First ever BioShock 2 gameplay here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Luthmann_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Luthmann_D
Member since 2008 • 336 Posts

I'm not kidding, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dxUuqn6dTY

therealryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 therealryu
Member since 2004 • 388 Posts

That looked awesome I can't wait for this!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

I'm not kidding, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dxUuqn6dTY

Luthmann_D

If you want Bioshock 2 gameplay, look a video of Bioshock 1, and imagine somewhat improved graphics. Seriously, this is no big deal, not saying I'm not looking forward to this though.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

wow i cant wait for this game.

xL33TxTALENTx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xL33TxTALENTx
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts
looks great, i'm realy hoping they don't change the gameplay too much
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

Looks great.
Some of that looked pretty dark though, Bioshock 1 was creepy enough in the light lol.
I wonder if you can use other weapons than the rivet gun and the drill. (Other than plasmids)

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
anyone else hear at the end "Mr B, big sister doesnt want u playing with me," SWEET! haha this game is gonna be so much fun
DAAVV-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 DAAVV-O
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

That looks awesome!

I loved the submerged section when the window caves in - I never even considered this as a gameplay option!

Can't wait.:D

Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

There's a whole list of things that I wouldn't be proud of, but I'd be prepared to do, to play this right now...

SpectreBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SpectreBoy6
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts

awesome!

b-u-r-p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 b-u-r-p
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts

Awesome. Just awesome.

Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

That looks awesome!

I loved the submerged section when the window caves in - I never even considered this as a gameplay option!

Can't wait.:D

DAAVV-O

With the location of the city and the speed water flows in a break, in such a location its all I ever thought about when I saw a leak in the first game. Of corse I thought in the event of a realistic water flow from a crack it would be an instant death and restart of the section in the game.

Xongu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xongu
Member since 2008 • 531 Posts

BioShock 2 looks amazing, but from the gameplay video, it seems to me to be darker than the first? Anyway, i'm getting this on release.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#14 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

looking good.. It's good to see that there will be some under water sequences in this sequel.. Whilst playing through the first game I was a little dissapointed thatthere wasn't any submerged/flooded areas that the main character had to swim through to get to other areas.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

Looks really good actually, can't wait to see more.

TheProtecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheProtecter
Member since 2009 • 715 Posts
Doesn't really look all that different from the first game, not saying it won't turn out to be a good game. It just looks the same.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chaoscougar1
Doesn't really look all that different from the first game, not saying it won't turn out to be a good game. It just looks the same. TheProtecter
if it aint broke, dont fix it
lolnades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 lolnades
Member since 2008 • 576 Posts

looks interesting, though since your a big daddy i'd assume the guns would be limited. :|

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chaoscougar1

looks interesting, though since your a big daddy i'd assume the guns would be limited. :|

lolnades
lol who said your a big daddy?
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts

There's a whole list of things that I wouldn't be proud of, but I'd be prepared to do, to play this right now...

Stashbash
me too, bioshock is my favorite game this console generation and maybe of all time...the sequel is a must buy the day it comes out
Luthmann_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Luthmann_D

[QUOTE="lolnades"]

chaoscougar1

2K games, official xbox magazine, Inside gaming, Edge magazine, game informer and the video where you see you are holding a drill.

Luthmann_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Luthmann_D

lolnades

I actually doubt that. I bet it's the full arsenal:D

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="lolnades"]

Luthmann_D

2K games, official xbox magazine, Inside gaming, Edge magazine, game informer and the video where you see you are holding a drill.

so what about the plasmids, and other weapon oh and also the fact that you get a radio message from tenenbaum...that seem like a big daddy to u?
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="lolnades"]

Luthmann_D

Ya, this has been stated SEVERAL time...
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#25 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
Very nice.
b-u-r-p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 b-u-r-p
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
Guys I know some of you have been saying that it looks a bit dark, but I think that it's just that video. Theres a video on Gametrailers that's a lot clearer and brighter, http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47806.html
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

[QUOTE="Luthmann_D"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] lol who said your a big daddy?chaoscougar1

so what about the plasmids, and other weapon oh and also the fact that you get a radio message from tenenbaum...that seem like a big daddy to u?

