GOW graphics are much better than Halo 3 (i have both game) UPDATE

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingofrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kingofrome
Member since 2006 • 49 Posts

EDIT:lollll, i see the haters are trying to bash my spelling, well a LATINO WITH ONLY 1 1/2 LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY i think i'm doing really good. if u read and actually understand all that i wrote then my english classes are paying off. i'm 27 but i do know alot about games, i have been playing games since ATARI before alot of u were born.

someone metion HALO 3 with AA problem. well it does have alot of AA problems, a lot of times i was checking my lcd tv to see if the resolution went down to 640x480 with alot of jaggies, but it was alright. it doesn't take away from the game but it was notieceable.

u could talk all u want but most of you have only seen videos or played the beta multiplayers. i own both games, finished GOW and i'm on the 3 level on Halo 3. i already posted about halo 3 not been so great and i can't wait for you guys to play it. u'll see that the long wait was not worth it (judging from the first 3 level). The gameplay HAS NOT CHANGE AT ALL. the game suffer from some slowdown here and there and the indoor level look like halo 1 seriously. i'm laughing right now cause i know u might think i'm a 360 hater (i own 2 360 with 34 games) or that i don't have halo 3 (which i do and i don't need to post pictures to proof the haters). but halo 3 graphics are not bad but disapointed compare to gears. no motion capture what so ever, all characters including masterchief move like robots. the outside level have GREAT LIGHTING but somehow everything looks plain with a few enemies here and there, also the plain terrain. the water looks really nice. u might say that GOW color look muddy and all, but sorry HALO canno touch GOW graphics in detail,

ok this is for the none believers. lol. The first level is after masterchief crash, the rebel are in the forest. it only give u the tutorial to look up and down. u have to figure out how to jump, change weapon, throw bomb, etc. u go in to the forest and around some caves, after u get to a base which u find the sniper gun. from there u find another base full of enemies, and really powerfull. and u rescue some of the other rebel members. 2 big enemies ships start attacking all of you, u hang around a while and one of the rescue ship take them out with missiles and rescue u. u get into the ship and they take u to the main base in the forest

2 level. u are in the rebells facility and the enemies is trying to get into the base, u also have a bomb which u need to arm, your odjective is to clean out all the evacuation lines. there're some hard to kill flies, like 50 of them, but the problem is that u don't have a lock on system and they move really fast.

3 third level is the level u problably has seen which the guy at the show plays for 18 minutes, driving the jeep.

any question feel free. i will not spoile the story line.

UPDATE: i will not go into detail about the other level because i DO NOT WANT TO SPOIL ANTHING. but let me tell u this, after the third level, HALO 3 becomes ENTIRE NEW GAME. the graphics make a big jump i was shock (GOW,bioshock, quality graphics but with MUCH BETTER LIGHTING EFFECT, got it love the blue lighting). The levels become LARGER THAN LIFE. the battles (specially with the walking spiders, yess i said SPIDERS more than 1) are breathtaking. right now i'm really enjoying the game is much better than what i expecte. This is something u might find amazing, there's one level (i will not mention or describe which) but if u go on foot and do not jump on a vehicle is probably gonna take a few hours to walk from one end to the other, yeahhh is that big. well i stop in a major of a big battle because my 360 froze, it was running hot. but today i will keep playing.

Brettheman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Brettheman12
Member since 2007 • 149 Posts
I love Halo's art, and graphics. I think more peope might consider your opinion more if you used better grammar, and english constants. I doubt anything in Halo 3 will look like Halo:CE in terms of graphics. 
elmafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 elmafia
Member since 2003 • 1490 Posts
I disagree, I own both aswell. and the graphics in halo 3are amazing. check out a saved film andzoom in on some stuff, the textures are amazingly detailed. imo halo 3 is one of the best looking games on 360 right now. and a hell of a lot more fun than gears
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

I agree with the OP. Halo 3 is a good game, but it not that spectacular. GoW had better graphics and better sound in my book. Really, the only thing that Halo 3 has going for it is it's religious following. I do however like Halo 3's online better then GoW, though the end of the day, I would rather play MP on my PC rather then on XBL. 8.5/10 imo.

