This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I turned my 360 on earlier and a black screen with about 4 different languages popped up and didn't make any sense and at the bottom it said "Error E 68". And there was 1 flashing red light, I turned it off and started it back up and it was like nothing happened. What the hell did it mean though never did anything before or in the few hours since?
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
E68: Voltage Error... This error means that the Xbox 360 has insufficent power to function properly. This can be caused by an error in the hard drive or the fans that make them suck up too much power, it can also be caused if you have unnecessary accessories attached to the console like an external fan unit. Attempt to remove unnecessary accessories first, and then necessary components such as the hard drive and USB devices. If you have any case mods you may want to investigate those as well.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ket87
Okay thanks, I guess it was because I had my iPod still plugged in though I have done that before a lot in the past. Random occurance I guess.
Avatar image for Montypython1975
Montypython1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Montypython1975
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
so your telling me if i keep my usb device in try to start it will say that please respond
_ChinoMoreno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _ChinoMoreno_
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

Whenever you start getting Errors RRod is headed your 360s way.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ket87
Huh wow this is an old topic of mine. Well to the guy who ressurected it, you won't get that message all the time. And Error E68 is not a sign of RROD. It just means there are too many devices plugged into the console then the console is comfortable with beginning operation with. I've only ever had this message pop up that one time and it was a freak occurance and have never encountered it again. If you want to avoid this just unplug things when your done using your console and don't start the 360 up with a ton of things plugged into it, you don't need ipods and extra controllers or vision cams plugged in all the time.
yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 yonaswii08
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
Actually your xbox is about to die same thing happend to me. I had a E68 error and i did a form about it aswell thedn i turned my xbox off and unpluged and pluged it back then turned it in. IT was like nothing happen but three months... One red light again and this time it is error E74 it been like this for 2 weeks for me now but it is ok because i know how to fix it lol i have to open the xbox and fix loose end chip.
fblaise28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fblaise28
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I had one RROD on me a few months ago, got another one with a fan in it and about once a week (it'll usually happen for a few hours if I try to turn it on) I'll get either E68 or E65. The fan is the only thing that's on it (no ipod, controller, etc.).

This one RRODed on me earlier today, I let it sit for about 30 mins then kept getting either E68 or E65.

Stuff like this annoys me to no end. Has Microsoft figured out a permanent fix yet? I've heard of people sending their consoles to Microsoft for repair, and less than a month latter it RRODs again. I haven't heard of anything like this with the PS3... too bad the games/saves aren't compatible.

Is there any effective way to prevent these things from happening? My 360 currently has a good 8 inches in each direction (except the bottom, obviously) of clearance. wtf.

Avatar image for YOUNGMONEY_OBI2
YOUNGMONEY_OBI2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 YOUNGMONEY_OBI2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
TURN UR XBOX OFF I'LL TELL U THE STEP TO PLAY UR XBOX OK 1)REMOVE UR HARD DRIVE 2)TURN IT ON FOR 10 SECOND THEN REMOVE THE AV CABLE OFF 3)THEN PUT THE HARD DRIVE BACK ON 4)N PUT THE AX CABLE PUT ON. SO ENJOY
cottycheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cottycheese
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
mine is doing the same thing. i've taken out my hard drive and the error doesn't show up. when it's on and i turn on my xbox, there's is some clicking noise i've never heard before. i've looked on other sites but nothing has worked and i'd really hate to have to replace my hard drive. any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Antuno99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Antuno99
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Im having the same problem, my hard drive is making a strange ticking noise and im getting 1 red light with the E68 error message. This happens with whichever xbox i put my hard drive in to. Any advice would be much appreciated
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
Holy crap this topic has been necrobumped 5 times now. Leave it alone.