Forza 2 graphics... Is that it??

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
I played the demo, the gameplay is awesome but the graphics are not impressive likeI thought they would, be... so, are the graphics in the demo all we're gonna get, or are they beta graphics?
Chloera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chloera
Member since 2006 • 216 Posts
The demo was just a quick build...took them 2 days to build it
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Funkdaddy13
Member since 2003 • 8930 Posts
The demo really sucked... At least I have PGR4 to look forward to..
Chopmo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Chopmo81
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

Ummm.... are you guys using SDTVs or what?!

The Graphics are amazing.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gp19
50', 1080p, graphics still sucked
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Funkdaddy13

Chopmo81
Watch the new PGR4 trailer on Gametrailers.com and tell me if you still think that...
Chopmo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chopmo81
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

And watch the Forza videos.  What's your point?  Videos allways make the game look better than it actually is.  And if I only played games for graphics.....what kind of gamer would I be?  Besides, the graphics look amazing on my TV....

[QUOTE="Chopmo81"]

Funkdaddy13
Watch the new PGR4 trailer on Gametrailers.com and tell me if you still think that...

newfg311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 newfg311
Member since 2003 • 816 Posts
I thought the graphics were alright at best.  I honestly can't notice any difference between Forza 2 and the other racing games I've played recently.  I won't be buying the game, not because of the graphics, but because I thought the demo was horrible generally speaking.
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Funkdaddy13

And watch the Forza videos. What's your point? Videos allways make the game look better than it actually is. And if I only played games for graphics.....what kind of gamer would I be? Besides, the graphics look amazing on my TV....

[QUOTE="Funkdaddy13"][QUOTE="Chopmo81"]

Chopmo81

The video is actual game footage... Same as the Forza trailer... I have a nice HDTV and the graphics in Forza completely suck...
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
ya, i'm not big on racing games, but i tried it anyways, and ya it's not looking to hot visually speaking.
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gp19

Two important things to remember:

1. This is a demo yet it looks amazing (I know alot of people who agree with me), and that the final build will be better and will have more realistic damage models.

2. If you like racing games and don't like Forza 2 then its mainly because you are either into Arcade Racing game like PGR, or you just an idiot!!

Muhannad_basic

1. I really hope the graphics in the final build are better.

2. If you read closely my first post, you would have seen that I really liked the gameplay, just not too impressed with the graphics, and I'm into simulators like GT for the PS, etc.

3. "or you just an idiot"... well... the correct phrase reads: "or you ARE just an idiot". That just allows me to prove who the real idiot is around here.

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
the game is about to go gold if it hasn't already.  this most likely IS what the game will look like.  sorry about you graphics crybabies that feel you aren't getting a fair shake.  if anything, i was underimpressed by the quality of the track details.  not much in the way of lighting effects and whatnot.  maybe i'm wrong and i certainly hope i am because i too think this game should look better.
h0meskillet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 h0meskillet
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts
In short, can't wait for PGR4. Was going to buy Forza 2, doesn't seem likely now after the demo.
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gp19

the game is about to go gold if it hasn't already. this most likely IS what the game will look like. sorry about you graphics crybabies that feel you aren't getting a fair shake. if anything, i was underimpressed by the quality of the track details. not much in the way of lighting effects and whatnot. maybe i'm wrong and i certainly hope i am because i too think this game should look better.herbie12282

You do know track detail and lightning effect fall under the graphics category, so you're agreeing with me... I didn't say I though lightning was bad, just general graphics.

masterconker25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 masterconker25
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
i was excited about this game, but the graphics sure do look like crap.
jameeler91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 jameeler91
Member since 2006 • 1312 Posts

i dl the demo a couple hours ago, and personally, i didnt like it

i had high hopes for this game, but by the time it comes out , it will merely be a reminiscence to me..

i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts

[QUOTE="herbie12282"]the game is about to go gold if it hasn't already. this most likely IS what the game will look like. sorry about you graphics crybabies that feel you aren't getting a fair shake. if anything, i was underimpressed by the quality of the track details. not much in the way of lighting effects and whatnot. maybe i'm wrong and i certainly hope i am because i too think this game should look better.gp19

You do know track detail and lightning effect fall under the graphics category, so you're agreeing with me... I didn't say I though lightning was bad, just general graphics.

Ummm... i'm not sure, but you DID just call someone an idiot for missing a word, right? So, why is it exactly that you refer to lighting as lightNing?!?! No offense, just thought I would bring that up... Oh, yeah. To the poster who said "videos always make games look better">.. Well, hopefully so. I've never played a game that used noting but static screenshots...
Avatar image for ilplaynebody510
ilplaynebody510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ilplaynebody510
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
i dont care the game is a simulator trying to target realism...as for others such as project gotham where it is more of a drifting and showcase of cars...if you you like that kind of style play..or lookin for just graphics look else where..and for those commenting i should look at pgr instead of forza 2...guess you think the game itself will not be customizable, online, career mode...i meen damn sorry that it only 2 forza 2 games in its franchise to threat other racin games that had back bone of experience
SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SPHYNXA
Member since 2003 • 2944 Posts
You guys make it sound like the graphics in real life are really glood... newsflash, they're kind of bland :P
jdbthexboxgamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 jdbthexboxgamr
Member since 2006 • 2307 Posts

The graphics are great IMO. yes they will probably be better in the final game. man you guys are impossible to impress these days. just play games and have fun and stop complainig about slight graphical problems. You guys call yourself gamers?,geesh.

