Elder Scrolls V official release date 2010

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rockhead27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rockhead27
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts

Just got the new elder scrolls novel. It contains the release date of the next game in the series. http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7428/scan0001mq.jpg.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Yeah, is it just me or does that looked shopped? That text is incredibly clear considering that it's a scan and that it looks off.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts

Yeah, is it just me or does that looked shopped? That text is incredibly clear considering that it's a scan and that it looks off.

Legendaryscmt
Looks real to me ..
Paynee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Paynee
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

Well nothings been formally announced. But that would be AWESOME.

rockhead27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rockhead27
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts

Nope, book came in today from ebay. Not fake.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I hope they take their time and work on the story.

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
Man i hope so, i just recall Pete Hines saying no to expect an elder scrolls game anyway son. And Craig, nice Sig... LO rules!
Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts

Paynee
This, E3 2010 anyone?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 craigalan23
Man i hope so, i just recall Pete Hines saying no to expect an elder scrolls game anyway son. And Craig, nice Sig... LO rules!Phantsy16
Thank you very much and yes LO does rule. :P
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Interesting, I hope this time where not going to be stuck in some boring generic caves for 90% of the game like Oblivion was, either way though i'll probably hold and see if a GOTY edition comes because im in no rush to play it.
ghost5891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 ghost5891
Member since 2004 • 1296 Posts
sweet i can't wait now
Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

I can't even see anything. Its so pixilated. Wouldn't this be big news?

Hathesulacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hathesulacon
Member since 2008 • 1374 Posts

[QUOTE="Paynee"]

Mythomniac

This, E3 2010 anyone?

**Remake Morrowind, PLEASE**

dukerav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dukerav
Member since 2003 • 2029 Posts
Whoa! Nice! I was planning on picking up this book, but I'm reading through the second Gears book atm as well as playing DA, but will definitely have to look into this sometime. Guess maybe well be seeing a rumor control article on GS soon ?
jimivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jimivey
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

Yeah this backs that http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/bethesda-pencils-in-new-elder-scrolls-title-for-2010

houdeany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 houdeany
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts

Wow, lets hope they announce it soon after the book is released.

2010 release sounds good.

Be an optimist mate, ES:V 2010.

MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

Lets get this hype machine rolling......ELDER SCROLLS V IS GOING TO BE **** AMAZING!!!!!You already know this to be true.

Haha, they made books?

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 craigalan23

Lets get this hype machine rolling......ELDER SCROLLS V IS GOING TO BE **** AMAZING!!!!!You already know this to be true.

Haha, they made books?

MCDogDoo
Not unless they don't focus on the story. They really need to create a good story so far Bethesda has made two games with dull stories this gen but we will see. Although obviously that's just how I felt about the game. Now I know to never anticipate a great story from a Bethesda game but the next might change that.
xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts

I hope this is real.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

craigalan23

It'd be a first for Bethesda.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#21 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
[QUOTE="Paynee"]

Mythomniac
This, E3 2010 anyone?

that's what I'm thinking.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Mythomniac"][QUOTE="Paynee"]

orb_03_2006

This, E3 2010 anyone?

that's what I'm thinking.

They might announce it at GDC. Put probably E3.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Bethesda usually doesn't announce games at E3. Usually it's announced on their website or in a magazine. Neither Morrowind, Oblivion nor Fallout 3 were announced at E3.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

Phoenix534

Eh we can only hope. If the story isn't that great I'll buy it when it gets cheaper.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

craigalan23

Eh we can only hope. If the story isn't that great I'll buy it when it gets cheaper.

I will too. And then I'd only get the PC version because Bethesda has a mod following better than the development team.

Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts

Well I guess it's possible, if they use the same engine from Oblivion and Fallout 3. I read somewhere that the hardest part of this generation was that most developers had to create new game engines to prepare for the "next gen". Take the Gears series for example, the 1st was released in 06 and the 2nd in 08. Oblivion was released in 06 so I guess it's possible... right?

LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

This would be so amazing. I started playing Oblivion again since it's been a year or two since my last playthrough, and I love this game so much. I'd hope the story would be more epic than FO3 though.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KC_Hokie
Bethesda is trying to deny any of this on their official forums, but no one is buying it. Bethesda is known for denying the existence of a game hours before they announce it.
-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

More of a release year rather than a release date.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KC_Hokie

More of a release year rather than a release date.

-Grieves-
It would have to come out late fall or early winter 2010....so way more then we knew a week ago. And I know that based on the minimum number of months required to build a game using the Oblivion/Fallout 3 engine.
X-ColdRush-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 X-ColdRush-X
Member since 2009 • 77 Posts
Seems a bit soon to me. Until I hear Bethesda announce a date themselves I find it hard to believe.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KC_Hokie
Seems a bit soon to me. Until I hear Bethesda announce a date themselves I find it hard to believe. X-ColdRush-X
I don't think so. Bethesda has two teams and one team likely started on the Elder Scrolls V immediately after the Oblivion DLC was finished. And now that Fallout 3 is finished both teams, or nearly 100 people, are working on the ESV. This would be the third game using this game engine so they have to be really good at it by now.
jespel2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jespel2013
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
OH MY GOD!
Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 Rikuide_Furame
Member since 2008 • 994 Posts

Looks real enough to me. I hope they change the leveling system but it's a staple of the series so I doubt they will - shame really.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KC_Hokie

Looks real enough to me. I hope they change the leveling system but it's a staple of the series so I doubt they will - shame really.

