dont compare anything with GoW

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danyalhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 danyalhk
Member since 2005 • 121 Posts

And  i mean it.

Literally there is nothing to compare.

Its the sole winner of all times

A masterpiece 

Southwind20C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Southwind20C
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts
No, not really, the multiplayer blows. However I am tired of people comparing Halo 3 graphics to Gears, Halo 3 has to keep some Halo aspect in it's graphics, therefor it wont Rival Gears. Gears isn't the best game of all times, sorry dude. It's solo is short and it's multiplayer blows. It's my least played game.
Truvietplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Truvietplaya
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts
Gear's online is probably what I play most on my 360 so far. People hate it or they love it. The campaign is short but the multiplayer makes up for it. Graphic wise nothing can compare but there are still going to be alot of hot titles coming out this FALL/Winter.
Vinny6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vinny6
Member since 2003 • 273 Posts
Graphics are great, but I played Crackdown more than Gears
Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts
I think the gameplay is excellent, it has possibly the best cover system EVER.  The story in the single player campiagn is just awful but the co-op makes up for this IMO.  I've only played online once (48-hour free trial) and it was pretty fun but until I get live I can't really give an opinion of it.
sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

Nice to know and its just your opinion so i dont really care anyway if you like it or hate it. But i cant let you say ridiculouse things like "its the best game in the world ever" because the game has more glitchs than any console game i have played for a while.

"Glitches Of War" is its new name so use it!

And i dont think you have heard of a games called -  Oblivion

HL1/2

Golden eye

Counter strike

SSBM

MGS

sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts
Plus I wouldnt trust a guy that gave Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (XBOX) a 9.3 :o
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

And  i mean it.

A masterpiece 

danyalhk

I dunno, I like to compare it to Rent-a-Hero No.1 with a little bit of Gran Turismo, GTA and Chameleon Kid thrown in.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

What are you gonna do about it?

Gears is Baby's First Shooter. That's all it is... it's an entry-level team-based shooter for the kids who don't have the motor skills to hack Rainbow Six yet. I've compared Gears of War with another game, and in the process belittled your precious masterpiece. Your move, tough guy. 

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

And  i mean it.

A masterpiece 

danyalhk

Gow is the most overrated, piece of garbage I've ever played. It's pretty, and that's it. Singleplayer is an insanely linear, overglorified game of hide-n-seek, the whole game is on steroids, and multiplayer is a joke. At least they got rid of team stacking in ranked matches. The only redeeming quality of GoW is the chainsaw, and it's not even that satisfying. Also, you can beat the game essentially in one sitting, wtf. It's people like you that perpetuate the production of the same old garbage. Great graphics, horrible gameplay. Congratulations. I had much more fun playing Ninety-Nine Nights than GoW. Yeah, I went there. We need more games like Lost Planet, RSV, etc, when it comes to shooters, games that bring something awesome to the table besides graphics, cover, and hide-n-seek.

jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#11 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts

And  i mean it.

Its the sole casual flavor for a few months.

A masterpiece for casuals. 

danyalhk

FIXED

danyalhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danyalhk

i dont give a damn about your stupid opinions.

Short campaign what you guys want. Play GoW for the rest of your life. of course everything has to end. So game length doesnt matter when you got great graphics and everything. And those who really want a piece of me then meet me online. i'll show you who is tough. 

I love Black too. from your point of view its crapy too.

but to me its the favourite and best games xbox ever had.

so we all are waiting for things like bioshock, blacksite area 51 .

have been playing for a very long time so dont under estimate .

cheers for all those who love GoW 

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

And i mean it.

A masterpiece

danyalhk

wow, someone is a fanboy..... 

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts

And  i mean it.

A masterpiece 

danyalhk

What, you mean God Of War?

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Generic_Dude
[QUOTE="danyalhk"]

And i mean it.

A masterpiece

ball_of_air

What, you mean God Of War?

I think he means Geometry Wars. :P 

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts

And i mean it.

