Games where youre a dude who can sometimes fly?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts

I realized something... I love being able to fly in games. Ace Combat and the like are cool, but i think its way cooler to be able to fly under your own power, either for short periods or longer.

Stuff likeSection-Z on NES, the Wing Cap in Mario64, Nights Into Dreams on Saturn.... All thrilled me.

So what are some 360 games like that? I figure any superherop game is a good bet (no matter how crappy), like Superman. Maybe the Spiderman Games in a way, or Iron Man?

Mrbojangles34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Mrbojangles34
Member since 2006 • 8918 Posts
Prototype has a sweet gliding mechanic that is basically like flying. You can go really far in a short period of time. I'd go for that.
FireXxAnts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FireXxAnts
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts
Rocket Knight
Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

Crackdown 2 has the wingsuit where you can glide with the suit.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 androflash
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

Say what you want about Superman, but that game has easily the best flying mechanics of this genre.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
How about Dark Void.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Dark Void is set up like that.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Dark Void got some mediocre reviews because it starts off as an average 3rd person shooter and you don't actually get the ability to fly until a couple of hours in. But once you've got your jet pack, the flying combat is supposedly really good.
I_am_theOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 I_am_theOpus
Member since 2009 • 768 Posts

Just Cause 2 has a parachute mechanic that's sort of like that. As soon as you build up some speed you can launch the parachute and fly into the air. You can also release it and just freefall for a while then pull it back up. Combine that with the ability to grapple from building to building and it's actually quite exhilarating.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Just Cause 2 has a parachute mechanic that's sort of like that. As soon as you build up some speed you can launch the parachute and fly into the air. You can also release it and just freefall for a while then pull it back up. Combine that with the ability to grapple from building to building and it's actually quite exhilarating.

I_am_theOpus
Not to mention if you buy the Black Market Aerial Pack DLC, you get thrusters for your 'chute.
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
Dark void is your game man.. seriously. Don't go spend 60 bucks on it, rent it or find it cheap on ebay. It's actually a pretty good game, you can your hover ability very quickly, and like an hour later you can fly at will. The cool part is you really can do it at will tho, even if your in a tiny area where you will most likely hit something and die, if you wanna fly, go for it. Sometimes you can use it quickly to gain an advantage with positioning. Come to think of it, it has a better cover system then killzone 2 or uncharted.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts

Wow thanks, i somehow forgot about Dark Void... If i can enjoy Superman, im sure i would dig it. Superman was 6$ though... Im sure DV will drop in price soon too.

I sort of wish they dropped all the quick time events though... Im starting to just view them as designer laziness. Whats more immersion-breaking than seeing a button from the controller youre holding wildly flashing onscreen? :?

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#13 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Prototype has a sweet gliding mechanic that is basically like flying. You can go really far in a short period of time. I'd go for that.Mrbojangles34
Yeah, I love gliding in Prototype. :D
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="Witchsight"]

I realized something... I love being able to fly in games. Ace Combat and the like are cool, but i think its way cooler to be able to fly under your own power, either for short periods or longer.

Stuff likeSection-Z on NES, the Wing Cap in Mario64, Nights Into Dreams on Saturn.... All thrilled me.

So what are some 360 games like that? I figure any superherop game is a good bet (no matter how crappy), like Superman. Maybe the Spiderman Games in a way, or Iron Man?

crackdown 2 has a power which makes u be able to glide in the air and iron man 2 has lots of flight
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
Assassin's Creed 2 memory 13 DLC i forget the name of it, but it allows u to use the flying machine anytime u want in forli? i think... lol
dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 dr-bones
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
My money is also on Dark Void. Been playing it recently, and I've really enjoyed it. It's not mind blowing or anything, but it's defo a good fun jet-fueled romp.