Gears 2 Multiplayer Is Amazing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
Yesterday there was some tour thing for best buy where they go around college campuses and bring a bunch of games to try out and play and of course one of them was gears 2. The mutliplayer is soooooo much better then the first one. The shotgun is slower now and the stopping power actually works. Also you can stick grenades on the wall and they blow up if someone walks by it. The movements and just everything is way different, you can also blow up the cars if someone is taking cover behind one and kill them.Man, I cannot wait for this game.
lordxephon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 lordxephon
Member since 2006 • 118 Posts
it better be cause the multiplayer is the main reason why im buying this game
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Awesome! Just what i wanted to hear!
I preordered gears 2 just because of hte COOP singleplayer story mode. I hated Gears of War online versus mode (i was good at it actually, just got boring), so i was hoping that they make Gears Of War 2 online better then the first.
charomid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 charomid
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

that is one of the main reasons why i pre ordered it as well. i want the online to be far superior to the first 1. i mean FAR superior because in my opinion the 1st ones online was terrible. stopping power should be useful as well!\

cant wait!

Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts
I shall never find out, as I have zero intentions of buying this game lol. I hope the fans like it though.
HiTmAnx84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HiTmAnx84
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
I can't wait to play it.
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts
i'm itchin' for gears right now... what's taking november 7th so long???
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

oh yeah gears rules!!!!

they should just send the game right now man...i´m almost dying with this long painful wait..

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I shall never find out, as I have zero intentions of buying this game lol. I hope the fans like it though.EnigmaticBeauty

I thought girls loved chainsaws? You don't know what you're missing.

This is going to be a slow 2 weeks, can't wait.

EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EnigmaticBeauty

I know exactly what I'm missing, dark dank areas, playing as big mindless brute with muscles and fast fluid action against aliens (whoooopie doo) and a multiplayer that didn't captivate me te first time round.

It just doesn't appeal to me, especially when I look at things like Fallout 3 and Dead Space. I like my games to have kind of intelligence to them, Gears Of War is just.... shoot till it's dead.

Hopefully the fans will like it, it's quite a lot for the developers to live up to as it is one of the biggest games of the year and the unfortunate truth is, players build themselves up for it, get all these hopes and ideas into their heads and suddenly, when they play it, it turns out to be disappointing.

That's the downside of the hype machine, it's great to build sales, but ultimately it's unfriendly towards the customers.

Atreyu606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Atreyu606
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts

I shall never find out, as I have zero intentions of buying this game lol. I hope the fans like it though.EnigmaticBeauty

You don't want fable II, you don't want Gears 2, what games do you even play? lol

Atreyu606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Atreyu606

I know exactly what I'm missing, dark dank areas, playing as big mindless brute with muscles and fast fluid action against aliens (whoooopie doo) and a multiplayer that didn't captivate me te first time round.

It just doesn't appeal to me, especially when I look at things like Fallout 3 and Dead Space. I like my games to have kind of intelligence to them, Gears Of War is just.... shoot till it's dead.

Hopefully the fans will like it, it's quite a lot for the developers to live up to as it is one of the biggest games of the year and the unfortunate truth is, players build themselves up for it, get all these hopes and ideas into their heads and suddenly, when they play it, it turns out to be disappointing.

That's the downside of the hype machine, it's great to build sales, but ultimately it's unfriendly towards the customers.

EnigmaticBeauty

Mindless killing is fun, and its not as mindless as you'd think, especially in gears 2. of course its not as strategic as Dead Space, but a high action shooter can't be as strategic as Dead Space, cause then it wouldn't be high action, just slow shooting. Dead Space is awesome and I am by no means dissing it, I'm just saying Gears of War is its own game, and its gonna be amazing. Atleast give it a rent and see for yourself if the new changes change your perspective on it. whats the worst that happens, you lost 3 bucks? lol

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mau-Justice

If Sylvester Stallone can make 6 Rocky's, then Marcus Fenix deserves a sequel. Big Brute and all, I'm glad he's back.

I see what you're getting at though, but games like Dead Space/Bioshock/Fallout are rarities. Gems don't come around that often.

EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EnigmaticBeauty
[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]

Atreyu606

Mindless killing is fun, and its not as mindless as you'd think, especially in gears 2. of course its not as strategic as Dead Space, but a high action shooter can't be as strategic as Dead Space, cause then it wouldn't be high action, just slow shooting. Dead Space is awesome and I am by no means dissing it, I'm just saying Gears of War is its own game, and its gonna be amazing. Atleast give it a rent and see for yourself if the new changes change your perspective on it. whats the worst that happens, you lost 3 bucks? lol

lol that is one thing I do miss from back home is the cheapness to rent games. Renting games in the UK is 4 to 5 pounds a go, which is about 8 dollars. Personally, I'd rather wait till it's 20 pounds and buy it then or get it second hand.

I've got nothing against Gears, everything I've seen of it, all the trailers, making of, developer reports I've read, it just hasn't.... captured my interest.

