• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JayHuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JayHuss
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Is any one else sick of the halo 3 bashing?

i dont get it.... we fellow gamers arnt your Xbox Shrinks...

people complain at how crap it is and everything... yes each to their own, but how about just leave it?

i personally think halo 3 is great, yer there is a few faults, i hate the melee.... god i hate that stupid melee.... but when i think about it, it just adds to my exciting gaming on Halo 3:D i just end up wanting to kill the Bast**d who just melee'd me!

every time i log on, i see 500,000+ people in halo 3.... so i guess in general, people do LIKE the game, and just play it for what it is.

A great game and thats it.

I just cant wait for Mass effect tho, i think halo3 might gather some dust at that point:P

Avatar image for Cerberus_Legion
Cerberus_Legion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Cerberus_Legion
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts
Unfortunately, massive popularity has its setbacks; not only does popularity garner a game more publicity, it also garners more dissent from those who would otherwise use that publicity for another game. More fans equals more enemies, and well, that's the truth of it all. In any case, I thought Halo 3 was a fun game, not entirely great, but epic in scope, and fun to play.
JayHuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JayHuss

fair enough buddy, i agree with you.

But doesnt it piss you off, when you cruise through the forums only to see threads where people talk about how crap halo 3 is?

the only thing that pissed me off about halo3 really was opening my god damn NAT thingy... :P DMZing is so easy now that i no how to do it tho...

you do put forward good point tho mate.

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts

Everybody is entitled to voice there opinion.

ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts

Giff1988

i don't mind people saying their disapointed, that's their opinion... but when people post in a halo 3 topic with "gears of war is better" or something, that's really lame
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

people complain at how crap it is and everything... yes each to their own, but how about just leave it?

i personally think halo 3 is great, yer there is a few faults, i hate the melee.... god i hate that stupid melee.... but when i think about it, it just adds to my exciting gaming on Halo 3:D i just end up wanting to kill the Bast**d who just melee'd me!

every time i log on, i see 500,000+ people in halo 3.... so i guess in general, people do LIKE the game, and just play it for what it is.

I just cant wait for Mass effect tho, i think halo3 might gather some dust at that point:P

JayHuss

They have their opinion, so let the idiots (who know nothing of gaming) miss out on a revolutionary title. Most (if not all) are just bashing it because of:

A: They suck at the game and is therefore looking for an excuse to bash it.
or
B: They're bashing it solely because it's popular. Simple. There is no other logic than that. You can't say Halo 3 (or any of the other Halo titles) suck, because they were well done and acheived some of the highest ratings we've seen in games to date.

All people are simply trying to say is, This game is not for me. So therefore if they say the game sucks, then they are just dumbasses.

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
[QUOTE="JayHuss"]

Skullheart

They have their opinion, so let the idiots (who know nothing of gaming) miss out on a revolutionary title. Most (if not all) are just bashing it because of:

or
B: They're bashing it solely because it's popular. Simple. There is no other logic than that. You can't say Halo 3 (or any of the other Halo titles) suck, because they were well done and acheived some of the highest ratings we've seen in games to date.

All people are simply trying to say is, This game is not for me. So therefore if they say the game sucks, then they are just dumbasses.

your exactly right people do this alot with rpg's too
WWIAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 WWIAB
Member since 2006 • 4352 Posts

I used to bash HALO 3 really badly, I hated it so much, (played the beta and was rubbish at it) but on release day, I had a overwhelming urge to just become part of the craze

I bought it a couple of days after release and I thought I would tire of it after the craze died down but I am sticking with it

I am really enjoying Multiplayer and the single player has me coming back again and again especially the 4th level with the scarab (something halo has never done to me)

dem5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dem5000
Member since 2003 • 66 Posts

Halo 3 IS a great game. However about 90% of the people who play on line must have a mission in life to be as annoying as possible. It's like going to an amusement park with the best roller coasters (cedar point) and having your day ruined by annoying little kids. That's the only bashing I do. Not to mention, its an easy target, like the president, or Microsoft.

Sakura321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sakura321
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

or

Your calling us idiots and you're the one stating these bull**** "facts" about why wedont like Halo 3? Idiot -_-

I'm dissapointed with Halo 3 because the hype for it made me think I could be in for the best Halo yet, not even that, but the best FPS I'd ever play, but no, Half Life 2 still remains up the top for me. Incase you think I haven't played any of the Halos, I've played and have every one of them, and I loved the first 2...

The hype killed Halo for a lot of us, accept that and move on.

