Halo 3---Amazing or Bust?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slystelth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slystelth7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
As the days get closer to the superbly hyped game i wanted to make a fourm to gather all gamers oppinions..what do you think..will it be amazing..or will bungie rush it?
GatoFeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GatoFeo
Member since 2004 • 1846 Posts
IDK, I did'nt like halo2... It was kinda slow and overrated... better if they did on Pc.
totallyschizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 totallyschizo
Member since 2005 • 818 Posts
although id normally say something like "what till we have even the slightest video of it", really its halo, do you actually think theres a way bungie would/microsoft let them screw up halo?
newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 newbpwnage
Member since 2007 • 2409 Posts
it cant bust, its a halo game.... ftw
slystelth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 slystelth7
Well..idk i think after many complaints on halo 2 being rushed and all the other garbage halo 3 will shut critics up
Kermi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Kermi
Member since 2004 • 69 Posts
Halo 2 was rushed, they just ran out of time and had no time to polish it. They're going to make sure that doesn't happen to Halo 3, and hearing about what Halo 2 was meant to be and wasn't - and yet still managed to be the popular game on XBL for a long time - has me pretty excited for Halo 3.
halo3resident4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 halo3resident4
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
yo man its halo its never gonna bust yo just halo 2 had sum problems yo i bet their gonna bounce right back up dude
bxr2urjaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bxr2urjaw
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts
its just got to be amazing the pics and vids iv seen about it so far say enough and there not even done yet.....on a diff note has anyone seen the video about the new brutes in halo 3? it looks like thats one of the story levels that they show the brutes runnin around in..:D
njdss4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 njdss4
Member since 2003 • 2721 Posts
I think people are hyping it too much. No game could live up to the hype that Halo 3 is getting. I'm not saying it won't be good, but it won't be amazing.
ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 ps2forever
Member since 2004 • 580 Posts
i have no idea....halo2 dissapointed me...in sum aspect...but with the demand sooo high halo3 would be kinda rushed out and plus it'z a new game on a next gen system. lets just cross our fingers and hope that the game delivers' and stand up to it'z expetatons.
sgpicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 sgpicker
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts
How could they screw up halo 3 as long as they pick up where halo 2 left off it will be the best fps out for the 360 for a long time.
DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts
The only way they can screw it up now is if they make the multiplayer a complete noob fest. Multiplayer should involve SKILL. Not just grab an SMG and Plasma Rifle and rape with it. Weapon setups like that just take no skill.

The best thing they could do for multiplayer now would be... remove the sword or better yet... reduce the amount of auto aim... Make sniping back to how it was with Halo: CE. 
slystelth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 slystelth7
I reserved my copy today
Egamer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Egamer22
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts
hold on ill answer, o wait, it didnt even come out yet. u cant tell what its gonna be like from teaser trailers and pics lol use some intelligence when writing a topic........
Jeff_Boldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jeff_Boldt
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts
The only way they can screw it up now is if they make the multiplayer a complete noob fest. Multiplayer should involve SKILL. Not just grab an SMG and Plasma Rifle and rape with it. Weapon setups like that just take no skill.

The best thing they could do for multiplayer now would be... remove the sword or better yet... reduce the amount of auto aim... Make sniping back to how it was with Halo: CE.
DarkRider23
the weapon combinations in halo 2 were awesome, the only people who ever whined about "noob combo's" were the lamers who got whooped by noobs on a consistent basis, Halo 2 took (and takes) a crap-ton of skill to succeed consistently online, the only thing I would suggest seriously putting effort into is reducing the amount of cheating and increasing the % of people who get caught and banned for cheating. Honestly though, if you don't want to get noob combo'd, then just learn how to avoid the plasma wad, oh and stop crying about it, I don't think you can possible understand how grating it is for real players to listen to people whine about "noob combo's" and mod-free "cheeting" in every single game.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
How can you judge a game thats not coming out untill the end of this year?
guitarer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 guitarer1
Member since 2005 • 600 Posts

Bungie won't mess this one up.....

slystelth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 slystelth7
if you dont like the topic than dont post a forum you dumb@$$
Jeff_Boldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jeff_Boldt
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts
I don't like this topic, but I'll be happy to take your advice. From this day forward, I'll never post a forum again. (it helps that I have no idea how to post a forum)
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Well..idk i think after many complaints on halo 2 being rushed and all the other garbage halo 3 will shut critics upslystelth7
agreed i think bungie will be more methodical with this one, itll be the best game on 360
slystelth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 slystelth7
 thank you
ronnie_m17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ronnie_m17
Member since 2006 • 4014 Posts
halo 3 will be amazing
Avatar image for JediMasterSheed
JediMasterSheed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JediMasterSheed
Member since 2006 • 892 Posts
well they havent rushed it and pretty much refuse to. if theyu have enough time to run a public betav they have enough time to optimize it.
dunit13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dunit13
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
didnt they say if its not ready in november we are not afraid to push the release back even further or maybe that was epic
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
I have this strange feeling it won't be a bust but it won't be amazing either.  Just sort of mediocre just like Halo 2 was.  Not saying that's bad though.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

