Forza fans: Are you getting The Crew 2?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

Poll Forza fans: Are you getting The Crew 2? (18 votes)

Yes 17%
No 72%
Maybe, not sure yet 11%

I'm not sure I will, saw a few videos of it and I like how you can drive boats and planes, overall the graphics looks decent, it should be a fun game overall. But having played so much of FH3 and with 4 on the way soon, as well as the fact that I am also enjoying the action-packed Onrush, I'm just not sure I want to play the Crew 2 and will likely spend my time with other games/genres instead.

I think the reason I am not convinced is that with so many vehicles to drive, the individual subtleties of each type of vehicle, the quality of the gameplay might feel below what I am used to Forza, which focuses exclusively on land vehicles and keeps refining that with each iteration.

However, I'm always open to try new things and will keep an eye out on reviews, after all this is just a game to have fun....if it has enough good stuff about it I may budge. Wondering where some of you guys stand and if you are excited for the game and why...Thanks !

• 
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Whilst it does look kinda cool, I don't think I'll be getting it... it seems a bit too MP focused to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I will but i'm not looking forward to flying, as its not racing to me and hopefully the game doesn't force it on you.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I played the beta for about 20 minutes. Control was too arcade like. The intro alone made me hate the boat and plane racing. Sticking with Forza until Need for Speed can get their act together.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

car handling in the game(not boat or plane) is so so funny. its bad.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

hmmm review in progress here 8, an interesting quote....I don't think I'm getting it but will check out a few reviews out of curiosity:

"The gritty crime angle from the original game is gone, and instead, The Crew 2 takes reams of pages from the book of Forza Horizon. The game centers on a nationwide festival of motorsports where you, a rookie, are poised to become the next big star. While the setup is conventional, and the focus on social media followers can be irritating, what it brings to the game is a colorful and upbeat vibe, an impressive variety of different vehicular activities, and positively ridiculous arcade driving on land, water, and through the air."

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Going to wait a bit.

Still need to do the rewards in the 1st game, got only one left that gets me a Lotus and an Abarth.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

I played the beta, The crew 2 is awful. Physics and handling are absolutely horrible. The planes and boats seemed like a cool addition, but they are boring to drive in this game. I would have bought it, but the beta convinced me to just wait for FH4.

About the only thing I wish FH4 would do different from 3 is add more customizable car exterior mods for different looks. More hoods, fascias, ect.,

Really disappointed in ps4 car games. I bought the ps4 first this gen and then had to break down and buy an xbone just for Forza games. Glad I did. GTS's online focus ruins it for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Ok so after about 20hrs on it so far here's my take.

The game has crashed back to the dashboard on numerous occasions whilst loading.

If you leave the game alone for 20mins or so it kicks you back out to the main menu.

The controls are horrendous on just about everything except for the speed boats.

The jet boats are boarding on uncontrollable and are in very narrow courses.

You can be driving a Mercedes AMG with a higher recommendation then what's needed and can get beaten by a Mazda MX-5.

The AI rubber bands but when you make mistakes they are 20secs up the road and you mostly can't catch up even with a faster car.

The car models look good, but the background/scenery looks like shit so it doesn't mesh together.

They put the game in America again, that's just lazy.

The pop in is really bad.

The sound is average at best.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alucard_Prime

@i_p_daily: lol thanks for the feedback, so far I don't feel like I am missing out on much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Alucard_Prime said:

@i_p_daily: lol thanks for the feedback, so far I don't feel like I am missing out on much

I didn't even mention the planes where the only thing you can do in them mission wise is just do loop to loops, rolls etc, I haven't encountered an aeroplane race yet.

Oh and there are way too many cut scenes, yes you heard that right, thankfully you can skip them.