How old are you btw... just curious?

Alexis_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alexis_Fire
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

or

Skullheart

Ok first off I love the Halo games though I would hardly call Halo 3 "revolutionary". However, that being said, you're criticising people for giving their opinions (all be it perhaps in a bad a manner) but I don't think that calling them "idiots" or "dumbasses" does anything but weaken your arguement. At the end of the day if someone hates Halo then fine by me. It's their decision - it doesn't affect me.

chief_527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chief_527
Member since 2003 • 1121 Posts
I love the halo series. I dont care who likes it or who doesn't like it. I play that game because I like it.nuff said
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
why is everyone some tight about someone saying a game sucks? Get over it. Everyone has free speech so pretty much anyone can say anything they want to as long as it does not affect your freedoms. Plus what does it really hurt when someone says a game sucks. Absolutely nothing.
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Skullheart

[QUOTE="Skullheart"]

or

Alexis_Fire

Ok first off I love the Halo games though I would hardly call Halo 3 "revolutionary". However, that being said, you're criticising people for giving their opinions (all be it perhaps in a bad a manner) but I don't think that calling them "idiots" or "dumbasses" does anything but weaken your arguement. At the end of the day if someone hates Halo then fine by me. It's their decision - it doesn't affect me.

They're idiots because they bash the Halo series without a real reason. If you're going to tell me the game sucks, then you're simply an idiot. IT would be like me, saying that the Half Life series sucked. I played through the first and second one and didn't seem to like the storyline (well, more so the gameplay) but that's just my opinion. It wasn't for me. The game doesn't suck just because I don't like it.

Yeah, Halo is revolutionary for it to have such a huge fanbase, let alone the ratings it's received from every game reviewer. If the game had the slightest chance of sucking, someone out there would have posted Halo's score much lower than it is now. SO you see, what some of you people (most *cough) don't speak with logic.

But hey, I know people like Sakura are just bashing it because it's popular. Otherwise, she wouldn't have said

Sakura321

That statement proved that you're just trying to find an excuse to bash on Halo. I've been seeing this kind of crap for 6 ****ing years since the original Halo came out. You don't think I wouldn't catch on to what's really been going on all these years? I'll just leave you with this: "This game isn't for me" is all you need to say instead of bashing it and trying to find things wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with the ****ing game, and there certainly isn't anything wrong with not liking it. If it's not your game, then leave it be. Don't come in here bashing it just because of the sole fact of it being popular. Let us enjoy what we love, and you can miss out on an awesome game.

why is everyone some tight about someone saying a game sucks? Get over it. Everyone has free speech so pretty much anyone can say anything they want to as long as it does not affect your freedoms. Plus what does it really hurt when someone says a game sucks. Absolutely nothing.hiryu3

It's not that, it's the fact that they're so damned stupid every time a good game title comes out. These types of people do this every ****ing time when an awesome game title comes out. They hate it JUST BECAUSE it's popular/hyped. I'm sick of it.

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

Giff1988

yes but theres a difference between voicing your opinion and just being a stuck up prick i have no interest in COD4, and i don't see what the big deal is, but i don't come on here and say things like "cod4 is the suxors caus i said so, if you like it you have bad taste in games" caus thats just stupid to think and act like that.

Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts
people who bash it just suck at it.... plain and simple
SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
[QUOTE="Giff1988"]

ag1002

i don't mind people saying their disapointed, that's their opinion... but when people post in a halo 3 topic with "gears of war is better" or something, that's really lame

but gears of war was better......

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
How can anybody bash halo, the game is sick period
Avatar image for deactivated-58fbfc61e27fe
deactivated-58fbfc61e27fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 deactivated-58fbfc61e27fe
Member since 2005 • 653 Posts
Well if there is one thing I want to bash about Halo is those bunch of underage kids playing and screaming(not mentioning cussing) when I play the game. Other than that the game is good, multiplayer is fantastic, it has to be the game that I played the longest to this date.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

While it does get annoying seeing topic after topic of Halo being bashed, it's equally annoying when people create thread after thread to praise it or to complain about the hate topics. Everyone seems to feel the need to bash or praise it, and to me topics like that/this are great as blogs but rather unnecessary as topics.

We don't all share the same views of Halo but instead of using the blog space provided here at Gamespot, people feel compelled and justified in making this same kind of topic everyday. So really isn't this topic serving the same purpose as what you are ranting about? You are irritated that people create topics to bash it, yet here you are ready to fire back at those people with the same kind of topic, but replacing their dislike for it with your like for it.