... and yes, I beat it last night on heroic.

Avatar image for SempiternalFett
SempiternalFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SempiternalFett
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
Maybe I'll consider what you have to offer when you actually beat the game.
Brettheman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Brettheman12

rimnet00

Jeez, how does everyone have Halo 3 already?
banunn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 banunn1
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
WHats your gamertag... prove that you have played both.
Brettheman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Brettheman12
[QUOTE="Brettheman12"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]

rimnet00

:)

Lucky man. You got connections?
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
Meh,Halo 3 looks a lot more vibrant and beautiful.And so ****in' what? Yeah,it might edge out Halo in graphics,but Halo has so much more stuff to do than in Gears...and it's a hell of a lot more fun.Graphics don't make a game.
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts
Cna you tell me if the single player campaign has AA to smooth edges, so that tree leaves are not jagged and pixelated, or the grass shrubs? And do textures stay sharp on the ground 10+ in the distance, or do they wash out?

Basically, does it look this with jagged edges with AA, and washed out textures like on the ground with no AF:
http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2007/261/926632_20070919_screen001.jpg

OR does it looks like this, with smooth AA edges and sharper detail at extreme angles on textures such as the ground with AF:
http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2007/261/926632_20070919_screen002.jpg

And those screenshots are side by side in the most recent gallery updates. So it's really confusing which is it. If it's like the better 2nd picture, I think it looks amazing, if it's like the first pic, then it really looks so so.
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TimothyB

HOW DO PPL GET THE WHEN IT NOT OUTjonathanTR1985

The stores still get their shipment early sometimes and stores mess ups, employee mistakes, website errors, or they just don't care and sell it early.

dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts

[QUOTE="banunn1"]WHats your gamertag... prove that you have played both.magicalclick

Yeah, no need to defend if we can simplyinclude the gamer tag. An account of 19 posts hardly make it trust worthy.

Why don't you guys just look at rimnet00's sig? H3 is right there in front and he shares teh same opinion as OP. This isn't really surprising to me. I can imagine that XBL freaks will love the MP because it's halo, but I couldn't really care less about the SP aspect of this game. It still looks the same (artistically), looks like it will play the same...all more of the same. I'll definitely rent it just to finish the campaign, but that's it. There are so many other original games coming out in the near future that H3 is barely a blip on my radar.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rimnet00

Cna you tell me if the single player campaign has AA to smooth edges, so that tree leaves are not jagged and pixelated, or the grass shrubs? And do textures stay sharp on the ground 10+ in the distance, or do they wash out?

Basically, does it look this with jagged edges with AA, and washed out textures like on the ground with no AF:
http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2007/261/926632_20070919_screen001.jpg

OR does it looks like this, with smooth AA edges and sharper detail at extreme angles on textures such as the ground with AF:
http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2007/261/926632_20070919_screen002.jpg

And those screenshots are side by side in the most recent gallery updates. So it's really confusing which is it. If it's like the better 2nd picture, I think it looks amazing, if it's like the first pic, then it really looks so so.TimothyB

Those pictures at first look like they are from the same source, wierd. However, to answer you question, Halo 3 does have aliasing problems. Yes, the shrubs and trees look aliased at times, and even some objects in the game. However, it isn't very noticable after you get into the game.

However, there are some really awful textures at times. Some that are noticably bad, mostly in areas where you arn't supposed to spend too much time in, I.E. levels where you are driving around in.

To me, the first picture is how the game actually looks.

TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TimothyB
Well that's a bummer. They've been showing such refined images from the very start, and because of the graphics quality looking simple I figured they had the performance left to do AA and AF to get images like that. Only recently do they release batches of screenshots with both looking refined, and some looking crappy. Why do they have to lie like that, what's the point of making the game look better than it is with near every still they've shown?
dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts
Well that's a bummer. They've been showing such refined images from the very start, and because of the graphics quality looking simple I figured they had the performance left to do AA and AF to get images like that. Only recently do they release batches of screenshots with both looking refined, and some looking crappy. Why do they have to lie like that, what's the point of making the game look better than it is with near every still they've shown?TimothyB
Does it surprise you after seeing the beta pics? If you ignore the fanboys saying Bungie could completely overhaul the engine in the couple months they had before release, it's pretty obvious that the graphics weren't gonna get much better.
Avatar image for rainydayreality
rainydayreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 rainydayreality
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts
Hey Mr. "beat it on legendary" you have 2 acheivments. i have never seen a game give out only 2 when fully beat on highest difficulty. maybe some more achievments and then you can talk? i think so :D
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
I think we already knew that geowgraphics are better than halo3 but im not really sure about the gameplay
rainydayreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rainydayreality
sorry, heroic
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rimnet00
Hey Mr. "beat it on legendary" you have 2 acheivments. i have never seen a game give out only 2 when fully beat on highest difficulty. maybe some more achievments and then you can talk? i think so :Drainydayreality

Are you talking to me? I said I beat it on heroic. Secondly, I didn't go online since Wednesday because I have had cable problems. It's actually quite pathetic I have to show more proof. Whats next, "prove it's my gamertag". Hah
rainydayreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rainydayreality
i say everyone should just keep info to thier selves until ceveryone can get thier hands on it instead of hearing from other people about it, do you have an hdtv, j/w
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
Don't be a hater, GOW sucks.Mostly in gameplay, but the graphics were good. Who cares.
Avatar image for CrazyGaminFilip
CrazyGaminFilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CrazyGaminFilip
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts
go to hell gow sucks after u beat it a hundred times!
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rimnet00

i say everyone should just keep info to thier selves until ceveryone can get thier hands on it instead of hearing from other people about it, do you have an hdtv, j/wrainydayreality

I have a Samsung 4071F (best hd lcd out right now) and dolby digital 5.1 speakers. No, I'm not basing this on having it connected to a SD ;) I'm sorry man, I know its hard to hear what I am saying. Heck, I totally thought this game would be great too, but was disappointed. The game is still great, however it's also nothing special either.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts
[QUOTE="rimnet00"]

Brettheman12

lol download it...i have it
Halo2Marine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Halo2Marine
Member since 2004 • 167 Posts

Based on your spelling and grammar skills I would say that you are a PS3 fanboy 12 year old that owns neither of the games and is just coming to the 360 forum to get attention.

I would post an insulting link but I am a better person than that.

P.S. ^^the above statement is false.

hordaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hordaak
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

u could talk all u want but most of you have only seen videos or played the beta multiplayers. i own both games, finished GOW and i'm on the 3 level on Halo 3. i already posted about halo 3 not been so great and i can't wait for you guys to play it. u'll see that the long wait was not worth it (judging from the first 3 level). The gameplay HAS NOT CHANGE AT ALL. the game suffer from some slowdown here and there and the indoor level look like halo 1 seriously. i'm laughing right now cause i know u might think i'm a 360 hater (i own 2 360 with 34 games) or that i don't have halo 3 (which i do and i don't need to post pictures to proof the haters). but halo 3 graphics are not bad but disapointed compare to gears. no motion capture what so ever, all characters including masterchief move like robots. the outside level have GREAT LIGHTING but somehow everything looks plain with a few enemies here and there, also the plain terrain. the water looks really nice. u might say that GOW color look muddy and all, but sorry HALO canno touch GOW graphics in detail,

ok this is for the none believers. lol. The first level is after masterchief crash, the rebel are in the forest. it only give u the tutorial to look up and down. u have to figure out how to jump, change weapon, throw bomb, etc. u go in to the forest and around some caves, after u get to a base which u find the sniper gun. from there u find another base full of enemies, and really powerfull. and u rescue some of the other rebel members. 2 big enemies ships start attacking all of you, u hang around a while and one of the rescue ship take them out with missiles and rescue u. u get into the ship and they take u to the main base in the forest

2 level. u are in the rebells facility and the enemies is trying to get into the base, u also have a bomb which u need to arm, your odjective is to clean out all the evacuation lines. there're some hard to kill flies, like 50 of them, but the problem is that u don't have a lock on system and they move really fast.

