Halo 3 Team Slayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I've seen a small problem with it. What happens if you do great, get 20 kills and 4 deaths, but you lose by 20 points to the other team for the sole reason-your teammates suck. That's the problem with Team Slayer, even if you do great, if your team sucks you lose. It's the same with COD4, so do get going on how Halo sucks.
Epicsoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#2 Epicsoldier
Member since 2004 • 10998 Posts

Well, Here's what you could do.

If your so great, Play Lone Wolf and not team based games, Simple as that.

I agree, it's annoying to lose because Of a crappy team, but if it bugs you that much, you do have other options.

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
I've seen a small problem with it. What happens if you do great, get 20 kills and 4 deaths, but you lose by 20 points to the other team for the sole reason-your teammates suck. That's the problem with Team Slayer, even if you do great, if your team sucks you lose. It's the same with COD4, so do get going on how Halo sucks.mohfrontline
Ok, go play by yourself in the corner and keep writing on the wall that you are the best.
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
get your friends and paly team games. Thats what i do and we still lose but not as much. I'm sure you have friends on your friends list,invote them to game and pick whatever team based game u would like to play. Also, in CoD4 you rank up regardless of how bad your team does.if i get 20 kills i get 200 points regardless. thought you would like to know that
Dark_knight24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dark_knight24
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts
Well its just like sports....if u only have 1 or 2 good players your not going to do so hot...but if u work as a team you will do well....good teams work together and are usually successful
XxSPAZxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XxSPAZxX
Member since 2007 • 1213 Posts
Get over it. Play cage match or free for all. It doesn't matter what I do cause I always win. My average score is 40kills and 0 deaths for both games. 1337 skills FTW.
hbaum825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hbaum825
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Whenever i go to a team slayer on the ranked playlist, it says one or more players do not have proper maps for this playlist and my gamertag starts blinking. What do i do?

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

Whenever i go to a team slayer on the ranked playlist, it says one or more players do not have proper maps for this playlist and my gamertag starts blinking. What do i do?

hbaum825

i think because u don't have a gold account.

get over that ur team sucks, talk with the mic.

timmy0890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 timmy0890
Member since 2006 • 572 Posts
play lonewolf
Burn1n6t00th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Burn1n6t00th
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

hbaum825
You have to download the Heroic Map pack now. Its free so bungie has made it required for team slayer
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
There is a reason its called Team Slayer.
jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts

Well if you lose because of a crappy team, then no big deal. That's expected to happen.

But it does suck that your rank goes down even if you are the MVP, but you lost the game because your team sucked.

Ozzie234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ozzie234
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts

What irritates me is that every idiot is just playing by themselves even on team play! Everytime you hook up with folks playing as a real team playing a good tactical game you kick the asses of *any* competition - no matter how good individually they are. Why can't we have this more often? Next time you're online; TEAM UP AND COMMUNICATE!!!! Ironically the most ego players are those who usually get 30 kills a match.:roll:

Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts
Even the simplest acts of teamwork go a long way in H3. Like for instance, actually letting somebody get on a turret instead of speeding off right away.
Ozzie234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ozzie234
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts
Or advising the sniper/heavy gun of the best spots, then covering his ass while he working.... or waiting for your team to respawn before going on a surge ....or as a better player looking out for lesser skilled teammates asses in certain situations instead of just letting them bait *your* lousy kill .... Halo3 deja-vu anyone?????? Sucks.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 starfox2468
Member since 2006 • 2782 Posts
ok why dont you guys stop being dicks,i agree with ya moh.i get paired with some noobs,and i manage to do awesome for once,like 17kills and + k/d ratio,and i go down a rank.ive been at lvl.19-20 forever.and lone wolves sucks,i like playing as a team,which noone really does online,always go rambo on everyone and give the other team kills
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starfox2468

What irritates me is that every idiot is just playing by themselves even on team play! Everytime you hook up with folks playing as a real team playing a good tactical game you kick the asses of *any* competition - no matter how good individually they are. Why can't we have this more often? Next time you're online; TEAM UP AND COMMUNICATE!!!! Ironically the most ego players are those who usually get 30 kills a match.:roll:

Ozzie234

and that brings up another point,DO NO PLAY TEAM SLAYER IF YOU DONT USE A MIC!!!

i been gettin matched up with alot of people with no mics,i try n tell them what to do,and try this n whatnot,and they never listen,why i lose alot of matches.that and prob cause i suck

EDIT:sorry for the double post

-Phaz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Phaz-
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
What annoys me is when your on Team slayer, and your 3 teammates dont have their headset on! its the name TEAM!!!! yet they still dont grasp that Communication is the key to winning to TS.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 starfox2468