Look, I hear what you're saying, but this topic is just as pointless as the ones you're complaining about. I wish people would stop feeling the need to bash or praise Halo, but since this is a 360 forum that's not going to happen. My only advice is to stay away from topics you don't like, and also to not create the same kinds of topics you don't like seeing.;)

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Skullheart
[QUOTE="Giff1988"]

wreak

yes but theres a difference between voicing your opinion and just being a stuck up prick i have no interest in COD4, and i don't see what the big deal is, but i don't come on here and say things like "cod4 is the suxors caus i said so, if you like it you have bad taste in games" caus thats just stupid to think and act like that.

Exactly my point.

Hihatrider87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hihatrider87
Member since 2007 • 1042 Posts

or

Your calling us idiots and you're the one stating these bull**** "facts" about why wedont like Halo 3? Idiot -_-

I'm dissapointed with Halo 3 because the hype for it made me think I could be in for the best Halo yet, not even that, but the best FPS I'd ever play, but no, Half Life 2 still remains up the top for me. Incase you think I haven't played any of the Halos, I've played and have every one of them, and I loved the first 2...

Sakura321

why would u let hype ruin a game for you. was it so hard to avoid that it turned you off from it even though you might have liked the game. i just don't see what hype has to with how someone enjoys a game. to me not liking something because it's hyped is just as ignorant as liking something because its popular. oh, wait thats just counter-culture for you.

bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts

While it does get annoying seeing topic after topic of Halo being bashed, it's equally annoying when people create thread after thread to praise it or to complain about the hate topics. Everyone seems to feel the need to bash or praise it, and to me topics like that/this are great as blogs but rather unnecessary as topics.

We don't all share the same views of Halo but instead of using the blog space provided here at Gamespot, people feel compelled and justified in making this same kind of topic everyday. So really isn't this topic serving the same purpose as what you are ranting about? You are irritated that people create topics to bash it, yet here you are ready to fire back at those people with the same kind of topic, but replacing their dislike for it with your like for it.

Look, I hear what you're saying, but this topic is just as pointless as the ones you're complaining about. I wish people would stop feeling the need to bash or praise Halo, but since this is a 360 forum that's not going to happen. My only advice is to stay away from topics you don't like, and also to not create the same kinds of topics you don't like seeing.;)

nyc05
you beat me to sayiing that. btw some of you guys need some major anger management, it's just a game..
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

nyc05

good point(s).

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

Generaly people bash it openly like that because of all the pathetic fanboys who have never played areal fpsyell its praise for no particular reason. I for one, don't like to go about flaming something I don't like, but I dispise topics like this where you're basicaly just doing what you're complaining about in reverse.

Can't wait for mass effect either though, there's a game that actualy shows promise.

ebookerd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ebookerd1
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts
I didn't know that so many people didn't know the difference bettween an opinon and just being a tool?? Well I'll help you guys out. Ok I personally don't Like Killzone. I never have I finished the game and felt that it was beneath me to have finished it and the fact that there was a sequel was and insult to my intelligence. But that is my opinion. but I understand that many people have a different way of seeing things and that I am not the most important individual on the planet. Some things can just end with "I didn't really like it" or "It wasn't for me!". When you go to the excess of "I hate it!!" "It sucks It is not good and ...." My point is my opinion of Killzone is me being a tool for a moment but I realized that It doesn't matter what I think and I can save my opinion for something I do like. If you are selfishly bashing something you are a tool. I think there could have been a few things I would have liked them to improve but I'm fine with the quality of game play. I like gears but I in no way play it as much as Halo 3. I just feel better in how it plays. I also don't hate PS3 I just wish they would get there act together. Competition makes the gaming world better. If games compete off each other the quality increases. So if you have a bad opinion that won't help anyone keep it to your self and don't be a tool!!! 8)
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killerfist

everyone has the right to state their opinion(if they ectualy played the game and know what they are talking about). thats why there are so many threads like this. some people just have the urge to create a whole new topic (like may others) about it.

personaly I do like halo3 and thats why I play it. If I didnt liked it I wouldnt have bought it and I couldnt have said what I said before.

Holopaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Holopaw
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts
You don't really see alot of people bashing the whole Halo 3 experience alot, its mostly aspects of the multiplayer that piss people off the most.
DeLashmutt1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DeLashmutt1980

Seriously! I've read some of the comments and I agree with a lot of people.Halo 3is an easy target. It is so much easier to say a game just flat out sucks. And those people shouldn't get much of a deeper response than "No, you suck".

