HALO: Forge World Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gioneburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gioneburnz
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Hey everyone, I just wanted to clarify something:

Will we be able to download other people's custom forge maps and play them on Reach? If so, how? I see how simple this could be on a pc (download map, put it in the map folder of your games directory) but I'm sceptic that a restricted platform like XBOX Live will allow downloading user made maps from the Halo Community.

I have a feeling we could only play the Host's map and once the host leaves, so does his or her map. Can I actually play a random person's map and save it on my xbox to play it locally?!

If someone could confirm that we could do this, I would really appreciate it! This is by far the most exciting feature that has EVER come to a console FPS.

Thanks!

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i think they have a search engine now cuz in the beta they had a thing to search for films but it did not work

_Sketch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _Sketch_
Member since 2010 • 189 Posts

Will we be able to download other people's custom forge maps and play them on Reach? If so, how? I see how simple this could be on a pc (download map, put it in the map folder of your games directory) but I'm sceptic that a restricted platform like XBOX Live will allow downloading user made maps from the Halo Community.

I have a feeling we could only play the Host's map and once the host leaves, so does his or her map. Can I actually play a random person's map and save it on my xbox to play it locally?!

If someone could confirm that we could do this, I would really appreciate it! This is by far the most exciting feature that has EVER come to a console FPS.

Thanks!

gioneburnz

Isn't there a "recent file" thing in Halo 3?
And you needed to download the map in the first place if you are playing on it =/

gioneburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gioneburnz

I'm not sure about the "recent file" thing. I agree that if I played on a map then I technically downloaded it, however what concerns me is if we get to save a map that the Halo fans make and keep store it on our hardrive PERMANENTLY. I'm sure the community is going to make some pretty incredible maps and I would LOVE to keep a bank of favorites.

swinky15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 swinky15
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
just 1 thing to say im not completely sure that you are right but im almost positive bungie has already thought about this problem and im sure theyll fix it.Secondly in the beta ppl were able to save a pic to their file share and post it to the bungie servers so the likelyhood of comunity maps being shared around the globe will be evident. Third in the vidoc bungie described how to post a map variant to your file share and they quote on quote said that they are excited to see what the next big community map will be so it is evident that i will be able to seamlessly upload and download map variants.
gioneburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gioneburnz

epic. just friggin epic.

_Sketch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _Sketch_
Member since 2010 • 189 Posts

Back from playing some Halo 3
Go to "recent maps" in forge mod and the last custom maps you played should be there.

It automatically records the last 25 maps you played.

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

You can download any map variant. The easiest way is to get on bunie.net log into your xbla account and browse the maps and custom games and telling them to download. Then the next time you put reach in your xbox it will download the map.

Casboof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Casboof
Member since 2010 • 239 Posts
I am pretty sure you can do that in Halo 3 so I doubt Reach would take a feature away.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
umm dude fire share? just like halo 3 quite simple. bungie wants to bring the abbilty you had from the website to the game so i guess they could have a search thing... bungie hasn't talked much about it we still got month half go
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

[QUOTE="gioneburnz"]

And you needed to download the map in the first place if you are playing on it =/

_Sketch_

[QUOTE="gioneburnz"]

Thanks!

_Sketch_

yes there was a recent file and no you didn't have to download to play it. the reason is because you already had the map with items moved around. then you had the option to download it to keep that file for ever