for those who have played fallout 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jonnyglitch8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jonnyglitch8
Member since 2005 • 2530 Posts

Apparently im like one of the only people that hasnt played it haha. Mainly my question is. is it a game with alot of depth? I was a huge oblivion fan because there was so much to do and rpg style just pulled me in. From what i've seen from my friends playing it it seemed pretty shallow... with not much too it, but i wouldnt know for sure because i havent played it? i just wanna know if it really is worth the 60 bucks

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Fallout 3 is huge and there is loads to do, I haven't had time to scratch the surface yet :( because I have no time to play lol but there is a lot to be done in this game and its great value for money.

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts

I think it's pretty massive. Not sure if it's bigger than Oblivion because I've only played through once without exploring or anything, but there is a lot to offer.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

There's a ton to do in Fallout 3. There is so much to explore and do if you want even before the main quest. The game is pretty massive and loads of fun. One of my favorites from last year.

luke89330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 luke89330
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts
I loved Oblivion too, thats how I started to like Bathesda, also thats why I anticipate so much before Fallout 3's release day. However I have to say I was disappointed. Is it shallow? That depends your own personal standard of "depth", I liked Oblivion because its quests are very interesting, and it keeps you going. In Fallout, I felt bored, quests really doesnt have any story, or any thing that attracts you to do it. Most of them are just helping people to do stuff. And they reward in the end. Some of them have depth, but again its according to your standards. Yes its massive, about the size of Oblivion, many locations you can explore, but I didnt like it much because those explorations are pointless, just some repetitive dungeons over and over again. People say Fallout is like you love it or you hate it kind of a game, I agree. I also do recommend to try it out though, its still a worth-playing game. But 60 bucks? I assume you care about money, so my suggest is NO. Buy it off from ebay or amazon or something, or rent it, if you dont like it, return or sell it out. I didnt bother online marketplace before, I bought it the first day for 60, finished Fallout, did almost every quests, still didnt like it, traded it in for only 17. It does not worth 60 bucks to me.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
I loved Oblivion too, thats how I started to like Bathesda, also thats why I anticipate so much before Fallout 3's release day. However I have to say I was disappointed. Is it shallow? That depends your own personal standard of "depth", I liked Oblivion because its quests are very interesting, and it keeps you going. In Fallout, I felt bored, quests really doesnt have any story, or any thing that attracts you to do it. Most of them are just helping people to do stuff. And they reward in the end. Some of them have depth, but again its according to your standards. Yes its massive, about the size of Oblivion, many locations you can explore, but I didnt like it much because those explorations are pointless, just some repetitive dungeons over and over again. People say Fallout is like you love it or you hate it kind of a game, I agree. I also do recommend to try it out though, its still a worth-playing game. But 60 bucks? I assume you care about money, so my suggest is NO. Buy it off from ebay or amazon or something, or rent it, if you dont like it, return or sell it out. I didnt bother online marketplace before, I bought it the first day for 60, finished Fallout, did almost every quests, still didnt like it, traded it in for only 17. It does not worth 60 bucks to me.luke89330
great read man.
Thiscold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Thiscold
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

Fallout 3 is huge and there is loads to do, I haven't had time to scratch the surface yet :( because I have no time to play lol but there is a lot to be done in this game and its great value for money.

SapSacPrime

In my opnion there is so much more things to do in Oblivion than in fallout 3.. I guess fallout 3 is bigger area all and all. But more stuff to do in Oblivion. Nevertheless great game.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I love this game. My personal GOTY. To answer your question about depth: every action you take has consequences and you have to build yourself a reputation. Lenght-wise, it took me 25-30 hours to beat the game and one month later I'm still playing it daily to discover all there is to see. Be advised, though: it's extremely violent and gory.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

[QUOTE="SapSacPrime"]Fallout 3 is huge and there is loads to do, I haven't had time to scratch the surface yet :( because I have no time to play lol but there is a lot to be done in this game and its great value for money.

Thiscold

In my opnion there is so much more things to do in Oblivion than in fallout 3.. I guess fallout 3 is bigger area all and all. But more stuff to do in Oblivion. Nevertheless great game.

If anything I think the Oblivion gameworld is larger, atleast it isn't such a regular shape. Fallout 3 does have quite a lot of locations packed into the map, and I don't think there is any point you can stand on the map without atleast one map marker pointing you to a nearby location.

