For everyone w/ Shadowrun

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MpLs_AsSaSsiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MpLs_AsSaSsiN
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Can anyone get into a multiplayer match? I just beat all those long training sessions, but when I try to get into an online match it just searches forever.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SymphonicWaves
Member since 2006 • 832 Posts
There's probably no one online.  Or they shoulda put out a demo ahead of time to work out the networking kinks.
bm500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bm500
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts
well it just released so people need to get a hold of it
WraithsLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WraithsLotus
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
they did, its called a beta, and im sure its cause no one is online yet
MpLs_AsSaSsiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MpLs_AsSaSsiN
Theres gotta be some people online by now.
jameeler91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 jameeler91
Member since 2006 • 1312 Posts

its most likely cause it just came out

either:1) not many ppl got it, 2)they havent finished the singleplayer chapters, or 3) servers arent up yet

most likely 3

WraithsLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WraithsLotus
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
lol 3 is the dumbest thing ive ever heard
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SymphonicWaves

they did, its called a beta, and im sure its cause no one is online yetWraithsLotus

Oh yea, they did didn't they.  There was so little hype for it I totally forgot. 

killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts
Just play offline bot matches. Those are fun as hell. It's also great practice.
MpLs_AsSaSsiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MpLs_AsSaSsiN

True statement. They are fun as hell.

Grymreign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Grymreign
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts
The reason that people might not be online right now is because there are a TON of people (like myself) who are waiting to get the game after someone credible gives it a review hehe.  I'm not going to spend money on the game if it sucks.  Hopin it doesn't though.
ergo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 ergo33
Member since 2003 • 64 Posts
waiting on the review also.......if it sux im gettin forza 2.im sooo hopin it doesnt suck
Destroyer417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Destroyer417
Member since 2005 • 205 Posts
U just have to wait. it took me awhile
CerMakAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CerMakAlot
Member since 2006 • 560 Posts

True statement. They are fun as hell.

MpLs_AsSaSsiN

I hope so. I'm planning on getting this just based on SNES nostalgia. BTW Do you live in Minneapolis?  Or does MpLs mean something else?
Avatar image for Supermanunbound
Supermanunbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Supermanunbound
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts
I'm just waiting for it to be in a store near me. It's 3 and a half hours to phoenix, I just can't justify a 7 hour drive to get a video game these days. I'd be spending more money on gas than the game...
acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
There is no reviews for it anywhere because they did not send out review copies ahead of time, so that is prolly a good sign that the game sucks, I think they are just hoping that people will pick it up out of curiosity before bad reviews go up. And also no developers on the developing team anymore so who is gonna update the game and fix bugs and gameplay issues? no one.
MpLs_AsSaSsiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MpLs_AsSaSsiN

Yeah I live in Minneapolis.

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

it takes about 10 minutes,ive been in 2 matches and they both took 10 minutes,

be patince,

thegreat_one3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thegreat_one3
Member since 2004 • 623 Posts

mabey working out the kinks

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

There is no reviews for it anywhere because they did not send out review copies ahead of time, so that is prolly a good sign that the game sucks, I think they are just hoping that people will pick it up out of curiosity before bad reviews go up. And also no developers on the developing team anymore so who is gonna update the game and fix bugs and gameplay issues? no one.acidic_dude

go look at the user reviews for the games,everyone is giving it 9's.

this game is awsome.

disbadaszfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 disbadaszfool
Member since 2004 • 277 Posts

There is no reviews for it anywhere because they did not send out review copies ahead of time, so that is prolly a good sign that the game sucks, I think they are just hoping that people will pick it up out of curiosity before bad reviews go up. And also no developers on the developing team anymore so who is gonna update the game and fix bugs and gameplay issues? no one.acidic_dude

Where did you get that idea. Im 100% positive that there WILL be updates for this game, especially for PC. 

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 acidic_dude

[QUOTE="acidic_dude"]There is no reviews for it anywhere because they did not send out review copies ahead of time, so that is prolly a good sign that the game sucks, I think they are just hoping that people will pick it up out of curiosity before bad reviews go up. And also no developers on the developing team anymore so who is gonna update the game and fix bugs and gameplay issues? no one.disbadaszfool

Where did you get that idea. Im 100% positive that there WILL be updates for this game, especially for PC. 