What annoys me is when your on Team slayer, and your 3 teammates dont have their headset on! its the name TEAM!!!! yet they still dont grasp that Communication is the key to winning to TS.-Phaz-

word,only time i dont use a headset is lone wolves n whatnot,i always have mine on

Rpger159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Rpger159
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

It's like this for almost every gun game. If you win you win. If you lose, you lose. And if your teammates suck, then so be it.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I don't use the headset because I'm tired of the racist homophobes screaming in my ear and telling me what to do. I seem to do fine in team slayer without the mic. I stick around the team and help them out. I check my rep fequently and my prefered % goes up. I assume not using a mic doesn't bother people too much.
tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts

[QUOTE="-Phaz-"]What annoys me is when your on Team slayer, and your 3 teammates dont have their headset on! its the name TEAM!!!! yet they still dont grasp that Communication is the key to winning to TS.starfox2468

word,only time i dont use a headset is lone wolves n whatnot,i always have mine on

What makes you think people with mics actually listen. This isnt halo 3s fault, but most people on the game are selfish and a bit mean. THEY own with the sniper, so it is THEIRS and YOU SUCK so you shouls stop being bad on HIS team and making him go DOWN A RANK!

hbaum825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hbaum825

the online team slayer in the ranked playlist doesn't work anymore. It says "one or more players do not have proper maps for this playlist" and it has my name blinking. I have a one year gold account and it still doesn't work. What do i do?

trw534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 trw534
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
then dont play team games
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
I only use my mic about 50% of the time. I find that some kids are cool but i get tired of forced conversation and people getting mad at me for taking the sniper(even though i'm pretty dec with it). It's just tiring, i'd rather keep my talking for ym freinds on live.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Thats the think I like about CoD4 more, even if you lose, you still get experience for your kills. Thats why I got a 45 in Team Slayer and I pretty much stopped playing after that.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts

the online team slayer in the ranked playlist doesn't work anymore. It says "one or more players do not have proper maps for this playlist" and it has my name blinking. I have a one year gold account and it still doesn't work. What do i do?

hbaum825

Do you have the heroic map pack? If not press start when playing Halo, go to the marketplace, and go down to the bottom and look for heroic map pack, its free.

grumblefunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 grumblefunk

im having problems getting in to a team slayer match at all, it just says i dont have the maps needed to play it, this seams weird since i thought it would let you play it straight away without having to buy anything else. does anyone know what map pack i need to get to make it work?

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
Lone wolves, ever heard of it?
Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts

im having problems getting in to a team slayer match at all, it just says i dont have the maps needed to play it, this seams weird since i thought it would let you play it straight away without having to buy anything else. does anyone know what map pack i need to get to make it work?

grumblefunk
As the post right above yours has stated, you need the Heroic map pack. It's free to download from the marketplace. It's required BECAUSE it's free.
Pokemon18986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Pokemon18986
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

Halo Team Slayer is awesome, but you should have an invite only slayer if you want challenges. Even if your team loses, if you do good, people will notice that. That could contribute you to being noticed by bungie and being able to get flaming recon of hayabusa helmets. RED VERSUS BLUE RULEZ!!!!!!!

Avatar image for CrimsonBlade541
CrimsonBlade541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 CrimsonBlade541
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts

Thats what I hate about that game, that's why I usually play with friends only on my team cause I know how good they are an I know I will win with them

grumblefunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 grumblefunk

everyone has told me that i need to download the free heroic map pack to make team slayers work but i have done that and it still doesnt work. any other suggestions?

grumblefunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 grumblefunk

everyone has told me that i need to download the free heroic map pack to make team slayer work but i have done that and it still doesnt work. any other suggestions?

Innocentguy757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Innocentguy757
Member since 2004 • 5410 Posts
If that's the problem, play Lone Wolves. I mean is everyone supposed to be as good as the other? If so every match would end in a draw.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Get over it. Play cage match or free for all. It doesn't matter what I do cause I always win. My average score is 40kills and 0 deaths for both games. 1337 skills FTW.XxSPAZxX
lol well dreams sometimes become reality...but not that often
imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 imlolmon
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

i never lose cause of my team, i always carry them and even if my team loses i hold enough kills for myself and like 2 others based on the average kills.. maybe you should just practice and get better at the game ;)

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Thats what I hate about that game, that's why I usually play with friends only on my team cause I know how good they are an I know I will win with them

CrimsonBlade541
except for the recent 7 consecutive losses :P