Gears of War 3 wishlist

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Here's some things I want in a 3rd installment

1. Explain the locust: I've played both games and read both novels, and they keep hinting at the locust's origins and motivations but it's never really explained. I want to know how the locust originated, what's the deal with the sires you encountered in that abandoned lab, why they suddenly became so hostile against mankind, where is Adam Fenix, and what is Adam Fenix's connection to the locust queen?

2. Iron out the glitches: The second game felt like it needed another month of beta testing before it was released.

3. Fix the matchmaking: Waiting 10-20 minutes to find a match=not fun.

Well, those are mine, do you agree/disagree? What would you add?

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
Yes matchmaking needs to be fixed. I would also like their story telling to be better since GeOW 2 left me with a lot of wondering
sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 sk8erwarlock
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
From what i've heard they're trying to make the game tactical online, WTF, go back to GOW1 style of play where you wanna just shotgun
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
And why do I have a feeling nothing is gonna meet the standards of your list TC?..just saying. Epic has lost all credibility with me, it's gonna take hell freezing over for them to get any type of good rep back! Cuz it's lost with allot of hardcore Gears fans!
Wunderkid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Wunderkid7
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts

An actual boss fight this time rather than what they did with the second. And let a Carmine live!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
deactivated-5c23908d36a7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Return the gnasher to it's original state from the first game.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

1) Non-broken MP (everything from glitches to matchmaking to bad design choices)
2) 4-Player Co-op campaign
3) Slightly better graphics
4) More executions (i.e. button combinations like Fatalities to do some crazy **** to your downed enemy)
5) Use Gears of War 1 as a starting point, not the 2nd installment (darker themed, faster movement, etc..)

:)

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

An actual boss fight this time rather than what they did with the second. And let a Carmine live!

Wunderkid7

whats wrong with the boss fights in the 2nd?

I would like to see

-better MP(though I might it)

-4 player co-op with delta squad(I might it touch but I don't know

- female cogs(theres a female cog in the the first book by karen traviss another one in the graphic novel)

-Keep horde and make it even more bigger with like brumaks or something

-have horde to have 6 player co op

-Add a theater system like Halo 3 where you can take vids and pictures in sp,mp, and horde.

-keep the whole Carmine sibling dying like the one before it. Its funny imo

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

And why do I have a feeling nothing is gonna meet the standards of your list TC?..just saying. Epic has lost all credibility with me, it's gonna take hell freezing over for them to get any type of good rep back! Cuz it's lost with allot of hardcore Gears fans!gamer082009
Its not like Gears 2 was a terrible game, it was just a misstep in the franchise. We all know Epic can make a great game, as proven with Gears 1, I have full trust in them to learn from the mistakes they made in Gears 2 and make an even better game than the original. Just because they messed up a single game doesn't mean they're a terrible developer man.

BadLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BadLegend
Member since 2009 • 318 Posts
custimizable chainsaw gun
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#11 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I want them to reveal more about the storyline. That and yeah... FIX THE MATCHMAKING!!!
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

Custimizable characters, and dedictaed servers(no more host advantage) also fix the 2piece(imo the most noobiest thing you could do)

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 orb_03_2006

Custimizable characters, and dedictaed servers(no more host advantage) also fix the 2piece(imo the most noobiest thing you could do)

gta4_2112
That's not a function of the game, that's just a skill lol. So really you're asking for people to play differently...
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"]

orb_03_2006

That's not a function of the game, that's just a skill lol. So really you're asking for people to play differently...

They should just make the 2piece like gears 1 then not as many ppl would do it. On gears 2 it can be easy to get out of a 2piee but not always

oscar_mateo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 oscar_mateo
Member since 2008 • 692 Posts

Better boss fights and riding bloodmounts would be good.

jdluca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jdluca
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts

lets not say stupid stuff on here

1. Next Gears game shud have at least a10 act story in which there are flashbacks to the pendelum wars with 4 player coop if u play as cole and baird u kinda have a different experience of the game since they split up away from marcus and dom

2. weapon playlists team snipers, team boom, and hammerburst are examples

3. Horde 100 waves of harder locusts with the maps on day night cycles at night the kryll come out for a tougher fight and i mean wave 100 has like 5 brumaks 3 beserkers and 15 boomers etc

4. new characters that arent thrown in and axed from the story within ah hour of playing

5. a long story with moments that are so crazy u wont believe its a video game

6. 4v4 5v5 and a total war playlists in which u are either a locust or cog but in this mode u are randomly put to any character in the game so u can be a brumak as locust or a king raven as a cog

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 orb_03_2006

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="gta4_2112"]

gta4_2112

They should just make the 2piece like gears 1 then not as many ppl would do it. On gears 2 it can be easy to get out of a 2piee but not always

