Female gamers on XBL

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 dr-bones
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

I've been a member of XBL since last summer, and I've always really enjoyed jamming online against other gamers. But it occurred to me recently, that it seems to be just males who play Live. I think I may have played with/ against two females since I became a Gold Member. Now, don't get me wrong here, I realize that gaming is mainly a male-orientated sport, but meeting only two girls online in more than six months online makes me think the male to female ratio must be astronomical.

So where are all the girls?

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

They are watching Dear John. Now. I see a few here and there. The last time I would see females on xbox a decent amount of the time, was on Halo 2. Might have something to do with the decline of friendliness on live now.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

They are watching Dear John. Now. I see a few here and there. The last time I would see females on xbox a decent amount of the time, was on Halo 2. Might have something to do with the decline of friendliness on live now.

Flamecommando
Or it could have something to do with the fact that they won't be able to frag each other anymore soon...
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

tjoeb123

Or it could have something to do with the fact that they won't be able to frag each other anymore soon...

April 15th. ehhh.... Now I guess I have to sell Halo2.

hammerofcrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 hammerofcrom
Member since 2009 • 1323 Posts

might be the games you play TC.

you could always look into the XBL events hosted by womens only clans like Fragdolls(?) (they seem to love Halo. everytime they have something listed in "upcoming events on XBL, Halo, Halo, and the occasional Gears or CoD).

Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

I run in to at least one every time I play Left 4 Dead.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I donno, seems to be alot of females gamers to me these days.

Left4Dead2 (xbox and pc), TF2(PC), Counterstrike:Source(PC), Perfect Dark Zero(xbox), Uno(xbox) have had a great number of female players that Ive noticed. Also I have some female friends who love games like Mario, Tetris, Viva Pinata, Halo, Sims, Vandal Hearts,etc..

I think there is more males gamers, but you dbe surprised at how many women/girls do play videogames :)

There are also alot of female gaming clans aswell

blessingboi111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blessingboi111
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts

I find that men on Xbox Live, alienate women when they hear one speaking on the mic in the middle of a match. They start mocking them and all sorts, which I think is wrong. Gamers are just gamers, gender shouldn't really matter. You don't need to be of a certain build to beat someone at a game, yet from what I've heard, men are just horrible towards women when playing online.

Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

I haven't meet many females on live or any gaming service in general, (compared to men, there seems to be not many females that like games) but if you just play on, you'll find them eventually.

I find that men on Xbox Live, alienate women when they hear one speaking on the mic in the middle of a match. They start mocking them and all sorts, which I think is wrong. Gamers are just gamers, gender shouldn't really matter. You don't need to be of a certain build to beat someone at a game, yet from what I've heard, men are just horrible towards women when playing online.

blessingboi111

I guess that one of the reasons why Anonymous says "There are no girls on the Internet." (even if that meme is so outdated). All the real girls were scared off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
deactivated-5c23908d36a7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

I've met about 7 in 2 years on XBL, on GoW, L4D, Halo 2, Guitar hero 3 and Lost planet

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
I've seen quite a bit girls playing Left 4 Dead.. They seem to enjoy killing zombies.
hamhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hamhero
Member since 2008 • 201 Posts

where are the girls? who gives a #$%^ and i mean that sincerely. if i were playing with a hermaphrodite or eunuch, i wouldnt know it or concern it. when i am playing a game few things matter. hair color, eye color, skin color and yes even gender arent one of the things im concerning while im gaming.

so now i must ask you, why do you care if you meet more females or not? does this lessen your gaming experience in someway im not aware of?

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#13 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I don't know if I play against any cause I don't wear my mic ever.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

With how they get treated sometime because of immature people i'd want to hide too.

drkessence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 drkessence
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts

There are plenty of girls on XBL. You just don't realize it. Female gamers are still a minority, but their numbers have pretty much quadrupled in the past 5 years. I've got 5 girls on my friends list, 3 of which I know IRL. I tend to hear the most girls when playing Modern Warfare 2. Most girls just choose to not talk. Every time I've played with any of the girls on my friends list, they always end up either getting made fun of or are hit on. Seriously, some of the things people say to them makes me ashamed to be a guy.

And the stereotype that most girl gamers are ugly is bull too. All three of the girls I know IRL that play are all pretty damn good looking.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

LoL gamer girls are a myth, No such thing.

On serious note depends on the game.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#18 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
You just don't know the right people if you can't find women on XBLive.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I can't tell the difference between little boys or little girls half of the time I think it's a guy to only find out it's a girl.

albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts

To be honest, besides the female gamers I know already, I don't stay in many matches with talkative female gamers and the reason is simple - I think I have yet to be in a single online game that had a talkative female gamer in it that didn't result in at least one moron starting to insult her, or hit on her which can be even more painful to have to listen to. And I can't count the amount fo times that some random guy would just instantly turn in to Mr. Suave Jabberjaw and not shut the hell up with creepy personal questions or sexual innuendo the second a girl started talking. I have a really low threshold for listening to that kind of nonsense so I these days I tend to leave a lobby if I hear one of these conversations already in progress.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

