gears of war two beta?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ltfan15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ltfan15
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
do you guys think there is going to be a gears of war two beta test
killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts
No, since it is a game that looks like it hasn't changed much, besides destructable environments.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

No, since it is a game that looks like it hasn't changed much, besides destructable environments. killercuts3

And you know this based on what exactly? :|

Turbopre08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Turbopre08
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts

[QUOTE="killercuts3"]No, since it is a game that looks like it hasn't changed much, besides destructable environments. Dutch_Mix

i dont know about it being the same game but i did read an article about destructable environments. i wish their would be a beta so i can get it and play mp

Rafinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rafinator
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts
it would be cool if i could beta test it. but i doubt they will.
wlcm2atl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 wlcm2atl
Member since 2005 • 129 Posts

it WOULD be cool if they saw the hype caused by the HALO3 beta and did one of their own...

but I really doubt it

killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killercuts3

[QUOTE="killercuts3"]No, since it is a game that looks like it hasn't changed much, besides destructable environments. Dutch_Mix

Know what?

mute9dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mute9dude
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

No, since it is a game that looks like it hasn't changed much, besides destructable environments. killercuts3

There is no way to know if the game will be much different from its predecessor. You are probably mistaking the unreal engine 3 tech demo for GOW 2 footage, however as they specifically said, the video was just meant to show some of the changes they made to the unreal engine. Even if you were correct that nothing had changed, why would it matter? Look at halo 3, the beta was hardly different than Halo 2. The purpose of a beta is to test how the game works online and fix any networking and technical problems and gather data. Whether anything has changed is completely irrelevant to the chance of a beta coming or not.

I for one would love for there to be a beta but doubt that there is going to be one. Epic Games is going to be far too rushed to have time to put out a Gears 2 beta, though it would seem like a good solution to the billions of technical problems in the first game.

UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts
if any1 tells u there i and its on gearsofwar2.tk dont! cas loads of my m8s believed some guy and apparently its pretty bad
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

I'd rather they did that than try something new and ruin the series.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"]

[QUOTE="killercuts3"]No, since it is a game that looks like it hasn't changed much, besides destructable environments. killercuts3

Know what?

That the game hasn't changed much...

killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killercuts3

[QUOTE="killercuts3"]No, since it is a game that looks like it hasn't changed much, besides destructable environments. mute9dude

There is no way to know if the game will be much different from its predecessor. You are probably mistaking the unreal engine 3 tech demo for GOW 2 footage, however as they specifically said, the video was just meant to show some of the changes they made to the unreal engine. Even if you were correct that nothing had changed, why would it matter? Look at halo 3, the beta was hardly different than Halo 2. The purpose of a beta is to test how the game works online and fix any networking and technical problems and gather data. Whether anything has changed is completely irrelevant to the chance of a beta coming or not.

I for one would love for there to be a beta but doubt that there is going to be one. Epic Games is going to be far too rushed to have time to put out a Gears 2 beta, though it would seem like a good solution to the billions of technical problems in the first game.

You are gonna have to give a better example than Halo 3 being beta, largely because the games are on two different consoles.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

...you know you're talking about the Unreal engine 3 tech demo and not gears of war 2 right?

KaoaAlakane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KaoaAlakane
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts
Now that MS owns epic I hope its a possibility. Im hoping so anyways.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

Now that MS owns epic I hope its a possibility. Im hoping so anyways.KaoaAlakane

what? when did that happen? And if that was true i'm pretty sure not only would UT# not be on the PS3, it wouldn't have been a timed exclusive for the system.

Dolacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Dolacide
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
[QUOTE="mute9dude"]

[QUOTE="killercuts3"]No, since it is a game that looks like it hasn't changed much, besides destructable environments. killercuts3

You are gonna have to give a better example than Halo 3 being beta, largely because the games are on two different consoles.

Gears and Halo 3 were both on the 360.

dirk diggler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dirk diggler
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="killercuts3"][QUOTE="mute9dude"]

[QUOTE="killercuts3"]No, since it is a game that looks like it hasn't changed much, besides destructable environments. Dolacide

Gears and Halo 3 were both on the 360.

Heh! I cannot help but read your reply and think, "man, he did that more politely than I would have."