BTW PGR4 will definately take the graphics crown when it gets released.

CaUs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CaUs3
Member since 2006 • 2903 Posts
game will be better
racer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 racer360
Member since 2005 • 2422 Posts

1. This is a demo yet it looks amazing (I know alot of people who agree with me), and that the final build will be better and will have more realistic damage models.

2. If you like racing games and don't like Forza 2 then its mainly because you are either into Arcade Racing game like PGR, or you just an idiot!!

Muhannad_basic
exactly and on my 46inch sony wega hdtv the game looks great
Muhannad_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Muhannad_basic
Member since 2002 • 3687 Posts
[QUOTE="Muhannad_basic"]

1. This is a demo yet it looks amazing (I know alot of people who agree with me), and that the final build will be better and will have more realistic damage models.

gp19

1. I really hope the graphics in the final build are better.

2. If you read closely my first post, you would have seen that I really liked the gameplay, just not too impressed with the graphics, and I'm into simulators like GT for the PS, etc.

3. "or you just an idiot"... well... the correct phrase reads: "or you ARE just an idiot". That just allows me to prove who the real idiot is around here.

I wasn't talking about you, I was speaking about racing gamers in general! and forgetting a word doesn't make me an idiot, but i guess you emphazing such a small typing mistake makes YOU the idiot.

Areola54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Areola54
Member since 2006 • 1827 Posts
this is the end of Forza franchise
bc73650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bc73650
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

The word of the day kids is disappointment first one with the definition gets a jolly rancher

SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SPHYNXA

The word of the day kids is disappointment first one with the definition gets a jolly rancher

bc73650

Forza 2?  Strawberry Kiwi please 

Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts

i used the wireless racing wheel and it sucked compared to pgr3 if this is a RACING SIM then why is ther next to no force feed back if this is in the final build this game is a real dissapointing:(

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
i just hope all the kiddies bashing forza 2 do skip the game.  the forza community is one of the most mature and friendliest,  we dont need a bunch of kiddies trolling for attention.  forza1 is still the best racer on the 360,  and will be till the 29th.  i'm suprised at the lack of facts in the thread,  it's as bad as a systems wars thread.
Avatar image for N00bOfAllTrades
N00bOfAllTrades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 N00bOfAllTrades
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts

I'm looking forward to this a lot more than PGR4 the graphics are a bit disappointing currently(I'm sure they'll improve) but a 50 hour story is supposed to  be apparent, which has more to look forward to than PGR or burnout.

moocow21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 moocow21
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts
I also think the graphics in Forza 2 are very weak, and yes I'mplaying on a nice HDTV. Sim racers are usually known for mind-blowing graphics, and this one does not deliver.
kyle_1865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kyle_1865
Member since 2005 • 1025 Posts
the real game will prolly have better graphics, i wasnt disappointed. everyone has just been spoiled by gears of war, they cant look past graphics anymore and are basing purchasing the game on graphics alone.
gamer4life85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamer4life85
Member since 2003 • 1203 Posts
Forza 2 has gone gold
SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SPHYNXA

I also think the graphics in Forza 2 are very weak, and yes I'mplaying on a nice HDTV. Sim racers are usually known for mind-blowing graphics, and this one does not deliver.moocow21

I thought it was the opposite? Sim-anything are known for their stats and realism but not so much their graphics? I may be incorrect, I'm not a "simulation" sort of gamer, but this is just what I gathered from screenshots of other games across different genres.

jack_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jack_basic
Member since 2002 • 196 Posts
Agreed, this game honestly looks awful.  I dl'ed it earlier and this completely killed my enthusiasm for it.  So glad they released a demo so that I didnt have to waste 60 bucks.  By the way, I am using a 26in lcd at 720p.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
It is only a demo. I wouldn't be surprised if the full version of the game gets released with much superior graphics (although, i am just getting the demo now and can't even comment on the graphics as of yet).
Cuben360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cuben360
Member since 2005 • 280 Posts

i got the demo and I loved the gameplay and new line system and all but the visuals didnt impress me. I just bought my 50 inch 1080p tv and I been playing games like Gears of war and stuff and the look very clean and I played GTHD and Ridge Racer on my PS3 in 1080p and I was wicked impressed on how they looked, in fact after playing gtHD and then played forza 2 demo I was not impressed in forza 2 but Loving GtHD demo. I hope the final game will look much better, that game backgrounds dont look as clear as they should be. I mean if A game like Ridge racer 7 looks better then Forza 2 then they need to push this game back another year or so.

In fact I am kinda upset that GTHD got canned. The demo looks amazing and I was looking forward for this game. I didnt care so much for it before but after seeing it in 1080p I was in awe.