Just as with Oblivion you only get the most out of the game if you go off the beaten track and go exploring. There is so much more content that you would never see if you just followed the main quest.

If you enjoyed Oblivion, and want a futuristic version with guns, then Fallout should be good for you. Fallout is definitely aimed at the more mature gamer because of its content, and more than deserving of the Mature rating it got, but a very fun game to play

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

To me, Oblivion had more involved quests, cause with each faction, such as Fighters' Guild or the Mages' Guild, they were like mini storylines set parallel to the main quest. With Fallout 3, you really don't have that. However, while a lot of people say that there's a lot to do, I was able to beat Fallout's main quest, and all the side quests (minus the DLC and Strictly Business) in just over 30 hours, but then again, it also depends on the person too. Still a good game, but I'd see if you could get it for less than the $60.

DaveDude57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 DaveDude57
Member since 2008 • 1304 Posts
It is not shallow, it is worth MORE than the 60 bucks, it is huge, and there is tons of stuff to do. It is so fun and worth it!
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
The game isn't particularly deep, but it should be more than enough for the typical 360 gamer.
Avatar image for Penalty_of_Hero
Penalty_of_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 Penalty_of_Hero
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

If you liked oblivion you'll like Fallout 3. Personally I would rank Fallout 3 as one of the 10-15 best games ever made. I really enjoyed it. I think I have played around 60h, and I still have things to find. The only problem with the game is that if you don't want to do all the side quest you can beat the game rather fast (4-8 hours I would guess) and when you have finished the game you can't continue which sucks (but you can just skip to do the final quest). But that's the only bad thing with Fallout 3.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I received all 1000 points in 56 hours. I haven't played the downloadable content yet.

Overall, I felt that there could have been more. The world is gigantic, but there is only a handful of quests to do. However, if you like to explore, the massive size will keep you busy for a while!

Get the game its an experience. However, if I could rewind time, I'd wait til the price went down.

CiscoJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 CiscoJP
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

The game is definitely worth it. I think it may have a bit less content than Oblivion just because of the setting. In Oblivion, you can have all sorts of landscapes, towns, people, shops, etc. It is a living, thriving world. In Fallout 3, you're in what's left of Washington and the surrounding areas. Most of it has been destroyed, so yeah, it's a bit more desolate. It's a different storyline and setting, but much more realistic in my opinion. Also, I like the level scaling (or lack thereof) in Fallout 3. You really feel like leveling up helps you become more powerful, and getting bigger and better weapons is very satisfying. Raiders who posed a huge threat to you at Level 1 are nothing but target practice by level 7 or 8. In Oblivion, everything in the world levels up as you do, and I kind of got annoyed at fighting badits who consistently had better and better equipment to match my level. Took away a lot of the realism of the game for me (ironic as that is).

skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#16 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts

there is tons of stuff to do in fallout 3. i'll try not to give away any spoilers. but you start out in an underground vault. you have some things you can do from there. you have a pip boy (which is like a pda)that has a map on it and objectives you need to accomplish. there is so much to it i can't possibly get to it all. but you have lots, and lots of stuff to do in the game.

jonnyglitch8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 jonnyglitch8
Member since 2005 • 2530 Posts
The guild's in oblivion were some of my favorite parts of the entire game, being able to work your way to the top of each one just gave me a feeling of satisfaction. Fallout just seems like the kinda game that doesnt have that feeling of joining a group and REALLY climbing your way to the top, and sure i've read and watched all the brotherhood of steel stuff, but idk, it just doesnt look like it would have the same impact on me... idk haha
Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts
I wasnt a fan of Oblivion but loved Fallout 3 if you stick to the general story its pretty short but the map is huge with a lot of side quests and more being added via DLC. Its definetly worth picking up.
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#19 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

If you take your time, completing side quests and make time to read info on terminals ect, it can bevery rewarding, entertaining and extremely funny at times.. I've only played through the main story once which took me around 150 hours playing on and off over a couple of months, I still roam around the wastlands in search for the last couple of Bobbleheads ect.. Personally I would suggest giving it a wirl, you may be pleasantly supprised.

Avatar image for GG-raaaaiiiiiii
GG-raaaaiiiiiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 GG-raaaaiiiiiii
Member since 2009 • 65 Posts

Fallout 3 was so good I played through it multiple times. Just watch out if you plan on collecting all the bobbleheads as there are a few things you can do to ruin your chance at collecting them all. I missed one permanently in two different playthroughs :(.