Fable 2 guns or no guns?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

classicgameR4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 classicgameR4
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts
I love Fable it is one of my favorite games ever! I have beaten it over7 times I've put over 200 hours into it. I love it, but in Fable 2 something horrible has happened they put guns in it some of you may not understand if you haven't played Fable, that is not what its about it'd be like giving Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Link, or Prince of Persia a gun. Sorry for the Nintendo people I'm a Nintendo guy. Or giving Master Chief an old time sword no Energy Sword a steel one, giving him a wooden bow, and taking away his grenades, guns, spaceships, hi-tech suit, aliens, ghosts, banshees, warthogs, and all that other stuff. There's just a feeling to Fable being in a period hundreds of years before middle ages(by middle ages I mean 1400 1500s); smashing open a wooden barrel and finding a carrot or apple or maybe even a potion. You know fighting mid evil creatures to(which they have in Fable 2 to). And Fable 2 is set like colonial everyone is a pilgrim and stuff. Post your opinion here.
TigerFangRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 TigerFangRed
Member since 2005 • 1928 Posts
I like the new look/time frame...I want to play Fable 2...not "Fable re-done again."
atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts
Well the 1400s and 1500s aren't medieval times, their renaisance times. Middle ages is from 500-1300.
TigerFangRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TigerFangRed
Exactly, I see no problem with it as long as it adds to the experience and is balanced.
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts

Exactly, I see no problem with it as long as it adds to the experience and is balanced.TigerFangRed

Ditto. I want a new Fable, but with the old Fable feel, but not re-done like the other poster stated.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Ew

I don't like the idea

I got enough guns in my FPS games

lordxephon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 lordxephon
Member since 2006 • 118 Posts

i would hate to see guns in fable(doesnt the 360 have enough guns in it already! lol) but yeh im a huge fable fan and would hate to see changes that would hurt the game like guns...the new dog feature i can deal with but guns now? I feel like id be a hunter in World of Warcraft or sometin.

acesion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 acesion
Member since 2003 • 1938 Posts
I think it will be cool even though I will miss bows i think muskets are a under utilized game weapon.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I played Fable just as much or more as you and I think its a great idea. The colonial time period is never used for fantasy settings. Its always the middle ages. And the guns that are going to be in Fable 2 we essentially just be like bows. You're not running around Albion with an M4 mowing people down.
Avatar image for deactivated-60156c31f349f
deactivated-60156c31f349f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60156c31f349f
Member since 2005 • 2836 Posts
I dunno we got guns in almost all games on the 360 already, I'd prefer no guns in Fable 2
BK-Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 BK-Sleeper
Member since 2006 • 2686 Posts

Muskets.

They rawk, son.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
ya i miss the bows guns are lame but peter said they be even out with the swords and that so it be all good
soccerdude256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 soccerdude256
Member since 2004 • 211 Posts

Bring on the firepower!!! Haha.

I'm really not sure how the game is going to turn out but I'm Sure Peter Molyneux isn't going to let the quality of the story downgrade. So with that in mind I'm all for the guns. I'm glad its not in the medieval-ish times because quite frankly I'm getting sick to death of them, and you could have the main character running around with a bow in colonial times but it just wouldn't feel right. This is my second-most anticipated game so far for 2008, RockBand being numero uno :)

Messiah_xXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Messiah_xXx
Member since 2006 • 778 Posts
just like everything else theres pluses and minuses to using it might be powerful but ammo may be hard to come by or very expensive to buy theres always something to balance it out man dont worry about it fable 2 is going to be awesome
LanzOr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LanzOr
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Well the 1400s and 1500s aren't medieval times, their renaisance times. Middle ages is from 500-1300.atst007

Actually the Middle ages started after 1066.

And putting flintlock guns into Fable isn't a big deal...

Messiah_xXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Messiah_xXx
Member since 2006 • 778 Posts

[QUOTE="atst007"]Well the 1400s and 1500s aren't medieval times, their renaisance times. Middle ages is from 500-1300.LanzOr

i just thought of another drawback after you said flintlock

the time it take to reload is quite long you could get attacked or killed in the time it takes to reload all the way

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ket87

I'm really not sure how the game is going to turn out but I'm Sure Peter Molyneux isn't going to let the quality of the story downgrade. So with that in mind I'm all for the guns. I'm glad its not in the medieval-ish times because quite frankly I'm getting sick to death of them, and you could have the main character running around with a bow in colonial times but it just wouldn't feel right. This is my second-most anticipated game so far for 2008, RockBand being numero uno :)

soccerdude256

Umm, Rock Band came out in 2007 buddy. You're anticipting something in the past.

soccerdude256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soccerdude256
[QUOTE="soccerdude256"]

Ket87

Umm, Rock Band came out in 2007 buddy. You're anticipting something in the past.

Or I live in Australia making the release date late march/early april, thus being the future:)

The world doesn't revolve around NTSC sorry to break it to you:roll:

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ket87
Well considering North America, Europe, and Asia get games typically a few days after each other unless its a big Japanese game why should Australia be any different its not like theres translating to be done and your not much farther than Japan.
kerplop9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kerplop9
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
[QUOTE="LanzOr"]

[QUOTE="atst007"]Well the 1400s and 1500s aren't medieval times, their renaisance times. Middle ages is from 500-1300.Messiah_xXx

the time it take to reload is quite long you could get attacked or killed in the time it takes to reload all the way

Which is why you have a sword....