Beniushis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By Beniushis
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

If you are racing games fan, you will try every game.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: You should still try it yourself, no matter how what anyone says on here. People have different tastes. I have not personally tried it, but judging from your response I suggest you try it for yourself. You may like it. I'm used to NFS Payback controls I thought the controls were perfect. I hate realistic car games, I drive every day to work I don't care about driving in a "real scenario". It seems IPDaily or whatever his/her name is being a lil too critical lol.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Alucard_Prime

@TurboGraphix: hehe thanks that's cool he is a racing game veteran so he is probably harder to impress than some, but I like seeing all kinds of opinions and at the end of the day I will for sure try it if I feel like it, I did play the first game and It was OK to me....I'm sure I could find some enjoyment in it.

This is one of those games where if I had more time I would play it, but right now I would rather play FH3 or FM7 I still have lots to do in there....especially FM7.

For me I just don't see what else TC2 would bring to the table that I haven't experienced before, but if I get time later on I might check it out, thanks for the advice. I'm swimming in games right now, Dead Cells and a cool 2D moba released earlier called Hyper Universe. My backlog keeps growing it's crazy, I like all kinds of games and there is so much out there, it's come to a point where there are a lot of amazing games that I have on my plate(amazing to me I mean) and I barely have time to play them all so even what I consider "great" I barely have time for those lol.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@TurboGraphix: hehe thanks that's cool he is a racing game veteran so he is probably harder to impress than some, but I like seeing all kinds of opinions and at the end of the day I will for sure try it if I feel like it, I did play the first game and It was OK to me....I'm sure I could find some enjoyment in it.

This is one of those games where if I had more time I would play it, but right now I would rather play FH3 or FM7 I still have lots to do in there....especially FM7.

For me I just don't see what else TC2 would bring to the table that I haven't experienced before, but if I get time later on I might check it out, thanks for the advice. I'm swimming in games right now, Dead Cells and a cool 2D moba released earlier called Hyper Universe. My backlog keeps growing it's crazy, I like all kinds of games and there is so much out there, it's come to a point where there are a lot of amazing games that I have on my plate(amazing to me I mean) and I barely have time to play them all so even what I consider "great" I barely have time for those lol.

Ah, yes I understand. It's tough to settle on The Crew when Xbox has forza, I completely understand that lol. I'm trying to think if I should get a ps4 but I have so many games on x1 that needs to be completed. The backlog just keeps going and going. (I wanna buy dead cells too lol).

I'm always late to new games unless it's a franchise I follow, etc.

To be honest, I'm now playing "The Division". $10 at GameStop. I'm amazed by the game's graphics and they made NYC perfectly, it's so close to the actual city.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Alucard_Prime

@TurboGraphix: yeah I know right I love the graphics in the Division as well....at night with the snow it looks especially nice to me, really gives you the feeling you are there almost....omg I'm playing Dead Cells now, amazing!!!

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#16 Sam3231  Online
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

After playing the first Crew I really am not taking to a second.

takspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17 takspeed
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

After playing the first one I was pretty disappointed, the story was a bore and the controls were very slippery. But... I decided to give ubisoft another chance and was glad I did. I had a blast playing the beta and when I received it as a gift was excited to load it up. They made a lot of improvements -cars handled much better on the road then the first and with all the different vehicles to explore the world with makes it even more fun. Crew was always known for its vast customization and thats what it does best.

Pick up this game if you like arcade-y open world racers that are just about having fun, specially with your friends :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@TurboGraphix said:

@Alucard_Prime: You should still try it yourself, no matter how what anyone says on here. People have different tastes. I have not personally tried it, but judging from your response I suggest you try it for yourself. You may like it. I'm used to NFS Payback controls I thought the controls were perfect. I hate realistic car games, I drive every day to work I don't care about driving in a "real scenario". It seems IPDaily or whatever his/her name is being a lil too critical lol.

Actually I was being nice, I didn't mention the real worst part where the if you're driving a supercar the game world can't keep up and bridges don't pop in and you crash into the bridge supports and have to re-load lol.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

no i'm not into racing games

Nea76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points