I really hope this demo was from a very early build 

Jazz559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jazz559
Member since 2002 • 1750 Posts

HAH!  A bunch of graphics whores don't think that the new king of racing simulations looks good...and even go as far as to say the graphics "suck". 

If you kids don't like the graphics then don't play the game, believe me...the online for Forza will be much better without a bunch of kids putting body kits on Civics and yelling at me to pick a car with fewer cylinders so that they can keep up and I can look at their UBER paint job. 

That is all 

thomass60r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 thomass60r
Member since 2006 • 1928 Posts
50', 1080p, graphics still suckedgp19
i have a 32inch hdtv hraphics look great
damstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 damstr
Member since 2003 • 8217 Posts
[QUOTE="Chopmo81"]

Funkdaddy13

Thats about the only thing going for that game.

Don't get me wrong, I love PGR3 but in terms of a racing sim, its gets embarrased. True tuners/drivers will appreciate Forza 2 over PGR4 A LOT more. 

menduco76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 menduco76
Member since 2006 • 650 Posts

the game is about to go gold if it hasn't already.  this most likely IS what the game will look like.  sorry about you graphics crybabies that feel you aren't getting a fair shake.  if anything, i was underimpressed by the quality of the track details.  not much in the way of lighting effects and whatnot.  maybe i'm wrong and i certainly hope i am because i too think this game should look better.herbie12282

remember..this is just one track.  And considering its just a plain track in the middle of the day, there isnt much room for great lighting effects and track details.  Compare it to the Nurburgring (or however it is that its actually spelled) track on PGR3 and you will see that thats more or less how the track should look. 

In response to everyone who said that the graphics "Suck", I think its more of a matter of you being disapointed because of your unreasonably high expectations.  The graphics in this game are not what I expected either, but maybe I also had unreasonably high expectations.  After playing it a couple times I payed close attention to the graphics, and they are without a doubt and objectively speaking much better than PGR3's.  PGR3's graphics are loaded with jaggies and just not as sharp as these.  Look at the leaves on the trees, the detail is far superior than that of PGR3...as well as the people in the stands.  The cars look just as good if not better than PGR3s do. 

And like I said above...remember, this is a limited build, with just ONE track. 

Wait untill the game comes out and read the reviews at several sites before passing judgement on this one.  Thats what I will do.  Im definitely not buying this game as soon as it comes out but ill take my time and see how the game actually turns out.

Cuben360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cuben360

i will still buy this game and I dont base on what I played in a demo ever unless that game was total crap. I will pick it up day one and love it but as far as visuals I am not impressed. If anyone has a 1080p tv and played this game and also have the GTHD demo you can tell the difference in visuals.

What I like about forza is crash damage, customizing the cars, online play and the whole community of the game has to offer. and I cant wait for the achievments.  I think The Graphics of the new GT game and the selection of the cars and all the tracks you can race on and the detail of GT games  I will explode. There is room for both games and actually very different even though they are race simulation. I think ifyou go to news for games they have a side by side comparison of GT and Forza the difference is amazing

danxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 danxxx
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
great game, graphics are not wow but they do look good im totally buying it.
kyle_1865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kyle_1865
Member since 2005 • 1025 Posts
you guys are worse than the halo 3 beta bashers
Cuben360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cuben360
http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.aspx?catid=8&threadid=716936&enterthread=y
matttrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 matttrd
Member since 2004 • 5076 Posts

The demo was enough to put me off buying it thanks MS saved me £40.

downed_round

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 downed_round
Member since 2004 • 455 Posts

[QUOTE="herbie12282"]the game is about to go gold if it hasn't already. this most likely IS what the game will look like. sorry about you graphics crybabies that feel you aren't getting a fair shake. if anything, i was underimpressed by the quality of the track details. not much in the way of lighting effects and whatnot. maybe i'm wrong and i certainly hope i am because i too think this game should look better.menduco76

remember..this is just one track. And considering its just a plain track in the middle of the day, there isnt much room for great lighting effects and track details. Compare it to the Nurburgring (or however it is that its actually spelled) track on PGR3 and you will see that thats more or less how the track should look.

In response to everyone who said that the graphics "Suck", I think its more of a matter of you being disapointed because of your unreasonably high expectations. The graphics in this game are not what I expected either, but maybe I also had unreasonably high expectations. After playing it a couple times I payed close attention to the graphics, and they are without a doubt and objectively speaking much better than PGR3's. PGR3's graphics are loaded with jaggies and just not as sharp as these. Look at the leaves on the trees, the detail is far superior than that of PGR3...as well as the people in the stands. The cars look just as good if not better than PGR3s do.

And like I said above...remember, this is a limited build, with just ONE track.

Wait untill the game comes out and read the reviews at several sites before passing judgement on this one. Thats what I will do. Im definitely not buying this game as soon as it comes out but ill take my time and see how the game actually turns out.

Amen, the voice of reason 

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#50 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
the graphics weren't THAT bad. i mean, this game is going to be jam packed with content, you can't expect too much. that's like expecting WoW to look like gears.