Gears Of War V.S. Halo 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jdubs0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jdubs0404
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Yeah we all know that there will be a gears 2 and that halo 3 is coming out, so how do you think that gears will hold up against the mighty series of Halo
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
why do people always try to compare these two games that are so completely different?
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
they compare them because they are the 2 big XBOX franchises.
KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
how about we wait tell both are out on the market aye? gears got boring very fast, online was a drag and pop and shoot games tend to lose there grip fast, so i wouldn't expect much from Gow 2when if/it finally comes out in 3 years.
dbrownick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 dbrownick
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
These two games are the worst ones to compare to each other. Two completly different games, FPS and TPS.
danharr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 danharr
Member since 2005 • 234 Posts
Gears will never be better than Halo lets face it Gears is fun and visually stunning but do you really want to suffer through the bugs again?  Also the run and gun aspect of Halo is much better than the stop and pop of gears.
menduco76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 menduco76
Member since 2006 • 650 Posts

Gears will never be better than Halo lets face it Gears is fun and visually stunning but do you really want to suffer through the bugs again? Also the run and gun aspect of Halo is much better than the stop and pop of gears.danharr

That is a matter of opinion.  I HATE run and gun games.  In fact, before I ever played a game that had a cover system, I would stop and pop in the run and gun games.  Through out ALL of halo I was stopping and popping.  So I PREFER to have a cover system.  

Cover systems add to the gameplay.  They also add at least some realism to it.  If you saw an action movie where the main character went from room to room, avoiding a hail of bullets while running through the middle of the room shooting everyone in the head, you would think that was a stupid movie.  Cover systems provide much more fun.  In fact, I put down FEAR to play Gears...when I finished Gears i went back to fear and found it downright unplayable, because I missed the cover system way too much.  So I went back to GRAW instead and sold back my copy of FEAR.

And Im sure im not the only one that feels this way.  Your problem is that you think that your opinion is the correct one, because it favors Halo.  When in reality, your opinion is just your opinion...and many people might disagree with you.  

kapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kapp1
Member since 2004 • 1138 Posts
In terms of fun factor, IMO Gears cannot touch Halo. I've been playing Halo 2 online since the day it came out with a bunch of friends and we still pop it in every now and then. Gears, though, we no longer play (I sold my copy). For some reason, Gears online just got old for me after my amazement at the graphics and the fun of a chainsaw kill wore off.
HVPinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 HVPinc
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

Personally I think that the halo series will win just because it has the variation of bright and sunny levels vs the dark and spooky. and not just in the first level like gears. also unless gears 2 is just 4x bigger and more open instead of narrow corridors and stuff  (i mean size per level, not game lenght), than halo will continually rule.

Oh yeah, and how about we have this conversation after h3 comes out, or atleas call it gears vs. halo series... 

blackyoshi93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blackyoshi93
Member since 2006 • 350 Posts
Gears is great and all, but it cannot hold its own ground when anyone mentions the name "HALO 3". *Nough' said*
kryloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kryloc
Member since 2003 • 2283 Posts

Though you can't completely compare with many of halos features not yet implemented(vehicles, maps, final version of game) I prefer Gears to the Halo 3 beta.  Halo 3 is a bunch of tiny ants running around screaming.  Gears is much more up close and personal, more intense.

Halos matchmaking system, party system, and game creation system is far better though.

I'm not sure why epic hasn't added a more dynamic online setup. 

danharr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danharr
Member since 2005 • 234 Posts

[QUOTE="danharr"]Gears will never be better than Halo lets face it Gears is fun and visually stunning but do you really want to suffer through the bugs again? Also the run and gun aspect of Halo is much better than the stop and pop of gears.menduco76

That is a matter of opinion. I HATE run and gun games. In fact, before I ever played a game that had a cover system, I would stop and pop in the run and gun games. Through out ALL of halo I was stopping and popping. So I PREFER to have a cover system.

Cover systems add to the gameplay. They also add at least some realism to it. If you saw an action movie where the main character went from room to room, avoiding a hail of bullets while running through the middle of the room shooting everyone in the head, you would think that was a stupid movie. Cover systems provide much more fun. In fact, I put down FEAR to play Gears...when I finished Gears i went back to fear and found it downright unplayable, because I missed the cover system way too much. So I went back to GRAW instead and sold back my copy of FEAR.

And Im sure im not the only one that feels this way. Your problem is that you think that your opinion is the correct one, because it favors Halo. When in reality, your opinion is just your opinion...and many people might disagree with you.

Save the speech psycho i'm not starting a religion i'm stating my opinion and because it doesn't match yours no need to hop up on a soap box wtf!? 

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
sick of GoW.... doesnt have the lasting appeal of Halo...isnt as polished at all in the gameplay department.... it all comes down to strafing with the effing shotgun and whoever can get a headshot first... i like GoW dont get me wrong.... but Halo is just in a different league
jason_jx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 jason_jx
Member since 2004 • 514 Posts

Gears of war was good at the time, but then it got boring. The games nothing special, it got old quick. Its a very nice game to look at but the gameplay just seemed to get too repeatative. It doesnt seem to have the formula halo has, where the gameplay never seems to die out. Its always fun.

Gears cant touch the halo series imo. Not only is there more in the package, its just much more fun to play. Even if halo 3 fails to match gear's graphics. It will only beat it in all other area's.