I'm not a fan of Halo 3. That doesn't mean I hate the game.I do believe it has value in the gaming world. I just don't understand all the hype. I'm not going to compare it to a bunch of other FPS because that really isn't a fair waytocritique a game. One game's strengths might be what makes that title unique. So it isn't really fair to dive on a game just because it lacks what another game had...If games all copied one another's strengths we'd all bebashingthe copycat!...and we'd all be pretty bored with a bunch of FPS that looked a lot alike.

Sure Halo 3has flaws. Every game does.Sure it has fans and there are always going to be people that trash games that have a large following simply because of that fact... But the bottom line... Seriously... Whatever happened to constructive criticism?

Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
Lol if you think Halo 3 is the best then you haven't played a good some of shooting games. I think the storyline of the game is the worst fault of the game.
padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts
Whatever you say...
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 killerfist

Lol if you think Halo 3 is the best then you haven't played a good some of shooting games. I think the storyline of the game is the worst fault of the game. Wezker619

there are games with a worse storyline thats for sure. Halo is good, not the best but its good. IMO

Avatar image for deadlywizard234
deadlywizard234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deadlywizard234
Member since 2004 • 95 Posts

I waited a half an hour in line and shelled out the 70 bucks for the game and would love to convince myself that every single penny of my 70 bucks was well spent, believe me.

I give Halo 3 a 7.5 (which is saying it's a good game, not stellar)

Feel free to counter any of my arguments for giving Halo 3 a lower than great review. ( notice comparisons of other FPS in my review. I notice a lot of people don't mention other FPS, so in that case how can they know that Halo 3 is the "cream of the crop" if they have lots of experience with many FPS's)

MY HALO 3 REVIEW:

This review is coming from someone who has played many FPS online, but never played a Halo game. (don't have "Halo fanboy syndrome", and I don't cream my pants at the campy, seen-it-a-million-times-before sci fi theme everyone else creams their pants over apparantly)

Ok, to all the people who say this game has good multiplayer, have you ever played another decent multiplayer game in your life? Games like COD3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Graw 2, even Gears of War (with it's 8 player max., yuck)

The weapons all feel like toys. I feel like i'm running around playing laser tag at chuck e cheese's. The physics for all the weapons, which have no stopping force or recoil, all feel silly and cartoon like in other words.

You can't sprint in short bursts when the time is right (like COD3) or lean up and spray behind walls (Rainbow Six, Gears of War) , or get in the prone position (COD3, Graw)....all you can do is jump over and over (at the same speed) and pray. ( haven't FPS grown beyond the silly cartoon-like jumping up and down to avoid getting hit, it was tolerable in oldies like Quake and Unreal Tournament, but now it just feels like dated gameplay)

Lets see, you have 3 types of grenades, all of them are explosive (why do they have two "different" sticky grenades, one is just a big shiny orb, the other a javelin, but they both do the same damn thing). The specialty items (like the jump boost and land mines) are kind of useless, couldn't they come up with a land mine that only blows up enemies, not friends, they've mastered intergalactic space travel after all. If you want to get in a quick multiplayer match, you can't select your own type of game or map. (there's only three maps it cycles through). Not only that, but the multiplayer menu is just poorly made and overly complicated.

If you want to jump in a multiplayer game, you can't select the play mode or map you want unless you have a group of buddies who happen to be on. The matchmaking system only has 3 maps and 4 play modes which it selects randomly, only allowing one veto, then your stuck with the second pick whatever it is.Again,sure you can find a bunch of buddies to play your own game mode,but what if none of your buddies our on? Games like COD3, Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Orange Box are better in this regard.

Lastly, you can't start out with the weapon or "****" you want in multiplayer, I think fighting to be the first to get the right weapon, armor, or item is kind of a pain in the ass, let people pick and choose their role in a combat situation, not fight over it (Via everyone runs to the one stupid slow-respawning rocket launcher on this one map). Games like Half Life 2: Orange Box, COD3, and Rainbow Six Vegas are really great in that they let you select a multitude of weapons/roles at the beginning of a match, not start out with a generic crap weapon and have to go out and get something decent.

