Favorite Racing Game of All time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for goldenagegaming
GoldenAgeGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 GoldenAgeGaming
Member since 2015 • 139 Posts

Mine is Forza 4 what's yours

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

Never got into the racing genre, I do enjoy the Forza series though.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Hmmm that's a tough one... Being a big racing fan, I've played so many racing games over the years. But it's hard to go past the Forza Motorsport games... in terms of car handling, I think they're probably the best (Gran Turismo is good, but the car physics feel a bit off to me). Codemasters' games are also very good, whether it be their F1 games (which I buy every year) or GRiD.

Looking back through the years but, I sank a lot of hours into the Project Gotham Racing games on Xbox (particularly PGR 2).

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Tokyo Xtreme Racer franchise

from the Dreamcast to the Playstation versions. The games were by far the most realistic street racing and drifting sims created. Visuals were good at the time as well and the modding was better than any game at the time. You could change everything down to the mirrors on the car. It was an amazing game franchise and I wish Genki would make a new one.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Sorry, I don't like racing games. I don't even like driving. It's just something that gets me from point A to point B.

If I was forced to post something I would post Spy Hunter, Twisted Metal, CTR, Burnout, or Mario Kart or something like that.

I can recite metacritic scores for the top racers. 2011's Forza 4 which I own is up there as a AAA metascoring game at 91/100.

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

The Rally Car ones on the original Xbox don't get the love they deserve. But I gotta stick with Need for Speed Underground, thinking about bringing out the PS2 and doing a video on it.

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

Really hard to say, really enjoyed Super Monaco GP on the sega mega drive. That game was ahead of it's time.

Notable inclusions are Need for Speed High Stakes, Need for Speed Underground, Forza 2, Forza Horizon 2, F1 2012 and V8 supercars.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

For xbox PGR 4 overall GT 3

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

FM4 for me as well but I only played FM5 for about an hour and haven't spent nearly enough time with FH2 yet. I'm guess eh, scratch that, it's no guess, is nearly fact for me, FM6 will be King in 2015. :D

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10  Edited By polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

definitely Dirt 1-3, I love rally and hot hatches though.

play_ggames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 play_ggames
Member since 2015 • 38 Posts

Need for Speed Most wanted

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Forza Horizon 2. I've clocked over 140 hours into that game, and I am nowhere near done with it. Talk about replay value... Perfect balance of sim, arcade, and off road racing imo. I also love the Dirt series, Dirt 3 is probably one of my favorites as well. Forza 4 is also one of my favorites, I enjoyed the Porshe pack , I hope they bring that back in FM6.

GoldenAgeGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GoldenAgeGaming

@Alucard_Prime:

Wow my brother got so close to 100% on both Forza Horizon and Forza Horizon 2

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alucard_Prime

@goldenagegaming: hehe nice, I have all the achievements for Horizon 1, but I'm not yet there for Horizon 2

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

I would have to say Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. But it's hard to pick just one because there's many types of racing games. Forza Motorsport 4, Horizon 2, and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition are all equally amazing to me in their own ways.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I have to be honest I'm not into driving games I could never get into them.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

The only real driving games I've ever got into were GT2 and GT3. After that, just Mario Kart I'm afraid.

Although Diddy Kong Racing and Sonic All Stars are both quite excellent.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

Grand Prix 2 and 3. Maybe not by today standards but they were simply fantastic back in the day.

Arcade wise: NFS U2, NFS MW1, Burnout Revenge, DiRT 2

GoldenAgeGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GoldenAgeGaming

@jdfan56k:

Yeah I enjoyed Need For Speed as well my brother had a TV in our room and Need For Speed during the winter we would stay up till almost 11pm Then Years later my brother got Forza 3 with a Xbox 360 used I never got into need for speed until my brother told me about it

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I would go with Forza Motorsport 3 or 4 on the Xbox 360. I enjoyed playing online with friends. However, I have spent a lot of time with Forza 5, it is one of my favourite games on Xbox One and with there not being a huge amount of titles out around the launch of the console, I spent a lot of time playing that game learning how the different cars react

Outside of both Forza series on the Xbox, I would say Formula One and TOCA Touring Cars fro Codemasters (especially TOCA 2 and TOCA Race Driver) are some of my favourite games. Grand Prix 4 as well on PC.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Alucard_Prime

@Garfield360UK said:

I would go with Forza Motorsport 3 or 4 on the Xbox 360. I enjoyed playing online with friends. However, I have spent a lot of time with Forza 5, it is one of my favourite games on Xbox One and with there not being a huge amount of titles out around the launch of the console, I spent a lot of time playing that game learning how the different cars react

Outside of both Forza series on the Xbox, I would say Formula One and TOCA Touring Cars fro Codemasters (especially TOCA 2 and TOCA Race Driver) are some of my favourite games. Grand Prix 4 as well on PC.

Codemasters are veterans of the genre, I remember my interest in racers peaked with their Colin MAcRae games. If I'm not mistaken, some former members of Codemasters work at Playground(Horizon 2 developers).

GoldenAgeGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GoldenAgeGaming

@SecretPolice:

Agreed Forza 6 will be one of the best for 2015, Forza 1 was good I was just bad, Never played Forza 2, Forza 3 was good, Forza 4 was amazing, Forza 5 was ok from what I played, Forza Horizon I never got to play same as Horizon 2

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@goldenagegaming said:

@SecretPolice:

Agreed Forza 6 will be one of the best for 2015, Forza 1 was good I was just bad, Never played Forza 2, Forza 3 was good, Forza 4 was amazing, Forza 5 was ok from what I played, Forza Horizon I never got to play same as Horizon 2

Yeah man, FM6 is gonna rock hard. I was a GT fan until FM1 on Xbox and loved all the FM's on 360. FH2 is really awesome, sounds to me like you should give it a whirl. :)

GoldenAgeGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GoldenAgeGaming

@SecretPolice:

Yeah for sure I see FM2 all the time at GameStop for a few dollars. Next time I go there I get it get for sure

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

At present its Forza horizon 2.

Previously the one I invested most hours into over all time....NFS underground. God I loved that game. Not sure how it would stand to the test of time but at the time I thought it was great.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

Gran Turismo 3 BEST BY FAR! (GT4's intro Blows everything away tho), second place would have to go to PGR3. Forza is just a wannabe and has way less cars than Gran Turismo games. I'd give Forza more credit if their games had more cars(or could match Gran Turismo's selection)....so that takes them off the list right away. I remember doing Gran Turismo 3 marathons with my friend in 3rd grade racing in the 3 hour HARDCORE RACES lol, those were a pain in the ass, getting 3/4 of the way through the race, then realizing you're never gonna catch up or get back to 1st place, and having wasted 2hr's, then restarting the race all over AGAINNNNNN : (

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#27 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I can't decide between Forza Horizon 2 and F-Zero X

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Sorry, I don't like racing games. I don't even like driving. It's just something that gets me from point A to point B.

Me too, never got into the genre all that much and I don't like driving.

The racing game I played the most of was "Sega Rally Championship" on the 360 and PC, no idea why but I loved it and I could still enjoy it now

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

Collin McRae Rally 2005(origional Xbox) was pretty dang good. probably my 2nd fav. of all time. Felt awesomely arcadish and amazing online multiplayer topped it off.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

It's honestly tie within several games for me. NFS Underground, Most Wanted and Burnout 3 Takedown. Tbh, I'm still playing NFS Rivals. It's quite a great fun game. I would say GT1 ( a lot of hours played) and Forza 5, but the racing sims aren't my thing. I prefer the fast paced 180mph sharp turns type of racer.