !!?? are you serious?? the reload is stupid in gears?? in halo 3 copied it the idea of making the reload button right bumper.....and thats all you need to press to reload...in gears its innovative where you need precsion to get extra damage like a mini game sort of thing.....halo 3 takes NO SKILL at all....and thats coming from a former halo 2 online player....Gears doesnt take to much skill???????? play me in gears and ill show you why would you need skill to play that game ....WOW in halo 3 you pick up a mauler get close to a opponet shoot and press b to confirm kill!!! WOW!!!

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chaoscougar1

WTF? How can you cmpare Halo and GoW? And how does GoW takes no skill and Halo does? In Halo all you do is run and shoot. BTW graphics are better in GoW you must be blind if you can't tell.insane_metalist

irony, you seen your profile image is of halo 3

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#49 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
SP of Gears > SP of Halo 2 and Halo 3. Gears on insane is a challenge, but its A.I. still manages to not be as frustratingly cheap as that in Halo 3. And if a game doesn't have that quality SP, you can sure as hell bet that I won't stick around much for the online stuff. Only reason I've been sticking around to play the online part of Halo 3 is because it's not my copy to begin with, but rather my neighbors'.
tatu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tatu2004
Member since 2004 • 17173 Posts

Theshottedoftwo

i agree with you on that..