THE UPS: -The music is beautiful and operatic. -Some of the larger weapons and vehicles are kind of fun, in all their campiness (if you can manage to get one before the dumbest noob on your team has grabbed it). -Has a wide variety of vehicles, which adds a little extra depth to an otherwise formulaic FPS. -Has a mute button which you'll need from playing against a particularly pubescent, intellectually lacking, ADD suffering gaming community

Alexis_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Alexis_Fire
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

They're idiots because they bash the Halo series without a real reason. If you're going to tell me the game sucks, then you're simply an idiot. IT would be like me, saying that the Half Life series sucked. I played through the first and second one and didn't seem to like the storyline (well, more so the gameplay) but that's just my opinion. It wasn't for me. The game doesn't suck just because I don't like it.

Yeah, Halo is revolutionary for it to have such a huge fanbase, let alone the ratings it's received from every game reviewer. If the game had the slightest chance of sucking, someone out there would have posted Halo's score much lower than it is now. SO you see, what some of you people (most *cough) don't speak with logic.

Skullheart

Halo was revolutionary - yes. You were refering to Halo 3 however, which is not.

Stop calling people Idiots! Don't you understand that it completely undermines your entirearguement when you lower yourself to "their" level. You see people in this world, they're all focused on their opinions. I agree with you on your point and I love the Halo games. My point was that your choice of words - namely insulting all the bashers - is just as bad. Not to mention I've talked to people out there who do not like the Halo games and have genuine reasons. You cannot put them all in the same basket. However you don't seem to understand this at all.

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I love Halo 3 bashing! I'm running up to a guy shooting him and he turns around just in timeto see meall up in his grillall like"WHAM!". I bash hishelmet in and he goes flying through the air. Good times....... good times.
DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
I love Halo, I know some people don't, but I never bash a game I don't like...I just don't play it.
urine72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 urine72
Member since 2003 • 1043 Posts

Alright, I admit I am a Halo 3 basher. Why? the answer is very simple, it was probably the most overrated over-hyped game ever made. Halo:CE was brand new for its time it introduced regenerating life bars, limited weapon carry capacity, and introduced multi-man vehicle combat in a FPS. Now I will never Bash Halo: CE because it was not over rated or over hyped it was what it was meant to be.... a great next gen experience for its time. Now Halo 3 on the other hand soo much hype so little to deliver. Half life 2 (not the orange box just half life 2), return to castle wolfenstien, time splitters, and red faction just to name a few are all games that offer the same if not better gameplay as halo3. Like many had said befor it should have been called halo 2.1. now dont get me wrong Halo 3 is a fun game and i do play it, as you can tell by my gamertag in my sig. It just annoys the hell out of me when people act like Halo 3 is the greatest game ever made when it simply is not, it is amediocre gamewith some replay value. Now start calling halo 3 just that and i wont have to bash it and put it back in its place i will just agree instead.

SHACKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SHACKR
Member since 2007 • 1226 Posts
People shouldn't bash games because they are fanboys with other games. f you don't like the game, just shut up about it and play your own game.
SHACKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SHACKR
Member since 2007 • 1226 Posts

Alright, I admit I am a Halo 3 basher. Why? the answer is very simple, it was probably the most overrated over-hyped game ever made. Halo:CE was brand new for its time it introduced regenerating life bars, limited weapon carry capacity, and introduced multi-man vehicle combat in a FPS. Now I will never Bash Halo: CE because it was not over rated or over hyped it was what it was meant to be.... a great next gen experience for its time. Now Halo 3 on the other hand soo much hype so little to deliver. Half life 2 (not the orange box just half life 2), return to castle wolfenstien, time splitters, and red faction just to name a few are all games that offer the same if not better gameplay as halo3. Like many had said befor it should have been called halo 2.1. now dont get me wrong Halo 3 is a fun game and i do play it, as you can tell by my gamertag in my sig. It just annoys the hell out of me when people act like Halo 3 is the greatest game ever made when it simply is not, it is amediocre gamewith some replay value. Now start calling halo 3 just that and i wont have to bash it and put it back in its place i will just agree instead.

urine72

I agree and disagree. Some people DO think it is the greatest game made, it being mediocre is just your opinion.