Professer32Bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Professer32Bit
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

You're getting all bent up over nothing.

You're acting like they added semi-automatic rifles or something.....It's nothing but muskets.

pwn-flakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pwn-flakes
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
i dont realy like guns i just feel like it would change the feel it the game
soccerdude256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 soccerdude256

Well considering North America, Europe, and Asia get games typically a few days after each other unless its a big Japanese game why should Australia be any different its not like theres translating to be done and your not much farther than Japan.Ket87

To be honest, I have no idea why there is such a delay with certain games from release of the NTSC version and then the PAL version later, but thats the way it is. All I know is that the NTSC version doesn't come out until late march/early april. but I agree on the fact that I don't understand why the delay would be so big.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

I like the new look/time frame...I want to play Fable 2...not "Fable re-done again."TigerFangRed

agreed!

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts
I love the new fable setting, mant WRPG go for the knights theme, Fable 2 is being more original. Plus Fables usually take place during this period, so this actually makes more sense then the Fable 1 setting. And in this period many areas stil looked the same as they did 500 years ago, so you got a great mix of 'advanced' areas and old school areas.
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts

You say it like they'll be running around with m16's and busting caps in ppl's azzes, newsflash: They had guns during the reneissance (nvm the spelling I'll never get it right). These are gunpowder muskets completely in-keeping with the period.

Having said that, the choice of weapons is optional, check the dev diaries and you'll see that the sword is still there.

gizmo12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gizmo12345
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts

I love Fable it is one of my favorite games ever! I have beaten it over7 times I've put over 200 hours into it. I love it, but in Fable 2 something horrible has happened they put guns in it some of you may not understand if you haven't played Fable, that is not what its about it'd be like giving Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Link, or Prince of Persia a gun. Sorry for the Nintendo people I'm a Nintendo guy. Or giving Master Chief an old time sword no Energy Sword a steel one, giving him a wooden bow, and taking away his grenades, guns, spaceships, hi-tech suit, aliens, ghosts, banshees, warthogs, and all that other stuff. There's just a feeling to Fable being in a period hundreds of years before middle ages(by middle ages I mean 1400 1500s); smashing open a wooden barrel and finding a carrot or apple or maybe even a potion. You know fighting mid evil creatures to(which they have in Fable 2 to). And Fable 2 is set like colonial everyone is a pilgrim and stuff. Post your opinion here.classicgameR4

7 times - 200hrs - thats not good ive done it 16 times now and got basically everything possible done, what were u doing in those 200hrs it dont take that long.

gizmo12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gizmo12345
[QUOTE="Messiah_xXx"][QUOTE="LanzOr"]

[QUOTE="atst007"]Well the 1400s and 1500s aren't medieval times, their renaisance times. Middle ages is from 500-1300.kerplop9

Which is why you have a sword....

Its not going to be just flint locks and lionhead arent going to make them so real that it takes ages to reload. the games going to be quite cartoony and realistic in one realy m8 lionhead arent thick, theyll make fable 2 good for us... its their job

gizmo12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gizmo12345

I love the new fable setting, mant WRPG go for the knights theme, Fable 2 is being more original. Plus Fables usually take place during this period, so this actually makes more sense then the Fable 1 setting. And in this period many areas stil looked the same as they did 500 years ago, so you got a great mix of 'advanced' areas and old school areas.ronnet

LMAO m8 watch the video's. Fable is set in the same place, Albion its just like 600yrs later. P.S Most fables came from the middle east during the crusades and before.

Yosi188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Yosi188
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts
Well considering North America, Europe, and Asia get games typically a few days after each other unless its a big Japanese game why should Australia be any different its not like theres translating to be done and your not much farther than Japan.Ket87
they havent made enough guitars/drum kits/microphones for all of us?
TigerFangRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TigerFangRed
I played Fable just as much or more as you and I think its a great idea. The colonial time period is never used for fantasy settings. Its always the middle ages. And the guns that are going to be in Fable 2 we essentially just be like bows. You're not running around Albion with an M4 mowing people down.Ket87
exactly, in fact, I'm kinda interested to see how this colonial time period(which you said has never been used before for fantasy) will be implemented and how well it will work.
BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

i dont realy like guns i just feel like it would change the feel it the game pwn-flakes

The guns are going to act like bows except it makes a big bang and lots of smoke (yay!)

Its cool if your into the whole middle-ages thing, i can respect that..but this feels nes and fresh so im super stoked...:P

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
fable 2
Tom1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Tom1243
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts

I like the new look/time frame...I want to play Fable 2...not "Fable re-done again."TigerFangRed

I'm with ya mate

Carroll-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Carroll-06
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
Well this is kinda similar to Age of Empires II and III, in AOE 2 and Fable it was based round medieval weapon but in AOE 3 and soon to be Fable 2 they use gun powder weapons which i thought was a good change for AOE 3 and i hope that it will be good in Fable 2.