Does the ELITE have more overheating problems?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dhruv989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dhruv989
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts
since the case is black and black absorbes heat....is there a greater chance of it breaking...?
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
lol Black absorbs heat from the Sun, so I guess if you lay your 360 in a direct sunbeam then yeah it would overheat...but I doubt it.
Eye_See

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Eye_See
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts
^You think color has anything to do with invisible heat? The shell is still made out of plastic like the white one, so the heat absorbtion from the hardware will be the same. However, if one did put it in the sun, yes the elite would heat up a lot faster, where as the sunlight would reflect of the white casing. Now whose the numbnuts numbnuts?
tkemory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 tkemory
Member since 2002 • 2191 Posts

since the case is black and black absorbes heat....is there a greater chance of it breaking...?dhruv989

HAHAHAHAHA!

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts
I got an Elite this weekend and gave my Launch X360 Premium to my son.  The Elite I received is much much quieter than my launch X360.  The fans and DVD drive are alot quieter.  The hdmi looks better on my HDTV then my component cables did.  I am happy, except after I got my Elite setup, my old launch X360 that my son has died with the 3 red lights of death.  The boy was bummed, so am having it fixed, $140 kinda sucks.
kambion313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kambion313
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts

since the case is black and black absorbes heat....is there a greater chance of it breaking...?dhruv989

black doesnt absorb heat unless you have a light source on it....so....dont put ur thang on a window.....BUT i had 3 lights of death IT WAS CAUSED BY THE INTERCOOLER!!!!!!! seriously.....the intercooler sucks..

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

[QUOTE="atha_an_miere"]hah. Umm. Black absorbing heat has nothing to do with the sun. It absorbs any type of heat. Numbnuts.TheSystemLord1

Franklin's light experiment

Ok then, how do you explain that? Black does not absorb heat, it absorbs light a la the SUN.

More proof

Now, let's graduate elementary school for a second (that might be hard for you...but I'm patient). Light is a form of energy, got it? Do you? I'm not sure...what is light converted to in Solar Power? Huh? Heat? What? I'm right? YOU'RE the numbnuts? WOOOW! So if the Elite is left sitting under a sun beam, the light from the sun is absorbed by the color black, the color black then transforms the light into heat energy, the heat energy overheats the Elite. So Einstein before you go off calling people obviously smarter than you numbnuts lets take a step back, consult google, and realize that your 6th grade teacher might have failed you.

pwned

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheSystemLord1

Ok numbnuts. I'll take it slow for you. The fact that the energy is solar has nothing to do with it. The color black reacts to and holds heat in general. It might be heat produced from solar energy, but the fact that it came from solar energy has ntohing to do with it. It couldve come from a ceramic heater, and the color black would still react to it and hold in the energy.atha_an_miere

Did you click the links?  Read?  Is your Elementary school textbook sitting right there?  You might wanna start crossing stuff out.  If Black absorbs more heat then why don't people exploring the arctic wear black clothing instead of white/brown/whatever color they feel like?  If I listened to you...I could go out there in a black winter coat and snow pants and the atmosphere would heat me enough to survive.   

I'll give you another few links

number 1

number 2

theres 2.  Find me a link where it says "Black absorbs heat in general, it does not have to be from light" and you will have proved me wrong.  

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheSystemLord1

You're just wrong, so stop. There is nothing differnt chemically between the white and black casing. They are made of the same s**t, so they react the same way. However, visible light is absorbed by the black casing because the light does not bounce off the black, it is absorbed. Eye_See

Who are you saying is wrong?  Me?  Or our friend who likes to call others numbnuts?

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheSystemLord1

Nope, I'm totally with you. The other guy is a f***ing idiot. However, if you just read my post, you would know i'm on your side. Eye_See

Yeah I'm sorry about that, I'm pissed for some reason.  Who knows?   

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

The TC asked a simple question folks, it's too bad you can't seem to have a conversation without resorting to immature jabs & sophomoric insults.  Please leave the thread now & let everyone else have a mature discussion.

To answer the TC's question, the black case isn"t going to make the 360 overheat any more than the original case would.

xchannelsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xchannelsx
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts

Lets admit it, there are people that is just not meant to be anything but a janitor, the black ABSORBS LIGHT and transforms it into heat, if theres no light, then there wont be energy for the black to absorb, and there wont be heat (speaking of the color factor).

Sorry for the english grammar errors, its not my native lenguage....and im just too lazy to use the check spelling option

Eye_See

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eye_See
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts
It's true.  I did it in the name of science.  I apologize to the original TC.  To answer your question, just keep it out of the sun, like someone else said. 
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheSystemLord1
Yeah, likewise I'm done with it, my point was made.  So to reiterate my first post in this thread, leave it out of the sun and you won't have any problems.  Put it in the sun and technically yes you could have a problem or two with heat.
Cedric169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Cedric169
Member since 2005 • 2138 Posts
lol naaa don't think so..
ramo_zemog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ramo_zemog
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts
thank god I have a white one
AlexRA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AlexRA
Member since 2006 • 2004 Posts
i dont think so because Black only abosrbs heat from bright lights like the sun
gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 gamekingpin
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts

hah. Umm. Black absorbing heat has nothing to do with the sun. It absorbs any type of heat. Numbnuts.atha_an_miere

actually black does only absorb heat from Sun and lights because black obsorbs all colors as apposed to white which reflects them.  So because sun light and light from bulbs is a combonation of all colors any thing that is black will obsorb them.  As for natural heat not resulting from light it does not make a difference.  I'm sure what ever the case is, Microsof would have been intellegent enough to take note and design the cooling system accordingly.

