Halo 3: Amazing or overated?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HardcoreBunni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HardcoreBunni
Member since 2008 • 643 Posts

I think there are much better FPS on the 360. BioShock, Call of Duty, Perfect Dark Zero. I've played it and I've been trying to find out why everyone(including Gspot) believe it's Jesus Christ that has come down to Earth...

I was also looking at Gspot's review and they gave it a sticker-thing saying "great story". Great story? Master Chief is a rip-off of Samus Aran(Metroid), and the rest of the characters are really boring. It's a nice game, don't get me wrong, I'd give it an 8.5, but it's not THAT great.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I'd say it deserves an 8.5 as well. It's tons of fun to play online i never really liked the SP of halo. It's alright but was never that great although halo 1 was pretty good though. I love the coop and forge plus sticking your friend with a plasma is always fun. It's always been funner when you can just chat with friends and make them mad. I never really like random matches because there's too much racism and just well you know. It's a really fun game when playing with great pals.
Agger_Class

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Agger_Class
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

I don't think it is overrated. The reason i say this is because it is the best game on the 360 2 play with ur friends honestly no game holds a candle to halo 3 in this regard. Also what shooter out there on the 360 has 4 player co-op, arcade scoring, video replays, forge, custom game types and ways 2 share this with other players. The answer is none and this is why halo 3 is a very good game.

But this is just my opinion other people will have a different opinion

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
prefect dark zero?... hm... well, everyone can have an opinion... There are parts of the story in halo3 that I didn't like, but I still enjoyed it. The gameplay was still fun, destroying scarabs and seeing enormous ships then battling with an army of tanks was great...
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
amzing ;D
IAmLegend7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IAmLegend7
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

You do know that this topic has been beaten to death.... and the answer is.... NO ONE CARES!

Halo 3 came out a long time ago.... we have read everything that people have said about the game... many people have gotten flamed for posting opinions on the game... just close this topic right now and go enjoy the game!

Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Its overrated, but still a great game.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Overated. Very good game, but not great. If it supported 720p and up, it would have been great. That was the most disappointing thing about Halo 3. It's a Halo 2 clone, and I dont particularly enjoy the gun-play in Halo games.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
I don't know when a game reaches the overrated area but Halo 3 was an amazing game SP and MP.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Overated for sure I think they went down hill after Halo 1, Halo 2 was still very very fun though but I think they changed it way to much online for no reason and they screwed it up. If its not broken dont change it and Bungie knew more people liked Halo 1 but they still changed it even on there 3rd try and failed.
yetiboy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yetiboy15
Member since 2005 • 406 Posts
overrated COD4 is so much better
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
It's over-rated for sure, but it's still one of my favorite games of all time.
GamingThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 GamingThief
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts

You do know that this topic has been beaten to death.... and the answer is.... NO ONE CARES!

Halo 3 came out a long time ago.... we have read everything that people have said about the game... many people have gotten flamed for posting opinions on the game... just close this topic right now and go enjoy the game!

IAmLegend7

But i cant enjoy the game.

mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts
topics like this are overrated. Its all a matter of opinion, deal with it.
trw534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 trw534
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
i say it deserves a 9.5 outta 10
antonioGamer87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 antonioGamer87
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts
ok you dont like...like i care...i love it....i dont like call of duty 4....but you dont see me b5TCH about it...
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

the thing with halo is its a great game best game ever well you really cant say that about any game. The thing is its in the same boat vegas is its just more of the same i dont know what people expect they weren't just going to completely redo the halo formula so its feels like we have been playing the same thing forever and we have so people are starting to move on its still great though. The same thing is always gonna happen to games that are highly anticipated but dont completely reinvent themselves.

For example if cod5 comes out and it plays like just like cod4 but with some tweaks people are gonna be pissed but it will still be a good game

mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts

the thing with halo is its a great game best game ever well you really cant say that about any game. The thing is its in the same boat vegas is its just more of the same i dont know what people expect they weren't just going to completely redo the halo formula so its feels like we have been playing the same thing forever and we have so people are starting to move on its still great though. The same thing is always gonna happen to games that are highly anticipated but dont completely reinvent themselves.

For example if cod5 comes out and it plays like just like cod4 but with some tweaks people are gonna be pissed but it will still be a good game

Gen007

I know this isn't the point of your post, but COD5 is not made by IW... its made by the same people that made COD3... so its probably going to be a lot different(in a bad way)

nonpuddish69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 nonpuddish69
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts
Over-rated. I played it for awhile, then I got CoD 4, like many of my friends, and came to realize that Halo 3 might as well not even exist... I think when I have about 20 friends online, only one, if any, are on Halo 3. Guess everyone I know feels the same way...
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts
its good but overrated, i like it but its still completely overrated, look at it like this they have been working on it for 3 years plus, all that money put into it, all that time put into it and this is the best that they could offer, yeah overrated. that being said it was a fun campaign, too much like halo2 with prettier graphics on multiplayer, with the added on video and picture sharing... and armor customization. the music was better in halo2... the sound quality of the music was better in 3, and music creates most of the mood and atmosphere in a game, halo has always had outstanding music, and 3 did as well, just not as good as 2. but i think the game was and is over-rated... but i still own it, and play it from time to time. its a good game. just not near what it was hyped up to be.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
topics like this are overrated. Its all a matter of opinion, deal with it.mikel222222
isn't this the third or fourth topic today about this same subject. Is that all anyone does anymore? moan and complain about games they don't like. Are there any games people like anymore? looking at the forum, i'm starting to doubt it.
tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts
Its an amazing game, but its still overrated. Its great fun, with an amazing first time campaign, but its not been brought down from heaven. Thats put simply.
azorath44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 azorath44
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

