Gears of War MP turning into Free-For-All. Ditches Team/Tactical based gameplay.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/08/Next-Gears-of-War-turning-into-Free-For-All-100000000001843/1#.UD6eQtZlQ7s

The next multiplayer game mode announced for shooter Gears of War: Judgment ditches team tactics in favor of solo survival. Studio Epic Games unveiled Free-For-All, which pits individual players against each other in a battle for victory. It's the first time the studio has added this type of multiplayer match to a Gears of War title.

I guess it would be a welcome feature, but they cut out focus for the other modes for it.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

you make it sound like the only multiplayer option will be free for all, it's still a team/tactical based shooter but now offers a free for all playlist, thats all.

StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts

you make it sound like the only multiplayer option will be free for all, it's still a team/tactical based shooter but now offers a free for all playlist, thats all.

JayQproductions
hey are cutting some modes out, and focusing exclusively on free-for-all for map designs and the new weapons. The Team based gameplay wil be crippled. as a result. Although this may not be final. But so far it seems they will continue in this direction.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

This Gears looks terrible. Nothing new or innovative at all. They had a big hyped-up magazine reveal just to announce a a Free-for-All mode, something that's been a staple of every MP shooter for years?

I'm not including as a main entry of Gears. It just looks awful. You can see why Epic handed it off the their B-team developers.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

New Developers for the first time, they are changing things.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Looks interesting imo.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Don't even play Gears 3 anymore.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I am still as excited for this as I was for the rest of the series, I can't wait :D. This is a new welcome addition, even though they are cutting other modes out. Maybe it isn't meant to be classed as a main entry one anyway? either way, I still can't wait just as much. Free For All will be interesting to play in the Gears universe with the Cogs and Locust!
rigest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rigest
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I feel that People Can Fly is heading in the wrong direction with GoW, though it may be too early to tell. It really seems they are aiming for more casual players, which would be a shame.
The_Joker1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Joker1721
Member since 2012 • 304 Posts
I haven't really kept up with the game which is weird because I'm a huge fan of the franchise but what are they taking out/changing? Is it things that a person that plays a lot of gears (like me) would be a bit upset with?