Duke Nukem's reviews so far have an aggregate scoring of 54/100...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/duke-nukem-forever Too bad, but it was kinda destined to happen. The trailer and gameplay clips really didn't look that great.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Schreek

BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS

dawso0n

Too perfect. Haha, I'm not personally passing judgement on the game as I have not and likely will not play it, but it's a big game so I watch the review scores.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/duke-nukem-forever Too bad, but it was kinda destined to happen. The trailer and gameplay clips really didn't look that great.

Schreek
Truth
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

And this is why i don't pre-order games anymore.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

I'll be picking it up when it's really cheap, still might not even enjoy it :P

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Still buying it day one. I don't exactly value the opinions of people that give crap like Dragon Age 2, MW2 etc good scores.

Dal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dal25
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

And this is why i don't pre-order games anymore.

superapo

this .

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Schreek

Still buying it day one. I don't exactly value the opinions of people that give crap like Dragon Age 2, MW2 etc good scores.

Darkslayer16

Let me know if you like it. My own opinion of the gameplay I have seen demoed is that it looks bad. I could tell Homefront was bad by gameplay demos so I feel that they are pretty revealing.

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

Darkslayer16

Oh the irony...

I didn't expect this game to be good. Gameplay has looked wonky since day one, and I've never understood the hype for it. Wouldn't have bought it even if it had gotten a 80+ on Metacritic or a high score here.

Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

Well considering I had pre-ordered it a LONG time ago I'm still picking it up no matter the reviews. The repeating factor I keep seeing that places this game in sub standards is the fact that its "outdated" Well DUH! its not like Gearbox bought it and started again from scratch we would have waited longer for it if that was the case. It will still be fun, why? its not anything even remotely trying to be realistic and that is why play games.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Only thing I know is that the demo suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Only thing I know is that the demo suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

_TheJoker_
Amen. It was painful to play through
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

Even though the reviews haven't been really good Im still picking this game up. I have been waiting for this game for so long that even if I barely play it I still want to have it in my collection.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Duke Nukem appears to be a full-priced mess, says Kotaku. They even give you a lenghty video showing a whole level, It does look like a 2004 game

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
considering it
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#17 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
What have we learned about decade long developed games (unless they are blizzard made)? Hint, see Daikatana.
Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

Planning on passing on Duke until a price drop. Will be picking up Alice Madness Returns.

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

I can't say I'm suprised at all, if a game takes over a decade to develope all that shows is that the developers do not know what they want to do with the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Planning on passing on Duke until a price drop. Will be picking up Alice Madness Returns.

Patrickbrown56

Same here, hope it doesn't let me down.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

This is why i dont listen to reviews..Ive been hearing from players that its fun..Brink for me was the same way..Reviewers game it a bad score but i find brink to be fun..Thats all that counts in a game in the end doesnt it..We new graphically the game wasnt going to be the best..Its more in line with dukes jokes the fun of old time fps games..Plus ill buy it because im a old time gamer..That still loves the duke..Will see what they can do with the ip now that they have the rights to do it right..Give them credit for bringing this to the public after 14 years of 3do being a joke...

ozspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ozspark
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

Fail to the king baby

SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts

I compare Duke Nukem to GnR's Chinese Democracy :-/

louiscky2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 louiscky2
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts

this game wasnt released to be a absolute media sucess, they probably didnt even intend to make the production money. it was purely released because of the wait the duke fans have had. if it was released when it should have been it would probably have been a great sucess but because its gameplay and graphics dont match up to 2011 standards people **** and moan about it. i for one love it and think its a simple and amusing shooter :D

Se7enSix2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Se7enSix2
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
After 12 years, and the hype, it deserves a rent at least.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Schreek

this game wasnt released to be a absolute media sucess, they probably didnt even intend to make the production money. it was purely released because of the wait the duke fans have had. if it was released when it should have been it would probably have been a great sucess but because its gameplay and graphics dont match up to 2011 standards people **** and moan about it. i for one love it and think its a simple and amusing shooter :D

louiscky2

They are a business. They wanted to make money on this and it is crazy to think otherwise. Even Valve, who in my opinion takes the best care of its fan base, wants to make money on all of their games.

Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#27 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
I really wasn't expecting a good score from this game.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

Im just glad to see Duke back. Although I wont be picking up the game I do hope it makes a decent amount of money so Gearbox can actually make a great sequel to a game that most of us enjoyed years ago. It's also nice to hear his one liners again :P

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#29 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I knew this would happen. A game can't live off just hype and no footage..
XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

If they ever make another Duke Nukem again, they can start fresh and use a better engine. (Not to mention not dragging the game out so long....)

Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

If they ever make another Duke Nukem again, they can start fresh and use a better engine. (Not to mention not dragging the game out so long....)

XboxGuy1537

Indeed what people seem to be forgetting over and over is that this game is OLD just because it came out now did not mean it would be the pinnacle of a modern game it was just a game for the fans, for the people that have been waiting for it. wait for the next one to pay any attention to reviews.

XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#33 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts
Lots of female reviewers out there :lol:
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Schreek

It has now dropped below 50. It only has 1 positive review, and the majority of reviews are negative, not even mixed. Sometimes I don't trust all the reviews but honestly when a game has only 1 positive review...

Roxas12934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Roxas12934
Member since 2006 • 1854 Posts

Great game and so far i've had a lot of fun playing it. If you have never played Duke Nukem before or are just jumping on the bandwagon of hatred then you need to sell your gaming systems as im dissapointed to see people putting down a game they have not played or see reviews and think that the reviews are actually what is what. There opinions of the game by other people....I'm glad to have went at midnight and bought it. Who cares about graphics? I swear if CoD didn't have good graphics no one would have played it and seen what a fun game it is. This is a good game and is lot's of fun. The humor is awesome and the gameplay is good. Definitly a fun game to pickup, I'd rate it 8.5/10.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Schreek

Great game and so far i've had a lot of fun playing it. If you have never played Duke Nukem before or are just jumping on the bandwagon of hatred then you need to sell your gaming systems as im dissapointed to see people putting down a game they have not played or see reviews and think that the reviews are actually what is what. There opinions of the game by other people....I'm glad to have went at midnight and bought it. Who cares about graphics? I swear if CoD didn't have good graphics no one would have played it and seen what a fun game it is. This is a good game and is lot's of fun. The humor is awesome and the gameplay is good. Definitly a fun game to pickup, I'd rate it 8.5/10.

Roxas12934

The reviews are not giving it a bad review just due to graphics.

Roxas12934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Roxas12934
Member since 2006 • 1854 Posts

All i ever hear is people crying like babies about graphics or gameplay.... Stop relying on reviews and go rent the game if you think it's not worth a buy. I don't understand why people are putting this game down when it was not mean't to be a Triple A game. It wasen't supposed to be better than anything. It was made for the Duke fans who have been waiting years to play this. You're obviously not a fan of the game if all you care about is gameplay and graphics...

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Schreek

All i ever hear is people crying like babies about graphics or gameplay.... Stop relying on reviews and go rent the game if you think it's not worth a buy. I don't understand why people are putting this game down when it was not mean't to be a Triple A game. It wasen't supposed to be better than anything. It was made for the Duke fans who have been waiting years to play this. You're obviously not a fan of the game if all you care about is gameplay and graphics...

Roxas12934

Gameplay is the game. If the gameplay is bad, the game is bad.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
The Duke is doubtless disappointed.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

I've personally had a great time with the game aswell.

Easily one of the most enjoyable/fun fps games I've played in awhile.

GuitarPAaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 GuitarPAaron
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts

I can't say I'm suprised at all, if a game takes over a decade to develope all that shows is that the developers do not know what they want to do with the game.

Sparky04
Your avatar is a starcraft one ಠ_ಠ
Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

[QUOTE="Sparky04"]

GuitarPAaron

Your avatar is a starcraft one ಠ_ಠ

Starcraft 2 was not in development for over 10 years, there was just a large gap between the release of Starcraft 2 and Brood War because they were working on other games like Warcraft 3 and WoW while still supporting Starcraft and Diablo II with heavy content patches, it's important to remember that with the Brood War community growing each year instead of shrinking it would not of made sense to try to release Starcraft 2 then. It also was never rebooted during development, unlike Duke Nukem Forever.

dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

looks like the game devs spent less time working on actual gameplay than they did on the trailers....they just expected the game to sell well because its part of the duke nukem franchise....12 years of waiting for this piece of ...

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#44 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
I knew it would score low, just by looking at the trailer they showed months ago. Oh well, it had a chance to be a good game.
ramulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ramulux
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
[QUOTE="_TheJoker_"]

[QUOTE="Patrickbrown56"]

Same here, hope it doesn't let me down.

i was to but those reviews are still pretty low granted you could do much worse with duke but i was bummed to see it get 6's