Do You Preorder Games?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Testify_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Testify_exe
Member since 2008 • 175 Posts

Just wondering. I don't unless it's a game i know will own hard such as GTAIV which happens to be the only game i've preordered in the past 5 years or so. The reason is because you pre order a game that you think will rock and it turns out to be like Haze or something.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I only do it if it comes with something unobtainable

Infinite Undiscovery extra content, Fable 2 Master Chief, free N64 Banjo game with Banjo, etc........

cheesenuggets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cheesenuggets
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
ya sometimes like if its 4 games i love and if it comes with extra stuffs
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#4 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I never did before this year. the only reason I am now is because I know they're gonna be sold out for awhile. so far I've got Gears 2 and Fable 2. tomorrow I'm getting Star Wars and Fallout 3 :D
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#5 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
Yup, currently have 11 games on pre-order. I'd rather have them phone me to tell me its in than have to keep calling them to see if it's in yet. :D
Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#6 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

i don't see why anyone would preorder a game. its smarter to wait. Sometimes they do offer extra things if you do, but thats pretty rare.

gta 4 owns hard ? hahaha

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
Yes because many games have preorder bonuses so if I was going to get the game anyways, then why not?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

i don't see why anyone would preorder a game. its smarter to wait. Sometimes they do offer extra things if you do, but thats pretty rare.

gta 4 owns hard ? hahaha

Old_Gooseberry

This year Fable 2, Mercs 2, Banjo, Too Human, Infinite Undiscovery all have extra content in the game or extra games if you preorder

Also games like Fallout3 have regular bonus items

It's no longer a rarity

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dukebd699

gta 4 owns hard ? hahaha

Old_Gooseberry

Why is it smarter to wait? The price is still the same. In some cases, it's smarter to preorder. Persona 3 FES edition didn't ship too many copies(nor did Tales of Vesperia for a 360 game example)and you aren't guaranteed a copy as I know alot of people had problems finding Persona 3 FES edition the day after it came out. Plus, preorder bonuses aren't rare. Good ones are but if you're getting it anyways then you might as well as something is better than nothing.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
[QUOTE="Old_Gooseberry"]

gta 4 owns hard ? hahaha

Jaysonguy

This year Fable 2, Mercs 2, Banjo, Too Human, Infinite Undiscovery all have extra content in the game or extra games if you preorder

It's no longer a rarity

What's Fable 2 got?

To answer TC's question: I pre-order games if I know they'll be sold out for months to come (Mario Kart), if there's a kick-ass bonus, or if it's a game that I desperately want and I want to know for sure I can have it on day 1.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
no I usually don't. But dead space apparently comes with an artbook for free with a pre-order so I pre-ordered that. Also I pre-ordered SMT: Persona 4 b/c Atlus only prints like 5 copies of their games in America :roll:
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Old_Gooseberry"]

gta 4 owns hard ? hahaha

JAB991

It's no longer a rarity

What's Fable 2 got?

To answer TC's question: I pre-order games if I know they'll be sold out for months to come (Mario Kart), if there's a kick-ass bonus, or if it's a game that I desperately want and I want to know for sure I can have it on day 1.

Pub games and the limited edition comes with Master Chief in the game

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

Pre-ordering is pointless in most situations. As people have stated, sometimes extra content compels people (like Fable 2 or MGS4), but this isn't applicable for the majority of titles. Another rare example is obscure titles. Some titles warrant a pre-order due to scarcity, such as many games from Atlus.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
[QUOTE="JAB991"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Old_Gooseberry"]

gta 4 owns hard ? hahaha

Jaysonguy

It's no longer a rarity

What's Fable 2 got?

Does the Master Chief armor (I did some research on this subject :)) come as a pre-order or is it in the Legendary Edition, regardless of whether its pre-ordered or not?

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
i dont like to preorder games because sometimes other stores have it for cheaper when there first released.
ps3killer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ps3killer89
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
i only do when its needed now i work at gamestop if u want a copy of the special edition rock band or guitar hero u better preorder cuz the preorders get cut off since their so big theirs only so many copy`s they can send out they are gonna be 2 games that will be hard to get with the instruments when it comes out u gotta put $25 down to preorder any one of them and its always possible say u preorder now the factory`s wont send enough to one store so even tho u get it on preorder theirs a chance theirs so many preorders that we only get enough to cover half of them but at least if u got it on preorder u deffinaly got a copy just gonna come in my advice is just in case what i just saied its something that can happen but it rarely ever does and i mean it when i say that but if it were to happen (which i highly doubt it) just come back in but call be4 we would get another shipment in a week.
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts

Just wondering. I don't unless it's a game i know will own hard such as GTAIV which happens to be the only game i've preordered in the past 5 years or so. The reason is because you pre order a game that you think will rock and it turns out to be like Haze or something.

Testify_exe
only if it comes with some bonus like fable 2 does. or if it will be really hard to get when it comes out.
Cactus_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Cactus_Matt
Member since 2008 • 8604 Posts
No
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
Nope. It's just completely useless. The only reason to pre order is if it comes with some bonus.
fatjoe400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fatjoe400
Member since 2003 • 1880 Posts
Yep. I usually preorder those JRPGs that come on the PS2. I occasionally preorder some 360 games that have great extras like the Gears Of War game that came in that sweet tin box:D
SpYkMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SpYkMo
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
i never have until this year. i had to trade in some games 2 days before madden came out, so i asked if they had any collectors editions left and they had 1 so i used my trade in money for that. and i pre ordered Socom:confrontation to get into the beta. theres 4 best buys, 6 gamestops and a few other stores all withing 1020 minutes of my house/work so i've never had a problem finding a game. i got halo 3 at like 1 pm on the day it released at a best buy. i wasnt even gonna buy it, but it was on a display by the register, so i did.
millwrought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 millwrought
Member since 2008 • 2032 Posts

I usually only pre-order if the game will be in high demand, or has special extras for pre-orderers.

