For true RPG gamers, Too Human.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Torous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Torous
Member since 2004 • 915 Posts

Guys, this game is going to be amazing. I truly think that it has everything to become the next big RPG. Check this website :http://toohuman.net/

What do you think?

P.S. If you are not an RPG friend and do not plan to buy the game, please avoid hating posts.

ThE_SoCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ThE_SoCK
Member since 2003 • 459 Posts
i'm hoping it doesnt come up short like hellgate london did... that was rather disappointing
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

Yeah I've been watching this game for over a year and can't wait for it. Though Mass Effect is keeping me busy at the moment. Then Too Human - and THEN...

Fallout 3!!! :)

saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 saiyanlarry
Member since 2003 • 548 Posts
been waiting a long time for it. i get really into these games like diablo and phantasy star online. its addicting leveling up and finding better weapons and armors. heres to hoping it turns out great.
Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ravi_1900
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts
Too Human is seeming to be good the graphics and Audio is great but let see how they hold up the story but by the cutscene it seems that it would be good and its quite cinematics I mean 360 has more concentraction on gameply instead of cinematics and if this one is as cinematic as I could have imagined but if they get correct story line it would be awesome.
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
i can't wait for this game to come out! I've watched alot of videos and interviews about this game. Silicon Knights looks like they are doing an amazing and painstakingly good job on this game. this and fallout 3 are the games i can not wait for.
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

Actually a real RPG is a turn based game, not this, Too Human, Mass Effect, Oblivion and all those games just have some RPG elements, Suikoden, Breath of fire and Final Fantasy(before squaresoft and enix joined forces) were real RPGs.

Though i do agree, Too Human looks really cool, the level design and the Artwork are really creative, im just worried about the Combat gameplay, it looks really bad, oh well at least Fallout 3 is coming.

Kaizersozey83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kaizersozey83
Member since 2004 • 141 Posts
Looks cool. I have a bad feeling about it though. Kinda Feels like a Mass Effect status right now. BTW, this isn't a traditional rpg. It may adopt rpg elements, but c'mon.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

I like the idea, the RPG element, and the customizing.

But the actual gameplay and everything looks so boring it makes me not even want to rent it.

CrazyFox_444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 CrazyFox_444
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts
ive been registered at TooHuman.net for about 7 months :)
TooQuickStix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TooQuickStix
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts
Yeah Ive really been waiting for this game too, hurts me every time they push it back. While maybe RPG used to be turn based, I do think genre's are dissolving and its hard to say its not an RPG. When you are worried about inventory, classes, skills and leveling choices, it sounds a lot like an RPG to me. A number of non turn based games are RPG, Oblivion and WoW to name a couple of the most recent.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
You dont have to play or own Too Human to be considered a TRUE RPG gamer. That's a bias remark. It all comes down to taste. Although, I enjoy RPGs like Lost Odyssey, Oblivion, Mass Effect, FF series, I might find a game like Eternal Sonata to be unappealing. So far, Too Human looks great and it definitely has a lot of potential. I'm digging the mega list of upgrades and customization. For me, that really stood out the most. Gameplay is another story and we'll have to find out and see. I'm looking foward to Too Human, Fallout 3, and Fable 2. I hope they turn out to be AAA titles.
Bartag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bartag
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Actually a real RPG is a turn based game, not this, Too Human, Mass Effect, Oblivion and all those games just have some RPG elements, Suikoden, Breath of fire and Final Fantasy(before squaresoft and enix joined forces) were real RPGs.

great_rulo

Actually a real RPG involves pen and paper... but that's just me being nit-picky:D

There are so many combat rules even in the roll dice type games that calling a game RPG or not depending on if you take turns fighting is, to me, a bit limiting. Baulder's Gate, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Icewind Dale are all RPGs but they don't follow a turn system per se.

seeddrmmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 seeddrmmr
Member since 2005 • 339 Posts
Looks lackluster in every dept, not even a rent for me. I was excited at first, but the more I learn about it, the less I care.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is. It doesn't look that great, it looks like another hack and slash but with lousy animations and crappy effects.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
[QUOTE="great_rulo"]

Bartag

Actually a real RPG involves pen and paper... but that's just me being nit-picky:D

There are so many combat rules even in the roll dice type games that calling a game RPG or not depending on if you take turns fighting is, to me, a bit limiting. Baulder's Gate, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Icewind Dale are all RPGs but they don't follow a turn system per se.

RPG
Role Playing Game
It's any game where you play the role of another character.
AlienSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlienSoldier
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
[QUOTE="Bartag"][QUOTE="great_rulo"]

ag1002

RPG
Role Playing Game

Not really, you wouldn't call Virtua fighter a role playing game even though you play the role of another character.

HardcoreBunni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 HardcoreBunni
Member since 2008 • 643 Posts

I know people whou would be so p****d off at that remark. True RPG gamers? True RPG gamers are those people who walked around dungeons in random monster combats that were fought on a turn-based fashion to level up so that they were strong enough to beat the boss of a certain level, level after level so they were rewarded with beautiful cutscenes.

So I find this comment insulting.

However, Too Human is looking quite cool.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Just because turn-based RPG came into existence before other types of RPGs, doesnt make it a true RPG. Maybe a classic, but not true RPG. True RPG is any type RPG game.
seeddrmmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 seeddrmmr
Member since 2005 • 339 Posts
Damn....hardcore bunny IS hardcore. I concur. HOORAH.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

Though i do agree, Too Human looks really cool, the level design and the Artwork are really creative, im just worried about the Combat gameplay, it looks really bad, oh well at least Fallout 3 is coming.

great_rulo
actually both are real RPG, your confusing JRPG, WRPG, Turn-based RPG, and Action RPG, all of which are true RPGs sorry but that is fact.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts
[QUOTE="ag1002"][QUOTE="Bartag"][QUOTE="great_rulo"]

AlienSoldier

RPG
Role Playing Game

Not really, you wouldn't call Virtua fighter a role playing game even though you play the role of another character.

LOL - exactly! According to that definition - every single video game ever is a role playing game because you are always playing another character. :P

Torous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Torous

I don't see what the big deal is. It doesn't look that great, it looks like another hack and slash but with lousy animations and crappy effects.ag1002

It is NOT. The main focus is on RPG elements.

Torous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Torous

You dont have to play or own Too Human to be considered a TRUE RPG gamer. That's a bias remark. It all comes down to taste. Although, I enjoy RPGs like Lost Odyssey, Oblivion, Mass Effect, FF series, I might find a game like Eternal Sonata to be unappealing. So far, Too Human looks great and it definitely has a lot of potential. I'm digging the mega list of upgrades and customization. For me, that really stood out the most. Gameplay is another story and we'll have to find out and see. I'm looking foward to Too Human, Fallout 3, and Fable 2. I hope they turn out to be AAA titles.Elann2008

Not at all. I never said that you have to play TH to be considered an RPG fan. I said that this game is for true RPG fans. The other way around doesn't have to be true. I just hate it when people consider it a hack and slash game.

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#25 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I'm really hoping for this game to be good.

It has the potential to be incredible, but sadly it also has the potential to be horrible.