There will be now that the game is out but usually companys send out a review copy about a week or so before the games release so that the review can be up the same day as the games release.

[QUOTE="acidic_dude"]There is no reviews for it anywhere because they did not send out review copies ahead of time, so that is prolly a good sign that the game sucks, I think they are just hoping that people will pick it up out of curiosity before bad reviews go up. And also no developers on the developing team anymore so who is gonna update the game and fix bugs and gameplay issues? no one.tree-branch

this game is awsome.

I was just speculating, i have no idea, the key word i used was prolly, if i was making a game and i knew it sucked but it had a little curiosity hype, I would not send out a review copy to the press a week early, I would just send the game out to shelves and hope some fools would buy it before bad reviews go up and slows down sells.

SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SymphonicWaves
[QUOTE="disbadaszfool"]

[QUOTE="acidic_dude"]There is no reviews for it anywhere because they did not send out review copies ahead of time, so that is prolly a good sign that the game sucks, I think they are just hoping that people will pick it up out of curiosity before bad reviews go up. And also no developers on the developing team anymore so who is gonna update the game and fix bugs and gameplay issues? no one.acidic_dude

No, you said no developers.  You said it probably sucked, but you didn't give any probably to the lack of developers and updates/bug fixes. 

There will be now that the game is out but usually companys send out a review copy about a week or so before the games release so that the review can be up the same day as the games release.

[QUOTE="acidic_dude"]There is no reviews for it anywhere because they did not send out review copies ahead of time, so that is prolly a good sign that the game sucks, I think they are just hoping that people will pick it up out of curiosity before bad reviews go up. And also no developers on the developing team anymore so who is gonna update the game and fix bugs and gameplay issues? no one.tree-branch

this game is awsome.

I was just speculating, i have no idea, the key word i used was prolly, if i was making a game and i knew it sucked but it had a little curiosity hype, I would not send out a review copy to the press a week early, I would just send the game out to shelves and hope some fools would buy it before bad reviews go up and slows down sells.

ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

this game is awsome.

Any user review written this early is guaranteed to be faulty in at least some aspects. There is no way they have had enough play time, both offline with bots and online with both 360 and PC users, to have a fair idea of what the game is like. Therefore, the user will give it a very high review if they like it, or a very low review if they hate it. This is the "honeymoon" stage of a game's release where everything about the game is awesome.

I'm waiting for professional reviews, or at least user reviews written with more game experience (say, the next few days) before making my choice. If this game sucks, Forza 2 gets my money.

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
this game is NICE....graphics are crisp and the gameplay can get pretty intense
crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts

The reason that people might not be online right now is because there are a TON of people (like myself) who are waiting to get the game after someone credible gives it a review hehe.  I'm not going to spend money on the game if it sucks.  Hopin it doesn't though.Grymreign

exactly what i am waiting for...im waiting for some credible reviews and boom if its over 8.5 ill be getting that babe

crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts

Are you seroius dude, the rumor that FASA disbanded was just that a rumor. And if you did ur friggen research, like for example go to the shadowrun site and go to the irc chat that the devs held yesturday maybe youll get some sense. Not only are they not disbanded they are also working on new additions to the game such as addition of single player split screen, new race "orcs" and more weapons and magic. SO plz dont talk.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SymphonicWaves
I'm only getting it cause I'm gameflying it, otherwise, no chance without a review.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Oh man the game is awesome. I have it but I my 360 is broken so I played it at a friends.
bradenzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 bradenzzz
Member since 2004 • 2439 Posts
im having great fun with Shadowrun. definitely worth it. so all Shadowrun players looking for some awesome matches later on check out my earlier post "sticky? i think so". we're postin' gamertags. all good players are welcome ( good being you wont deserve a mute ever :] )
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#31 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Wow...

I OFFICIAL GOT OWNED...

I was hating on this game and had LOW expectations to say the least, but after playing it alot today, i have to say that I am VERY VERY impressed.

POSITIVES:

- Great new original gameplay with all the RPG/spell elements in it

- The differnt characters and what not are pretty cool to

- I enjoy the guns in the game to

- The game modes are also very addicting

- Did i mention the RPG element to a FPS game? I LOVE IT!