Yeah. I kinda know how ya feel. They should at least make it a little longer before you can melee a second time or maybe make melee attacks a little weaker.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Wunderkid7
Yeah, er how come the rookie always dies?
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 orb_03_2006

1. Next Gears game shud have at least a10 act story in which there are flashbacks to the pendelum wars with 4 player coop if u play as cole and baird u kinda have a different experience of the game since they split up away from marcus and dom

3. Horde 100 waves of harder locusts with the maps on day night cycles at night the kryll come out for a tougher fight and i mean wave 100 has like 5 brumaks 3 beserkers and 15 boomers etc

4. new characters that arent thrown in and axed from the story within ah hour of playing

6. 4v4 5v5 and a total war playlists in which u are either a locust or cog but in this mode u are randomly put to any character in the game so u can be a brumak as locust or a king raven as a cog

jdluca
We could only wish for somethings that great...
jdluca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jdluca
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts

[QUOTE="jdluca"]

orb_03_2006

We could only wish for somethings that great...

but it would be great and cliffy could think about this stuff

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

1. Explain the locust: I've played both games and read both novels, and they keep hinting at the locust's origins and motivations but it's never really explained. I want to know how the locust originated, what's the deal with the sires you encountered in that abandoned lab, why they suddenly became so hostile against mankind, where is Adam Fenix, and what is Adam Fenix's connection to the locust queen?UT_Wrestler

Amen brother, the locust must be explained in Gears 3. I'd like to know your idea of what the truth behind them and the Queen is (spoiler tags are our friends) [spoiler] My take is that they were once humans, part of some secret research project to create a super soldier by mixing human and alien genes. This would explain the involvement of Marcus' father (he was a scientist). The Queen might be another scientist who managed to control the locust and decided to take over the world (of course!). She may also turn out to be Marcus' mother, since I've never heard of her in either game [/spoiler]

What do you think?

DJ_Redline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DJ_Redline
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts

Customizable weapons would be cool, but if you read the books and graphic novels you see that they don't have much to work with for weapons, food, shelter etc because of the Locust destroying everything. What I would like to see in Gears 3 would be some backstory about E-Day, and they should introduce Mataki from the Aspho Fields book into the story. I honestly can't see anything wrong with Gears 1 or 2. If I had to say anything bad, it would just be that the wait time for MP in G2 takes a long time to get set up. Other than that they are two of my favorite games still.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UT_Wrestler
To the guy talking about female COGS, yes, I agree. I'd like to see Bernie Mataki from the novels in the game. Also, Anya Stroud is told to have great untapped potential as a frontline soldier, as her mother was a highly decorated warrior.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UT_Wrestler
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

1. Explain the locust: I've played both games and read both novels, and they keep hinting at the locust's origins and motivations but it's never really explained. I want to know how the locust originated, what's the deal with the sires you encountered in that abandoned lab, why they suddenly became so hostile against mankind, where is Adam Fenix, and what is Adam Fenix's connection to the locust queen?

Amen brother, the locust must be explained in Gears 3. I'd like to know your idea of what the truth behind them and the Queen is (spoiler tags are our friends) [spoiler] My take is that they were once humans, part of some secret research project to create a super soldier by mixing human and alien genes. This would explain the involvement of Marcus' father (he was a scientist). The Queen might be another scientist who managed to control the locust and decided to take over the world (of course!). She may also turn out to be Marcus' mother, since I've never heard of her in either game [/spoiler]

What do you think?

Well I don't really buy into the notion that the locust queen is Marcus's mother; I mean in the novels he HAD mother that he was more than old enough to know, and then she mysteriously disappeared. If the queen was his mother, he would have recognized something about her, the voice at least.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 UT_Wrestler
[QUOTE="Wakanoid"][QUOTE="Wunderkid7"]

Yeah, er how come the rookie always dies?

That seems like it's going to be an ongoing joke of the series; another Carmine joins delta and dies in each new installment. First Anthony (A. Carmine), then Benjamin (B. Carmine). Now I'll bet you a million bucks that Gears 3 will have another Carmine brother whose name starts with a C and has 3 syllables; I'm thinking probably Christopher. You can quote me on that haha.
Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts

A multiplayer that isn't broken, a campaign that is a little longer with more boss battles and a better story. Pretty much all I want.

ChrisGamer5757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 ChrisGamer5757
Member since 2003 • 476 Posts

Other than explaining the horde better, adding a good climax to the story and maybe seeing some female gears, thats all.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

guitardude1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 guitardude1243
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts

Never ever return to the original gnasher, what killed the original for me. And of course glitches in the second, killed that online as well.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

A female character would be cool.

gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts

2. Iron out the glitches: The second game felt like it needed another month of beta testing before it was released.

UT_Wrestler

They will probally make a prequel the explain the locaust. takes like 20sec to find a match u need to open up ur nat settings. the #1 thing they need to change is to make the server client sided so there wont be no more host bs.

HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

Gears 2 story left me like lost usually does, more questions then anwsers so i do hope they wrap things up in the next one. Also, they just need to fix out the host issues by making servers. The only problem i've always had with gears 2 is the horrible connection issues.

Omzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Omzzz
Member since 2010 • 1440 Posts
I hate the online system...if that could be fixed, id be happy
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UT_Wrestler
[QUOTE="gundaicut"]

[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

They will probally make a prequel the explain the locaust. takes like 20sec to find a match u need to open up ur nat settings. the #1 thing they need to change is to make the server client sided so there wont be no more host bs.

The two novels already are sort of prequels to the games, as their stories dart back and forth between several times, which include Marcus and Dom as kids, then 1 year before Emergence Day, then 1 year after emergence day with the whole drama is scorching the earth to save it, the times immediately before, after, and in between the 2 games. Considering the fact that nobody except for maybe Adam Fenix has any in-depth knowledge about the locust, I just don't see how a prequel would explain them.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UT_Wrestler

A female character would be cool.

ASK_Story
Bernie Mataki is a female gear who is kind of a central character in the two novels; it would be nice to see her as a playable character.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#35 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

NeonNinja make good wishlist. Some spoiler. Spoiler OK since only Gears fans read this thread, no?

• More of Delta Squad together. The sequel didn't have them interacting enough. They were split up way too often and it sucks, because their chemistry is at their best when the nutjobs are all interacting together.
  • No more bonehead moves by humanity. Oh, so they start a never-ending civil war on top of a planet that tempts the things that live underground to climb up and shut them up, then they decide it'll be in their best interest to destroy everything on the planet except for one city in the hopes of killing these things, then they decide to flood that one city.... HUMANITY IS REALLY SUCKING ASS IN THIS WAR!
  • Less convuluted story. Gears 1 had a basic story. But it was cool. It was macho. Gears 2 was all over the place and felt like fanfiction from a 12-year old fanboy. Really, the Locust Queen has boobs and a dress? WTF!?
  • No more stupid twists in the story. I stopped playing the game for two weeks straight after I heard, "IT'S A GIANT WORM!" :roll:
  • No more new characters that die. Everyone introduced in Gears 2 dies before the game is even half-way through. What's the point of introducing them in level 1 and killing them in level 2 and trying to make me feel bad by saying, "But nothing could hurt that guy...." I get it, Tai was supposed to be a badass. He died like a little girl. His name was Tai anyway, he was bound to get it.
  • No more glitchy multiplayer. Gears 2 was so unplayable it hurt.
  • Expand Horde mode. This was literally the one good thing about Gears of War 2 and I feel that this mode saves the game. Expand it, give some more options for the sequel. Epic popularized the mode, now it's time to push the envelope even further to make Halo and Call of Duty try even harder to catch up again.

I love the first Gears of War. Everything about that game is awesome. Gears 2, well, they screwed the hell up with that game. Now it's time to fix things for the inevitable, probably to be released either this year or next year, Gears 3. Let's do this thing Delta Squad. Don't you go muckin' things up again!

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UT_Wrestler

NeonNinja make good wishlist. Some spoiler. Spoiler OK since only Gears fans read this thread, no?

• More of Delta Squad together. The sequel didn't have them interacting enough. They were split up way too often and it sucks, because their chemistry is at their best when the nutjobs are all interacting together.
  • No more bonehead moves by humanity. Oh, so they start a never-ending civil war on top of a planet that tempts the things that live underground to climb up and shut them up, then they decide it'll be in their best interest to destroy everything on the planet except for one city in the hopes of killing these things, then they decide to flood that one city.... HUMANITY IS REALLY SUCKING ASS IN THIS WAR!
  • Less convuluted story. Gears 1 had a basic story. But it was cool. It was macho. Gears 2 was all over the place and felt like fanfiction from a 12-year old fanboy. Really, the Locust Queen has boobs and a dress? WTF!?
  • No more stupid twists in the story. I stopped playing the game for two weeks straight after I heard, "IT'S A GIANT WORM!" :roll:
  • No more new characters that die. Everyone introduced in Gears 2 dies before the game is even half-way through. What's the point of introducing them in level 1 and killing them in level 2 and trying to make me feel bad by saying, "But nothing could hurt that guy...." I get it, Tai was supposed to be a badass. He died like a little girl. His name was Tai anyway, he was bound to get it.
  • No more glitchy multiplayer. Gears 2 was so unplayable it hurt.
  • Expand Horde mode. This was literally the one good thing about Gears of War 2 and I feel that this mode saves the game. Expand it, give some more options for the sequel. Epic popularized the mode, now it's time to push the envelope even further to make Halo and Call of Duty try even harder to catch up again.