I Master Chief is a rip-off of Samus Aran(Metroid)

HardcoreBunni

i never realized master cheif was a bounty hunter, who fights alone, and is focused on puzzles and upgrading herself to get to the next spot. it'slike saying a charater from rainbow six vagas is like one of cod, yes thier both on earth and they shoot guns ( vice versa both in space) but thats all they have in common.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11785 Posts
[QUOTE="HardcoreBunni"]

I Master Chief is a rip-off of Samus Aran(Metroid)

azorath44

i never realized master cheif was a bounty hunter, who fights alone, and is focused on puzzles and upgrading herself to get to the next spot. it'slike saying a charater from rainbow six vagas is like one of cod, yes thier both on earth and they shoot guns ( vice versa both in space) but thats all they have in common.

if you think master chief is a rip off of samus, then i guess samus is a rip off of robocop

fallenlasciel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fallenlasciel
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
[QUOTE="mikel222222"]topics like this are overrated. Its all a matter of opinion, deal with it.tgschmidt
isn't this the third or fourth topic today about this same subject. Is that all anyone does anymore? moan and complain about games they don't like. Are there any games people like anymore? looking at the forum, i'm starting to doubt it.

so true my brotha, these peeps need to GET A LIFE!
ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
halo1-2 was amzing, 3 is a joke.
Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
I don't even see how anyone can say Chief is a rip-off of Samus Aran. Chief is a guy, Samus is a girl, Chief is a warrior who also happens to work with Marines at stopping an alien invasion and the flood. What are you smoking? I want some.
Ed_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ed_The_Great
Member since 2008 • 193 Posts
It's definitely not underrated and I do agreed,Bioshock and Call of Duty to me are by far my favorites.Halo 3 was not a bad game,I just didn't like it as much as other people like it.Mine came as a bundle and after I'd beated it,I'd traded it in for Call of Duty 4.Halo 3 is an 8.5 to me and Call of Duty 4 is a 10.
rufnek69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rufnek69
Member since 2003 • 144 Posts

LOL how is Master Chief a rip off of Samus Aran in Metroid?

Samus is a chick first and foremost and her outfit isn't even green!

I hate Halo. But heres a news flash: Master Chief is a rip off of the original Doom guy. and one of the popular deathmatch maps is a direct rip off from Jedi Academy.

Realm_of_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Realm_of_Mania
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

Halo 3 is very overrated. There are much better FPS's out there, Halo 3 only sold on name recognition alone....look how many years Halo 2 was played online...COD4 (which in my opinion another trash game) has destroyed Halo 3 online wise. The other Halo's were decent games, Halo 3 was rushed way to short, and graphically looks like Halo 2.5.

Just my opinion but Halo 3 is anything but amazing. I'm glad there wont be a Halo 4

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
average. i think its pretty average but its still fun at times.
firebird0184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 firebird0184
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Okay, You have an opinion of your very own, good for you. But keep in mind that there are many more people that think halo 3 is awesome than there are who think its 'just okay', like you people. .
Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts

meh the game is a 8.5, but thats about it....its a okay game, the previous were better because they were unique for the xbox but halo 3 is weak after playing for a couple weeks

Avatar image for tunasandwich395
tunasandwich395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tunasandwich395
Member since 2006 • 996 Posts
I like it, but I like C0D4 a little bit better
ACMCEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ACMCEAR
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
Personally i do enjoy halo 3 a lot and about the samus thing u rlly need to play super metroid, metroid prime, echoes and prime 3 and you will realize it doesnt have to do anything at all.....but anyway u can have ur opinion, personally story wise and single player yes bioshock is better, but in multiplayer i do prefer halo than perfect dark and call of duty....but well the again its just my opinion
olpfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 olpfan
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts

Campaign - Amazing

Multiplayer - overrated

Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts

topics like this are overrated. Its all a matter of opinion, deal with it.mikel222222

I agree.

jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
I would say it is a tad overrated, but it's still a very good game. I would definitely put it above Perfect Dark Zero.
kintzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 kintzer
Member since 2003 • 806 Posts
I think it's amazing. Even amazing games, however, can be overrated. Although the game was still what I would consider amazing, it was still overrated. The hype was enormous. I was half expecting it to change the flow of gaming as I knew it. I thought it was going to stand gaming on its head. Sadly, it didn't. It was still an amazing game though.
StEvEnThEdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StEvEnThEdOn
Member since 2007 • 114 Posts
its an amazing overated game
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#41 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
It's an amazing game overtaed by some claiming it to be the best game/FPS ever, it's my favorite FPS this gen though.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
[QUOTE="Gen007"]

mikel222222

I know this isn't the point of your post, but COD5 is not made by IW... its made by the same people that made COD3... so its probably going to be a lot different(in a bad way)

yeah i know was just trying to use it as an example because the cod franchise is reaching that poing where everyone loves it and thinks its the best thing on earth, i see it ending up just like halo when the next real one(cod6) comes out

xsalvioutlawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xsalvioutlawx
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts

I liked Halo 3. The fact that I can keep going back to it and playing it again and again and again, even if it's the multiplayer or the single player makes it a good game imo.

People need to stop comparing this game to other games because there isn't any other type of game like it. Call of duty 4 is a whole completely different game in which they both have their flaws.

I would rate it a 9/10, It keeps me entertained and that's all that matters to me.

BTW, I laughed at Perfect Dark Zero comparison? You high?

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#44 MrYates808
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
reviewed. Halo 3 gotta 3 out of 10 "IMO". nothing to see nor do. F.E.A.R was more enjoyable
Avatar image for NOWHEREFADED120
NOWHEREFADED120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NOWHEREFADED120
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
amazing.
kambion313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kambion313
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts

I think there are much better FPS on the 360. BioShock, Call of Duty, Perfect Dark Zero. I've played it and I've been trying to find out why everyone(including Gspot) believe it's Jesus Christ that has come down to Earth...

I was also looking at Gspot's review and they gave it a sticker-thing saying "great story". Great story? Master Chief is a rip-off of Samus Aran(Metroid), and the rest of the characters are really boring. It's a nice game, don't get me wrong, I'd give it an 8.5, but it's not THAT great.

HardcoreBunni

The only amazing Halo was the first one, the other 2 were soft sequels oriented towards multiplayer, and making money...there are better fps for 360, you're right, (you forgott Half life 2, but thats okay....kinda) and halo 3 isnt even the most played 360 game online...CoD4 is.

My complaints of Halo 3s campaign mode are many. The game seems to lose its flow. Halo 2, even if soft, seemed like a logical progression...Halo 3 did not. The reason for this was weird design decisions. They got rid of the Elites because now "the elites are on our side". But thats dumb! Those were the enemies that made the first Halo great. There was nothing more challanging OR fun, than taking on a group of varied elites in Halo 1, OR Halo 2...and they just wrote them out for some reason. Why? TO FIT THE GAMEPLAY AROUND A BAD STORY!!!! In fact, the story is so bad, the Elites could have been writen in as an oposing faction to the chiefs allies, and no one whould have thought it unnatural, in the vague Halo universe. What kind of crap is that? What if Nintendo took Bowser out of the gameplay because of some stupid plot device...(like them teaming up) yeah...try it...IT WHOULDNT BE MARIO!! (mario 2 wasnt mario for the record). so halo 3 sucks...i played through the campaign, and ill never play it again...ever!

so in my opinion, the campaign mode in halo gets a 1...yup...a 1.... the multiplayer gets a 9 , and the game itself, gets a 0 or having rabid fans that border on obsesed and the media calling this the halo generation, that insults "snobs" like me that like good games and don't buy every FPS that comes out.

PEACE

HardcoreBunni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 HardcoreBunni
Member since 2008 • 643 Posts
[QUOTE="HardcoreBunni"]

kambion313

so in my opinion, the campaign mode in halo gets a 1...yup...a 1.... the multiplayer gets a 9 , and the game itself, gets a 0 or having rabid fans that border on obsesed and the media calling this the halo generation, that insults "snobs" like me that like good games and don't buy every FPS that comes out.

Exactly, that's what I mean! Halo generation? I was reading MAD a while ago and they had a couple of strips about Halo. Why is Master Chief such a big part of our life? By the way when I said "samus aran rip-off" some people got p****d so I'll take that back.But you have to admit that the plot is bull**** and undeserving of the "Great Story" stamp.

the360chosen1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 the360chosen1
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
way too overated its alright nothing special though bioshock is far superior. i would give halo 3 a 7.0
ziproy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ziproy
Member since 2007 • 942 Posts

It's the fourth best FPS on the XBOX and that's because there are only four FPS's worth mentioning. Bioshock is third, CoD 4 is second (just because I don't play online, I judge on single player), and first is HALF-LIFE 2 and episodes. I thought HALO was run of the mill at best, but it's okay if you play with friends.

ps. And yes it is incredibly over rated, I also agree with the 8.5 score.

-_ZERO_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -_ZERO_-
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I Think You Have A Great Point The Game Is Good But Its Basically The Same **** As All The Other Halo Games. I've Played Bioshock, Call Of Duty, And Perfect Dark Zero There All Great Games And They All Have Different Things That Make Them Alot Different From Halo.