Avatar image for sleepisawesome2
sleepisawesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 sleepisawesome2
Member since 2005 • 1367 Posts
[QUOTE="Alexis_Fire"]

[QUOTE="Skullheart"]

or

Skullheart

But hey, I know people like Sakura are just bashing it because it's popular. Otherwise, she wouldn't have said

Sakura321

That statement proved that you're just trying to find an excuse to bash on Halo. I've been seeing this kind of crap for 6 ****ing years since the original Halo came out. You don't think I wouldn't catch on to what's really been going on all these years? I'll just leave you with this: "This game isn't for me" is all you need to say instead of bashing it and trying to find things wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with the ****ing game, and there certainly isn't anything wrong with not liking it. If it's not your game, then leave it be. Don't come in here bashing it just because of the sole fact of it being popular. Let us enjoy what we love, and you can miss out on an awesome game.

why is everyone some tight about someone saying a game sucks? Get over it. Everyone has free speech so pretty much anyone can say anything they want to as long as it does not affect your freedoms. Plus what does it really hurt when someone says a game sucks. Absolutely nothing.hiryu3

It's not that, it's the fact that they're so damned stupid every time a good game title comes out. These types of people do this every ****ing time when an awesome game title comes out. They hate it JUST BECAUSE it's popular/hyped. I'm sick of it.

calm down its just their opinions and the only thing i find bad about ahlo 3 si the story and maps which is why im sticking to cod 4 and orange box

DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts

or

Sakura321
The hype killed Halo :lol: So you are unable to accept a good game simply because it was overly hyped...
zakaweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 zakaweb
Member since 2003 • 355 Posts
Haven't you heard. It's cool to put down anything popular as being crap.
JayHuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JayHuss

nyc05

You got me buddy... hahah i suppose if its any consulation this is the first topic ive posted on this sorta thing... lol

Oh and Secondly i guess i just felt that this might get through in the forums more than a blog.

Maybe if they put out sum sorta sticky or topic on halo bashing, you cud keep it contained so it wudnt take up so much space.

Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts

The game/series has several faults, just because it got a 9.5 here doesn't mean its without its problems.

You can start the conversation with the atrocious AI.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

Word up.

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Skullheart

Before you read this know that I enjoy the Halo series and the 3 installment especially.

Diary of a Fanboy: Skullheart

Oh boy what do we have here? The Halo fanboy who cannot stand it when his beloved Halo is criticized. You can find a reason to bash any game, trust me Halo 3 is not perfect. Example: Some could say Halo 3's graphics are not much of an improvement over the last installment Halo 2. Also the gameplay has changed very little, especially notable in the multiplayer. The vehicle driving AI is retarded, driving off cliffs and killing teammates. I could go on.

Most people don't think Halo 3 sucks they just think that it is overrated which in my personal opinion is a completely legit argument.

The point is that you can find anything wrong with almost every game, so don't go calling people idiots for not enjoying Halo 3 because they do have reasons whether you like it or not.

Yeah, Halo is revolutionary for it to have such a huge fan base, let alone the ratings it's received from every game reviewer. If the game had the slightest chance of sucking, someone out there would have posted Halo's score much lower than it is now. SO you see, what some of you people (most *cough) don't speak with logic.

Revolutionary because of its fan base and scores? Wow this is a fanboyism at its very finest. A game shouldn't be judged by how many fans it has, but it should be determined if it is revolutionary by the aspects of the game itself. Grow up, look at things from an unbiased view.

Your half right when you say people hate it because it is hyped. They hate it just like you would hate it if everyone said Half Life 2 is the best FPS in existence. Your sick of Halo bashing and I'm sick of biased fan boys like you.

Backtothechoppa

First of all, I'm a PC gamer. I don't actually own an Xbox 360 or Halo 3. I have played and beaten Halo 3 on my friend's Xbox and I'm basing my opinion off that.

Secondly, you made a separate account just to yell at me. It shows your maturity and therefore revokes your right to speak in this thread.

Also just for everyone else:

Let me just lay down some quick facts about why Halo is a good game (which doesn't mean it's the game for you and/or me trying to get you to play or buy it).

1. The multiplayer. Because of the thousands to millions of Halo players, you can bet your ass there's always going to be a challenge or endless possibilities of making some friends.
2. I guess putting graphics here would be easy, so I'll just say that the single player campaign is intense and extremely challenging at many points throughout the game (on Legendary)
3. The storyline. I haven't seen such a well presented, epic science fiction storyline since Star Wars.
4. If you haven't heard the soundtrack yet, then be sure to listen to it on Thanksgiving, when it arrives in stores.
5. Last but not least, the recording system. Every minute of campaign you play, every online game, every split screen vs. action with your friends - your last 25 games are automatically saved in clips / videos so you may go back, rewind, fastfoward, freeze frame and also take a screen shot. It's nothing short of revolutionary, seeing how no other game has achieved what this game has with it's recording system. Even our PC games haven't developed a game that does that yet because Halo 3 is ahead of it's time when they put that in.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
well the ending was horrible and the MP is awful IMO. those are my only complaints about the game.