So far I've pre-ordered Turok, Lost Odyssey, Too Human (Good call, extra armors are awesome, and my Gamestop sold out.), Gears of War 2, and Army of Two.

I need to pre-order Infinite Undiscovery and Zoids Assault though.

JRYAN34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 JRYAN34
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts
i pre order just about every other game i buy
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dukebd699

no I usually don't. But dead space apparently comes with an artbook for free with a pre-order so I pre-ordered that. Also I pre-ordered SMT: Persona 4 b/c Atlus only prints like 5 copies of their games in America :roll:grafkhun

Persona 4 got announced? Please don't tell me it's PS3.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Sometimes. It really depends on the game. I pre-order the big games that I want on day one, no later. For example, Gears of War 2 is already pre-ordered.
RaiderNic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RaiderNic99
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I pre-order games whenever I have the money to do so. Currently I have Mercs 2, Star Wars TFU, FABLE 2 Special Edition, Far Cry 2, and Tom Clancy's EndWar pre-ordered.
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts
I always preorder the games i know i am going to get because sometimes they come with free gifts but also because i get double reward points so i get money back on each preorder.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
Only important ones.
Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

[QUOTE="grafkhun"]no I usually don't. But dead space apparently comes with an artbook for free with a pre-order so I pre-ordered that. Also I pre-ordered SMT: Persona 4 b/c Atlus only prints like 5 copies of their games in America :roll:dukebd699

It's being released for the PS2 in Winter. It's already out in Japan. So you can fuse to The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner to your hearts content.

Lord_Tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lord_Tik
Member since 2002 • 888 Posts

I preorder and that's the only times when I actually pay full price for games. I only preorder if I can get a collector's/special edition. If I can't get either of those, then I'll wait for the game to drop in price.

Btw, YourchaosIsntM.... I like the blade runner avy/sig

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#31 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
If theres a good pre order bonus.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
It depends on how popular the title is. I live in a huge city (Chicago) and there have been times where I was unable to pick up games on it's release date. ... MVP 05, etc.
quader_ac400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 quader_ac400
Member since 2007 • 801 Posts
Sometimes only games i really want... The Last game i preordered was Cod 4 but i think iam gonna preorder Brothers In Arms Hells Highway soon
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

I almost always pre-order the games that really interest me. Those are the ones I'm up enough on to know whether I'll generally like it or not. Sometimes I get a crappy game, but generally interests are specific enough that I end up enjoying the game. In some cases, the pre-order bonuses are pretty nice.

Mainly, I just want it on my doorstep the day of release. That saves me a trip to the store and I get to play it right away.

Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
yes, atm i have Fallout 3 and Banjo Kazooie on pre order.
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts
I almost always pre-order because im always purchasing new games. If there's a game i don't want anymore that i have money on I'll just swicth it to something else that I do want.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes fable 2
czort666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 czort666
Member since 2008 • 1767 Posts
I never did it before,but now i'm going to preorder GoW2.
Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

Yes, yes i do.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="JAB991"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Old_Gooseberry"]

gta 4 owns hard ? hahaha

JAB991

It's no longer a rarity

What's Fable 2 got?

Does the Master Chief armor (I did some research on this subject :)) come as a pre-order or is it in the Legendary Edition, regardless of whether its pre-ordered or not?

It's coming no matter what

Pub games and day of release delivery was a nice prompt to put the money down early.

woody411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 woody411
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts
i pre ordered fallout3.i was also thinking about preordering dead space.
fudgiebrown1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fudgiebrown1
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

Infinite Undiscovery extra content, Fable 2 Master Chief, free N64 Banjo game with Banjo, etc........

Jaysonguy

WOAH! what about master chief?

Swytnezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 Swytnezz
Member since 2008 • 166 Posts

the last game game that I pre-ordered was Smash Bros. and that game has let me down big time. But the next game that I will probably pre-order is Banjo-Kazooie:N&B since it comes with a code for the first game. I love that game.

BUt other than that I see no reason to pre-order unless something really fantastic is coming with it if you pre-order. If you want the game you'll get it eventually. I usualyy wait and get them cheaper

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 grafkhun

[QUOTE="grafkhun"]no I usually don't. But dead space apparently comes with an artbook for free with a pre-order so I pre-ordered that. Also I pre-ordered SMT: Persona 4 b/c Atlus only prints like 5 copies of their games in America :roll:dukebd699

it's on PS2 :D

JnTam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JnTam
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
if im really looking forward to the game then ill pre order it
master-dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 master-dude
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts
No.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

fudgiebrown1

WOAH! what about master chief?

Check out the info on the Limited Edition version

Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 Syrenz
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts
I would usually say that preordering is stupid since I like to wait for reviews but SW:TFU has me rethinking that.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dukebd699
[QUOTE="dukebd699"]

[QUOTE="grafkhun"]no I usually don't. But dead space apparently comes with an artbook for free with a pre-order so I pre-ordered that. Also I pre-ordered SMT: Persona 4 b/c Atlus only prints like 5 copies of their games in America :roll:grafkhun

I talked to my friend today and he said it's coming out in December. I can't wait!

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 grafkhun
[QUOTE="grafkhun"][QUOTE="dukebd699"]

I talked to my friend today and he said it's coming out in December. I can't wait!

yup, Dec. 17th I believe, not 100% sure though.