- The best TUTORIALS in any game ive ever played... they are really good. 

NEGATIVES:

- Average graphcis to say the least

- Now singleplayer (although i dont care AT ALL anymore, after spending most of today on xbox live.

Overall, this is the most surprising game so far on the 360, i thought this game would be terrible but its alot of fun!

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#32 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
I get in very easily. There are tons of people online.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nygiants1080
How would no one be online on a game that you can play on both PC and 360? haha that is a stupid thing to say/think.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#34 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I get in very easily. There are tons of people online.FlawlessSeasons

Yup, i havnt had ANY trouble all day today getting into games. Sometimes you might have to wait 30 seconds - 1min, but that only happened once for me today. 

Great that u can play with people on pc (: 

MpLs_AsSaSsiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MpLs_AsSaSsiN
I finally have been getting into online matches and i must say this game is awesome! The only problem I have with it is the limited choice of weapons, besides that its awesome. IMO.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SymphonicWaves

How would no one be online on a game that you can play on both PC and 360? haha that is a stupid thing to say/think.nygiants1080

lol.  PC players need to have windows vista to play this game, AND have Vista Live or whatever it is.  So Vista, a new

set up, which sucks for gaming because it's so new and the drivers suck for gaming, so THAT severely limits the amount

of PC players.

Stack that on top of the fact that many console gamers either can't find a copy, or are waiting for some kind of a review,

and it's perfectly understandable to see why practically no one would be online....idiot. 

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nygiants1080

[QUOTE="nygiants1080"]How would no one be online on a game that you can play on both PC and 360? haha that is a stupid thing to say/think.SymphonicWaves

lol.  PC players need to have windows vista to play this game, AND have Vista Live or whatever it is.  So Vista, a new

set up, which sucks for gaming because it's so new and the drivers suck for gaming, so THAT severely limits the amount

of PC players.

Stack that on top of the fact that many console gamers either can't find a copy, or are waiting for some kind of a review,

and it's perfectly understandable to see why practically no one would be online....idiot. 

Because im sure two people in the world have Windows Vista and Xbox 360.

Your trying to explain to me that no one in the world was online at the same time yet this board is flooded with Shadowrun topics?

SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SymphonicWaves
[QUOTE="SymphonicWaves"]

[QUOTE="nygiants1080"]How would no one be online on a game that you can play on both PC and 360? haha that is a stupid thing to say/think.nygiants1080

of PC players.

Because im sure two people in the world have Windows Vista and Xbox 360.

Your trying to explain to me that no one in the world was online at the same time yet this board is flooded with Shadowrun topics?

Topics?  topics?  Topics can be about ANYTHING!!!  Of course this guy isn't the only person online.  I'm saying there are

likely very, very few people online for it, ESPECIALLY considering this game has NO HYPE!!!  Gamers who post on 

message boards like this are like, the only ones who know about this game.  This isn't Halo, this is no AAA game.

This is a game that has had practically zero publicity until the day it was released, with a demo that won't come out

until a week after the game has launched.  I'm saying with very few people, it might explain why it was taking so long

to get a match going, unless you can play 1 on 1 matches or something. 

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 acidic_dude
[QUOTE="acidic_dude"]There is no reviews for it anywhere because they did not send out review copies ahead of time, so that is prolly a good sign that the game sucks, I think they are just hoping that people will pick it up out of curiosity before bad reviews go up. And also no developers on the developing team anymore so who is gonna update the game and fix bugs and gameplay issues? no one.crazymunda6

Are you seroius dude, the rumor that FASA disbanded was just that a rumor. And if you did ur friggen research, like for example go to the shadowrun site and go to the irc chat that the devs held yesturday maybe youll get some sense. Not only are they not disbanded they are also working on new additions to the game such as addition of single player split screen, new race "orcs" and more weapons and magic. SO plz dont talk.

i looked at their website and it said for the launce the devs will be online playing and there was only like 8 devs listed... It makes you wonder. And who cares this game is out and it totally sucks!
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
i normally gotta wait for no more than two minutes to get into a match. but once you are in a match the games go on and on which is good.