A masterpiece

danyalhk

GoW is the best game on the 360 but not all time

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Staryoshi87
One of these days I'm going to make a point by point list of why Gears is the most overrated game of all time...not today, but soon. It's a dribble game for dribblers. (The target audience being people who go to the Quik-E Mart at 2 am to buy shiny objects)
danyalhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 danyalhk

and this is for you "sadikovic" i have played all these games.if u cannot appreciate good things then dont say anything. 

very negative thinking you got 

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
True about not comparing things to GoW, but  there aren't any games like it, well maybe close, but it is its own game, but I dont think its a masterpiece, but definately one to remember, but the fact is that it did not last a year on the long lasting scale, there are only a few on the 360 but that game is not one of them,.... The game is GREAT, but overrated, even though its a simple thing the game would have had a better engine if you could at LEAST jump
rwells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rwells87
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts
i liked the single player co-op but i hate the mutliplayer, not as much variety, people take same path every game and use same strategy for every game. halo is versatile with many different game types and bunch of different strategy. i played gears for the first week then gave up on it. i will stick with halo, also halo graphics will never match gears, but fun and replayability make up for it.
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
gears of war is the best game on 360 rite now but tha will change wen halo 3 comes out BUT gears of war will still be the 2nd best(shooter)with rainbow n graw rite behind.....Gears of war 2 could have a chance 2 top halo if they fixed the bugs make the story lil bit better n longer n crisp up the multiplayer a bit..maybe put some deathmatch n maybe capture the flag or suttin 2 spice it up...but its not the best game ever there r soo many great series n this is just the first of this series...halo,metel gear,final fantasy,Grand theft auto..those games have put out a first great game n constantly kept puttin out  pretty amazing sequals
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Staryoshi87

and this is for you "sadikovic" i have played all these games.if u cannot appreciate good things then dont say anything. 

danyalhk

Wow, you are an Oxymoron (I just had to use that out of context ;)) You say "Don't compare anything to the oober perfect GoW" and then you say it's negative thinking to say other games may be better in his opinion... You're essentially insinuating that it's some sort of sin to blaspheme Gears, well here you go. You CAN compare things to GoW, you can compare anything you want to anything else. GoW is NOT the best game ever made. The graphics are great, but they're topped by the PC on a daily basis. I think Lost Planet looked much better than GoW as well. The gameplay is some of the worst I've ever played. It's a game of hide-and-seek where the objective is to shoot the enemy in the head until they're dead. Also, why the hell is everyone in the game hopped up on steroids? They look like friggin ogres. And wtf why does one need to crouch to run? I can run just fine without having to crouch, thanks. It's embarrassing to try to pass off a game that has that short of a SP campaign and tout it as anything other than a multiplayer game with a complimentary SP campaign. Multiplayer is a joke as well. First of all, it's 4 on 4. Now you've got people complaining because they can't stack ranked matches anymore, one of the few things about GoW that I approve of. The only redeeming quality of MP for me was chainsawing some poor bastard who was probably 10 years old and shouldn't have been playing the game in the first place. I wouldn't give GoW a rating any higher than an 7.9 because I think it's good at best. Far from the best game ever, far from the best looking game into perpetuity. It makes me mad that the devs see the reaction to GoW and go out and try to replicate it...and I think you guys are suckers for potentially buying GoW1-3, because it should have been released as one game, that way the SP campaign would have lasted at least 15 hours. Have fun playing your precious GoW, but keep in mind it's not the best thing since sliced bread. (Oh yeah, GoW was the reason I bought my 360, but I returned it recently because I could get 45 bucks for it. I don't miss it, and it was the biggest letdown I've ever had when buying a game...especially one that's 60 bucks.)

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Generic_Dude

True about not comparing things to GoW, but there aren't any games like it, well maybe close, but it is its own game, but I dont think its a masterpiece, but definately one to remember, but the fact is that it did not last a year on the long lasting scale, there are only a few on the 360 but that game is not one of them,.... The game is GREAT, but overrated, even though its a simple thing the game would have had a better engine if you could at LEAST jumpTrogeton

Nothing like it? What are you TALKING about? Jeez, Cliffy B HIMSELF said that the game is a Resident Evil 4 ripoff. There are DOZENS of games like this... many of them (RE4 included) better. This game stands out because it looks great... good use of color (or its absence) and atmosphere, lots of bump mapping and decent lighting effects, high-res textures and lots of gore (even if the blood doesn't look like blood).

The game isn't great... it had a mostly-fun-while-it-lasted single player campaign that lasted me AN AFTERNOON. That is awful. The multiplayer is repetitive and lacks any semblance of depth. As I said, it's Baby's First Shooter for the people that can't hack Rainbow Six or any number of other games that are much, much better than this game. It's a Special-Ed SOCOM.

Parsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Parsaw
Member since 2003 • 1905 Posts

z0mgggggggggg e-arguments!

I disagree!

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Generic_Dude
[QUOTE="danyalhk"]

Staryoshi87

Wow, you are an Oxymoron (I just had to use that out of context ;)) You say "Don't compare anything to the oober perfect GoW" and then you say it's negative thinking to say other games may be better in his opinion... You're essentially insinuating that it's some sort of sin to blaspheme Gears, well here you go. You CAN compare things to GoW, you can compare anything you want to anything else. GoW is NOT the best game ever made. The graphics are great, but they're topped by the PC on a daily basis. I think Lost Planet looked much better than GoW as well. The gameplay is some of the worst I've ever played. It's a game of hide-and-seek where the objective is to shoot the enemy in the head until they're dead. Also, why the hell is everyone in the game hopped up on steroids? They look like friggin ogres. And wtf why does one need to crouch to run? I can run just fine without having to crouch, thanks. It's embarrassing to try to pass off a game that has that short of a SP campaign and tout it as anything other than a multiplayer game with a complimentary SP campaign. Multiplayer is a joke as well. First of all, it's 4 on 4. Now you've got people complaining because they can't stack ranked matches anymore, one of the few things about GoW that I approve of. The only redeeming quality of MP for me was chainsawing some poor bastard who was probably 10 years old and shouldn't have been playing the game in the first place. I wouldn't give GoW a rating any higher than an 7.9 because I think it's good at best. Far from the best game ever, far from the best looking game into perpetuity. It makes me mad that the devs see the reaction to GoW and go out and try to replicate it...and I think you guys are suckers for potentially buying GoW1-3, because it should have been released as one game, that way the SP campaign would have lasted at least 15 hours. Have fun playing your precious GoW, but keep in mind it's not the best thing since sliced bread. (Oh yeah, GoW was the reason I bought my 360, but I returned it recently because I could get 45 bucks for it. I don't miss it, and it was the biggest letdown I've ever had when buying a game...especially one that's 60 bucks.)

Wow, they give you 45 for Gears? I might have to return that and get something good. 

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Staryoshi87
It was 30 bucks but I had a 50% trade in credit from a special deal at GameStop. I feel bad when I trade in games, though, because a) I usually get jipped a little and b) I take such good care of the game, and I doubt whoever buys it cares :(
Parsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Parsaw
Member since 2003 • 1905 Posts

It was 30 bucks but I had a 50% trade in credit from a special deal at GameStop. I feel bad when I trade in games, though, because a) I usually get jipped a little and b) I take such good care of the game, and I doubt whoever buys it cares :(Staryoshi87

You always get ripped-off when you sell a game back to the game store.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Generic_Dude

It was 30 bucks but I had a 50% trade in credit from a special deal at GameStop. I feel bad when I trade in games, though, because a) I usually get jipped a little and b) I take such good care of the game, and I doubt whoever buys it cares :(Staryoshi87

Yeah, they only wanted to give me $28 for Crackdown... you believe that? That's more than 100% profit. And it's outrageous and villanous. I should've ebayed it when the Halo 3 beta started. But I kinda wanted to pick up Viva Pinata, which -- back on topic here -- is also better than Gears Of War. More replay value, deeper gameplay and, as far as I can tell from this thread, a more intelligent community.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Staryoshi87

[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]It was 30 bucks but I had a 50% trade in credit from a special deal at GameStop. I feel bad when I trade in games, though, because a) I usually get jipped a little and b) I take such good care of the game, and I doubt whoever buys it cares :(Parsaw

You always get ripped-off when you sell a game back to the game store.

$45 bucks for Gears? I'll more than sell it for that much, I'll shine your shoes, too. The trick is to only trade in when they have special deals.

BlaqStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BlaqStar
Member since 2002 • 1111 Posts

IMO, Gears is a pretty game with no substance. I played it for the first 2 weeks...then the icing on the cake wore off. Now it's collecting dust. IMO, RBSV is a much better game than Gears. There are many others that I have more fun playing (too many to mention).

Gears is like a pretty blonde.

KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts

danyalhk

no we just realize that the "best game ever" isn't 6-7 hrs long, the multiplayer isn't filled with cheaters and whinners, sorry you fail to see that 

danciu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 danciu
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
[QUOTE="danyalhk"]

Staryoshi87

Wow, you are an Oxymoron (I just had to use that out of context ;)) You say "Don't compare anything to the oober perfect GoW" and then you say it's negative thinking to say other games may be better in his opinion... You're essentially insinuating that it's some sort of sin to blaspheme Gears, well here you go. You CAN compare things to GoW, you can compare anything you want to anything else. GoW is NOT the best game ever made. The graphics are great, but they're topped by the PC on a daily basis. I think Lost Planet looked much better than GoW as well. The gameplay is some of the worst I've ever played. It's a game of hide-and-seek where the objective is to shoot the enemy in the head until they're dead. Also, why the hell is everyone in the game hopped up on steroids? They look like friggin ogres. And wtf why does one need to crouch to run? I can run just fine without having to crouch, thanks. It's embarrassing to try to pass off a game that has that short of a SP campaign and tout it as anything other than a multiplayer game with a complimentary SP campaign. Multiplayer is a joke as well. First of all, it's 4 on 4. Now you've got people complaining because they can't stack ranked matches anymore, one of the few things about GoW that I approve of. The only redeeming quality of MP for me was chainsawing some poor bastard who was probably 10 years old and shouldn't have been playing the game in the first place. I wouldn't give GoW a rating any higher than an 7.9 because I think it's good at best. Far from the best game ever, far from the best looking game into perpetuity. It makes me mad that the devs see the reaction to GoW and go out and try to replicate it...and I think you guys are suckers for potentially buying GoW1-3, because it should have been released as one game, that way the SP campaign would have lasted at least 15 hours. Have fun playing your precious GoW, but keep in mind it's not the best thing since sliced bread. (Oh yeah, GoW was the reason I bought my 360, but I returned it recently because I could get 45 bucks for it. I don't miss it, and it was the biggest letdown I've ever had when buying a game...especially one that's 60 bucks.)

You spend more time writing on gamespot than playing games.I wonder if u even have a console...
gallmankids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 gallmankids
Member since 2004 • 32 Posts

Gears IMHO is a game that has made its debut and greatness solely on graphics i believe half way through the game the gameplay becomes so repetitive that i just dont really want to play anymore it seems that the only task there is to fallow a linear line to find the nest of the crazy alien f)(kers it just seems too repetitive and the online is actually not too fun i dont see how some people can call this the best game when there  are loads of glitches and loads of things most people agree to be un enjoyableI do think the game was fun to play through simply for its amazing graphics but the gameplay became somewhat dry after the first 4 hours or so.... If you are comparing this to Halo 3 and the halo franchise please dont the online play simply over rules the online of GOW i could play it for hours. I still believe that Halo 3 has more to offer than the beta is showing us because who would give away everything in the beta that everyone knows will be reported on emensly anyways i gotta run fun gaming everyone

DrewBlood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DrewBlood08
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

As the developers of GoW called it at one point in its creation, Whack-A-Mole...

The best cover system I have come across is rainbow six vegas...

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

One of these days I'm going to make a point by point list of why Gears is the most overrated game of all time...not today, but soon. It's a dribble game for dribblers. (The target audience being people who go to the Quik-E Mart at 2 am to buy shiny objects)Staryoshi87

a bit elitist of you... don't you think? :roll: 

WarTime71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WarTime71
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"][QUOTE="danyalhk"]

danciu

You spend more time writing on gamespot than playing games.I wonder if u even have a console...

Lol nice one but anyways I loved gears its the best game on 360 ryte now and I dont think Halo is going 2 dethrone it. They are both over hyped games I think every is entitled to their opinion but I think bashing gears is just wrong alot of time and effort went into that game and I know when u first popped it in u were like OMFG dis is sweet for some of us that effect never wore off. I personally think they did a terrific job hell I even got every achievement in da game and still play it shooters are not even my genre Ima RPG type of guy so thats why I think its an amazing game. But it will get dethroned by MASS EFFECT or for me ETERNAL SONATA but thats just me

AND STARYOSHI IN EVERY FORUM TOPIC I SEE U IN U COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GUYS IN GEARS BEING ON STEROIDS!!

