Fallout 3 Best Good Follower

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Davidefoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Davidefoster
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I was wondering in the game, "Fallout 3," what team is the best for a good character. Here are the choices, and if you have any other answers please post them. PS: Please don't say both, by using the follower glitch.

1. Fawkes - I think Fawkes is by far the best follower because his weight capacity, his monstrous health, and of course his huge Gatling Laser. However a major disadvantage is that he can't wear armor. If he could wear armor, Fawkes with the T51-b Power Armor and T51-b Power Helmet would be the obvious choice. Coupled with his monstrous health and Gatling Laser, Fawkes would be the definition of ownage. Fawkes requires good karma. Default: Vault Suit, Fawkes' Super Sledge, Gatling Laser.

2. Star Paladin Cross - For people who want their follower to wear good armor, *cough cough* T51-b Power Armor *cough cough* without it getting damage, they usually give it to their follower. For most good characters they pick Star Paladin Cross as this follower. Her Super Sledge makes her a formidable opponent in close combat, but almost everyone replaces her Laser Pistol with something that packs more of a punch. Star Paladin Cross requires good karma. Default: Brotherhood of Steel Power Armor, Super Sledge, Gatling Laser.

3. Charon is an extremely popular choice for every kind of hero, due to the fact that she does not have a karma requirement. Sort of a default hero Charon is adapt in using a shotgun which is extremely helpful in many situations. With the wanderer in Tesla or Power Armor, Charon in T51-b Power Armor, and Dogmeat, the team is almost unstoppable. Charon does not require specific karma. Default: Leather Armor, Charon's Shotgun, Combat Knife.

So which follower do you think would be the best, post thoughts and comments below.

Sincerely, David.

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Fawkes, because he's like a giant steamroller. He just flattens everything in his path. I had Star Paladin Cross with me for a while, but she died at Evergreen Mills (luckily I had a save from before she died). She left when Fawkes came, and what a difference. She didn't soak up or dish out nearly as much damage as Fawkes. Charon's too ugly though = / Too bad Dog Meat inexplicably died on me, I miss him...
Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Fawkes, there's not even competition. All my other followers died off (bad playing by me, though), including Cross and Charon (yes, I was playing extremely badly), but Fawkes has not even died once and caused me to reload because of it.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
clearly Fawkes.
Davidefoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Davidefoster
Oh, I made a mistake, I put Star Paladin Cross' default gun as the Gatling Laser, it is in fact the Laser Pistol.
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
Fawkes is a girl for the record :P and she's definitely the best follower
Davidefoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Davidefoster
Oh ya forgot about that lol, kind of weird, a girl that talks in a low, barking voice. Lol!
orbis_mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 orbis_mortis
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
Fawkes is a girl for the record :P and she's definitely the best followerethanpaige
Where did you find that info? Because everywhere I look, Fawkes is referred to as he or his.
Shika_Stoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Shika_Stoner
Member since 2008 • 918 Posts
Yeah Fawkes for sure. "HAHAAHHAAA!!! I WIN AGAIN!!!"
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
Fawkes is the best. He's practically invincible.
Davidefoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Davidefoster
Pretty much, since he can take down a super mutant behemoth and take 2 mini nukes to the face! BAM!
MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts
Fawkes by far. that black paladin chick was a good companion too. the worst gotta be that dumb dog.
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
[QUOTE="ethanpaige"]Fawkes is a girl for the record :P and she's definitely the best followerorbis_mortis
Where did you find that info? Because everywhere I look, Fawkes is referred to as he or his.

if you go to the fallout 3 board they can give you better answers than I can
aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts
Fawkes because she rails EVERYTHING.
Roxas12934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Roxas12934
Member since 2006 • 1854 Posts
Not sure yet as i havent had a follower.
orbis_mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 orbis_mortis
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
[QUOTE="orbis_mortis"][QUOTE="ethanpaige"]Fawkes is a girl for the record :P and she's definitely the best followerethanpaige

if you go to the fallout 3 board they can give you better answers than I can

Cool, thanks!!
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
Fawkes, because he's like a giant steamroller. He just flattens everything in his path. I had Star Paladin Cross with me for a while, but she died at Evergreen Mills (luckily I had a save from before she died). She left when Fawkes came, and what a difference. She didn't soak up or dish out nearly as much damage as Fawkes. Charon's too ugly though = / Too bad Dog Meat inexplicably died on me, I miss him...karriston
I agree.
stm555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stm555
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I've got Charon and Star Paladin Cross right now as followers -- they're pretty good, but Charon tends to run off and get lost all the time. I think his perception is pretty high or something and he's very gung-ho. :) Can't wait to get the dog to fill out my wasteland wandering crew.
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
it kinda takes the fun out of the game if you have a follower imo, (i only keep jerhico around cus' he holds anything else i pick up if i become close to max weight. dog meat..what can i say he'd distract targets while i shoot em' in the head. but when i used fawks for a short time the game was WAY too easy, and felt kinda pointless to a degree so i told em' to beat it lol.
taranblade27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 taranblade27
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
actually proven in a recent interview with bethesda about fallout 3 followers they talked about each follower and the said for the record fawkes is a boy
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I've got Charon and Star Paladin Cross right now as followers -- they're pretty good, but Charon tends to run off and get lost all the time. I think his perception is pretty high or something and he's very gung-ho. :) Can't wait to get the dog to fill out my wasteland wandering crew.stm555
You can only have two followers at one time, you know that right? When it comes to pure offensive and defensive capability, nothing beats Fawkes. He is great with the Gatling Laser and is a better choice for a weapon like the Super Sledge than Paladin Cross. I actually gave Cross the A3-21 Plasma Rifle and she went to town with that.
Avatar image for Night_Shadow955
Night_Shadow955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Night_Shadow955
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

Dogmeat+Faawks=Win

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
actually proven in a recent interview with bethesda about fallout 3 followers they talked about each follower and the said for the record fawkes is a boytaranblade27
this thread is over a year old
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#24 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Please, do not bump old threads.