Your a prototype big daddy one of the 1st. Plasmids were avalible to the prototype and taking out of later models.

Video was awesome....i gotta hurry up and finish bioshock one!

Luthmann_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Luthmann_D

[QUOTE="Luthmann_D"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] lol who said your a big daddy?chaoscougar1

Don't start an argument please. Keep this as a discussion. You play as one of the first big daddys ever. It is confirmed that you play as a big daddy, but I don't know much more info than that. There's no point in asking ME, so why don't you just google it or something?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Luthmann_D"]

Luthmann_D

Don't start an argument please. Keep this as a discussion. You play as one of the first big daddys ever. It is confirmed that you play as a big daddy, but I don't know much more info than that. There's no point in asking ME, so why don't you just google it or something?

well i stand completely corrected, i do apologise, but that still doesnt explain how u got a radio message from tenenbaum...in fact what are big daddys?
Luthmann_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Luthmann_D

[QUOTE="Luthmann_D"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] so what about the plasmids, and other weapon oh and also the fact that you get a radio message from tenenbaum...that seem like a big daddy to u?chaoscougar1

well i stand completely corrected, i do apologise, but that still doesnt explain how u got a radio message from tenenbaum...in fact what are big daddys?

There's loads of info here: http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/BioShock_2:_Sea_of_Dreams

There's also something about tenenbaum, little sisters and big sisters that I was too lazy to read about.

And I'm sure that you know perfectly well what big daddys are^^

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Luthmann_D"]

Luthmann_D

There's loads of info here: http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/BioShock_2:_Sea_of_Dreams

There's also something about tenenbaum, little sisters and big sisters that I was too lazy to read about.

i mean i know WHAT they are, but where do they come from? are they mutated humans like the splicers? or something completely different?

EDIT: multiplayer? i sure hope not, id really love a completely SP focused game like the first one

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
multiplayer is usually lame, i hope they don't take away any focus from the singleplayer.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
looks cool. i hope they have better plasmids.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

looks great

hope the ability to wield both a plasmid and a weapon doesnt make the game less creepy (the first game wasnt really creepy, but it did have a good vibe)

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="Luthmann_D"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] well i stand completely corrected, i do apologise, but that still doesnt explain how u got a radio message from tenenbaum...in fact what are big daddys?chaoscougar1

i mean i know WHAT they are, but where do they come from? are they mutated humans like the splicers? or something completely different?

EDIT: multiplayer? i sure hope not, id really love a completely SP focused game like the first one

The origins explains what they are and where they came from.

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#36 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
I didn't like the first one so I plan on skipping this game. In addition it looked practically the same as the first one.
deadFalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deadFalling
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
Guys I know some of you have been saying that it looks a bit dark, but I think that it's just that video. Theres a video on Gametrailers that's a lot clearer and brighter, http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47806.htmlb-u-r-p
ya this vid is a lot brighter, game looks sick!!
Luthmann_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Luthmann_D

[QUOTE="Luthmann_D"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] well i stand completely corrected, i do apologise, but that still doesnt explain how u got a radio message from tenenbaum...in fact what are big daddys?chaoscougar1

Aplologies for a late reply, didn't see that this had developed to page 2. Anyway, yes, there will be multiplayer. I actually think this is a good thing, since game developers usually use half a year on the game engine itself, which is done already. So are most of the models e.t.c. - Now that leaves a lot of spear time to develop other components without loosing much on the single player experience, so I'm actually looking forward to multiplayer.

As for the big daddy's, the other guy who explained the origins should cover the most.

Luthmann_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Luthmann_D

[QUOTE="b-u-r-p"]Guys I know some of you have been saying that it looks a bit dark, but I think that it's just that video. Theres a video on Gametrailers that's a lot clearer and brighter, http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47806.htmldeadFalling
ya this vid is a lot brighter, game looks sick!!

I think it looks darker.

SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#40 SEANSEXYUNDIES
Member since 2008 • 1489 Posts

super excited for this

looks sweet