Do you like the achievement system? Would you like to see it next gen or not?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JeanAlex22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JeanAlex22
Member since 2011 • 307 Posts

I hate seeing my games having like 27/50 achievements it makes me feel that I havn't even finished the game but most of the time for me it just feels like a chore, the most boring achievements I ever tried to hunt down was for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, it needs a couple of extra playthroughs to get a full 1000/1000, although a great game, Deus Ex dor me doesn't really have that much replay value mainly because it doesn't have new game+ so I have to go through all the hard work again just to get a 1000/1000 and another example is for Final Fantasy 13 the Treasure Hunter achievement which is really boring to do 'cause of the hours upon hours of grinding needed . . .

Do you like the achievement system? Or you don't really care about them? Do you want to see it implemented in the next gen of consoles . . .

Celesfaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Celesfaar
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I do like it, it shows what Ive done in games, nt that is special or impossible to someone else, but it gives me a sensation of coolness that I didnt had before. I really dont worry in getting all ahievements to get more score, those I have are because I naturally found them. Stressing over score is pointless to me. Id love to still have it on next gen, specially if it will add =P
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#3 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Achievements are fun for those who enjoy them, I don't care about them at all but sometimes I'll admit I try to get some of the more challenging ones.

The system should still be in place unchanged mostly for the next console

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i like it i hope next xbox have achivement system
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
TC, you're speaking from your OCD side. Achievements are fun. They add some replayability. It's fun to compare with friends. I always check the list to see if I can pull off all of them but it won't kill me if I don't earn them all. Especially if they are odd ball multiplayer achievements or involve too much grinding. Too many people would be disappointed if they were taken away for the next gen.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

It's a decent system imo. I dont care to collect all of them, but like the sound of unlocking one. It happens naturally.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I like it, and I'd like it even more if you'd earn MS points with every certain amount of achievment points.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

I don't care if its in the games... I never bother with it though, I finish a game then I never play the game again. Who am I gonna call over to show my achievements to? Call my neighbour over and show him I shot some random 15yr old in Call of duty 20 times in the head? good god.

its hardly what i call an achievement, its more a failure at real life to even think you achieved something in a game.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

It's a nice indication of what you've done in a game, especially for ones that require a bit of skill or luck to pull off.

Achievements that require you to collect 100 pointless items scattered around the game world or kill 50,000 enemies for no reason should be avoided because I literally cannot think of a greater waste of time.

Achievements are great when they're handled right and designed well.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
I like them best when they actually unlock something in the game to really give you a reason to complete them... It also gives designers incentive to make them interesting or unique that way. Minecraft has one for looking at the menu... Yeah im glad i have that under my belt :? I would be happiest if they had a clean slate for the new system and put more thought behind how they can actually affect the game itself.
tribalTox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 tribalTox
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts

I don't mind the Achievements. I admit I will go after a few (because I'll find them fun and challenging) but when it comes to achievements being unlocked through Multiplayer, I pretty much don't even bother with those. And I have to agree with that person about unlocking an achievement by looking at the menu, some are useless and blah!

onebeelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 onebeelo
Member since 2011 • 440 Posts
its can be a nice feeling getting an achievement, even if i dont care for them i just see the point. they dont do anything. i think next gen they should have a think about what achievements actually do and how they can reward a player.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I have no interest in achievements and if it were gone on the next wave of systems, I wouldn't miss it. I feel like its a system that serves to take away in game rewards, for useless points that you get from uninspired busy work. "Get 50 kills with the AK-47" Yeah that's a real achievement. Perhaps if the system was designed to give an actual feel of achievement and not solely to appeal to people's OCD, I would have a higher opinion of it. Like instead of 45 achievements, where all but 4 of them are like the above example, they cut it down to a few actual achievements, that encourages replays or different ways to approach a game.
NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Love the achievement system. Adds replay value honestly. They most certainly should keep it in next-gen.
Roxas658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Roxas658
Member since 2012 • 111 Posts
I love it and hope it carries over into the next gen.
Avatar image for MaxPayneKillers
MaxPayneKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MaxPayneKillers
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
I'd love to see the achievement system next generation and I'm fairly certain we will. I'd love to see what it eventually evolves into. Perhaps video snipits when an achievement is unlocked so others can view it on XBL. I've loved the achievement system since Microsoft introduced it and apparently it's quite popular because everyone else seems to be following suit.
Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts
I think the current system should be carried through to the next generation. I know there are a lot of people that enjoy getting all of a games achievements. As for me, the achievement system doesn't bother me at all. I just don't pay any attention to it. I don't play games for the achievements, but I can definitely see the appeal of wanting to get all of them.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I will be quite p***ed if they don't transfer over gamertags + gamerscore. Achievements are one of the best things about this gen.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts
I don't really mind it. When I first got a 360, all I wanted to do was get achievements, but I grew out of that really fast. I wouldn't mind if it was in the next gen.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I love it and hope to see it next gen.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#21 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
I like achievement hunting. I think it adds a lot to games so I hope it's present next gen.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I would like to see the achievement system in the 8th generation. I am indifferent to getting them.

leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 leathaltaco
Member since 2011 • 222 Posts

i think they should use the achievement points to buy in game stuff, it will make customers buy more games

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#24 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

Achievements are really completely pointless but for some reason I feel like I have to try to get them. While I've never gotten all of them on any game they are still something fun to work at now and then and they gives me a reason to go back and replay some games. So yeah I hope that they have the achievement system on the next gen and that they let me carry over all my old achievements from the 360.

The_Joker1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Joker1721
Member since 2012 • 304 Posts
I like the achievement system. I only try to get them from games that I like plus it's pretty cool to see that number go up.
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I've always been neutral with achievements. It's nice sometimes seeing what I've done with a game. But beyond that, I couldn't really care about them. And even though they don't do much, they've even started adding 360-style achievements in PC games. So yeah, they aren't going anywhere for the next set of consoles.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I'm by no means an achievement wh*** or anything but I do feel like it gives some games a little more purpose and can even lengthen some of them if the achievements are fun to collect.
WeskerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WeskerTeam
Member since 2010 • 1827 Posts

I like getting achievements most the time. I would like to see it in the next xbox. I would be really happy if my achievements carried over from 360.

jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

1. I'm basically guranteeing microsoft will have achievements.

OP, I get what you are saying, thats why I cannot own a PS3. see on the xbox i can be somewhat ok not getting 1k in a game because i still got a percentage. if i don't plat a game on the ps3 i felt like my score was dragged down.

on a side note, i will try to really only get the story ones in games im meh about, games i really like, batman AA/AC and the assassins creed series for example i'll try to get most of their achievements just because I enjoy the game itself and want to maximize its playing time.