3 third level is the level u problably has seen which the guy at the show plays for 18 minutes, driving the jeep.

any question feel free. i will not spoile the story line.

Yes I have Question. Why you no spell good?

kingofrome
rainydayreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rainydayreality
ok man, sorry for hating. still gunna wait til i get my hands on it to belive anything tho ;)
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts

ok this is for the none believers. lol.

kingofrome

i didnt lol.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Based on your spelling and grammar skills I would say that you are a PS3 fanboy 12 year old that owns neither of the games and is just coming to the 360 forum to get attention.

Halo2Marine

Right on the spot

Halo2Marine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Halo2Marine
Member since 2004 • 167 Posts
[QUOTE="Halo2Marine"]

SouL-Tak3R

Right on the spot

Thank you SouL-Tak3r.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts

Halo2Marine
I strongly agree:D
FLzthvikings87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FLzthvikings87
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts

i say everyone should just keep info to thier selves until ceveryone can get thier hands on it instead of hearing from other people about it, do you have an hdtv, j/wrainydayreality

why should they have to keep it to themselves? if they want to share it they can, you can just not read this forum, and stop defending a game you haven't played yet.

secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts

I agree with the OP. Halo 3 is a good game, but it not that spectacular. GoW had better graphics and better sound in my book. Really, the only thing that Halo 3 has going for it is it's religious following. I do however like Halo 3's online better then GoW, though the end of the day, I would rather play MP on my PC rather then on XBL. 8.5/10 imo.

rimnet00

I guess that why ur 360 profile says u beat it on legendary then...oh wait I forgot u beat it on some one elses profile...right

Avatar image for SMASHED_ASPHALT
SMASHED_ASPHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SMASHED_ASPHALT
Member since 2007 • 1777 Posts
I still play Halo 1 & 2 on my 360 and you know the graphics aredefinitely going to be even better this-gen. I like the gameplay more than anything else which is why I still play 1 & 2 so it doesn't matter that much too me about graphics, as long as they are better and will be, I don't care.
Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

[QUOTE="rainydayreality"]i say everyone should just keep info to thier selves until ceveryone can get thier hands on it instead of hearing from other people about it, do you have an hdtv, j/wrimnet00

I have a Samsung 4071F (best hd lcd out right now) and dolby digital 5.1 speakers. No, I'm not basing this on having it connected to a SD ;) I'm sorry man, I know its hard to hear what I am saying. Heck, I totally thought this game would be great too, but was disappointed. The game is still great, however it's also nothing special either.

I swear I'm feeling Halo 2 dejavu. I remember when Halo 2 was coming out, a few months before I made this account (notice Brutal (Brute) and Elite), and people were saying that the campaign was nothing special...and they were right. MP is nice and fine, but didn't they have two teams working on each, the larger of the two on SP. Didn't they expand their team two-fold or something? Haven't they been working on this for 3 years? If the case is that Halo 3 has a good (keyword good) SP, then Halo truly is overrated. I'm still going to get it and judge for myself but I feel disappointment on the horizon.

Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts

I disagree, I own both aswell. and the graphics in halo 3are amazing. check out a saved film andzoom in on some stuff, the textures are amazingly detailed. imo halo 3 is one of the best looking games on 360 right now. and a hell of a lot more fun than gearselmafia

Yea im also one of the lucky few who got to pick up the game a few days early (the guy at 7 eleven=idiot). I played through the first level with a friend last nite and we both agreed that the graphics turned out to be a lot better than we were expecting. lighting is really nice throughout and some areas in the first level looked REALLY good.

i think it looks better than gears...but then again i like the art style better in H3

generalmyke74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 generalmyke74
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts

[QUOTE="rainydayreality"]i say everyone should just keep info to thier selves until ceveryone can get thier hands on it instead of hearing from other people about it, do you have an hdtv, j/wrimnet00

send me a picture on the 360 camera with that gamertag of your tv with halo 3 in it if you can do that send me a message of any kinda to my gamertag General Myke because i think thats not you gamertag and your lieng just must of wasted your life to find a tag with halo 3 on it and say its you until you proove thats you then il belive you.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rimnet00
[QUOTE="rimnet00"]

secondomen

I guess that why ur 360 profile says u beat it on legendary then...oh wait I forgot u beat it on some one elses profile...right

Who said I beat it on legendary. I beat it on heroic. For God's sake read the entire thread before bantering your fanboyish comments. If you had thread the post, you would realize that I have had internet issues since wednesday, which hasn't allowed me to connect to live since then. Go ahead, check when the last time I have been online with XBL was.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rimnet00

send me a picture on the 360 camera with that gamertag of your tv with halo 3 in it if you can do that send me a message of any kinda to my gamertag General Myke because i think thats not you gamertag and your lieng just must of wasted your life to find a tag with halo 3 on it and say its you until you proove thats you then il belive you.generalmyke74

Wow. This is very amusing. I dont have a 360 comera. I am also not at home, I'm at work right now, and by no means am I going to take out a digital camera and take pictures to prove that I have this game. Plenty of people on these boards know that this is my gamertag. In fact, just to prove it... i'll log onto xboxlive.com and message you from there. Anyone else want to claim I am stealing the gamertag, please post your gametag here and ill msg you.

generalmyke74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 generalmyke74
[QUOTE="secondomen"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]

rimnet00

Who said I beat it on legendary. I beat it on heroic. For God's sake read the entire thread before bantering your fanboyish comments. If you had thread the post, you would realize that I have had internet issues since wednesday, which hasn't allowed me to connect to live since then. Go ahead, check when the last time I have been online with XBL was.

you have 40 points on halo 3 but on xbox. com you have 0
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

[QUOTE="rimnet00"][QUOTE="rainydayreality"]Hey Mr. "beat it on legendary" you have 2 acheivments. i have never seen a game give out only 2 when fully beat on highest difficulty. maybe some more achievments and then you can talk? i think so :Dsecondomen

Are you talking to me? I said I beat it on heroic. Secondly, I didn't go online since Wednesday because I have had cable problems. It's actually quite pathetic I have to show more proof. Whats next, "prove it's my gamertag". Hah

Whats more pathetic? Ppl calling out ppl who are full of BS, or the ppl BSing to boost the e-persona? Maybe be a lil more humble and you wouldnt look like such a asshat.

Wow, you people are over-reacting. Why can't you just believe that he has played it already? I got Halo 2 a few days early.

generalmyke74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 generalmyke74

[QUOTE="generalmyke74"]send me a picture on the 360 camera with that gamertag of your tv with halo 3 in it if you can do that send me a message of any kinda to my gamertag General Myke because i think thats not you gamertag and your lieng just must of wasted your life to find a tag with halo 3 on it and say its you until you proove thats you then il belive you.rimnet00

Wow. This is very amusing. I dont have a 360 comera. I am also not at home, I'm at work right now, and by no means am I going to take out a digital camera and take pictures to prove that I have this game. Plenty of people on these boards know that this is my gamertag. In fact, just to prove it... i'll log onto xboxlive.com and message you from there. Anyone else want to claim I am stealing the gamertag, please post your gametag here and ill msg you.

um where is the message or u having a hard time figuring out your password?