Getting 250GB Xbox Slim....tranfering data from 20GB Hard Drive possible?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts

Hey everybody. Tomorrow I am deciding to buy a Xbox 360 250GB. I already have an Xbox 360 20GB which I bought 4 years ago. So my question is if it is possible to transfer my data on my 20GB Hard Drive to the new 250GB Hard Drive? I have a USB stick, but it is 8GB unfortunately. 8GB is not enough memory to transfer my old data. I've heard something about a transfer cable, but it costs money. Can there be another way around this?

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

Hey everybody. Tomorrow I am deciding to buy a Xbox 360 250GB. I already have an Xbox 360 20GB which I bought 4 years ago. So my question is if it is possible to transfer my data on my 20GB Hard Drive to the new 250GB Hard Drive? I have a USB stick, but it is 8GB unfortunately. 8GB is not enough memory to transfer my old data. I've heard something about a transfer cable, but it costs money. Can there be another way around this?

PlzDuntBanMe
No, you have to buy the transfer kit. i hear you can buy them for like 10 bucks on ebay.
watup962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 watup962
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts
[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="PlzDuntBanMe"]

No, you have to buy the transfer kit. i hear you can buy them for like 10 bucks on ebay.

That's completely 100% false. I just migrated from a dying 20Gb to a 250gb last week. All you need is a usb drive and you can move your data. You can move it in pieces if you have to.
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
[QUOTE="watup962"][QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="PlzDuntBanMe"]

That's completely 100% false. I just migrated from a dying 20Gb to a 250gb last week. All you need is a usb drive and you can move your data. You can move it in pieces if you have to.

Perfect. Just the answer I needed, quick and fast. Thank you guys very much!
Avatar image for Dracolich_Titan
Dracolich_Titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dracolich_Titan
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts
Good deal. I was just wondering about this too. I was a little worried about using a flash drive because I don't want to lose my game saves or gamerscore.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I purchased a used "transfer kit" from Gamestop a couple months ago. The guy there told me that I could even return it for a full refund when I was done... you can always go that route.