Slaide69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Slaide69
Member since 2003 • 192 Posts

Somebody give Mr. Wizard a call!

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamekingpin

[QUOTE="atha_an_miere"]Ok numbnuts. I'll take it slow for you. The fact that the energy is solar has nothing to do with it. The color black reacts to and holds heat in general. It might be heat produced from solar energy, but the fact that it came from solar energy has ntohing to do with it. It couldve come from a ceramic heater, and the color black would still react to it and hold in the energy.TheSystemLord1

Did you click the links?  Read?  Is your Elementary school textbook sitting right there?  You might wanna start crossing stuff out.  If Black absorbs more heat then why don't people exploring the arctic wear black clothing instead of white/brown/whatever color they feel like?  If I listened to you...I could go out there in a black winter coat and snow pants and the atmosphere would heat me enough to survive.   

number 1

number 2

theres 2.  Find me a link where it says "Black absorbs heat in general, it does not have to be from light" and you will have proved me wrong.  

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

[QUOTE="atha_an_miere"]Ok numbnuts. I'll take it slow for you. The fact that the energy is solar has nothing to do with it. The color black reacts to and holds heat in general. It might be heat produced from solar energy, but the fact that it came from solar energy has ntohing to do with it. It couldve come from a ceramic heater, and the color black would still react to it and hold in the energy.TheSystemLord1

number 1

number 2

just give up arguing with this guy now, i dont think he's going to prove he's a man and admit he's wrong. Heat absoption differences due to colour have nothing do to with anything other than light, any kind of direct light, and since the colour black absorbs more colour from the spectrum than white it would absorb more heat from a direct light source. Proof that black absorbs more liight, and colours from the spectrum can be seen by the fact the object is black, like when a room is dark, (no light returned to our eye means either no light to start off with or the object the light hits is absorbing it, visa versa for white) Your room tempreture wont affect the balck any differently than the white when its made from the same material, pretty much as you and a couple others have said but I just thought I'd add me ten pence worth.
gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamekingpin
[QUOTE="Hott-FuzZ"]

wow you people are retarted, yes its a fact that black absorbs heat much easier. black clothing in the sun, black car interior, ect all get hotter in the sun.

TheSystemLord1

But its from the SUN is it not?  You can't tell me that a black box, in a white room with no light, is going to be any hotter than the room itself.  Which is what numbnuts up there is trying to say. 

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamekingpin
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]

[QUOTE="atha_an_miere"]Ok numbnuts. I'll take it slow for you. The fact that the energy is solar has nothing to do with it. The color black reacts to and holds heat in general. It might be heat produced from solar energy, but the fact that it came from solar energy has ntohing to do with it. It couldve come from a ceramic heater, and the color black would still react to it and hold in the energy.the1stmoonfly

number 1

number 2

just give up arguing with this guy now, i dont think he's going to prove he's a man and admit he's wrong. Heat absoption differences due to colour have nothing do to with anything other than light, any kind of direct light, and since the colour black absorbs more colour from the spectrum than white it would absorb more heat from a direct light source. Proof that black absorbs more liight, and colours from the spectrum can be seen by the fact the object is black, like when a room is dark, (no light returned to our eye means either no light to start off with or the object the light hits is absorbing it, visa versa for white) Your room tempreture wont affect the balck any differently than the white when its made from the same material, pretty much as you and a couple others have said but I just thought I'd add me ten pence worth.

I second that ten cents worth to make it a dub.  Can I get a ROY G BIV  (those are the colors of the rainbow by the way.)

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamekingpin
Just like with the regular 360 keep it in a well ventilated area.  If you are still worried just go buy a small fan to place behind it to pull heat off of it.  But please, please do not buy any kind of intercooler what ever you do, those things are bad news
edmakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 edmakel
Member since 2004 • 78 Posts

I'll let ya know in a month.....I ran the heck out of it yesterday though...almost 9 hrs straight...I did however slap an intercooler on the back. The air coming out of the back was cooler with the 3 fans from the intercooler running than just the 360E running by itself.

Did anyone else have a hard time getting a best buy service plan?...apparentley they didn't have a code for it.....

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamekingpin

I'll let ya know in a month.....I ran the heck out of it yesterday though...almost 9 hrs straight...I did however slap an intercooler on the back. The air coming out of the back was cooler with the 3 fans from the intercooler running than just the 360E running by itself.

Did anyone else have a hard time getting a best buy service plan?...apparentley they didn't have a code for it.....

edmakel
I am warning you that intercooler is running off of the 360's power supply which was only designed to power the console itself.  With that intercooler you are cuasing the 360 to put out more energy than it is suppose to.  Eventually that may lead to your sytem burning out.  Trust me I know first hand.  It may not even happen 6 months from now but it will. So like I said just go buy a regular fan, a tiny one that you can place right behind it and make sure it is well ventilated.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

Wow. A lot of you people get really angry at really little things.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11941 Posts
I doubt it overheats because it is black.
g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts

I laughed so fuqqin hard I fell off my chair!  THANKS!

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

Black absorbs sunlight which converts to heat not just heat itself lol

But anyway the elite has the same innards as the core and prem except some very small changes

hawkeye_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hawkeye_12
Member since 2006 • 1250 Posts
I must say, this is good revision for me; i have a science exam tommorrow! :P
ramelaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ramelaz
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
Teeheee! this is funny!
edmakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 edmakel
Member since 2004 • 78 Posts
so....what happened to yours...i need details...I really don't trust attachments that often.
Avatar image for pauliewalnuts12
pauliewalnuts12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pauliewalnuts12
Member since 2004 • 4919 Posts
wowww