It's all about timing as well, it's harder to play all the games I would like to play with everything happening in terms of my writing, relationships, when I was younger, my father would buy every "hyped" game on the market for me and I'd play it to my heart's content, I'd even call in sick for school and all that (I was always a straight A student, and I was in the top 5 when leaving highschool, just couldn't be bothered going to college)

I suppose as I got older, my tastes change and just gotta work with it. Besides, I've got like.... twenty games I've yet to complete, games like Eternal Sonata, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto, Kameo, LOst Oddesy, Devil May Cry, Blue Dragon, Assassins Creed... my gamer tag is a mess, I've played all these games for maybe two or three hours at best and then, when I do play it again, I have to start from scratch because I can't remember what the dilly dally I'm doing.

Atreyu606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Atreyu606
[QUOTE="Atreyu606"][QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]

EnigmaticBeauty

lol that is one thing I do miss from back home is the cheapness to rent games. Renting games in the UK is 4 to 5 pounds a go, which is about 8 dollars. Personally, I'd rather wait till it's 20 pounds and buy it then or get it second hand.

I've got nothing against Gears, everything I've seen of it, all the trailers, making of, developer reports I've read, it just hasn't.... captured my interest.

It's all about timing as well, it's harder to play all the games I would like to play with everything happening in terms of my writing, relationships, when I was younger, my father would buy every "hyped" game on the market for me and I'd play it to my heart's content, I'd even call in sick for school and all that (I was always a straight A student, and I was in the top 5 when leaving highschool, just couldn't be bothered going to college)

I suppose as I got older, my tastes change and just gotta work with it. Besides, I've got like.... twenty games I've yet to complete, games like Eternal Sonata, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto, Kameo, LOst Oddesy, Devil May Cry, Blue Dragon, Assassins Creed... my gamer tag is a mess, I've played all these games for maybe two or three hours at best and then, when I do play it again, I have to start from scratch because I can't remember what the dilly dally I'm doing.

hahah alright, well I'll be getting it, maybe we'll see you online sometime

EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EnigmaticBeauty
[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"][QUOTE="Atreyu606"][QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]

Atreyu606

hahah alright, well I'll be getting it, maybe we'll see you online sometime

Yeah, you'll see me getting my head chopped off and my team mate shouting down the mic "This is why girls can't play" lol

JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 JJpenguin
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts

EnigmaticBeauty

Yeah, do you rent from blockbuster? I hate the fact that if I want to try a game out for a week as a test, then i've already paid 5 quid to do it, renting works for a cheap week of fun, but not a trial...i wish we got ours for the equivalent of 3 bucks...

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
i liked gears one and i want gears 2. there are tons of games that can be called mindless, so i dont know why people are bashing this.
ReconKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 ReconKing
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts

EnigmaticBeauty
ignorance...
xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts
[QUOTE="EnigmaticBeauty"]

[/QUOTE/]When were games suppose to be intelligent? I agree everything you said about gears, I don't like it, but games are suppose to be mindless entertainment, just like T.V. and the computer, unless watching educational progams or researching something.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
I did love the shotgun, but hopefully overall the game will be better.
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

it better be cause the multiplayer is the main reason why im buying this gamelordxephon

agreed Fallout 3 is my single player game of fall and Gears 2 is my multiplayer game

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
Best be amazing. Thats why I'm buying it.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I did love the shotgun, but hopefully overall the game will be better.RushMetallica
They screwed the shotgun up in part two, I don't what everyones else have been saying. And Gears of War is amazing, I don't know what *enigmatic* is talking about.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#25 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="RushMetallica"] I don't what everyones else have been saying. And Gears of War is amazing, I don't know what *enigmatic* is talking about.gamer082009

Everyone has there own taste in games. Not everyone wants to play Gears of War versus mode all the time. Some of us preffer rpgs or games with decent storys. Yes i LOVE online shooting games, but not everyone enjoyed Gears of war 1 online like yourself. Its obvious that she preffers rpgs and adventure games to just shooters all the time, nothing wrong with that imo.

Avatar image for insomniac_loser
insomniac_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 insomniac_loser
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts
The multiplayer better be amazing i got tired of the last one in about a year or so.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Ooh.. I didn't know you can blow up the cars.. I knew you can blow off the concrete cover positions.. Yummy.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamer082009

[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="RushMetallica"] I don't what everyones else have been saying. And Gears of War is amazing, I don't know what *enigmatic* is talking about.kozzy1234

Everyone has there own taste in games. Not everyone wants to play Gears of War versus mode all the time. Some of us preffer rpgs or games with decent storys. Yes i LOVE online shooting games, but not everyone enjoyed Gears of war 1 online like yourself. Its obvious that she preffers rpgs and adventure games to just shooters all the time, nothing wrong with that imo.

Well the only people crying about Gears of War's multiplayer are the ones who got severely beaten and never played again after only a couple of tries. Plain and simple Gears multiplayer is unlike no other...period!! I guess I'd hate a games multiplayer too if I got owned all the time. lol, kinda like you "kozzy1234", and it's prerrty obvious from your lack of multiplayer achievements in Gears, you were just another victim of someone who owned you pretty badly.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
that's kinda what I thought it would be like. Gears 2 is a must buy.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I was really expecting this to be some little kid bragging about how he's playing his pirated copy.