Rikuide_Furame
The leveling system in every game Bethesda makes is different. I would be willing to be it's different in ES V.
Paynee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Paynee

I think the leveling system was horrible in Oblivion, I hope they re-think that sorry idea for the next game.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

I think the leveling system was horrible in Oblivion, I hope they re-think that sorry idea for the next game.

Paynee

What do you mean? I thought leveling up your major abilities to level up is a great alternative to the standard "get experience, level up" that's in almost every other RPG.

guitarshr3dd3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 guitarshr3dd3r
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts
I really, even tho many may disagree, hope they go with a morrowind style again, morrowind was so immersive, and dark, and I loved it way more than oblivion, don't get me wrong oblivion is awesome, but I didn't see it as dark as morrowind, just my 2 cents =]
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="Paynee"]

PlasmaBeam44

What do you mean? I thought leveling up your major abilities to level up is a great alternative to the standard "get experience, level up" that's in almost every other RPG.

I think they mean how the enemies level up with you. That wasn't true in Morrowind like it was Oblivion. Not sure how it's done in Fallout 3.
DougieFresh314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 DougieFresh314
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

i cant wait! oblivion was one of my favorite games of all time. 200+ hours invested in that game

Odnomiar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Odnomiar
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

Well, suppose now is as good a time as any for me to get through oblivion finally, always started, but never continue through out the entire game. morrowind was my only real and complete adventure in that universe.

i'll need something meaty to fill my time after i finish ME and bofore ME2. also, I'm considering buying FO3 GoTYE soon. looking forward to them.

queen_vee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 queen_vee
Member since 2008 • 438 Posts
The book is out in the UK on the 27th of November & I REALLY hope that Bethesda have been keeping T.E.S V from us... If it comes out next year... wow... excited.
Paynee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Paynee

[QUOTE="Paynee"]

PlasmaBeam44

Enemy's leveling with you...sorta defeated the purpose for leveling up. I think they should take a page from the developers of Borderlands, and go with that type of leveling. One level can make all the difference in that game, I loved getting owned by a boss just ONE level higher than me. They really made it count for something.

MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

[QUOTE="MCDogDoo"]

Haha, they made books?

craigalan23

Not unless they don't focus on the story. They really need to create a good story so far Bethesda has made two games with dull stories this gen but we will see. Although obviously that's just how I felt about the game. Now I know to never anticipate a great story from a Bethesda game but the next might change that.

Yeah, the stories haven't been very strong. But Bethesda has made up for it by givingus ridiculous amounts of cool stuff to do. When I'm deep in a dungeon shooting fireballs at dark mages' heads, I'm not too worried about how I got there or why I'm doing what I'm doing. I know this is cheesy, but I also tend to use my imagination a lot with the Bethesda games, kinda creating my own stories. Haha, I guess I'm easily amused. But yeah, a greater attention to story would be much appreciated.

Just out of curiosity, what game(s) do you think have a great story.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

[QUOTE="Paynee"]

Paynee

Enemy's leveling with you...sorta defeated the purpose for leveling up. I think they should take a page from the developers of Borderlands, and go with that type of leveling. One level can make all the difference in that game, I loved getting owned by a boss just ONE level higher than me. They really made it count for something.

Yeah, I agree with that too. There really isn't a point to leveling up if everything stays at your level along side you.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 craigalan23

Yeah, the stories haven't been very strong. But Bethesda has made up for it by givingus ridiculous amounts of cool stuff to do. When I'm deep in a dungeon shooting fireballs at dark mages' heads, I'm not too worried about how I got there or why I'm doing what I'm doing. I know this is cheesy, but I also tend to use my imagination a lot with the Bethesda games, kinda creating my own stories. Haha, I guess I'm easily amused. But yeah, a greater attention to story would be much appreciated.

MCDogDoo

I still think Bethesda's games are great as they give you a lot of stuff to do but the main point of why I want an RPG is for the story and I want characters that I can actually enjoy talking to. I hope they can at least give us a good story and a few awesome characters. Also for WRPGs I found Mass Effect and Dragon Age Origins to have excellent stories and great characters. For JRPGs I think that's obvious you just have to look at my signature or avatar. :P

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

[QUOTE="MCDogDoo"]

I still think Bethesda's games are great as they give you a lot of stuff to do but the main point of why I want an RPG is for the story and I want characters that I can actually enjoy talking to. I hope they can at least give us a good story and a few awesome characters. Also for WRPGs I found Mass Effect and Dragon Age Origins to have excellent stories and great characters. For JRPGs I think that's obvious you just have to look at my signature or avatar. :P

Bioware always delivers great stories. Man I want KOTOR 3 so freakin' bad!
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 craigalan23

That is why I think Bioware is the only great WRPG developer for the Xbox 360 that is.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i hope coming next year i love oblivion
colejd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 colejd
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

I liked Oblivion. I really hope this is true(most likely not) because that would be sweet.