Does anyone's 360 act this way?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Almost every-time I turn on my 360 nothing happens, except for the fan turning on. The green power light is on but it doesn't do that green clock-wise rotation. So I turn it off and then turn it on again and it works. I have to do this constantly, unless the system was on less than a hour ago and then it seems to turn on the first time. Am I doing something wrong? I waited for a minute one time just to see if it takes awhile to start up but nothing happened. It's not a big deal but I'm worried that it may lead to something worse later down the road and it's annoying having to turn on the console twice every time. I also got the one red ring, about 3 months ago, but I just restarted the system and I haven't received any red rings since.

djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
i had to send my system in over 1 red ring. i kept getting an error screen and it was such a pain. But i haven't had your specific problem sry. TIP: if you have to send it in over 1 red ring, tell them it was RROD because if your 1 year warranty is up, you'll have to pay 100$ for repairs.
AgentPix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 AgentPix
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts

Soon, it wont be able to turn on (and work) at all.. Thats how mine started acting. You might have to send it in to Microsoft soon for repairs.

jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
nope, mine is fine
sagameister3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#5 sagameister3
Member since 2004 • 598 Posts
Sounds like it could be freezing problems. My current xbox had similar issues where the fan would run but the screen would load just freezing seconds later. I had 3 red rings only 2 months after I bought it too and haven't had it since. I'm currently in the process of sending it in for repairs, its an annoying internal problem.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
nope...mine's fine...*knocks on wood
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
[QUOTE="djmillard2"]i had to send my system in over 1 red ring. i kept getting an error screen and it was such a pain. But i haven't had your specific problem sry. TIP: if you have to send it in over 1 red ring, tell them it was RROD because if your 1 year warranty is up, you'll have to pay 100$ for repairs.

Well I guess I was lucky then. And I wouldn't do what you were suggesting as they would most likely find out. I have a three year warranty with Future Shop anyway so I'm not concerned about that. I'm just worried that it may get worse and I'll be 360-less for awhile. I have noticed that Fallout 3 (the game I've been playing the most so far) is getting slower but I wonder if that's just the game and it froze twice on me, but that's not uncommon with Bethesda games.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#8 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
If you're in the one year warranty call MS and try to get replacement, if not just forget it and keep going till it dies.
DarkHart1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkHart1012
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
Best thing to do is send it in now and get it over with
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
u should call up microsoft and hope that it doens't cost money to get it fixed. see if they can do anything about it.
corn_dogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 corn_dogs
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts
It has begun.......
Pump_man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Pump_man44
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts

i had to send my system in over 1 red ring.djmillard2

i sent mine in for RROD and got it back only to send it back again for the 1 red ring (E80 error)...

Ruhdezee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Ruhdezee
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
id wait it out and be a trooper if i was u turning it on twice is better than no xbox at all
Pump_man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Pump_man44
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts
god yeah..
celebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 celebate
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts
Dont you automatically get a 3 year warrenty for rrod ?? Why do people in here continue to say 1 year ?
tony_fjellborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tony_fjellborg
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing, But i have had it for over two years now and it has done this since i bought it so you dont have to worry :P Its annoying thats all
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SOedipus
Mine does the exact same thing, But i have had it for over two years now and it has done this since i bought it so you dont have to worry :P Its annoying thats all tony_fjellborg
This is what I was looking for, lol. As long as it doesn't break on me it's all good. I wouldn't send it in unless it didn't work so I'll keep using it until something happens, if something does happen.
General_Tag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 General_Tag
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Well I have no solution for that other than sending it in to be repaired. If your Xbox has ever overheated, this may be a side effect. There are varying possibilities... I'd send it in if you still have a warranty on it.