GO 2 THE GYM STOP WRITING SO MUCH ONLINE WORKOUT SO YOU COULD FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF OR SUMTHING STOP WHINING

AND CARMINE,MARCUS, KIM AND HOFFMAN SEEM NORMAL SIZED 2 ME.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Staryoshi87

You spend more time writing on gamespot than playing games.I wonder if u even have a console...danciu

And it makes ME wonder how long it takes you to type...took me a few mins.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Staryoshi87

[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]One of these days I'm going to make a point by point list of why Gears is the most overrated game of all time...not today, but soon. It's a dribble game for dribblers. (The target audience being people who go to the Quik-E Mart at 2 am to buy shiny objects)c0mplex

Just calling a spade a spade. Dribblers must be put in their place.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Staryoshi87

@Wartime

Dribbler. You're instigating the propensity of devs to make dribble games. (Big Words mean I R smart)

Everything good or bad deserves criticism, good or bad as well. When one sees a topic title that says "Don't compare anything with GoW" it should make one think, wow, that person rides the short bus. Everything is fit to be compared to anything.

ebookerd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 ebookerd1
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts
I like Gears alot but I won't say it is the greatest of all time. It is an unbelievably great cinematic game. you have to admit that it is pretty cool. There are a few things that I really would like fix but there is part 2 comming out. Don't worry guys I respect your opinion. I may not really agree but he it is your opiniion. the game is fun that is why thousands are going at it as we speak!! I personally Really like Crackdown just going crazy is fun to me!!
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

No, not really, the multiplayer blows. However I am tired of people comparing Halo 3 graphics to Gears, Halo 3 has to keep some Halo aspect in it's graphics, therefor it wont Rival Gears. Gears isn't the best game of all times, sorry dude. It's solo is short and it's multiplayer blows. It's my least played game.Southwind20C

no, not really, the multiplayer owns...doesn't matter if the solo is short....it still was good....and the multiplayer is sweet...it's my most played game....sorry dude....i have to disagree with you

danciu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 danciu

[QUOTE="danciu"] You spend more time writing on gamespot than playing games.I wonder if u even have a console...Staryoshi87

Shut up u Valve fanboy.I bet the only games u like and own r Half Life and CS.I respect those games but their time is over so move on...
WarTime71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WarTime71
[QUOTE="c0mplex"]

[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]One of these days I'm going to make a point by point list of why Gears is the most overrated game of all time...not today, but soon. It's a dribble game for dribblers. (The target audience being people who go to the Quik-E Mart at 2 am to buy shiny objects)Staryoshi87

bIG TALKER ONLINE U TALK ABOUT  PEOPLE WHO RIDE THE SHORT BUS IN ONE OF UR POSTS U TALK AS IF UR SUPERIOR AND HAVE GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF EVERYTHING  WELL CRITIZISE ON GAMESPOT ALL U WANT U POOR SAD SAD LIL MAN LOL  AND MY LIL BRTHER RIDES DA SHORT YELLOW BUS 2 SCHOOL AND ILL BET DA FARM DAT HES MORE COMPUTER LITERATE THAN ME OR U WATCH WAT U SAY U MITE GET OWNED..

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Staryoshi87
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]

[QUOTE="danciu"] You spend more time writing on gamespot than playing games.I wonder if u even have a console...danciu

Shut up u Valve fanboy.I bet the only games u like and own r Half Life and CS.I respect those games but their time is over so move on...

Wow, that's pretty funny. The only reason I use Valve is because I have to to play HL2 etc, otherwise I wouldn't. First off, HL2 is a million times better than GoW, and it was graphically superior relative to its time. Also, I have about 200+ games from almost every system, the only bias I have is against eh PS3. Not just a PC gamer, I play everything. (Except PS3)

wajidshabbir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wajidshabbir
Member since 2004 • 127 Posts
YA i agree with u but add one thing GOW  solo campaign is really short but GOW online gameplay is awsome and best online game ever i play gow for atlest 3 to 4 hours daily, the people who r complaining about this game, i can bet they have not played this game online for atleast 2 hours, had they, they have been the addicts of GOW ONLINE......
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Staryoshi87
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"][QUOTE="c0mplex"]