I love the first Gears of War. Everything about that game is awesome. Gears 2, well, they screwed the hell up with that game. Now it's time to fix things for the inevitable, probably to be released either this year or next year, Gears 3. Let's do this thing Delta Squad. Don't you go muckin' things up again!

NeonNinja

1. Agreed 2. If you've read the novels, it would better explain why they scorched the planet with the Hammer of Dawn. Basically, the locust were stripping off and using every bit of technology they could find in the cities back against the people of Sera. Humanity was going to become completely extinct because of this, so their only option was to keep the locust from their spoils of victory. Jacinto was the only city where the locust didn't have the unfair advantage of being able to emerge from underground because it was built on solid rock. But then they eventually had to sink Jacinto as well because the locust found a way through it, but they destroyed the majority of the hoard when they destroyed Jacinto. In the second novel, the survivors of Jacinto took refuge in one of the south islands, beyond the reach of what was left of the hoard. 3. There will probably be some sort of explanation in the third game as to why the queen looks almost human, which was in interesting plot twist considering the fact that we were all expecting some type of hideous beast. 4. I really didn't see any problems with the "giant worm". It helped break up the pacing of the game by adding in some platforming between all the shooting. 5. I believe the point of that was to show how incredibly cruel and inhumane the locust torture techniques are; Tai being an invincible badass and then wanting to kill himself after only a few hours/days in captivity. 6. Indeed, improved matchmaking would be great 7. Agree 100%. I'd like to see Brumaks, Corpsers, Berserkers, etc added to some of the later waves of the Horde.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

1.) Fix the matchmaking.

2.) Add a female main character.

3.) Better Graphics?

4.) More Boss Battles.

hammerofcrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hammerofcrom
Member since 2009 • 1323 Posts

hmm, what would I want in Gears 3 . . .

the online to be fixed (and by fixed, I mean put it back to the Gears 1 way or just conform to the Halo/CoD way for matchmaking)

Big Team Battles online (make the online uh, bigger, better and more, yeah I can't finish that) but really though, give us something like 8v8 in Gears.

a Carmine must die

real Boss fight, the fight with Skorje was so underwhelming compared to fighting RAAM.

Plot threads to be filled, revelations made.

more guns. surely the people who thought to strap a chainsaw on an Assault Rifle can add one more iconic weapon to the Gears mix.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

Want I want in Gears of War 3:

• A better, more fleshed out story. I mean really take the time to develop a good story, and like other people have said, no more meaningless characters that die early on.
  • Fix the matchmaking.
  • No more smoke grenades or sticking grenades to walls
  • Bigger set pieces

Those are my main concerns with the game. I agree 100% what most people have said so far, and it will be interesting to see where they take it.

I do think, however, that Epic should really take it's time with this game. I think with a lot of people, Gears 2 left a bad taste in their mouth, and it's best to just let in sit on the back burner for awhile. Maybe a fall 2011 release would be suitable.

solidwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40 solidwarrior2
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

1.improved gameplay

2.improved graphics

3.improved storyline

4.kill no likable characters

5. for the love of god rework the melee attacks in multiplayer.

someGAMEcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 someGAMEcream
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts

Fix multiplayer, other than that. agreed with you

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#42 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
-Not be broken -4-player campaign co-op -saved films -Get rid of meat shields and the ability to tag grenades on walls. It's just cheap and ridiculous. Maybe up the player count.
elie502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 elie502
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

OMG I LOVED GOW2 me and my friend played horde on the hardest difficulty and it took us 9 hours :D

I want something really shocking to happen like the Locust queen turns out to be Marcus's mum or something really cool!

And what the hell is up with the lambents?? We dont like them, the locust dont like them??

rickatick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rickatick
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

more weapons

candy2882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 candy2882
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

Change the main protagonist.

thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts

1. Ability to play as BOOMER on ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!!!!

2. Better online multiplayer

3. Online mode where 4 Boomers are pinned against 6 COG soldiers

punks4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 punks4ever
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts

i didn't even know about gears 3. All i know is matchmaking was not very bad for me!

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I find this thread funny because these "wishlists" are the same I saw before 2 came out. Epic doesn't listen to its customers. I learned the hard way with the first game. Didn't make the mistake with buying the second and won't make the mistake of purchasing the third.

Dudewrsmygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dudewrsmygame
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts
1.- Locust origins 2.- I want to see carmine's face (nobody likes helmets) 3.- They better show us a super boss fight 4.- A few improvements in the matchmaking 5.-Some new guns(this is going to be hard because i don't know how could we miss the entire COG an locust arsenal in the two games) 6.- A bit more of plot please i don't really like karen travis narrative it's repetitive.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
1. Make the multiplayer good again.

That is all.