Gears of war + F**K abouts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BabyAlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BabyAlf
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
I just bought gears this evening, Can some one tell me why the **** does everyone gets wokred up about "Stealing kills". I was in a match, Gridlock, and I Pulled out my lancer when I saw a guy running towards the arch I was hideing in, When I jump around the corner, I charged up the Cahinsaw Bayonet and one of my team mates is a fair bit behind him the second The chainsaw touched him, my team mate was screaming abuse at me for "stealing his kill". It was me, him and the chap I killed left and there was no gun shots to be heard when I was hideing so he must not have been shooting at him Merly chasing him. Some one explain to me please why people get there knickers in a twist over it? thanks
Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts
cause their weirdos is why and probably obsessed with the game
deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

cause people are obsessed with getting the seriously achievement (10,000 kills) they think 1 kill really matters when it really doesnt. Tell them to stop **** and deal with it

BabyAlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 BabyAlf
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
Aye there all little pissants imo, Shadowrun community rules all ^^ no losers on there
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
this is one of the reasons why i stop playing ranked games....people take things way too seriously....player matches ftw
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
They get fustrated when other people steal their kills as they need it for the achievements.
EarthThatWas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 EarthThatWas
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts
That's why I dig the COD. A lot of their achievements encourage team play. There's a lot less of this 'everybody for themselves' poo poo.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Censor bypass in your thread title is a bad idea, you may want to edit that.
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
It's unfair to do all the work and then have someone else reap the reward. I've gone matches were I've downed all four opponents but did not get credit for any of the kills. There are situations where it's necessary in order for the team to win. It's ok if it's an accident, but if you do it all the time it's just rude.
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts

It's unfair to do all the work and then have someone else reap the reward. I've gone matches were I've downed all four opponents but did not get credit for any of the kills. There are situations where it's necessary in order for the team to win. It's ok if it's an accident, but if you do it all the time it's just rude.jstarzyk

What are you suppose to do in the split second you spot an enemy, ask him if he's already being chased and shot at by another player that's ready to kill him? Nope, you shoot first, ask questions later. I understand the whole thing about wearing down a guy and having someone else take a couple shots and getting the credit, but there's no way to stop that in such chaotic type games. If a player has to start whining about losing a kill then they should be playing because there's no point in yelling at someone that did nothing wrong besides just playing the game.

Does this game have some kind of assist kill feature in the stats, so someone that jumps in doesn't get the full credit for a small amount of work?

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Only if its Ranked, andonly if you did down him, then go ahead kill him. Otherwises, fair game, kill them..The point the game is to win, not to gain kills. Even in ranked, if I can't kill him (due to the fact busy or not up there), go teammmate kill him.

Babyair, try finding a group of friends to play with, its better than most random strangers.