GH3...not worth my 100 bucks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
Just wanted to throw my opinion in here for those considering the purchase...first, I went through 3 different guitars before I got one that worked. Also, the HUGE gap between normal and hard is, well, HUGE!! The first few songs were fun for me on Hard, but by the time I beat hard I had such a struggle just to pass the last song that is SUCKED the fun out of the game. I don't think this game is worth the hundred bucks I spent on it. If anybody wants my game, let me know and you can buy it off of me. lol, it's just frustrating because it's not fun on normal, and hard is like the end of GH2 on expert. There is no sweet spot for those better than normal but not geeky enouh to spend an absurd amount of time on it. If you are on the edge, I'd say not to get it. PS: as this is JUST MY OPINION, try not to flame and just let people read it.
PigJiggin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PigJiggin
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts
I had the same problem with Guitar Hero 2, because of which I haven't played in over 2 months. Anyone want to buy it off of me? It's in mint condition.
bxgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 bxgt
Member since 2006 • 3035 Posts
i had the same problem but through practice i was playing expert.Just keep playing song on medium, try to get five stars on all of them and you will see that your hand will be faster.
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Yeah I agree. Its too hard. MAybe they should have added another difficulty lvl between normal and hard
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
does it still use the same rating system: easy, medium, hard, expert?    ....   the games are getting progressively harder.     GH2 was harder than GH and now i guess GH3 is harder than GH2...
I never beat guitar hero 2 on hard.    towards the end it was just too much for me and i don't have the time to dedicate to it.
Aura_Twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Aura_Twilight
Member since 2005 • 3212 Posts
just keep playing I got to expert after practice.
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
i dont think its worth it simply because the guitar is badly built and it seems like the same game. hope for rockband!
donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 donny666
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts
I wonder, with all the work put into beating GH on hard and expert might it be possible to just learn to play a real guitar? Which seems would be more fulfilling anyway...
Tman311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 Tman311
Member since 2003 • 170 Posts
I wonder, with all the work put into beating GH on hard and expert might it be possible to just learn to play a real guitar? Which seems would be more fulfilling anyway...donny666
There always has to be some **** who says something like this. I play both guitar hero and real guitar and they are both fun in their own way. They both feel rewarding whether you either beat expert on GH or find a cool new riff to play on your real guitar. Everyone just needs to stop comparing the two and enjoy both for what they are.
haloman92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 haloman92
Member since 2005 • 2094 Posts

its is worth the 100 bucks, multiplayer, try it...

Also just keep practicing and youll eventually beat it, i remember when i couldnt beat one song on expet in GH2, now i beat it

crazychris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 crazychris
Member since 2003 • 1420 Posts
you guys are noobs the game is not hard. it just takes time to get good.
JThomas0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JThomas0000
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts

GH3... meh.

Kinda hard for me to feel good about the 90 bucks I dropped on it, when I beat Jordan on Expert back in GH2, and got One on the first try, but Raining Blood is making me turn emo.

donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 donny666

[QUOTE="donny666"]I wonder, with all the work put into beating GH on hard and expert might it be possible to just learn to play a real guitar? Which seems would be more fulfilling anyway...Tman311
There always has to be some **** who says something like this. I play both guitar hero and real guitar and they are both fun in their own way. They both feel rewarding whether you either beat expert on GH or find a cool new riff to play on your real guitar. Everyone just needs to stop comparing the two and enjoy both for what they are.

Whoa whoa whoa, whats with the tud dude? ... I merely posed a question about the way one spends ones time. No need to get all premenstrual on me. It isn't comparing the two. Though, arn't that dissimilar from one another. If you can be good at one you have some basic ability to be good at the other. Being able to play the guitar can have some application in life. GH is just another videogame though. I mean, the costs are similar as are the time investments. GuyA spends a month learning the basics of playing the guitar, guy B spends a month mastering Expert in GH. It just seems (to me at least, and I am curious as to whether or not others share my opinion hence the question) that guy A made out better with the months devotions.

xAgentXBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xAgentXBC
Member since 2004 • 71 Posts

So GH3 is not for you. But I got it and love it. I play until my fingers bleed. I don't play it to beat the game, I just want to play the song. I bought a real guitar a long time ago and the experience was meh. I sucked, the music coming from the instrument sucked. I wasn't motivated. I put it down.

GH3 is a lot easier to learn in the beginning. Is fun. It teaches rythm better then following a video or recording. I might even dust off that old guitar. Playing the real guitar just takes dexterity and rythm. So yeah if you can play on expert, you got what it takes to play. But do you want to? You have to practice a lot and you will mess up a lot. IMO the real guitar played by a mediocre player like me is far better then the expert at the GH game.

egraves7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 egraves7
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts
Amen. That's like saying it would be more satisfying to kill your neighbors than to play an FPS.
egraves7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 egraves7
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts
"There always has to be some **** who says something like this. I play both guitar hero and real guitar and they are both fun in their own way. They both feel rewarding whether you either beat expert on GH or find a cool new riff to play on your real guitar. Everyone just needs to stop comparing the two and enjoy both for what they are." (I was trying to reply to this message:)
donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 donny666

Amen. That's like saying it would be more satisfying to kill your neighbors than to play an FPS.egraves7

No, because thatwould be psychotic.You might fantasise about blowing away the people you know but mostpeopleplay a FPS for a griping sense of action that can be hard to achieve in real life. For instance one could achieve the same thing by playing Paintball, one reason you might not is the prohibitive cost of playing Paintball on a regular basis.

It costs $100 to buy this game fresh out of the box, you can get a starter guitar for the same price, orclose to it.

ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
classic! lol
Tman311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 Tman311
Member since 2003 • 170 Posts

[QUOTE="Tman311"][QUOTE="donny666"]I wonder, with all the work put into beating GH on hard and expert might it be possible to just learn to play a real guitar? Which seems would be more fulfilling anyway...donny666

Whoa whoa whoa, whats with the tud dude? ... I merely posed a question about the way one spends ones time. No need to get all premenstrual on me. It isn't comparing the two. Though, arn't that dissimilar from one another. If you can be good at one you have some basic ability to be good at the other. Being able to play the guitar can have some application in life. GH is just another videogame though. I mean, the costs are similar as are the time investments. GuyA spends a month learning the basics of playing the guitar, guy B spends a month mastering Expert in GH. It just seems (to me at least, and I am curious as to whether or not others share my opinion hence the question) that guy A made out better with the months devotions.

I didn't mean to get on your case... and I'm sorry if I made you cry. Anyways a month of playing a six string can't make you band material, plus paying for all of those lessons could put you on the street corner asking people if they want a little taste of what you got. GH in the short run is more rewarding. If you play it for a month you could probably get up to expert. But I agree with you playing a guitar makes you feel like you have accomplished something. Plus with a guitar you can do stuff like serenade a lady friend or join a metal band and enslave the world.

langer25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 langer25
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts
i think it looks dumb to sit in front of a tv with a fake guitar....
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i'm not getting gh3, i got 1 that guitar broke then 2 came out i got that so i have 2 guitars then 1 broke again. i don't play it.