Forza 5 & Need for Speed Rivals Owners

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Looking for advice from those have both games. I have these but never unwrapped need for speed. Is it worth keeping?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Well I have Forza 5 and it's an upgrade from Forza 4 but not much. Actually I can't see a difference to be honest. The lighting is improved but can't notice anything else really. I'm thinking of getting Need for Speed because forza 5 is repetitive and I like diversity. Not to mention Forza 5 has jaggies everywhere which is kind of disappointing.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Draign

*eyebrow raise*^

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

Need For Speed looks really good. Only snag is I'm hooked on Forza so have barely played it.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Rivals is pretty damn good. The way the multiplayer is integrated into the single player campaign is great.

You could be racing around and someone can try to come and bust you and any point. Its super fun. I was driving around last night for a hour or so as a undercover cop busting people.

If you have the best of both worlds right now. Forza 5 for sim racing and nfs rivals for arcade style.

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

Need For Speed is always a different game, that what I like about it. Forza 5 is still amazing with amazing graphics, but its all the same. You might aswell stick with Forza 2 or Forza 3. The only difference you will get is a couple cars, race tracks, and the graphics difference. MEH!

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Draign

Yea..Ive been so busy with the launch titles I havent gotten around to NFS, with Forza in particular. I need to renew my Live subscription and pick up a second controller. I only bought Need for Speed because it was the last copy on the shelf at launch lol. AS long as it has replay value i'll keep it. Its just hard for me to trust EA with anything. But I am liking their frostbite engine.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

They are only loosely alike, they play entirely differently. One is just pure white knuckle fun. The other requires a college course to learn how to play.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Draign

@Randolph said:

They are only loosely alike, they play entirely differently. One is just pure white knuckle fun. The other requires a college course to learn how to play.

LOL! Forza 5 is something like a course, if you decide to get into tuning.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RimacBugatti

Well did you notice in Forza Vista that you cant pop the trunk or hood of the cars or is that just certain cars? I mean what a downgrade!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

I have both and i have logged 10 hours or so in forza and maybe 30 minutes into NFS. I just love forza too much to go to nfs. Maybe i will come back to it later.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Well did you notice in Forza Vista that you cant pop the trunk or hood of the cars or is that just certain cars? I mean what a downgrade!

You're a fool

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RimacBugatti

Well that shows your level of intelligence when your vocabulary consists of two words. Good luck!

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#14 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

I have them both, have only played them a little, but I can say the music in Rivals is borderline unbearable, while Forza is a visual masterpiece.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@jekyll said:

I have them both, have only played them a little, but I can say the music in Rivals is borderline unbearable, while Forza is a visual masterpiece.

After about 10 minutes I noticed that and I turned off the music. I prefer to hear only the engine sounds anyways.

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

@RimacBugatti: I've been able to pop the hood on every car so far...

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RimacBugatti

I just bought the Ferrari 458 and I was able to pop the hood but the Genesis didn't appear to have the icon to pop the hood.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

@draign: One is like a high performance real world simulator..the other is like a 3rd person Dukes of Hazard cartoon simulator. Take your pick.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RimacBugatti

Forza 5 is very repetitive so I'm leaning towards getting Need for Speed on PS4. Can't wait for that Driveclub though.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Forza 5 is very repetitive so I'm leaning towards getting Need for Speed on PS4. Can't wait for that Driveclub though.

Can't wait for an inferior title?

Well good for you, I'm glad you don't understand anything about racing games. lol

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

i have a really hard time understanding the game in Need for Speed. It is too open world for my taste. I can not figure out what i am suppose to be doing. Just when i think i am in a race, bam, suddenly i am either being chased by a cop or someone wants to go head to head, or something else happens. I cant figure out the level progression. I need linearity. I dont understand the map, the missions, how to progress. I am completely lost whenever i try to play the game. I just want to race and go from A to B in typical single player fashion. Is that possible in this game?

Forza 5 on the other hand is easy for me to play. Not that the racing is easy, but the game progression is nice and linear.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

Videodogg...I think that's because it's a game designed for people with a short attention span. As far as I can tell...you nailed the whole point of the game...just mindlessly driving..not even stopping for gas or repairs.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RimacBugatti

@Jaysonguy: Well maybe your a Nascar racer. Me I like racing and variety. Gran Turismo is a racer that brings more variety than Forza 5. The gameplay in Gran Turismo is a little more in depth but atleast it brings better visuals than Forza. Need for Speed brings gameplay and visuals but doesn't have the handling of Forza 5. If Need for Speed could produce the handling and sounds of Forza than I would stick to NFS. I'm wondering how you would know that Driveclub is inferior. You sound like a fanboy. Driveclub will blow away Forza so just accept it.