There are lots of girls on XBL (around half my friend list are female) but most don't talk in random matches because they just get spammed with friend requests, insulted through the voice chat and with messages, sent pictures etc. Then there are the really annoying ones that just encourage people to spam them because they are just attention *****s.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Perhaps there are girls playing on XBL that you don't know about because they don't use their headset? Or maybe they hide on XBL because some guys freak out when a girl plays video games.

dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dr-bones

If this is true about gamer-girls constantly being hit on and/or verbally abused, then I can completely understand why they are quite rare. I'd also keep a low profile if I were a girl, and thought I'd be subjected to the likes of this just because of my sex. Seems like "equality" hasn't really hit XBL, if this is the case.

so now i must ask you, why do you care if you meet more females or not? does this lessen your gaming experience in someway im not aware of?

hamhero

Basically, I enjoy a veriety of personalities whilst gaming. People from different countries, people of different ages, people with different interests, and yes people of each sex, bring more veriety to the table, and therefore make general in-game banter more interesting. I come across alot of each of these kind of poeple, except for the latter.

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

The thing is, most girls' don't use mics, or their in party's. My girlfriend will never use a mic if we are split-screening on Gears.

dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dr-bones

The thing is, most girls' don't use mics, or their in party's. My girlfriend will never use a mic if we are split-screening on Gears.

jad206

Is this because of the abuse that ladies seem to receive online?

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Why you wanna play with girls on Live? I mean, if you find, they probably will play badly. Self experience.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

i here them all the time on gta4

xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Member since 2009 • 1006 Posts

I can't tell the difference between little boys or little girls half of the time I think it's a guy to only find out it's a girl.

craigalan23
I got yelled at my a 14 year old girl on Modern Warfare 2 because of this .I said calm down you 9 year old child and she flipped XD
gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
alot play left 4 dead 2 and i allways run into about 8-15 a day playing gears 2
gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
and psn u will find about 0 female gamers lol
JustBeingFrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JustBeingFrank
Member since 2010 • 735 Posts
I found a few girls on live before but not many.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#38 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I see a lot of women on Xbox Live.

I find that men on Xbox Live, alienate women when they hear one speaking on the mic in the middle of a match. They start mocking them and all sorts, which I think is wrong.

You mean the way they mock people that sound young, people that sound old, people that sound black, people that sound Hispanic, people that speak another language, people with an accent, people who beat them, people who lose to them?
LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

Flamecommando

No.

I just don't use a mic unless I have to.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

there are probably plenty of girls, they just don't use headsets.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts
and psn u will find about 0 female gamers lolgundaicut
actually there are 2 and i know them personally
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

There are more than you think. They just unplug their mics because they almost always get harassed like "R U HAWT????//// SEND PIX NAO!1111"

Quite sad.

Really the XBL online community has finally started to get to me. Almost all MP games are unplayable unless I have one of my IRL friends in the match but even so I can only take so much.

I couldn't imagine having to go through what all the girls/women on XBL have to put up with.

dogberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dogberty
Member since 2004 • 333 Posts

The best part of girls playing xbox is ruthlessly making fun of them.

And don't make some crappy joke about how I'll never get a girl because I obviously don't treat girls like that in real life.

dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dr-bones

And don't make some crappy joke about how I'll never get a girl because I obviously don't treat girls like that in real life.

dogberty
Then why on earth would you treat them like that online? It shouldn't matter if your fae-to-face with someone, or if they are a voice over a head-set, it would still be the sane person. Why treat them like crap online? Do you do this with all XBL gamers, or just the ladies?
Mooby0308

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mooby0308
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

Out of all the games I own the only one my GF will play online with me is Halo 3... Left 4 Dead is another popular one and I play Dead or Alive 4 online and there is always at least 1 girl gamer in our party for that game. They like beating up the guys using big boob ninjas.

blazingwalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blazingwalrus
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts

dogberty
kinda depends on whether they suck or not. fair enough, if they're crap, rinse them like you would any other gamer (although, personally, i find this annoying when it gets excessive). however, as a girl on xbox live, it just gets annoying when people find out you're a girl and start ripping the **** out of you. xbox live has loads of annoying americans and eight year olds on anyway.
polishinfidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 polishinfidel
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I've run into several on Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. The problem is that as soon as a player is identified as a female, the loser guys immediately start chatting her up and flirting with her. It's pathetic. Guys, if a girl comes on your game, please don't hit on her, you're not going to get a date with her, not going to get a phone # and all you're going to do is annoy her.
HGAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 HGAT
Member since 2008 • 1366 Posts

You find some on the multiplayer arcade games, as a guy i don't use my mic anymore on xbl cause it's the same old, same old after awhile, , so i can highly imagine like everyone has already said cause of the harrassment theres probably alot playing without using there mics so you can't really tell.

dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dr-bones
Guys, if a girl comes on your game, please don't hit on her, you're not going to get a date with her, not going to get a phone # and all you're going to do is annoy her. polishinfidel
I second that motion.
HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

yea i dunno maybe u've just been getting into games with no females cause i actually play against quite a few now on MW2 and when gears 2 first came out. also i noticed at least with the girls i know that play games, they usually keep quiet because they hate having to put up with guys botherin em while they play