gears 2 matchmaking

This topic is locked from further discussion.

themobilephone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 themobilephone
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

how bad is it, and is Epic doing anything to fix it?

deesterdee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deesterdee
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts
ITS BAD REAL BAD I have let it search for over 25 mins with no luck and gave up
SpYkMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SpYkMo
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
I haven't we too much but on horde I wait about a min or two and on regular multiplayer it's about the same maybe a little bit longer I don't know y pol are complaining I haven't had any problems
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts
Its the worst Ive ever seen. Takes forever and doesnt seem to take into account client speeds so some guy in Tibet ends up being host. Yeah basically its the worst ever.
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts
Oh yeah and as far as epic trying to fix it. They already tried once and failed. I wouldnt count on it. They already have most of our money. If I stop playing because of match making, they dont lose a dime.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
wow wat games r u guys playing? certainly not gears 2, i can find a match sometimes right after we press matchmaking, or mayb 10-20 seconds later, n me n my friends never played in a full party, somtimes there r 2 ppl in there or 3 u guys need to fix ur broken gears 2 cuz mine is fine :)
DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts
Have they added region filtering to match making yet? I'm sick of playing laggy games against americans and british.
quizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 quizee
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts
ya its horrible. once it took 30 mins to find a match for me
Avatar image for Darkstar_Sinada
Darkstar_Sinada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 Darkstar_Sinada
Member since 2003 • 1072 Posts
Honestly, before like a week ago it was terrible. Since they updated things and announced it in the intro box, I have had to wait maybe 4 minutes tops, and get into a laggy match maybe 1 out of 25. They seemed to have fixed it, and changed it so you connect more based on connection and less on rank. People that are still **** either haven't played in a week or so, or have terrible DSL connections.
ryan71889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ryan71889
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts
well if your sick of playing laggy games complain about epic. Not americans. aint our fault
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
I find matches in like 10-20 seconds. What are you talking about
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I can find matches pretty quick but the actual game is crap cause it had way too many glitches and Im not talking about a few here and there it is really bad like I would vote this game the glitchest game of the year and its crap also dont count on epic fixing it they probably will just release new maps that you have to pay for.
LittleToejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LittleToejam
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts
I can find matches pretty quick but the actual game is crap cause it had way too many glitches and Im not talking about a few here and there it is really bad like I would vote this game the glitchest game of the year and its crap also dont count on epic fixing it they probably will just release new maps that you have to pay for.raylewisnfl52
then how come you just played it last and you have it on your backround for your pictorial
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
[QUOTE="raylewisnfl52"]I can find matches pretty quick but the actual game is crap cause it had way too many glitches and Im not talking about a few here and there it is really bad like I would vote this game the glitchest game of the year and its crap also dont count on epic fixing it they probably will just release new maps that you have to pay for.LittleToejam
then how come you just played it last and you have it on your backround for your pictorial

Got at him lol.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

how bad is it, and is Epic doing anything to fix it?

themobilephone
It comes and goes, sometimes it spot on and joins matches fast and other, well, most of the time it'll drop people when the math finally does find people. Epic is completely oblivious to matchmaking, they should've stuck with the better and simple Ranked and Non-ranked type that Gears of War 1 had. I tend to go by the known saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" And the matchmaking is only the beginning of the MANY MANY issues with the multiplayer!
jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jeffmonster
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts
It's fixed for me too. I now get in matches in about 30 seconds, never more than 1 minute. Now only if you were able to stay in the room after the match like call of duty........then I would say it's the best matchmaking system out there.