How the f......k do we know if they will rush it? Tell me if they are 1/3 - 3/3 done and I will tell you what I think, but unless you can break into bungie and tell me, their is no answer...

nuff said

gamerking178

:lol:

AGREED

xRandyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xRandyx
Member since 2005 • 851 Posts
if you read the update, they said that they have plenty of time to make the game whereas before they were rushed to make halo2.  They're taking their sweet time, if they weren't it would be out now.  It was supposed to be out when the ps3 came out

try doing a little research to answer your own questions
lozkoz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lozkoz00
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts
IDK, I did'nt like halo2... It was kinda slow and overrated... better if they did on Pc.GatoFeo
Don't Hate on GAME hate the post :)
dorky_yorkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dorky_yorkie
Member since 2006 • 316 Posts

It will be odd, because that this is the first Halo game to be released on a system that isn't the most technologically advanced. Personally, I think it will be a good FPS but I don't think it's going to shine like the other installments. Not because of PS3 or Wii, but because all the systems are pumping out tons of great looking FPS. If you take one gander at Unreal 3, Resistance, Crysis, Turok, MoH:Airborne, Hell's Highway, Killzone 2, Half-Life 2 Bundle or even Bioshock you can see that Halo 3 will have more than it's fair share of competitors, something it didn't really have in the past on consoles. Of course time will tell how he game does and I'm sure that the online feel will be even more stressed with all the competition.

lozkoz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lozkoz00
As the days get closer to the superbly hyped game i wanted to make a fourm to gather all gamers oppinions..what do you think..will it be amazing..or will bungie rush it?slystelth7
No need to rush Halo 3, as some of you already know Bungie refused to do so (Ps3 launch) totally different times for MS as well. The next Halo is going to be superb:)
Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts
It may be dissapointing like Marix Revolutions was and leave alot of unanswered questions, I hope that doesn't happen.
vincanity23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vincanity23
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Do you think, after bungie admits that they rushed and messed up on halo 2, that they wouldnt take their time and get everything right halo 3? come on, this isnt EA that we are talking about here, its bungie. i have faith that they will make halo 3 good enough to live up to all the hype.
lozkoz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lozkoz00

It will be odd, because that this is the first Halo game to be released on a system that isn't the most technologically advanced. Personally, I think it will be a good FPS but I don't think it's going to shine like the other installments. Not because of PS3 or Wii, but because all the systems are pumping out tons of great looking FPS. If you take one gander at Unreal 3, Resistance, Crysis, Turok, MoH:Airborne, Hell's Highway, Killzone 2, Half-Life 2 Bundle or even Bioshock you can see that Halo 3 will have more than it's fair share of competitors, something it didn't really have in the past on consoles. Of course time will tell how he game does and I'm sure that the online feel will be even more stressed with all the competition.

dorky_yorkie
Interesting that you ONLY mention titles that were originally exclusive to the PS3 (things that make you go hummmmm!) Anyways, as far as production Epic with the gears FPSs is that biggest competitive against the Bungie dynasty. This is the year of Halo 3 regardless :)
JeSuS_iS_bLaCk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JeSuS_iS_bLaCk
Member since 2006 • 562 Posts

It will be like Halo and Halo 2. An average game that is overated. It will get 9.X here most likely, though personally I think the Halo series deserve 8.X ratings.

Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
It is definitely gonna be worth all the hype, trust me.
carpon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 carpon
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

It will be odd, because that this is the first Halo game to be released on a system that isn't the most technologically advanced. Personally, I think it will be a good FPS but I don't think it's going to shine like the other installments. Not because of PS3 or Wii, but because all the systems are pumping out tons of great looking FPS. If you take one gander at Unreal 3, Resistance, Crysis, Turok, MoH:Airborne, Hell's Highway, Killzone 2, Half-Life 2 Bundle or even Bioshock you can see that Halo 3 will have more than it's fair share of competitors, something it didn't really have in the past on consoles. Of course time will tell how he game does and I'm sure that the online feel will be even more stressed with all the competition.

dorky_yorkie

1.Who cares about graphics?
2. Halo never really had better graphics than other game out on the Xbox (at least Halo 2) when it came out.
3. All those game are great competition (well, Resistance will be old and no matter how great the graphics are, I can't see Killzone being much better than the crappy first one) but it will do fine.