[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]One of these days I'm going to make a point by point list of why Gears is the most overrated game of all time...not today, but soon. It's a dribble game for dribblers. (The target audience being people who go to the Quik-E Mart at 2 am to buy shiny objects)WarTime71

bIG TALKER ONLINE U TALK ABOUT  PEOPLE WHO RIDE THE SHORT BUS IN ONE OF UR POSTS U TALK AS IF UR SUPERIOR AND HAVE GREAT KNOWLEDGE OF EVERYTHING  WELL CRITIZISE ON GAMESPOT ALL U WANT U POOR SAD SAD LIL MAN LOL  AND MY LIL BRTHER RIDES DA SHORT YELLOW BUS 2 SCHOOL AND ILL BET DA FARM DAT HES MORE COMPUTER LITERATE THAN ME OR U WATCH WAT U SAY U MITE GET OWNED..

I love self-owning posts such as these. I like how you didn't capitalize the first letter of your sentence to pass it...nice.

danciu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 danciu
[QUOTE="WarTime71"][QUOTE="Staryoshi87"][QUOTE="c0mplex"]

[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]One of these days I'm going to make a point by point list of why Gears is the most overrated game of all time...not today, but soon. It's a dribble game for dribblers. (The target audience being people who go to the Quik-E Mart at 2 am to buy shiny objects)Staryoshi87

I love self-owning posts such as these. I like how you didn't capitalize the first letter of your sentence to pass it...nice.

How bout u give me your gamertag?Ur lucky my headset is broke but Ill fix it...
WarTime71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 WarTime71

@Wartime

Dribbler. You're instigating the propensity of devs to make dribble games. (Big Words mean I R smart)

Everything good or bad deserves criticism, good or bad as well. When one sees a topic title that says "Don't compare anything with GoW" it should make one think, wow, that person rides the short bus. Everything is fit to be compared to anything.

Staryoshi87

Big words make u feel better for ur shotcomings lol take that however u want it. Hey u mite get over 6000 posts in this forum dont worry lil guy your almost there ...DORK!!!

But what do I know im just a dribbler ..

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Staryoshi87

My rating of GoW from my experience...

Graphics - That's somewhat tough, because GoW utilizes all those fancy features very nicely, and it paints its atmosphere well....but I'd have to say I think Lost Planet looks better imo. (Maybe not technically, but I like the atmosphere better as well and the levels seem more massive) With DX10 games on the horizon, GoW will not have the graphics crown by the end of this fall. The graphics are very impressive, but they can't be on top forever, now can they? The blood was pretty lame, though, imo. (Also, there's more to a game than that) Overall I can't knock it...yet 10

Gameplay - Easily the worst feature of the game. Hide-and-seek mechanics, shoot 'em-in-the-head-till-they're-dead combat...how many shots to the head does it take to kill someone? You have to crouch while running...I've never crouch-ran myself. The chainsaw is fun for the first 5 minutes of using it. Also, I hear tales about all manner of MP glitch... Also, getting past the berserker with an AI teammate was fun...yeah...That's what live is for, though ;)  6

Sound - Pretty decent, adds to the dark atmosphere and plays according to the mood...not bad, but not anything special. 7

Value - The value of this game was a joke... A game that claims to be epic should have an epic single player campaign, with multiplayer being a nice bonus. However, clocking in at a length conquerable in one sitting, the single player is rediculously short. If you didn't have live, you'd be paying about $10 an hour for the game play you get....which is more than most 360 players make working. The multiplayer was pretty boring for me, 4 v 4 is the fundamentally lame as far as i'm concerned. Also, before the sweet update, ranked matches had gotten retarded. 6

Tilt - I think it's rediculous that you put out a game that's crazy short and use the excuse that it's part of a trilogy. Ok, let's see here, so that's 180 bucks (USD no tax, regular edition) for 3 games that will come out in the span of at least 2 years (retroactive to last November)....all of which should have been made into one normal-sized game for 60 bucks. Everything about this game was just disappointment after disappointment for me. The first 5 minutes of playing I thought to myself "Wow, this looks awesome!"...it went downhill from there 6

(Rating system: Graphics 15%, Gameplay 30%, Sound 15%, Value 20%, Tilt 20%)

My overall rating: 6.75 

That's my review. I know you probably don't care or disagree with most of what I had to say, but I had to say it. I'm tired of responding to these GoW threads, so I won't anymore...it's your money to spend...I just want what's best for you ;) Anyway, enjoy your Locust-chainsawing fun...or don't. Yoshi out.