I'm Pleasantly surprised it wasn't :)

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamer082009

I was really expecting this to be some little kid bragging about how he's playing his pirated copy.

I'm Pleasantly surprised it wasn't :)

Avenger1324
lol, I hate braggers.
Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="RushMetallica"] I don't what everyones else have been saying. And Gears of War is amazing, I don't know what *enigmatic* is talking about.gamer082009

Well the only people crying about Gears of War's multiplayer are the ones who got severely beaten and never played again after only a couple of tries. Plain and simple Gears multiplayer is unlike no other...period!! I guess I'd hate a games multiplayer too if I got owned all the time. lol, kinda like you "kozzy1234", and it's prerrty obvious from your lack of multiplayer achievements in Gears, you were just another victim of someone who owned you pretty badly.

I sere this all the time.. Whenever someone doesnt like Gears of War its because they supposedly suck at it? Have you ever played with Kozzy? It must because you have infinite knowledge that you can just draw up that conclusion. I nev er liked the first one due to all the glitching and host advantage. Anyway more on topic ill probably end up picking this up but not on day one as ill most likely be buying Fallout 3 first... oh wait i must suck at Gears 2 because i didnt get it day one...Anyway Gears 2 is shaping up to look decent and i hope the multiplayer is fixed.

Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="RushMetallica"] I don't what everyones else have been saying. And Gears of War is amazing, I don't know what *enigmatic* is talking about.gamer082009

I here this all the time.. Whenever someone doesnt like Gears of War its because they supposedly suck at it? Have you ever played with Kozzy? It must because you have infinite knowledge that you can just draw up that conclusion. I nev er liked the first one due to all the glitching and host advantage. Anyway more on topic ill probably end up picking this up but not on day one as ill most likely be buying Fallout 3 first... oh wait i must suck at Gears 2 because i didnt get it day one...Anyway Gears 2 is shaping up to look decent and i hope the multiplayer is fixed.

Alan-89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Alan-89
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
really looking forward to horde mode with a few mates!!!
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamer082009
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="RushMetallica"] I don't what everyones else have been saying. And Gears of War is amazing, I don't know what *enigmatic* is talking about.dragonslayerssj

I sere this all the time.. Whenever someone doesnt like Gears of War its because they supposedly suck at it? Have you ever played with Kozzy? It must because you have infinite knowledge that you can just draw up that conclusion. I nev er liked the first one due to all the glitching and host advantage. Anyway more on topic ill probably end up picking this up but not on day one as ill most likely be buying Fallout 3 first... oh wait i must suck at Gears 2 because i didnt get it day one...Anyway Gears 2 is shaping up to look decent and i hope the multiplayer is fixed.

Well I looked at his gamertag and he has NOT (1) single achievement for online multiplayer, like the torq bow, boom-shot, hammer, chainsaw etc. which leads me to believe he never played the multiplayer more than a few times. How the heck can you pass judgement about the multiplayer if you haven't really played it much, only played it enough to get killed and say "boohoo I don't like it!" I'll say it again, he DOES NOT HAVE ONE achievement in a MULTIPLAYER match on Gears of War (I LOOKED @ HIS GAMERCARD, maybe you should too)!!!So it's pretty obvious he never played much online because someone owned him pretty badly. Lets not act like we don't understand that. So that's how I know.
Danny_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Danny_K
Member since 2005 • 563 Posts

Gears looks good but the online community ruins it. It reminds me of the higher level Halo 2 environment. Everyone is such an a$$hole.

kanishkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kanishkat
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Should be a good game, cant wait
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonslayerssj"] [QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Well I looked at his gamertag and he has NOT (1) single achievement for online multiplayer, like the torq bow, boom-shot, hammer, chainsaw etc. which leads me to believe he never played the multiplayer more than a few times. How the heck can you pass judgement about the multiplayer if you haven't really played it much, only played it enough to get killed and say "boohoo I don't like it!" I'll say it again, he DOES NOT HAVE ONE achievement in a MULTIPLAYER match on Gears of War (I LOOKED @ HIS GAMERCARD, maybe you should too)!!!So it's pretty obvious he never played much online because someone owned him pretty badly. Lets not act like we don't understand that. So that's how I know.

Lol dude , chill ...take a chill pill.:) i can't seem to understand but by what your saying is that , if nobody loves Gears of war MP that means he/she is a noob?:| that is totally false dude... [ i'd rather play COD4 then play gears with its glitches....seriously the glitches are more then the single player it-self ] anyways...im glad it improved alot [ gears 2 ] as i played it at my buddies house yesturday.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mau-Justice

[/QUOTE/]When were games suppose to be intelligent? I agree everything you said about gears, I don't like it, but games are suppose to be mindless entertainment, just like T.V. and the computer, unless watching educational progams or researching something. xXTalismanXx

Then that's completely your fault. Games can be just as much of an art as movies, or anything else for that matter.

Many games go as far as testing your Morals. Games like Braid, allow thinkers to be much more blown away by the story. It's hard to explain any of these things without giving away spoilers...but some games are much deeper than meets the eye. I wouldn't be so quick to call them all Mindless.