dorky_yorkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dorky_yorkie
[QUOTE="dorky_yorkie"]

It will be odd, because that this is the first Halo game to be released on a system that isn't the most technologically advanced. Personally, I think it will be a good FPS but I don't think it's going to shine like the other installments. Not because of PS3 or Wii, but because all the systems are pumping out tons of great looking FPS. If you take one gander at Unreal 3, Resistance, Crysis, Turok, MoH:Airborne, Hell's Highway, Killzone 2, Half-Life 2 Bundle or even Bioshock you can see that Halo 3 will have more than it's fair share of competitors, something it didn't really have in the past on consoles. Of course time will tell how he game does and I'm sure that the online feel will be even more stressed with all the competition.

lozkoz00
Interesting that you ONLY mention titles that were originally exclusive to the PS3 (things that make you go hummmmm!) Anyways, as far as production Epic with the gears FPSs is that biggest competitive against the Bungie dynasty. This is the year of Halo 3 regardless :)

Don't get me wrong, I think Halo 3's biggest competitors will be other 360 games that compete for its online gameplay time. I don't think the PS3 will be huge competition anytime soon, at least to a game like Halo 3. As for the games I listed I just shot off what I recalled, I didn't even name half the games it will be up against, on the PS3, Wii, or 360. The game will be good, but people have other choices now they didn't have last gen. Example, name 3 games that could compete against Halo 1 or 2 that were on consoles..Doom3? lol. Half-Life 2 port? LOL...
Lord_Neccers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Lord_Neccers
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts
I thinks since bungie say they rushed Halo 2 and that was awsome, no mater whatb they do to this and since they've had ages to work on it it will be an absolutely amazing game!!!! but i geus the way to really tell is to get onto the beta program....
JediMasterSheed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JediMasterSheed
[QUOTE="lozkoz00"][QUOTE="dorky_yorkie"]

dorky_yorkie

Don't get me wrong, I think Halo 3's biggest competitors will be other 360 games that compete for its online gameplay time. I don't think the PS3 will be huge competition anytime soon, at least to a game like Halo 3. As for the games I listed I just shot off what I recalled, I didn't even name half the games it will be up against, on the PS3, Wii, or 360. The game will be good, but people have other choices now they didn't have last gen. Example, name 3 games that could compete against Halo 1 or 2 that were on consoles..Doom3? lol. Half-Life 2 port? LOL...

it is on the most technologically advanced. ps3 is better at doing my taxes, but the 360 in game performances are only rivaled by pcs, and until crysis comes out, 360 is the leader of this generation.
JediMasterSheed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JediMasterSheed

dorky_yorkie

it is on the most technologically advanced. ps3 is better at doing my taxes, but the 360 in game performances are only rivaled by pcs, and until crysis comes out, 360 is the leader of this generation.
dorky_yorkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dorky_yorkie
[QUOTE="dorky_yorkie"][QUOTE="lozkoz00"][QUOTE="dorky_yorkie"]

JediMasterSheed

hmmmm...I won't defend PS3 in this forum because this is your forum. I will say though that the PS3 will be using the Crytek (Crysis engine) on an upcoming title. That said, Halo 3 will be a good game, I just think they will have true competition this time around, a first for the franchise. (not a bad thing at all)
Freddyk14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Freddyk14
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts
lol dude are u joking? It's pathetic to have a game be anything less than amazing with the amount of time they are spending on this game.
Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#44 Greatwasabi
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts
I don't know.. I think it's going to be amazing but the hype will actually be bad for it because everybody will expect a perfect game where you can be a brute with rpgs that come out of your fingers and have fighter jets and class systems with healing abilities and all this crap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 11010100
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts

It will be like Halo and Halo 2. An average game that is overated. It will get 9.X here most likely, though personally I think the Halo series deserve 8.X ratings.

JeSuS_iS_bLaCk
AGREED.
slystelth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 slystelth7

dorky_yorkie

Hmm...I Wonder what system he has??
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
As the days get closer to the superbly hyped game i wanted to make a fourm to gather all gamers oppinions..what do you think..will it be amazing..or will bungie rush it?slystelth7
bust
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Miguel16
[QUOTE="JeSuS_iS_bLaCk"]

AGREED.

AGREED
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Miguel16
[QUOTE="dorky_yorkie"][QUOTE="lozkoz00"][QUOTE="dorky_yorkie"]

slystelth7

Hmm...I Wonder what system he has??

What does it matter....i think halo1 and 2 suck and i prolly will hate 3 too...what system do i got?...let the man state his opinion
slystelth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 slystelth7
you only dont like it because your ps3 doesnt have it BOO HOO